Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,213 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Lagos, Kaduna Lead In $2.4bn Foreign Debt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Kaduna Lead In $2.4bn Foreign Debt (695 Views)

David Mark Takes A Clear Lead In Benue South District / PDP In Early Lead In Ekiti / Buhari, Jimi Benson In Early Lead In Ikorodu - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos, Kaduna Lead In $2.4bn Foreign Debt by Firefire(m): 7:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
Fellow Nigerians and Lagosians,
We all knew the magnitude of the Internally Generated Revenue of Lagos State.

Upon that they floated N50Bn BOND, N80Bn BOND and that one no reach them still went ahead for foreign debt $2.4Bn (N384Bn)

Total known debt (50+80+384 = N514Bn)and still counting and countless others.

and peoplae in Lagos are paying Tax and several taxes e.g PAYE, Land Use, Business Permit, Advert, even truck pusher dey pay tax etc

And 90% of the road are BAD. Hahahaaa wating dey happen in Lagos, ACHen and in Nigeria.
Please dont leave debt to the generation yet on born!!!

Lagos, Kaduna and Cross River States recorded the highest external debt stock of $611.25 million (25.64 percent), $215.68 million (9.05 percent) and $113.03 million (4.74 percent) respectively in 2012.

The commissioner described as immaterial, the issue of ascertaining the exact amount of debt.

Akabueze said: “We are not talking of static figure. By the time we conclude today’s activities, the figure must have either moved up or down. “If you are expecting me to give you specific amount, I am not going to do that,” he said.

The commissioner described as immaterial, the issue of ascertaining the exact amount of debt.
“What is going round as the figure is, at best, an aggregate sum. However, what is important is the sustainability of the debt. In Lagos State, the aggregate debt amounts to less than one percent of annual revenue. Because of this, it is not correct to say the State is having financial problem”, the Commissioner said.

Read more here:
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=124070:lagos-kaduna-lead-in-24bn-foreign-debt-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/bond-market/51216-nse-admits-lagos-state-bonds-into-daily-official-list

http://www.proshareng.com/news/5856
Re: Lagos, Kaduna Lead In $2.4bn Foreign Debt by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
Lagos cannot be leading in external debts! Never!! That is next to impossible! Whoever computed these figures must be PDP apologists. No, Fashola cannot accumulate such huge debts, besides, its only 1% of annual revenue, so what's the noise for
Re: Lagos, Kaduna Lead In $2.4bn Foreign Debt by Firefire(m): 8:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
gregtochi: Lagos cannot be leading in external debts! Never!! That is next to impossible! Whoever computed these figures must be PDP apologists. No, Fashola cannot accumulate such huge debts, besides, its only 1% of annual revenue, so what's the noise for

PDP will not rule Nigeria again. Amen.
PDP is a party of blood sucker.
I am not any party apologists, I voted Fashola and ACN now ACHen.
Please check round and confirm the magnitude of the debt been stock pile for us and time will tell.
nothing can be said to show case the debt.
The road to my area is in terrible mess and I pay heavy tax PAYE and on my businesses.
Something must be done.

Good if the debt is rightly use, but NOT!

All what is done in secret shall be make open and announced on roof top SOON!

(1) (Reply)

PDP Employees Forced To Take An Oath Of Secrecy / Why Are Government Workers Always Feel Reluctant To Do Their Job? / How Last Minute Politicking Saved Tukur’s Job. Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.