Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,427 members, 7,958,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:45 AM

How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? (68311 Views)

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / Can Mosquito Transfer Ebola Virus Disease ? / How Safe Is This Herb Yoruba's Call Agbo ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Naijageak(m): 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
I think we should read instructions, its only on sexual enhancement drugs we read their instructions. we should stop killing our immunity I think we should read instructions, its only on sexual enhancement drugs we read their instructions. we should stop killing our immunity I think we should read instructions, its only on sexual enhancement drugs we read their instructions. we should stop killing our immunity
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by malignant1: 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

The best solution is to get an Indoor Residual Spray (IRS) that is odorless and will last for 6 months without needing a respray. I spray my house only twice a year using ICON 10CS or Bistar Wp using my IRS Spray.

The Actellic 300 CS can last for one year eliminating the need for respraying within a year. It eliminates everything pest at home.

See attached link for its efficacy http://www3.syngenta.com/eame/PPM/SiteCollectionDocuments/Leaflets/Vector_control/Actellic_300CS_long_lasting_residual_insecticide_Marketing_Leaflet/Actellic_300CS_English.pdf
Pls where can I buy it?
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Onegai(f): 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
Thanks for this thread. I've been very concerned about it since I first saw it being sold freely. It should be a controlled substance and no-one should be able to buy it unless with a permit and the person should be a professional fumigator.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by kowema(f): 12:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
Deeaka:
I'll advise people to stay away from sniper!!!
I stop breathing when I enter a room that has been "soaked" in sniper. I know people prefer it coz they feel the harsh smell can do the magic of killing stubborn mosquitos... Brethren it's a lie. The mosquitos in my house don't fall under the sniper anointing, I'm the only one who does the falling!
Sniper is harmful, I don't need to be told. I don't know what medical terms they give to the effects but I know breath seizure is one of them, itchy throat and coughing... That's for me sha...

Read my comments below urs. I am a living witness o. It can Kill slowly

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2016
Afrocatalyst:
Sniper and go 90 belong to the family of insecticides calld DDVP. It has been banned by WHO n NAFDAC. Stil Nigerians prefer to use it becos most pple think its faster.
Well,let me hint you more on the reasn it was banned. You see,DDVP is a very toxic chemical which reacts very easily with the lungs and kidney just by inhaling them,which is a major cause of cancer. Worst of it,the chemical is designd to be diluted wit water b4 use bt most of us use it raw or dilute with kerosene. It should never be used by a non professional. There are other organic chemicals bt they dnt react so fast wit d human organs as much as DDVP. Note that DDVP is a family name and there lots of brands out there that belong to dat family.
We need to learn to consult professionals b4 we use any chemical because health is wealth o. I am a professional pest control officer and if I were to advice you, I would say go for [b]NEWLION FUMIGATION. [/b]You can google it. It has been carefully developed and mixed wit the ryt chemicals in d ryt quantity so it does nt compromise your health. There is no DDVP inside and its affordable.
All the best to u as u seek true knowledge.

Can one find the bolded at Street stores like snipers and co? U have an idea of the price?
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Deeaka: 12:20pm On Jun 05, 2016
kowema:
Run!!.. sniper gives me Breathe Seizures..
I use to work for a friend's sis in her restraunt which was quite far from town. The restaurant was Located in Upth and we wud always av to spend the nights there till weekend before we went home. During the period and each night before we slept, the other girls wud spray something called Sniper in the room to ward of mosquitoes and that wud be the end of my breath. I would gasp all through the night for air, some times My breath wud stop for like seconds after would I'd take a deep breath then my heart wud feel free.. I didn't figure it was that sniper thing even after I left the place. Until I spent one Holiday with an Uncle and the seizure resumed again cus his wife had the sniper thing and used it every nigh.

That Sniper can Kill o. Maybe slowly see. Then I remember the Doctors in UPTH warned my friend's aunt to stop using that chemical else they would stop coming to eat there. They even said it contained a chemical used in the Mortuary.

Naturally I have strong body system and if I can react to Sniper then that is the end of poisonous

It sure kills!!!
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by pimplucious: 12:23pm On Jun 05, 2016
Sniper wey I dey use drink garri and nothing happen is what's making ppl become comatose like this?
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ginaz:
this chemicals na WA, I bought one that promised to kill mosquitos but instead wanted to kill and destroy my eyes. I couldn't sleep throughout the night as my eyes were pouring water and shining like wilili.

I will never use them again, but why did God create mosquitos? these animals are bokoharams ...

It's sad how they bite me every night with such a passion that I'm flattered

We created them through our environment.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Tonycart: 12:29pm On Jun 05, 2016
[quote author=Afrocatalyst post=16163533]Sniper and go 90 belong to the family of insecticides calld DDVP. It has been banned by WHO n NAFDAC. Stil Nigerians prefer to use it becos most pple think its faster.
Well,let me hint you more on the reasn it was banned. You see,DDVP is a very toxic chemical which reacts very easily with the lungs and kidney just by inhaling them,which is a major cause of cancer. Worst of it,the chemical is designd to be diluted wit water b4 use bt most of us use it raw or dilute with kerosene. It should never be used by a non professional. There are other organic chemicals bt they dnt react so fast wit d human organs as much as DDVP. Note that DDVP is a family name and there lots of brands out there that belong to dat family.
We need to learn to consult professionals b4 we use any chemical because health is wealth o. I am a professional pest control officer and if I were to advice you, I would say go for NEWLION FUMIGATION. You can google it. It has been carefully developed and mixed wit the ryt chemicals in d ryt quantity so it does nt compromise your health. There is no DDVP inside and its affordable.
All the best to u as u seek true knowledge.[/quote

boss can this your newlion fumigation help in killing bed bug too or can you recommend an effective solution
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by steve6: 12:29pm On Jun 05, 2016
Very informative. Thanks!
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by teabully(m): 12:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
So Op, wat alternative do we use den
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by 400billionman: 12:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
kayoday:
Reading the cover on the popular Sniper used by most lagosians for mosquito control, it is clearly written that it is meant for outdoor use and should be mix with water to reduce the concentration.
However most household use for indoor mosquito control on daily basis , though seems effective want to believe there is a residual effect on ones health. I need expert opinion on this. Will get the active composition and post as well

Better use insecticide treated nets..

Sniper is for farm use..
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by hatchy(f): 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2016
kowema:
Run!!.. sniper gives me Breathe Seizures..
I use to work for a friend's sis in her restraunt which was quite far from town. The restaurant was Located in Upth and we wud always av to spend the nights there till weekend before we went home. During the period and each night before we slept, the other girls wud spray something called Sniper in the room to ward of mosquitoes and that wud be the end of my breath. I would gasp all through the night for air, some times My breath wud stop for like seconds after would I'd take a deep breath then my heart wud feel free.. I didn't figure it was that sniper thing even after I left the place. Until I spent one Holiday with an Uncle and the seizure resumed again cus his wife had the sniper thing and used it every nigh.

That Sniper can Kill o. Maybe slowly see. Then I remember the Doctors in UPTH warned my friend's aunt to stop using that chemical else they would stop coming to eat there. They even said it contained a chemical used in the Mortuary.

Naturally I have strong body system and if I can react to Sniper then that is the end of poisonous
Seriously? My dear same thing happened to me and i even prayed that God should just take my life and restore me back few days after just to get over the suffering I was passing thru for over one week.I experienced complete seizure of breath so many times and doctors couldn't diagnose what was wrong until i found out that each time I'm back home,the breath seizure becomes worse.I realised I sneeze so many times due to that stuff.
I bought this small spray stuff pushed in wheelbarrows all over town in port called "e dey kill mosquito well well,e dey kill landlord,dey kill tenant but e no dey kill care taker"

The worse is that it doesn't kill mosquito but kills roaches instead the mosquitoes emerge stronger with resistance to other insecticides and doesn't bite again but chops off your flesh
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by kowema(f): 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
hatchy:
Seriously? My dear same thing happened to me and i even prayed that God should just take my life and restore me back few days after just to get over the suffering I was passing thru for over one week.I experienced complete seizure of breath so many times and doctors couldn't diagnose what was wrong until i found out that each time I'm back home,the breath seizure becomes worse.I realised I sneeze so many times due to that stuff.
I bought this small spray stuff pushed in wheelbarrows all over town in port called "e dey kill mosquito well well,e dey kill landlord,dey kill tenant but e no dey kill care taker"

The worse is that it doesn't kill mosquito but kills roaches instead the mosquitoes emerge stronger with resistance to other insecticides and doesn't bite again but chops off your flesh

Lolz.. I'm sticking with regular insecticide mbok!..

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by akinlhab(m): 12:55pm On Jun 05, 2016
I work wth the company producing it. It can be safe for you if you how how to dilute It and what to use to dilute it depending on the size of the area you want to apply it.
Contact 081375677731 on the dosage
Cc lalasticlala
Cc Seun
Cc Abioye Samuelee

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by NigerianScholar: 12:56pm On Jun 05, 2016
kayoday:
Reading the cover on the popular Sniper used by most lagosians for mosquito control, it is clearly written that it is meant for outdoor use and should be mix with water to reduce the concentration.
However most household use for indoor mosquito control on daily basis , though seems effective want to believe there is a residual effect on ones health. I need expert opinion on this. Will get the active composition and post as well
Pls. Never use ds tn indoors. Its very dangerous. It would kill both u and d mosquitoes. It landed my mom in the hospital for almost 2 months. Very poisonous chemical

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by linearity: 1:02pm On Jun 05, 2016
hatchy:

lol, quick fix for my obnoxious landlord, btw why is the caretaker immuned to it?

For Lagos some caretakers and landlords have the same DNA, so the stuff suppose work on both equally:..smiley
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by omonla10(m): 1:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
I feel the way out is by using insecticide treated net.. That's the best way to avoid air contamination especially for kids..

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by omron(m): 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
I nearly died of sniper in one of my stay in abuja.. it happens that we get many mosquitoes in our room close to bushy area and we use snipper everyday ..then one day I woke up feeling shortness of breath I tot I was the only one but my roommate complain of the same thing we were rushed to the hospital.... it was as if my lungs came out of my body,,we could not walk properly, we were very weak..... since then I no use am again oo
instead I use mortein or mobil fleet

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by klinlad(m): 1:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
I used sniper one certain evening nd in d morning,i swept d cockroaches it killed.On my way out to get something, i saw a fowl eating d cockroach.On getting bk,i saw the fowl gasping for air,salivating.i jst stood dere perplexed till d fowl dropped dead..from dat day, i stopped using sniper cos,dat fowl could hv been me had it been a drop of it entered my soup

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by greggng: 1:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
It iis very effective in killing mosquito. Just put it in the morning and only enter the house in the night by then the effects wld ve reduced. Since someone said it has been banned how come it has nafdac number and is still sold in all the shops? Who is bring it in and through which port? How come our customs cannot catch them.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Donchyke007(m): 1:32pm On Jun 05, 2016
My experience using sniper indoors was terrible. Though it was vry effective in snuffing out all form of insects particularly the "ever hated roaches" but i must say for three days my chest was heavy. I was having difficulty breathing. I had to wash my room to get the smell out so i could hv sme respite. Evn after washing, it took sme days to fully recover.
The thing dey snipe anything snipeable...so be warned!
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Chukazu: 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

The best solution is to get an Indoor Residual Spray (IRS) that is odorless and will last for 6 months without needing a respray. I spray my house only twice a year using ICON 10CS or Bistar Wp using my IRS Spray.

The Actellic 300 CS can last for one year eliminating the need for respraying within a year. It eliminates everything pest at home.

See attached link for its efficacy http://www3.syngenta.com/eame/PPM/SiteCollectionDocuments/Leaflets/Vector_control/Actellic_300CS_long_lasting_residual_insecticide_Marketing_Leaflet/Actellic_300CS_English.pdf

my thinking is..something that has effects to last for six months sure would have it own "side effects" as well.

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by 400billionman: 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2016
The DDVP family is very dangerous.

It kills pets too. I saw where it was used as fumigant and a dog was chained there. When people were back, the dog was half dead. Died a few days later..
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by JohnNgene: 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
Sniper is very dangerous and poisonous to humans. Even my friend who works with Saro Africa, the company producing it, fears Sniper because he knows how lethal it is. Lol.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by linearity: 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
akinlhab:
I work wth the company producing it. It can be safe for you if you how how to dilute It and what to use to dilute it depending on the size of the area you want to apply it.
Contact 081375677731 on the dosage
Cc lalasticlala
Cc Seun
Cc Abioye Samuelee

Am curious why anyone should contact you for dosage, is it not suppose to be written on the container?

Also, it would have been far better if you educate people publickly here on recommended safe usage, dosage, etc.

Not everyone will be able or willing to contact you; plus you will be doing your company a huge favor par adventure some lands on this page from google or some other search engine, all they will read is the overwhelming life threatening side effects with your comments commending it's safety but only a phone call to unlock those safety measures, plus you work for the company and such, it is reasonable to assume that you will be biased.

Just my 2kobo.

7 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2016
merciie:
sniper banned arrgh....no wonder i couldnt find it in the market.
the mosquitoes in my house are ninja-die-hards, aerosole insecticides is mere incense to them
but mehn, am scared of cancer, i will just have to spread the word in my sniper-lovin-community
Use nose cover before you start spraying.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by kentur: 1:43pm On Jun 05, 2016
You re right, sniper is very dangerous to human health and am having similar experience of difficulty in breathing since the past 2 months
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by goodvision12(m): 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ijaya123:
Yet to see any mosquito the thing has killed. But it deos work for cockroaches very well.
E be like sey yu no sef.That thing called sniper doesnt kill mosquitoes especially does mosquitoes with muscle.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 05, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

The Actellic 300 CS can last for one year eliminating the need for respraying within a year. It eliminates everything pest at home.I my

pls where can I get this product,I really need it,can you tell the price too.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
greggng:
It iis very effective in killing mosquito. Just put it in the morning and only enter the house in the night by then the effects wld ve reduced. Since someone said it has been banned how come it has nafdac number and is still sold in all the shops? Who is bring it in and through which port? How come our customs cannot catch them.
At least,nafdac should have announced it to the public the way they announced other ban substance that is dangerous to health.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2016
All mosquitos and cockroaches repellant chemicals are dangerous to health.One needs to cover his/her nose's when fumigating his/her room.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Groom Dies Few Hours to his Wedding / I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) / Rabiu Musa Is Dead. Showed Coronavirus Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.