Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,540 members, 7,955,006 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:18 PM

How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? (68248 Views)

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / Can Mosquito Transfer Ebola Virus Disease ? / How Safe Is This Herb Yoruba's Call Agbo ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Pray(m): 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2016
First time I encountered Sniper was in d North and it is being used for preservation of farm produce in stores and barns. Not meant for home. If u don't know the type of insecticide to use or u cannot afford regular spray insecticides, just try and buy mosquito net.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Ijaya123: 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2016
goodvision12:
E be like sey yu no sef.That thing called sniper doesnt kill mosquitoes especially does mosquitoes with muscle.

So mosquitoes dëy get muscle?

Lol....!
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2016
The mosquitoes in my hauz kills ten times faster than the sniper.
They are professionals.. Attacking in platoons with Guard and Sub-guard commanders.

So, OP what are u saying

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by professore(m): 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
let us tread carefully,health is wealth.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2016
Deeaka:
I'll advise people to stay away from sniper!!!
I stop breathing when I enter a room that has been "soaked" in sniper. I know people prefer it coz they feel the harsh smell can do the magic of killing stubborn mosquitos... Brethren it's a lie. The mosquitos in my house don't fall under the sniper anointing, I'm the only one who does the falling!
Sniper is harmful, I don't need to be told. I don't know what medical terms they give to the effects but I know breath seizure is one of them, itchy throat and coughing... That's for me sha...
I use it alot because most of the stubborn mosquito in room dies easily when dropped on the floor
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
I swear... used it lastnyt nd battled mosquitoes TDB bt sha i woke up to find 2 cockroaches dead.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2016
pimplucious:
Sniper wey I dey use drink garri and nothing happen is what's making ppl become comatose like this?
Abeg help me hail abacha n Yara dua for dat side

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by planetuzor(m): 2:13pm On Jun 05, 2016
Pest-terminators.com

Good professionals
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Originalsly: 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2016
akinlhab:
I work wth the company producing it. It can be safe for you if you how how to dilute It and what to use to dilute it depending on the size of the area you want to apply it.
Contact 081375677731 on the dosage
Cc lalasticlala
Cc Seun
Cc Abioye Samuelee
Sniper can also be safe if you know how to dilute it. Your product diluted is effective for up to six months..... and comes with over the phone hush hush instructions......why shouldn't I believe your product is just as or even more dangerous than Sniper? Tell us..we are here to learn.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Abutz: 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
after reading this, I have concluded that Sniper manufacturers are another section of one of Nigeria's destructive insurgents like boko haram and NDA. NAFDAC and the army should prioritize in expelling them from this country before the inevitable happens

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by goodvision12(m): 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ijaya123:

So mosquitoes dëy get muscle?

Lol....!
e be like sey no be for nigeria u leave.Since this govt of change came into power muscular mosquiotoes are springing up everyday resisting the power of sniper and compounding the woes of nigerians by giving them malaria parasite.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by admindim: 2:33pm On Jun 05, 2016
great
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by nanauju(f): 2:38pm On Jun 05, 2016
Afrocatalyst:
Sniper and go 90 belong to the family of insecticides calld DDVP. It has been banned by WHO n NAFDAC. Stil Nigerians prefer to use it becos most pple think its faster.
Well,let me hint you more on the reasn it was banned. You see,DDVP is a very toxic chemical which reacts very easily with the lungs and kidney just by inhaling them,which is a major cause of cancer. Worst of it,the chemical is designd to be diluted wit water b4 use bt most of us use it raw or dilute with kerosene. It should never be used by a non professional. There are other organic chemicals bt they dnt react so fast wit d human organs as much as DDVP. Note that DDVP is a family name and there lots of brands out there that belong to dat family.
We need to learn to consult professionals b4 we use any chemical because health is wealth o. I am a professional pest control officer and if I were to advice you, I would say go for NEWLION FUMIGATION. You can google it. It has been carefully developed and mixed wit the ryt chemicals in d ryt quantity so it does nt compromise your health. There is no DDVP inside and its affordable.
All the best to u as u seek true knowledge.

God bless you for this piece. But I want to ask u for advice o. Pls help..
My mom recently stopped using sniper, not because of any other reason order than it has lost its efficacy. So we recently started using odomos(advance mosquito repellent cream) @ night before bed.
Pls do u think it's safe for use?
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by callJesu: 2:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
Have you discovered cancer is on the increase in Nigeria and according to recent studies and reports, exposure to many of these chemicals leads to several toxicity, moreover the class of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, heterocyclic compunds, dangerous fumes and gases from our cars, industries and large machines causes alot of damage to the genetic make up of our body, disrupt the immune system, consequently leading to several syndromes and diseases we see today. Many of these Chemicals are not permitted to enter the advanced countries talkless of household use, yet due to ignorant we make use of them, thinking they are effective in killing mosquitoes and household animals. No wonder the average death age in Nigeria is 40. Lets be natural and biological in dealing with every issues around our homes.

Check my signature on how to solve all infertility problems NATURALLY .....
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by dandollaz: 2:49pm On Jun 05, 2016
Anywhere i see sniper i run for my dear life.it nearly killed me sometime ago.i cant breath in low ventilated area to the extent if i enter public transport i most stay close to window.i went to hospital for that.since then i fear sniper pass bokoharam.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
From what I know about sniper, sniper is an outdoor storage pesticide ( insecticide), but you know most Nigerians abusing substances, improvising and all that. Even the instruction clearly written on the label, even the dosage is clearly written. Most people don't read to see that it should be used outdoors. Meanwhile, I think this is a market opportunity for the company to leverage on.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Perfecttouch(m): 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
dgitrader:

I feel you. How I wish most people will come across this thread and be better informed. Snipper is really really deadly when misused. Although I still use it in my gardening with amazing results, I always remember how it sent me on terrifying admission.
if not for the fact that it was said now ,I won't understand why I always breathe heavily sometimes,never knew it was because of this insecticide .though it's very effective but the side effect is bad.each time I spray it,I can hardly breathe
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Trunaijian: 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
Thanks. But has NEWLION been by nafdac?
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Kotansibe(m): 3:23pm On Jun 05, 2016
SNIPER belongs to a class of insecticides known as DDVP and checking the container you will find boldly written on it: 'For Professional Use'. That said, Sniper is primarily positioned for the control of wide range of insects in stored agricultural produce, warehouse fumigation and field application. But due to its efficacy, people use it at home to control mosquitoes, roaches and other pests.

It is therefore important to adhere to the dose rate as it is very active even at low dosage. Generally 15ml of Sniper diluted with 300ml of water will control the home insect pests. At the end, you will have a healthier environment when used as directed.

See the container for more information.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by duality(m): 3:24pm On Jun 05, 2016
Never knew.

But the thing is effective for bedbugsbedbugs, cockroach etc I used before. Sometimes I don't mix it. I didn't know of all these.

Really it gives great result.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by emmchi(m): 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2016
Am just recovering from a dreadful malaria all thanks to those armour wearing,boko haramish mosquitoes that are more resistant to common insecticides.

Drastic times call for drastic measures.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Ligxy(f): 4:08pm On Jun 05, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

The best solution is to get an Indoor Residual Spray (IRS) that is odorless and will last for 6 months without needing a respray. I spray my house only twice a year using ICON 10CS or Bistar Wp using my IRS Spray.

The Actellic 300 CS can last for one year eliminating the need for respraying within a year. It eliminates everything pest at home.

See attached link for its efficacy http://www3.syngenta.com/eame/PPM/SiteCollectionDocuments/Leaflets/Vector_control/Actellic_300CS_long_lasting_residual_insecticide_Marketing_Leaflet/Actellic_300CS_English.pdf
How do I get this please?

1 Like

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Ijaya123: 4:18pm On Jun 05, 2016
goodvision12:
e be like sey no be for nigeria u leave.Since this govt of change came into power muscular mosquiotoes are springing up everyday resisting the power of sniper and compounding the woes of nigerians by giving them malaria parasite.

Really? I see you're part of the remnant that is still suffering post-election loss syndrome.

Unfortunately, no drugs for your ailment.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Phonon: 4:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Originalsly: 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2016
Afrocatalyst:
Sniper and go 90 belong to the family of insecticides calld DDVP. It has been banned by WHO n NAFDAC. Stil Nigerians prefer to use it becos most pple think its faster.
Well,let me hint you more on the reasn it was banned. You see,DDVP is a very toxic chemical which reacts very easily with the lungs and kidney just by inhaling them,which is a major cause of cancer. Worst of it,the chemical is designd to be diluted wit water b4 use bt most of us use it raw or dilute with kerosene. It should never be used by a non professional. There are other organic chemicals bt they dnt react so fast wit d human organs as much as DDVP. Note that DDVP is a family name and there lots of brands out there that belong to dat family.
We need to learn to consult professionals b4 we use any chemical because health is wealth o. I am a professional pest control officer and if I were to advice you, I would say go for NEWLION FUMIGATION. You can google it. It has been carefully developed and mixed wit the ryt chemicals in d ryt quantity so it does nt compromise your health. There is no DDVP inside and its affordable.
All the best to u as u seek true knowledge.

End of discussion I would expect this kind info be aired by the FG to educate Nigerians about the dangers of using Sniper. In fact, Sniper should be banned period. Following instructions or not.... we should not use this product and discourage others from using it. Treated mosquito nets also have its dangers....in fact...why not have a net period?...why must it be treated? My suggestion... the plant neem is a natural insect repellent.... if you pound the leaves, add a little water and rub on your skin at nights before you sleep... I guarantee you no mosquito... no matter how muscular or ferocious she be... would come close to you. Or...you can burn the stems....the smoke will also repel them.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ligxy:

How do I get this please?

Yomieluv:
pls where can I get this product,I really need it,can you tell the price too.

malignant1:

Pls where can I buy it?
Zone:

Do you know where I can buy Actellic 300CS locally? Thanks in anticipation.

I normally buy through Dizengoff in Ikeja but unfortunately, Dizengoff is not selling now. The company was almost out of Nigeria but are on a comeback.

I have an Agent I normally buy through and have somehow refuse to give me where he buys in Lagos. His number is 08066990236 (Jerry) who stays in Lokoja. You can call that number to get the actual address in Lagos where he buys. I think he is trying to conceal the real price because he sells to us here in Lokoja at N20,000 for 10 sachets and I learnt it as low as N8000 or so for 10 sachets in Lagos.

Feed back the forum if you get the real address and the price. The one i have is the ICON 10 WS which lasts for 6 months
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
Phonon:
The active ingredient in "Sniper" is DDT and it has been widely recommended by experts for use against Mosquitoes. WHO endorsed it's use in 2006.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ddt-use-to-combat-malaria/

its DDVP
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
Chukazu:

my thinking is..something that has effects to last for six months sure would have it own "side effects" as well.

For now, the only side effect is itching when it comes in contact with your skin either during spraying or when the chemical is dry.
Advice is that after spraying, the ground is cleaned.

Below is an image of ICON 10CS and the third pix is the actual holding casing and the fourth is the Cartoon holding 10 units. This must be sprayed with an indoor residual spray. I will post a pix of an IRS here later.

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 05, 2016
Below is an image of an indoor residual spray and the info on the active ingredient in ICON 10CS.

What is IRS?

Indoor residual spraying (IRS) is the application of insecticide to the inside of dwellings, on walls and other surfaces that serve as a resting place for malaria-infected mosquitoes. IRS kills mosquitoes when they come in contact with treated surfaces, preventing disease transmission.

For IRS to be effective, the following conditions must apply:

Majority of vectors (i.e., organisms that transmit malaria) must feed and rest indoors
Vectors are susceptible to the insecticide in use
Houses have “sprayable” surfaces
A high proportion of the houses in target areas are sprayed (more than 80 percent). Read more here http://www.africairs.net/about/indoor-residual-spraying/

Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by goodvision12(m): 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ijaya123:

Really? I see you're part of the remnant that is still suffering post-election loss syndrome.

Unfortunately, no drugs for your ailment.
i no dey for that one oo!pls and pls dont insult me oo.E be lik sey i go report yu to seun of nairaland.
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Ijaya123: 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2016
goodvision12:
i no dey for that one oo!pls and pls dont insult me oo.E be lik sey i go report yu to seun of nairaland.

Where is the insult in my post. Abi conscience dey worry you?
Re: How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? by Phonon: 6:48pm On Jun 05, 2016
Thanks.

EMMAACHILE:

its DDVP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! / Obituary Of Man Who Died At Age Of 170 In Abia (Photo) / Groom Dies Few Hours to his Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.