Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,357 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Bypassing A Wireless Network Security - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Bypassing A Wireless Network Security (3021 Views)

How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer / My Next Door Has A Wireless Network But Protected With A Wep Key / Wireless Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bypassing A Wireless Network Security by DArchives: 1:38pm On May 05, 2008
We are compelled to pay for internet services along with our school fees in our uni.
Few of us use laptop and would connect to the internet and browse the net when not having lectures.After some time some people out of jealosy complained that we use the laptop and enjoy more trhan them. The school authority orderd and the network is now secured.

Pls how can I bypass the security and browse with my laptop using d wireless
Re: Bypassing A Wireless Network Security by timbabng(m): 8:50pm On May 07, 2008
firstly you have to know th type of security being used, find out if its asking for a key or sumtin then post back
Re: Bypassing A Wireless Network Security by larry007(m): 11:40pm On May 07, 2008
Try netstumbler

NetStumbler is a tool for Windows that allows you to detect Wireless
Local Area Networks (WLANs) using 802.11b, 802.11a and 802.11g.
It has many uses:
• Verify that your network is set up the way you intended.
• Find locations with poor coverage in your WLAN.
• Detect other networks that may be causing interference on
your network.
• Detect unauthorized "rogue" access points in your workplace.
• Help aim directional antennas for long-haul WLAN links.
• Use it recreationally for WarDriving.[sub][/sub]

Download from www.netstumbler.com
Re: Bypassing A Wireless Network Security by TmeD0(m): 10:38pm On May 09, 2008
D_Archives:

We are compelled to pay for internet services along with our school fees in our uni.
Few of us use laptop and would connect to the internet and browse the net when not having lectures.After some time some people out of jealosy complained that we use the laptop and enjoy more trhan them. The school authority orderd and the network is now secured.

Please how can I bypass the security and browse with my laptop using d wireless
Ok, I'm confused.  If you're paying for the services, why are you being restricted from using it?  I can understand if the school is limiting access to only tuition-paying students, which should have been the case in the first place.  Doesn't make sense to me.

larry007:

Try netstumbler

NetStumbler is a tool for Windows that allows you to detect Wireless
Local Area Networks (WLANs) using 802.11b, 802.11a and 802.11g.
It has many uses:
• Verify that your network is set up the way you intended.
• Find locations with poor coverage in your WLAN.
• Detect other networks that may be causing interference on
your network.
• Detect unauthorized "rogue" access points in your workplace.
• Help aim directional antennas for long-haul WLAN links.
• Use it recreationally for WarDriving.[sub][/sub]

Download from www.netstumbler.com

Netstumbler will only do what it's listed to do but will not necessarily provide you the wep key or whatever form of encryption is in use.  I believe that's what the poster would like to be able to.  I will want to know why I can't utilize the service I'm being compelled to pay for first before trying to bypass the network security, which could land me in deep dump if caught.   Take am easy o.  Peace!
Re: Bypassing A Wireless Network Security by mmonwuba(m): 8:06pm On May 10, 2008
net stumbler does not provide wep hacking
Re: Bypassing A Wireless Network Security by TmeD0(m): 10:59pm On May 10, 2008
mmonwuba:

net stumbler does not provide wep hacking

Exactly my point!
Re: Bypassing A Wireless Network Security by nazzyon(m): 11:39pm On May 10, 2008
Na sniff d thing dey sniff.
Re: Bypassing A Wireless Network Security by timbabng(m): 10:50am On May 13, 2008
you need wep crack live cd, this will crack any wep in minutes.You should be able to get the .iso online just google for it and if the security does not use wep then you have to try sumtin else
Re: Bypassing A Wireless Network Security by Lakeside(m): 11:40am On May 16, 2008
i`ve got a software that sniffs the wireless network and shows the wep key after revieling the asteriks it show yu the password key in numbers and alphabets, just mail me and i`ll send it to yu.
justlakeside@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (Reply)

US USED MACBOOK AIR ----CORE i7 - SOLD / Multilinks ZTE EV-DO Modem / Direct UK Used Samsung Galaxy A52 At Affordable Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.