Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign (10786 Views)

iOS 7 Download Day Worldwide Release Time [chart] / Amazing Facts About The New IPHONE 6 by APPLE?! / Ios 7 Specs VS Android 4.2, Windows Phone, Blackberry 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by logica(m): 10:28am On Jun 11, 2013
Frosti: They have learnt their lessons. Multitasking is now available? Good.
Ha! Lati 'gba wo?
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by ewizard1: 10:29am On Jun 11, 2013
See where apple is stupid? Giving Samsung a shot "Don have to bump phones together"
Ok, which is more catchy?
AIRDROP is just like "I'll upload it, u'll download it" Veru stupid
Which means.. U can share without network data! Dats stupid!!!

But imagine sharing files by just putting device next to eachother. Dats just cool!
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by coogar: 10:30am On Jun 11, 2013
OMO IBO: I'm not a phone buff but these new designs and functionalities make me hate my blackberry.

I refuse to be tempted!

blackberry is done n dusted!
yes, they carved a niche with their BBM ish years ago but they did not expand their horizon. others have since caught up with them and they have overtaken them too.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by caukerzee(m): 10:35am On Jun 11, 2013
I detest apple's hipocrisy. I hope after this they would stop suing other companies for copying them because iOS7 is a total rip off from android OS and windows OS. Theres nothing, i mean absolutely nothing to call inovation here. That Airdrop is what we call Group play on samsung. I know samsung is matured enough not to start sueing apple though. Fail apple. But i must confess, this ish is sleek tho.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by ewizard1: 10:35am On Jun 11, 2013
kavey10: This guys wan dey wise up now, dissing Android but having most of its features. The whole iOS7 looks Android to me. #FightingALostWar!

Yeah! you got it!

[size=20pt]Fighting a LOST war[/size]
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by LordReed(m): 10:35am On Jun 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Atleast stuff like this won't be accessible to Techno that has become a challenge to samsung which prouds itself in the pack of android developers.

TeamApple#

Let Apple make iOS available to other OEMs 1st let's see.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by ewizard1: 10:38am On Jun 11, 2013
50calibre: Would iOS 7 come with goggle maps or that stup*d apple maps?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You wan make pple begin lost again
Dem sef no go wan do mess. Dem no get shoice!

gMaps on point
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by coogar: 10:40am On Jun 11, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Let Apple make iOS available to other OEMs 1st let's see.

why would apple do such? why can't samsung develop its own operating software instead of tag-teaming with other brands like HTC, LG, Sony, etc?
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by ewizard1: 10:41am On Jun 11, 2013
caukerzee: That is what we call GROUP PLAY on samsung. Apple coppied this feature.

Dont mind dem...
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by caukerzee(m): 10:41am On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

because apple products have a 2nd hand value. people with iPhone 3GS are using iOS 6.

the beauty of this is that even ipod owners would be able to upgrade to this when it comes out later in the year. a feature that is alien to android owners. to use a new android software, you must buy a latest phone!
Lol...fail hater! My samsung galaxy S3 get updates for the next two OS releases. Im even waiting for the key lime pie 5.0 which would be available to my S3. Please do some more research before you start to hate. Its people like you that think all android powered devices are tecno.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 11, 2013
tumababa: we don't av to bump phones together to share files. just use airdrop.....

that is suppose to be a jibe at the android guys... wink
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by ewizard1: 10:43am On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

why would apple do such? why can't samsung develop its own operating software instead of tag-teaming with other brands like HTC, LG, Sony, etc?

Relax bro...I think the moment a phone manufacturer has its own OS .. With time, it loses its fame. Samsung was known to use BadaOS.(Dont know if its Samsung's) bUT see the moment it started with android [size=35pt] BOOOOMMM!!![/size]
Should dey have sticked to dat wack kinda OS! E for don red!
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by caukerzee(m): 10:45am On Jun 11, 2013
Ijogz K: I love most of these Andriod users, "It's always easy to defend poverty" most people av lot of reasons to be poor, while the rich would only tell you one reason to e rich.. "Hardwork"

Majority of the Andriod users here on NL only got the experience via Tecno

The Techno threads speaks for itself!!!
The same android users that use them HTC one's, them Saumsung galaxy s3s and s4s and note 2s huh?
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

because apple products have a 2nd hand value. people with iPhone 3GS are using iOS 6.

the beauty of this is that even ipod owners would be able to upgrade to this when it comes out later in the year. a feature that is alien to android owners. to use a new android software, you must buy a latest phone!

Not for long anymore. I remember reading somewhere that the new samsung galaxy 4 software will soon be available to be upgraded too on the galaxy s3
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by caukerzee(m): 10:53am On Jun 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

that is suppose to be a jibe at the android guys... wink
Jibe or not, that feature has been existing on samsung. It is called GROUP PLAY on samsung. Apple copied it.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by ewizard1: 10:53am On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

Latest phone? Lmao!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That where rooting got a$$ kicked. I got a friend who uses the same phone like i do. He was scared to root,so he's still wishing he had JellyBean. But me? cool I'm running the higest version of jellybean on ma device. Even waiting for KLP sef!
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by ewizard1: 10:56am On Jun 11, 2013
With Android = Its a "Go get it" thingy!
With iOS = Its a "Expecting" thingy
Dont bother if you dont get it. Its not for you anyways.

2 Likes

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by caukerzee(m): 10:58am On Jun 11, 2013
ewizard1: With Android = Its a "Go get it" thingy!
With iOS = Its a "Expecting" thingy
Dont bother if you dont get it. Its not for you anyways.
Well said.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by coogar: 10:59am On Jun 11, 2013
Donxavier:

Not for long anymore. I remember reading somewhere that the new samsung galaxy 4 software will soon be available to be upgraded too on the galaxy s3

they promise that every year - but it's an empty promise

there's a conflict of interest if phone manufacturers make the upgrades available for old phones. how would they sell new phones if the old phones can use new softwares? that's the problem with android and the many phone manufacturers feeding on it's breâsts.

ewizard1:

Latest phone? Lmao!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That where rooting got a$$ kicked. I got a friend who uses the same phone like i do. He was scared to root,so he's still wishing he had JellyBean. But me? cool I'm running the higest version of jellybean on ma device. Even waiting for KLP sef!

that's the point....
why root to use a new software when apple users that own old devices can just upgrade to a new software with a touch of a button?
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by abduldope(m): 11:00am On Jun 11, 2013
OMO IBO: I'm not a phone buff but these new designs and functionalities make me hate my blackberry.

I refuse to be tempted!
grin wait till BBM strt wrk for IoS na den u go de pray daily on hw to gt riD of am....lwkm waste 60k for bold 5 by den u go luk for who gt 1ok sef e go hrD tongue cheesy
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by betrani(m): 11:04am On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

I bet u knw WINTEK a chinese company; makes most chips and LCD screens on apples devices and makes for more other Vendors! What second hand value are u talking about! These apple thins are overated! They actually copied android! Multitasking and stuff cose they are scared of the OS! Iphone can never be like android! If u ve heard of open source u shoud knw what I mean! Do u knw what it means to have more than 50 million developers! Putting so much glamour into an Os?
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by achi4u(m): 11:19am On Jun 11, 2013
I love my android infinix for now
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by mrdrizzy(m): 11:35am On Jun 11, 2013
Yes cook is ryt when he said 1/3 of android user still use the 2010 os(froyo/gingerbread) compared to apple that all iphones are upgradeable..anyway android still rocks sha,bt we gotta say kudos to d ogas..APPLE
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by LordReed(m): 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

Before you talk do some investigation 1st. Google BadaOS and Tizen. BTW iOS is a Unix/Linux child so they can't claim to be fully self developed.

WP8 is not limited to any one OEM but we don't see a drop in quality do we?
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
So will this work on my 3gs?
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by mflexy8(m): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
WebOS+Wp7+JB=iOS7. Apple is a rip off. I bet Steve Jobs' coffin is red from anger. Soon I'll hear how innovative this design is. Windows phone app switch√
Windows Vista Aero background √
Android JB stock feel√
Tab view from Chrome browser√
Music app look n feel from Nokia Meego OS√
Oh I forgot.. Caller screen look from Wp7√√
Flat edged n simple design from Wp8√√√
Bye bye scheumorphic crap Apple was so lauded for.
Who says innovation doesn't pay?
Damn, it pays the thief/copycat.
Isheeps pls wake up. Steve Jobs took your beloved iCool n Apple mojo to his grave.
Sorry if I hurt ur Ipride! wink

3 Likes

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Bright2(m): 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2013
Nice phone jst dat i wish it was made in Nigeria kiss kiss kiss
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by loswhite(m): 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Atleast stuff like this won't be accessible to Techno that has become a challenge to samsung which prouds itself in the pack of android developers.

TeamApple#
hmmm u don dey find trouble o
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
All I'm gonna say is that Apple has seriously cluttered their interface. There's too many things going on there at the same time now.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by loswhite(m): 12:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
Frosti: But then, come to think of it, why are Apple's devices so expensive when compared to devices of the same range, power and specs?
probably because of their brand name and reputation . My opinion tho
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by loswhite(m): 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2013
ewizard1: See where apple is stupid? Giving Samsung a shot "Don have to bump phones together"
Ok, which is more catchy?
AIRDROP is just like "I'll upload it, u'll download it" Veru stupid
Which means.. U can share without network data! Dats stupid!!!

But imagine sharing files by just putting device next to eachother. Dats just cool!
hw is it stupid ? Do u think they build it 4 ur village where u have to worry so much abt data. Js stick to ur android and stop making dumb comment
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by coogar: 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Before you talk do some investigation 1st. Google BadaOS and Tizen. BTW iOS is a Unix/Linux child so they can't claim to be fully self developed.

WP8 is not limited to any one OEM but we don't see a drop in quality do we?

what is this one saying? apple patently owns the iOS, samsung does not own android - that's the difference. apple can control it's own destiny, samsung devices cannot as they are at the mercy of android.....why can't you see this difference?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Symbian Mobile Tips And Tricks / Glo Increases Their Data Cap (baba For Data) / The Cheapest Glo Tariff Plan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.