Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign (10785 Views)

iOS 7 Download Day Worldwide Release Time [chart] / Amazing Facts About The New IPHONE 6 by APPLE?! / Ios 7 Specs VS Android 4.2, Windows Phone, Blackberry 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by loswhite(m): 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
caukerzee: That is what we call GROUP PLAY on samsung. Apple coppied this feature.
since when is Samsung an operating system? The talk was abt the ios, dat is operating system .
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Blackteeth(m): 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
I dont think ios Will last far into the future. Apple phones are only popular and strong in the U.S with only 41% share of subscribers.
Android is going worldwide, and it would one day suppress ios like what windows PC did to macintosh.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by nsidibe140(m): 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
abeg make una reduce the price of some una apple product cos is too cost
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by bloggernaija: 2:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
remmyz: it looks very android like but more polished

No. All other smartphones are a clone of the iPhone .
So the correct thing to say is that the android looks like the iPhone.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by coogar: 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
Blackteeth: I dont think ios Will last far into the future. Apple phones are only popular and strong in the U.S with only 41% share of subscribers.
Android is going worldwide, and it would one day suppress ios like what windows PC did to macintosh.

that's because android is cheaper and several phone manufacturers use it. iOS runs only on apple devices.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Suntemi(m): 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
Each time new OS version is unveils, argument starts, Why? that reminds me, 4ller and Tex never join the argument yet. What happened? it's unlike the two of them.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Blackteeth(m): 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

that's because android is cheaper and several phone manufacturers use it. iOS runs only on apple devices.

Of course thats why I said Apple wouldnt last far into the future.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by FBS: 2:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
Really dont see the BIG deal in this. Polished interface and introduction of Airdrop (copy copy grin).
After that nko? undecided

Apple can and should better than this.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by FBS: 2:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:
that's the point....
why root to use a new software when apple users that own old devices can just upgrade to a new software with a touch of a button?
Why jailbreak then?

You get the best out of your iDevice by Ja-Bring it. grin
heck to edit on the ipad is a NIGHTMARE. A simple tweak and life is good.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Fukup(m): 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2013
youmour: So will this work on my 3gs?
nah bro.wont work on 3gs
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by LADEMINUS: 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2013
Frosti: But then, come to think of it, why are Apple's devices so expensive when compared to devices of the same range, power and specs?

The same reason my TM Lewins are better than an average aba shirt!! Let's face it, u r guaranteed 5yrs continous nice battery service with an idevice.. And the batts last 3x longer than androids!! While an android batt has a half life of 1yr.. And that's just talking batteries

The S3 screen costs about 35k if damaged even slightly, as it will not function properly, while I had an accident recently and even though my iphone bore d brunt, the gorrila corning glass was cracked severally, but most peeps still tell me they cnt see the cracks till dey slant the fone, and it works perfectly, no ink spilling or anything even with the large conplete cracks...

One word QUALITY!
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
Fukup: nah bro.wont work on 3gs

Screw it then
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by remmyz(m): 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
nice one from tim cook

If everyone is busy
making everything...how
can anyone perfect
anything? We start to
confuse convenience
with joy, abundance
with choice. Design
requires something:
focus. The first thing we
ask is what do we want
people to feel.
Delight...surprise...love...connection.
Then we begin to craft
around that intention. It
takes time. There are a
thousand no's for every
yes. We perfect. We
start over, until
everything we touch
enhances every life it
touches. Only then do
we sign our work:
Designed by Apple in
California.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by LADEMINUS: 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
Blackteeth: I dont think ios Will last far into the future. Apple phones are only popular and strong in the U.S with only 41% share of subscribers.

The only thing preventing 80 per cent of naijas owning an idevice is the relative speed and cost of broadband that's too poor, even availability is limited.. Once dis is solved very soon.. Expect naigerians who are known to spend heavily on fones to start buying it like water!!!

BB was a hit because it addressed internet and browsing costs chikena
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Atleast stuff like this won't be accessible to Techno that has become a challenge to samsung which prouds itself in the pack of android developers.

TeamApple#

Lol.. whaaa!!! Techno challenge Smasung??
That's a low score.. even for you man sad
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 3:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
Frosti: But then, come to think of it, why are Apple's devices so expensive when compared to devices of the same range, power and specs?

BRAINWASHING (subtle word: marketing)
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by coogar: 3:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
Blackteeth:
Of course thats why I said Apple wouldnt last far into the future.

they would last much longer -
apple keep the ecosystem running - the transition from the macs to the pods to the pads and to the phones is crisp.

FBS:
Why jailbreak then?
You get the best out of your iDevice by Ja-Bring it. grin
heck to edit on the ipad is a NIGHTMARE. A simple tweak and life is good.

smart owners of idevices don't jailbreak.....
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by ibietela2(m): 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
Still wondering what brought the T in this matter..
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

the beauty of this is that even ipod owners would be able to upgrade to this when it comes out later in the year. a feature that is alien to android owners. to use a new android software, you must buy a latest phone!

You couldn't be more wrong niggre.. You could try buh u wouldn't be successful
Case Study.. S2 Came with Gingerbread and ran 3 subsequent OS. Honeycomb, ICS, JB
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
All these tweeks Apple has put in their "biggest thing to happen to iOS since blabla" OS is just a mere PHOTOCOPY of Android JB features. But google is not gonna sue. They're not like Apple that discovers dirt first and say nobody else can walk the Earth.
Google trumps Apple in this life and the next!
idr0idS 7.. B! tch please
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
logica: Ha! Lati 'gba wo?

True Multitasking is preety new to the market. What it means is that you can have two applications displayed on your screen at the same time. Split screen format
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 3:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
ewizard1: See where apple is stupid? Giving Samsung a shot "Don have to bump phones together"
Ok, which is more catchy?
AIRDROP is just like "I'll upload it, u'll download it" Veru stupid
Which means.. U can share without network data! Dats stupid!!!

But imagine sharing files by just putting device next to eachother. Dats just cool!

Nor mind em Agbalumo folks..
Touch to beam is sexy. The touching part was created as a sweet gesture and am loving it. And to clarify, u separate the devices after they've synced, not that you have to keep em together. And the file sharing speed?? Don't need to say much on the subject
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

why would apple do such? why can't samsung develop its own operating software instead of tag-teaming with other brands like HTC, LG, Sony, etc?

That's some stone age shii u talkin bro.
Imagine windows OS running only on a particular laptop brand.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
caukerzee: The same android users that use them HTC one's, them Saumsung galaxy s3s and s4s and note 2s huh?

Lol.. free the fool.
Note 2 in da house... Can I get another high-end Droid user to disprove that mungo park?
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 3:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
loswhite: since when is Samsung an operating system? The talk was abt the ios, dat is operating system .

Actually sir! You're still wrong, sadly. Samsung calls it group play. Other DROID makers call it their respective names. And that person was making reference to samsungs version of it.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
LADEMINUS:

The same reason my TM Lewins are better than an average aba shirt!! Let's face it, u r guaranteed 5yrs continous nice battery service with an idevice.. And the batts last 3x longer than androids!! While an android batt has a half life of 1yr.. And that's just talking batteries

The S3 screen costs about 35k if damaged even slightly, as it will not function properly, while I had an accident recently and even though my iphone bore d brunt, the gorrila corning glass was cracked severally, but most peeps still tell me they cnt see the cracks till dey slant the fone, and it works perfectly, no ink spilling or anything even with the large conplete cracks...

One word QUALITY!

Hey Mr Sheep, you need to do more reading on tech guide and gsmarena and more watchin on youtube. Go see yer Apple drop tests. Only then are u equipped to come back here.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
remmyz: nice one from tim cook

If everyone is busy
making everything...how
can anyone perfect
anything? We start to
confuse convenience
with joy, abundance
with choice. Design
requires something:
focus. The first thing we
ask is what do we want
people to feel.
Delight...surprise...love...connection.
Then we begin to craft
around that intention. It
takes time. There are a
thousand no's for every
yes. We perfect. We
start over, until
everything we touch
enhances every life it
touches. Only then do
we sign our work:
Designed by Apple in
California.

Wooooow!! That's the longest piece of BullSh/t I ever read. 20 lines
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by coogar: 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
BashToks:

You couldn't be more wrong niggre.. You could try buh u wouldn't be successful
Case Study.. S2 Came with Gingerbread and ran 3 subsequent OS. Honeycomb, ICS, JB

how soon after those OSs came out did S2 latch on to them? please, don't dance around in circles, just give me the precise waiting time.....
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by BashToks: 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
coogar:

how soon after those OSs came out did S2 latch on to them? please, don't dance around in circles, just give me the precise waiting time.....

A year thereabout. Sammy has quite a range of devices to work on (phones only). So they're forgiven on that ground. BUT that's not the point.. the point is that you lied. You made up sh! t and presented it as truth.
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by ibietela2(m): 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
BashToks:

True Multitasking is preety new to the market. What it means is that you can have two applications displayed on your screen at the same time. Split screen format

I heard some samsung device has spit screen?
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
A CASE STUDY FOR iSHEEP PRISONERS :p
NOT ALL FEATURES WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR OLD iSHEEP DEVICES!!!
GET A NEW iDEVICE...........
www.gsmarena.com/not_all_ios_7_features_will_be_coming_to_older_idevices-news-6200.php
Re: iOS 7 By Apple : A Major Redesign by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
ibietela2:

I heard some samsung device has spit screen?
LG rules in dat aspect.... Split screen smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why You Will Never Guess A Correct Recharge Card / Tecno Boom J8 Thread – First Tecno Phone To Feature Hios Ui / Symbian Mobile Tips And Tricks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.