Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging (5417 Views)

My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? / Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by emandman: 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
Hello,My laptop b3 icon indic8 plug in but not charging,i googled it and i saw sumtn lyk go to device manager and unistal ACPI.. sumtsumtn..i did dat even remove d b3 4 more than 1hour stl d problem persist pls who knws wot i can do shd hlp pls.thanks and God bless
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by paulabdeel(m): 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2013
Sorry about that. Go to www.wikihow.com I believe you will find useful information there. I am reinstalling my OS, so I cannt reach my files.
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by lecturerdabo(m): 7:52am On Jun 11, 2013
paulabdeel: Sorry about that. Go to www.wikihow.com I believe you will find useful information there. I am reinstalling my OS, so I cannt reach my files.

Tnx Bro.
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
So many troubleshooting steps are involved. Is the problem solved?
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by emandman: 9:40pm On Jun 11, 2013
thanks even afta removing b3 b4 ...my bro removd it too today and we claen d surface and dust evrythng ...ot's nao working fine..chrging up to 100%

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 12, 2013
Great!
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by emandman: 7:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
Guys,am sorry sounding so unstable cos dat wot d system doing also.it started again...could it b d b3 is worn out? Only 1year plus
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by emandman: 10:15am On Jun 13, 2013
Still waiting pls.i no gt money to see engineer oh...abeg guys
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
It might not really be a battery problem but nevertheless, let's troubleshoot from the charger first. Charge the system in question with another system charger of the same product and give your update.
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by emandman: 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
Thanks it's not charger..infact it was charging up to 87%,l8r 65,l8r 52% now it's nt charging more dan 42% b4 it writes "plug in not charging" when i hover on the charger icon on d screen.pls guys any info is welcome.
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by emandman: 10:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
Thanks it's not charger infat it was charging up to 87%,l8r 76,65,52,now is not charging more dan 42%
b4 it writes plug in but not charging wheneva i hover on d b3 icon on d screen..pls any info on posibu soltn welcome.thanks
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 14, 2013
Now I guess the battery is weak!!! You may have to buy another... Please not that Laptop batteries have their own life span. The more you use/charge it, the more is degrades. So I advise you replace your cell.
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by emandman: 11:29am On Jun 14, 2013
Kai..datz my fear exactly,..d b3 is only 1year 3month old...hw can b3 dat young b lyk dat..mhen...
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 14, 2013
For your information: Li-Ion batteries begin aging the moment they are produced and there is little you can do to prevent this. What causes the aging is that the electrolyte slowly breaks down the positive plate, causing the internal resistance to increase to a point where no energy can be delivered. A partial charge and low temperatures slow down this process and hence increase the lifetime of your battery.

Li-Ion Battery DOs

-partially discharge and recharge (no memory effect).
-charge at lower voltage.
-take out battery when laptop is running with AC power connected.
-store battery in refrigerator with a 40-50% charge.
-cycle the battery every few weeks or after every 30 partial charges.

Li-Ion Battery DON’Ts

-deep discharge battery.
-trickle charge.
-ultra-fast charge.
-leave fully charged battery in laptop while running on AC power (heat damage).
-freeze battery.

Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by emandman: 3:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
Thanks.am sure guilty of 1/2 things here...i will try and caliberate(completly discharge and charge again.) i saw dat in a website,i was afraid to do it b4.but seems is d nxt line of action
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by gigabytes: 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
I have same problem with my laptop. Now it not charging and its at zero level. If light goes off, my system follows too.

I changed my charging cable, cleaned the terminals - it didn't work, the only option left for me to try is to sub d battery and see if it will work. I googled the whole thing, some say its board problem some software some hardware. I will be going to computer village to get new battery but before then, I want to swap and see. My computer is Dell inspiron 1420, currently running on windows 8 pro build 9200. Alas, the problem didn't start with windows 8, it started with (follow-come) vista.

Any further help with be appreciated.
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by gigabytes: 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
I even heard of putting it inside freezer with ziplock and then charge and discharge, I havnt tried that, may be this saturday / sunday for 15 hours
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by gigabytes: 5:39pm On Jun 14, 2013

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by emandman: 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
Ok...freezer mhen...
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 15, 2013
gigabytes: I have same problem with my laptop. Now it not charging and its at zero level. If light goes off, my system follows too.

I changed my charging cable, cleaned the terminals - it didn't work, the only option left for me to try is to sub d battery and see if it will work. I googled the whole thing, some say its board problem some software some hardware. I will be going to computer village to get new battery but before then, I want to swap and see. My computer is Dell inspiron 1420, currently running on windows 8 pro build 9200. Alas, the problem didn't start with windows 8, it started with (follow-come) vista.

Any further help with be appreciated.

Do the following:

- Plug your PC to an AC power, remove and re-insert the battery and take note of the error message you'll see after insertion. (Share the error message here)

- Update your system's battery drivers from your device manager.

If problem persists, go to C'village, and buy a new battery. Mind you, test and see that the new battery charges before you make payment. Testing is allowed.

Goodluck.

Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 15, 2013
e mandman: Thanks.am sure guilty of 1/2 things here...i will try and caliberate(completly discharge and charge again.) i saw dat in a website,i was afraid to do it b4.but seems is d nxt line of action

If your battery is totally bad, there is no technique that will bring it back to life because once the positive plate breaks down it will always cause the internal resistance to increase to a point where no energy can be delivered.

Carry out your further troubleshooting step with a new battery with the same AC Adapter you have.

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by eyispecial(f): 10:55am On Jun 25, 2013
Hi guys, my problem is dt anytime i put on my laptop within 5mins it will be so hot dt i will hav to shut down. Pls what could be d problem?
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 25, 2013
eyispecial: Hi guys, my problem is dt anytime i put on my laptop within 5mins it will be so hot dt i will hav to shut down. Pls what could be d problem?

what's your system's configuration?
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by mykah09: 11:45am On Jun 28, 2013
My sony vaio battery display plugged in charging but its stay on 1% since and goes off immediately its disconnected from power source. Pls any tip on what to do. Thanx
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 28, 2013
mykah09: My sony vaio battery display plugged in charging but its stay on 1% since and goes off immediately its disconnected from power source. Pls any tip on what to do. Thanx
Defective Battery!... Please replace.
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by damatolnew: 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
kunletiwoo: For your information: Li-Ion batteries begin aging the moment they are produced and there is little you can do to prevent this. What causes the aging is that the electrolyte slowly breaks down the positive plate, causing the internal resistance to increase to a point where no energy can be delivered. A partial charge and low temperatures slow down this process and hence increase the lifetime of your battery.

Li-Ion Battery DOs

-partially discharge and recharge (no memory effect).
-charge at lower voltage.
-take out battery when laptop is running with AC power connected.
-store battery in refrigerator with a 40-50% charge.
-cycle the battery every few weeks or after every 30 partial charges.

Li-Ion Battery DON’Ts

-deep discharge battery.
-trickle charge.
-ultra-fast charge.
-leave fully charged battery in laptop while running on AC power (heat damage).
-freeze battery.

https://www.nairaland.com/1338275/leaving-laptop-plugged-all-time
Comment to that please
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by emandman: 11:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
TNKS KUNLETIWO AND CO...ITS NAO BAK TO NORMALL,NOMAL TYM, NOMAL CHGING,,,,TNKS grin
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by mykah09: 4:04pm On Jun 29, 2013
Thanx so much i appreciate.
kunletiwoo: Defective Battery!... Please replace.
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by kingmaker2(m): 7:27am On Jul 02, 2013
e mandman: TNKS KUNLETIWO AND CO...ITS NAO BAK TO NORMALL,NOMAL TYM, NOMAL CHGING,,,,TNKS grin
What did you do that finally brought your battery to normal? Share it with us pleaae.
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by eyispecial(f): 12:19pm On Jul 02, 2013
kunletiwoo:

what's your system's configuration?

Sorry for d delay.
My system is Hp G700,
Processor: Intel (R) @ Celeron (R) 560@ 2.13GHz RAM 1GB
32 bit Window vista
Thanks.
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 03, 2013
eyispecial:

Sorry for d delay.
My system is Hp G700,
Processor: Intel (R) @ Celeron (R) 560@ 2.13GHz RAM 1GB
32 bit Window vista
Thanks.
This might be due to inadequate VENT.

Do you place your system on the bed while in use? Has anything been preventing the normal internal heat of the system from going out?

Now Let's troubleshoot: Put on the system and confirm if the FAN is working. If otherwise, replace FAN.

If the FAN is working and still your system is hot, take the system to a nearby technician and have the fan blown, in the process of blowing the fan all thiny particles(dust) preventing the fan from working properly will be removed.

And if after all these your system still goes hot then we can start troubleshooting from the system's processor
Re: My Laptop Plug In But Not Charging by cupid4ig(m): 8:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
eyispecial: Hi guys, my problem is dt anytime i put on my laptop within 5mins it will be so hot dt i will hav to shut down. Pls what could be d problem?
ur vent is blocked u need to open ur system and clean the air vent pls if u are not perfect take it to a computer repairer to help u. cos u might damage ur system. thou I did mine my self witth the help of a video I downloaded from youtube. mine is hp dv6. once u clean the vent ur system will be normal again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Compaq Presario C700 Recovery Disc / What Is The Difference Between Intel Core 2 Duo And Amd Turion Core 2 Duo? What / HP Zbook 15 (500gb/8gb,corei7, 2gb Dedicated graphics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.