Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? (24496 Views)

Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Acted Jesus Of Nazareth / Beware Of White Garment Churches..the Worship The Marine Spirits! / How To Worship The Nigerian God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by kufre2010: 7:56am On Jun 11, 2013
In the 1979 Jesus movie the first movie that was acted to tell the story of Jesus acording to the gospel of luke. The movie was directed by peter sykes, John kisch etc. Brian Deacon played the role of Jesus christ. Today it is not uncommon to see people hanging Brian Deacon picture in their house, car, shop, church etc some even put it in their private family altars and other places of warship to d extent that Brian Deacon picture has now been mistakenly taken as something that can protect one from evil where as it cannot. Even the new generation don't even know that the face they see is not the true picture of Jesus but that of Brian Deacon. I know some people will say it served as a reminder but i tell u that u don't need a picture of Brian Deacon to remind u of Jesus as no Moslem can show u the picture of Mohammed yet they respect him and do not need to b reminded by another person picture. Same with Buddah followers, they don't have another person picture to remind them of Buddah. So for those who have been worshiping the picture of Brian Deacon, is it right? Ok if it is right then it is actually right to worship and have reverence for any other person who has in one way or the other acted or play the role of Jesus in any theatrical play or real movie.
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by Freem: 8:22am On Jun 11, 2013
Dont ever worship any image

1 Like

Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by Sanboy25: 8:56am On Jun 11, 2013
No it is wrong. smiley
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by amiskurie(m): 9:13am On Jun 11, 2013
oya front page

space bought!!
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by kufre2010: 10:44am On Jun 11, 2013
Moderator frontpage pls because many people use to worship this picture and some put it in their house, car etc thinking it will protect them from evil. Lets see if there is anybody that can testify to the potence power of this picture.
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by italo: 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
@OP...Whoever told you that he/she worships the picture?
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by TableLeg(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
To hell with Brian Deacon!
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
italo: @OP...Whoever told you that he/she worships the picture?
*suspected catholic supporting paganism*
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by kufre2010: 1:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
the fact that some people hang it in their altar, house and prayer house is a sign of worship or given special reference to
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by italo: 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
kufre2010: the fact that some people hang it in their altar, house and prayer house is a sign of worship or given special reference to

No. That is not necessarily worship. Except you mean to tell me that your definition/view of worship is that shallow.
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by wazobiaforu(m): 12:06am On Jun 14, 2013
Few minutes please .......... Let me quickly find where to ask OLAADEGBU if the same person is who all his heaven - hell journey just come always see .

I can bet with my online banking info that Brian Deacon is who all heaven hell journey just come always see because non has come to tell us Jesus is different from the picture will always see.

Gross fools
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by kufre2010: 9:01pm On Jul 01, 2013
when catholic church build the image what do they do with it?
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by italo: 6:38am On Jul 02, 2013
kufre2010: when catholic church build the image what do they do with it?

The same thing you do with pictures of people you love and honour.

AND IT WAS NOT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH THAT MADE THE FILM OR THE IMAGE!
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by MrScript(m): 6:58am On Jul 02, 2013
my
pple suffer 4 Lack of 'knowledge' we d younger generations r brot up 2
believe dt 'Brian Deacon's face s d real face of Jesus Christ. May God
bless u 4 dis page@OP. *front page pls*
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by Alphaoscar: 1:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
Chai!! People don suffer for this world ooo. So the image is not truly that of Jesus Christ but a mere mortal like Alphaoscar, Lalasticala and ishilove?

Seun must hear this!!!
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by asala1: 4:55pm On Apr 06, 2015
Why worship an atheist?
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2015
Stick to the image of Cesare Borgia.
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by sonmvayina(m): 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
I don't think it was that movie or the Borgia that proposed that as the face of Jesus, but the Turin shroud ....
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by pupsyd: 2:48am On Apr 07, 2015
That Doesn't Matter, What Matter Most Is Ur Faith. The Person In Question Is A Creator He Can Decide To Use The Face Of Brian Deacon, Fela Or Even Seun, If He Does Will U Appeal?
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by alienvirus: 5:48am On Apr 07, 2015
Some people claim that they see Jesus in their dreams. Is it Mr Brian they see ? Some even claim he gave them some spiritual callings. See Christianity and fraud.
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by babylolaroy(f): 6:41am On Sep 09, 2015
italo:

No. That is not necessarily worship. Except you mean to tell me that your definition/view of worship is that shallow.
you are a liar and thats not fair to your own self and in the interest of truth. you know what worship means nd you know when you do it to mr deacon's picture. if yu dont, others do it. hanging a cross around ur neck, buying a home wall paper etc....thats called reverence to the point of worship na. some christians even argue that they worship God not Jesus, yet they dont hang God's own image buh jesus' own wic sadly is now not his. am short of words...but again, what can surprise me in christianity?
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by italo: 8:30am On Sep 09, 2015
babylolaroy:

you are a liar and thats not fair to your own self and in the interest of truth. you know what worship means nd you know when you do it to mr deacon's picture. if yu dont, others do it. hanging a cross around ur neck, buying a home wall paper etc....thats called reverence to the point of worship na. some christians even argue that they worship God not Jesus, yet they dont hang God's own image buh jesus' own wic sadly is now not his. am short of words...but again, what can surprise me in christianity?

So to you, hanging a picture or wearing a chain on your neck means you're worshipping the chain and picture?
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by babylolaroy(f): 9:31am On Sep 09, 2015
italo:

So to you, hanging a picture or wearing a chain on your neck means you're worshipping the chain and picture?
excuse me o jare. haha. dont christians wearing these things believe in it. worshipping means believing in a certain thing as your helper or whatever.
besides we v seen christians kneeling on both knees to an image of jesus in church, saying o father lord, your dear child is here at your feet...kai. what else do u mean. yu sha cannot kayin no corner
Re: Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? by italo: 9:58am On Sep 09, 2015
babylolaroy:

excuse me o jare. haha. dont christians wearing these things believe in it. worshipping means believing in a certain thing as your helper or whatever.

We Catholics don't believe in the sacramentals we wear as our helper...just like the woman with the Issue of blood didn't believe in Jesus' Garment as her helper. We, like the woman believe God can heal us by his power which is bestowed on those things.
babylolaroy:

besides we v seen christians kneeling on both knees to an image of jesus in church, saying o father lord, your dear child is here at your feet...kai. what else do u mean. yu sha cannot kayin no corner

Just like Joshua and all the Israelites prostrated before images in the Ark and spoke to the Father in Joshua 7:6.

Were they worshipping the images?

You need to open your mind to the spirit, start reading the Bible and become a Christian. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Catholics And Protestants Fight Inside A Bus In Anambra State (videos) / Is Abortion Right In This Instance? / Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.