Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,737 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC (10564 Views)

Cement Business In Nigeria Is A Good Business, Start Your Today / How To Start Up A Cement Business - How Profitable Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by amiskurie(m): 8:45am On Jun 11, 2013
South Africa’s PIC buys (45.8 billion naira) $289m stake in Dangote Cement

Dangote Cement Plc, the industrial company owned by Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, has sold a 1.5 percent stake to Public Investment Corporation of South Africa (PIC), a Sovereign Wealth Fund, managing pension funds.

The stake was sold at 179 naira share, valuing the deal at 45.8 billion naira ($289 million) and giving the Lagos-based company an implied market capitalization of $19.3 billion, Moscow-based Renaissance Capital said in an e-mailed statement.

The stake was sold by Dangote Industries Ltd., which owns 95 percent of the company, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Dangote Cement is Africa’s biggest producer of the building material and has production capacity of 19.3 million metric tons in Nigeria, with plans to increase that to 29 million tonnes by 2015.

It’s owned by billionaire Aliko Dangote.

The shares were traded at 210 naira yesterday in Lagos. The stock has gained 64 percent this year, out pacing the 42 percent increase in the Nigerian Stock Exchange All-Share Index.

curled from PM news.
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by amiskurie(m): 8:48am On Jun 11, 2013
could this company end up the largest company in africa?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by gluv01(f): 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
Wow! am waiting for his son to marry me cheesy
I'll wait...i must wait

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by theripper2: 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
gluv01: Wow! am waiting for his son to marry me cheesy
I'll wait...i must wait

I don't think he has a son, only daughters I heard.
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
I'll wait...i must wait

Gold Digger Alert! cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by ShobayoEmma(m): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
hmm. dstv=sa. mtn=sa. now dangote cement. well done o oluomo north
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
imagine what the small perce resulted to.
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by everystep87(f): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
Am saving money to buy 10percent soon.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by seedord247(m): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
I'll wait...i must wait

And what do you have to get his son attention?!... Your yellow eyes?
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
When is this man going to open up the sale of shares to we the young elites? Just kidding!
The more we read about Dangote, the more we should be encouraged and determined to start early and surpass what he has achieved. I believe in you if you have a dream!

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by miqos02(m): 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
ok
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by gluv01(f): 8:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
the_ripper2:

I don't think he has a son, only daughters I heard.

Gold Digger Alert! cheesy cheesy cheesy

And what do you have to get his son attention?!... Your yellow eyes?

BAd belles...I will still wait so don't waste your time trying to turn me away grin
@the bolded, i've got darling white eyes, kiss it was night when i took that pishure that's why

And to my future enemies of progress; whatever will make him pass me by, die by fire!

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by druid06(m): 8:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
I'll wait...i must wait

Not with that poor grammar and lazy attitude...hehehe smiley
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by henrimoto(m): 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
gluv01:

BAd belles...I will still wait so don't waste your time trying to turn me away grin
@the bolded, i've got darling white eyes, kiss it was night when i took that pishure that's why

And to my future enemies of progress; whatever will make him pass me by, die by fire!

baby, u must speak in tongue join am ooo. sha..ka..ka..ra. hmm.... irobo... scatter, isheki...catch...fire.. heeba! so shall it b. amem.
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by Policewoman(f): 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
I'll wait...i must wait
Hope you don't mind him marrying you as third wife.
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by Policewoman(f): 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
Who hid Yuzedo's post?? grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by miqos02(m): 8:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
everystep87: Am saving money to buy 10percent soon.
savings ke? you dont become a billionaire by saving

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by gluv01(f): 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
Policewoman: Hope you don't mind him marrying you as third wife.

Hehehehe...nne, so far money isi involved..am in cheesy
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by question(m): 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
gluv01:

Hehehehe...nne, so far money isi involved..am in cheesy
Whether Aliko Dangote has a son or not, 'you are in'.
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by symbian03(m): 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2013
I'll wait...i must wait

Of course I will marrry you and we can both live happily in my newly built banana Iceland man shun. love you xo

yours xo

Yaro Dangote

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
The only way to make an inroad into south african cement market and keep his investments protected. This man's mentality is 100 years ahead of other business men. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by gluv01(f): 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
symbian03:

Of course I will marrry you and we can both live happily in my newly built banana Iceland man shun. love you xo

yours xo

Yaro Dangote

You are yuzedo's counter part. I reject unless you got some printed papers... grin
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by Kizitoseventeen(m): 9:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
gluv01:

omo dis chik serious o..kip ur dreams big ma dear. I like dat
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by symbian03(m): 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by symbian03(m): 9:52pm On Jun 12, 2013
gluv01:

You are yuzedo's counter part. I reject unless you got some printed papers... grin

Come one darling... Yuzedo is my gateman but we both live in this man shun , I'm the real billionaire's first son and besides, I own Yaro suya and cool hotspot and I have a degree from Harvard baby let me take you around the world in my father's jet ;-)

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
miqos02: savings ke? you dont become a billionaire by saving

Yes you do. The most stingy people i have come across are wealthy men. Guy, you cant get their N50 outside a business deal...

I met a car dealer worth at least N1billion giving his girlfriend N500. The girl rejected it, yet he took back the money and he didnt increase it. E remain make the girl cry...the truth was that the man no even shame throught the episode...

I have some clients that even if i spend the whole day with them and their family, he cant even buy a drink for you... One other one dey owe me only N88,000 yet he pays N30,000 every three months after so much presure from me. He is still owing N28,000 after 10 months...

The last man, his car's brake pad worth N50,000.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
Its obvious this mallam is getting broke. He has started selling his properties when be cant avoid the huge debt on his neck. I pray he get totally broke and can't feed. Amen
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
Policewoman: Hope you don't mind him marrying you as third wife.
dangote is a serial monogamist. When he wants a new wife, he divorces his present wife.

I wonder what this man would be worth when his refinery is completed and eventually taken public.
Re: Dangote Sells 1.5% Stake Of Cement Business To South Africa's PIC by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
Kayusfity: Its obvious this mallam is getting broke. He has started selling his properties when be cant avoid the huge debt on his neck. I pray he get totally broke and can't feed. Amen
lol, stop show casing ignorance. Dangote is making money like no one else in the world even bill gates should be amazed. He went from $3bn to $13bn in one year then $13bn to $16bn to $20bn all under 5 years and dangote cement has not been listed on LSE yet, just wait for that to happen and see him add another $10bn from thin air.

I strongly believe he was arm twisted into selling before he could he allowed to get whatever he wants in south africa.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

9mobile User & Glo user : Get Paid Cash For Recharging You Line (proof included) / Invest In Waawu Advantage. / NSE Orders Stockbrokers To Stop Informing Their Clients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.