Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,468 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! (180671 Views)

Blender 3d Competition For CG Lovers / Help Please! Blender 3D Killing Me !!! / Cinema 4d Vs 3d Max Vs Blender 3d: A Novice Want Ur Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
@ Tos87 here are some screen shots from books of how its done. you can either draw them or use real life photographs of the character or person u want to model. use a program like Corel or photoshop place them together so that the features of the front and side views align. on the tab found on the right hand side of the 3d view, there is an option to load background image, which u can use to bring in ur image as a wall paper. if u can't find the tab, press N to switch it on.

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by jjk24(m): 1:03am On Dec 06, 2013
Shimish: @ Tos87 here are some screen shots from books of how its done. you can either draw them or use real life photographs of the character or person u want to model. use a program like Corel or photoshop place them together so that the features of the front and side views align. on the tab found on the right hand side of the 3d view, there is an option to load background image, which u can use to bring in ur image as a wall paper. if u can't find the tab, press N to switch it on.
my 1st attempt @ tex turing(uv unwrapping and using gimp) jst rushed tru it !! Doesn't luk gud!!.. I think I have a problem with lighting !! Wah kind of lamp do u use.. And which method will u recommend btw dis background image modelling and box modelling boss

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BlueMagnificent(m): 1:31am On Dec 06, 2013
I'm so happy to meet my fellow blender heads. I've been using blender for 3years now
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BlueMagnificent(m): 1:49am On Dec 06, 2013
A bit of fun

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BlueMagnificent(m): 1:53am On Dec 06, 2013
With the 3D model

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BlueMagnificent(m): 1:54am On Dec 06, 2013
The plain background

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BlueMagnificent(m): 1:56am On Dec 06, 2013
You'll all notice that I replace the background building with a 3d modeled building
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 5:35am On Dec 06, 2013
@Tos87 u can improve your render look by first changing the material specularity shader of your character to zero so eliminate the shine of its surface (unless u r OK with the shine) secondly u can use a point light or sun light with ray trace enabled for shadows. lastly, on the world settings enable ambient occlusion and environmental lighting ( which u can set to white or sky colour/texture)

@Bluemagnificent, nice work. did you use camera tracking for your scene?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by jjk24(m): 6:11am On Dec 06, 2013
Shimish: @Tos87 u can improve your render look by first changing the material specularity shader of your character to zero so eliminate the shine of its surface (unless u r OK with the shine) secondly u can use a point light or sun light with ray trace enabled for shadows. lastly, on the world settings enable ambient occlusion and environmental lighting ( which u can set to white or sky colour/texture)

boss thanks a lot !!,really really appreciate it(its jjk though) wink

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 6:20am On Dec 06, 2013
Lol. sorry bout that
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by BlueMagnificent(m): 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2013
@shimish, no camera tracking involved, i simply used the node compositor to add the rendered objects into the background
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
Shimish: @Tos87 u can improve your render look by first changing the material specularity shader of your character to zero so eliminate the shine of its surface (unless u r OK with the shine) secondly u can use a point light or sun light with ray trace enabled for shadows. lastly, on the world settings enable ambient occlusion and environmental lighting ( which u can set to white or sky colour/texture)

@shimish....thanks alot, i have taken note of that.....i did one animated design today,...it took like 6hrs to complete the 45layers during rendering process....thank God for the steady power. @shimish,..u know what, i started wondering how long it took you to complete that you 11mins animation cos when mine of 45layers just finished in a sec.but i am having problem saving it. that also happens each time i composite any image. i find it difficult to save even when i add the file output node i still cant find it in my save loc. do ypu have any solution to dis..i did google it but the answer i got was not satisfying.@bluemag...Nice work bluemag smiley smiley smiley
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 7:15pm On Dec 07, 2013
Shimish: @ Tos87 here are some screen shots from books of how its done. you can either draw them or use real life photographs of the character or person u want to model. use a program like Corel or photoshop place them together so that the features of the front and side views align. on the tab found on the right hand side of the 3d view, there is an option to load background image, which u can use to bring in ur image as a wall paper. if u can't find the tab, press N to switch it on.
thanks Boss this was so mush helpful. now i understand though i anticipated that.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Ignatio(m): 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2013
Just downloaded mine. This is gonna be fun.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 9:36pm On Dec 07, 2013
Tos87:
@shimish....thanks alot, i have taken note of that.....i did one animated design today,...it took like 6hrs to complete the 45layers during rendering process....thank God for the steady power. @shimish,..u know what, i started wondering how long it took you to complete that you 11mins animation cos when mine of 45layers just finished in a sec.but i am having problem saving it. that also happens each time i composite any image. i find it difficult to save even when i add the file output node i still cant find it in my save loc. do ypu have any solution to dis..i did google it but the answer i got was not satisfying.@bluemag...Nice work bluemag smiley smiley smiley
could u elaborate a little more on what u mean, cos I'm not sure I follow. what is the name of the output node u used? if it is not "composite" then u won't have any rendered output. also, what do u mean by 45layers?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
Shimish:
could u elaborate a little more on what u mean, cos I'm not sure I follow. what is the name of the output node u used? if it is not "composite" then u won't have any rendered output. also, what do u mean by 45layers?
@shimish...sorry pls, i mean the end time is 45.so how can one save a rendered animation also after compositing an image, how can it be saved? Thats giving me hel of problem...after animating i cant save it in my pc like wise when am done compositing with node. The output node is called FILE OUTPUT,i will link it with d composite node yet i wont save d image in my pc. Pls shimish...can a node editor or compositing node be used on rendered animation?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2013
@Tos87 Add a compositor node at the end of your node tree. The final composition/network should go into this final node. Now, go to render settings and under output, choose a path for the render output, select a format (there should be quite a few options, some for images eg jpeg, png... and some for videos eg H.263, AVI...). After all these settings, click render animation and let blender do its work. Check the directory you have chosen and you shall see the render output growing with each rendered frame. If you do not have constant power supply, select JPEG under video format so it will export each frame as a jpeg.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2013
By the way, nice work Blue Magnificent. Keep it up. You might want to adjust the perspective on the composited object in the scene.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2013
ladanski: @Tos87 Add a compositor node at the end of your node tree. The final composition/network should go into this final node. Now, go to render settings and under output, choose a path for the render output, select a format (there should be quite a few options, some for images eg jpeg, png... and some for videos eg H.263, AVI...). After all these settings, click render animation and let blender do its work. Check the directory you have chosen and you shall see the render output growing with each rendered frame. If you do not have constant power supply, select JPEG under video format so it will export each frame as a jpeg.
thanks Ladanski...i always leave my default compositor node,i dont touch it...are u saying i shud add another one to d tree?...do u composite before render cos i tot is the other way round.?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2013
Tos87: thanks Ladanski...i always leave my default compositor node,i dont touch it...are u saying i shud add another one to d tree?...do u composite before render cos i tot is the other way round.?
ok u said animationg....i wil try that. Thanks
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 08, 2013
Yeah, use the default compositor node. It will serve as the final output. I do composite before render, sometimes renering out passes (shadow, reflection, AO...) as seperate *.png sequences so I can easily adjust them later. Sometimes, a client will come to you after the final render and say "Please, I will pay you extra if you could change this color to so-so-and-so. In that case, all you have to do is edit the layer containing that object property.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2013
@ Tos87, as far as I'm concerned ladanski hit the nail on the head. although I won't advice jumping into nodes until u know the logic behind them just like ladanski

1 Like

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 5:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
Shimish: @ Tos87, as far as I'm concerned ladanski hit the nail on the head. although I won't advice jumping into nodes until u know the logic behind them just like ladanski

Shimish n ladanski thanks.
Shimish whatsup with that your animation you are working on.....is there a way we can view it at list know is from one of us it will serve as a moral booster. what do u think?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
Tos87:
Shimish n ladanski thanks.
Shimish whatsup with that your animation you are working on.....is there a way we can view it at list know is from one of us it will serve as a moral booster. what do u think?
I intend to eventually. just trying to sort out some logistics first.
in the mean time, here is one I did several years ago

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfoRSPLZUy0&gl=NG&hl=en&guid=&client=mv-google

3 Likes

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 6:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
i can not click on it to open.....guess you need to send it again.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 9:00pm On Dec 11, 2013
Tos87: i can not click on it to open.....guess you need to send it again.

sorry haven't quite figured out how to attach links here. in the mean time, perhaps you can copy and past the link on your browser (start copying
from the "m"wink
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2013
Shimish:

sorry haven't quite figured out how to attach links here. in the mean time, perhaps you can copy and past the link on your browser (start copying
from the "m"wink
is cool... have seen it.that must have taken lots of time.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 6:52pm On Dec 14, 2013
@shimish...my fluid simulation is always busting out of the cup is time i click bake....do yo know what might be the problem?
the fluid is always leavin the content to stay under the cup.

Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Tos87(m): 6:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
when ever i click quick effect it happens,....also when baking.also i make sure i have a new cache before baking with my work saved too.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by otosa(m): 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
Thought, I don't know much about Blender but just stared training on Autodesk maya and maya seen very complicated software. Thus, I want to know the difference btw them and which one is easier to use?
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
The differences are numerous. Allow me to list some

Maya costs alot while blender is free (unless you use pirated software)

Maya is heavy (almost or even more than 1GB) while blender is still less than 100MB.

Maya has fewer "free" tutorials online because of the price while blender tutorials can be made on-demand when requests are made to professionals like Andrew Price.
Re: 3D ENTHUSIAST ZONE: Blender 3d For The Novice Of The Highest Order! by Shimish: 8:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
Tos87: when ever i click quick effect it happens,....also when baking.also i make sure i have a new cache before baking with my work saved too.
I prefer not using quick effects. I rather use the main fluid simulator. make ur default cube the domain, make an icosphere your fluid and make the cup an obstacle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Notice To All Nairaland Graphics Section Members(must READ) / Download Picmix On Nokia / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.