Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Fire Razes 150 Shops At Trinity Spare Parts Market In Olodi Apapa Area Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Razes 150 Shops At Trinity Spare Parts Market In Olodi Apapa Area Of Lagos (729 Views)

Hameed Ibrahim-Ali And His Entourage Visit Apapa Area Command (Photos) / Fire Razes Governor Dickson’s House In Yenagoa / Peter Obi Shops At A Local Market ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Razes 150 Shops At Trinity Spare Parts Market In Olodi Apapa Area Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 11, 2013
Lagos - No fewer than 150 shops and goods worth millions of Naira were Sunday razed by fire at the Trinity spare parts market in Olodi Apapa area of Lagos State.

Vanguard gathered that the fire which started around 3:24 p.m., might have been caused by an electrical power surge in one of the shops on 'B' line of the plaza.

Eyewitnesses who spoke to Vanguard confirmed that at first a thick smoke was spotted bellowing from one shop in 'B' line as Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, restored power in the afternoon before finally degenerating into an inferno that engulfed the entire Speed Well Plaza.

The plaza is said to house over 200 shops dealing on motor spare parts. An eyewitness and a resident in the area who identified himself as Amechi, told Vanguard that "this whole incident started when PHCN restored power here around 1.00p.m.

Not long after that, I saw a thick smoke coming from one of the shops on B line but I didn't know the fire was going to be this big and spread to other parts of the plaza. Now the destruction is wanton."

Meanwhile, some of the affected traders who could talk to Vanguard, expressed shock at the sudden inferno, lamenting that with the level of destruction, it would only take quick government intervention to help them get back to business again.

For instance, one of the affected traders, Mr. Izuchukwu Agwu, lamented: "I am finished. As you are seeing me here, I have lost everything I have to this fire incident.

"Unless something is done, I am heading back to the village and you know what it means – suicide. I sleep in my shop and I have no other business here."

"I was lucky not to have been in there when the fire started; who knows, I might have got burnt. Now, what else do I have, I am heading back to the village tonight." .

Meanwhile, policemen from Trinity Police Station were seen around the plaza providing security, while fire fighters from the Lagos State fire Service and those from Julius Berger Plc were struggling to put the fire out.

However, Director of the Lagos State Fire Service, Mr. Rasak Fadipe, saidthe fire which occurred at 3:24 p.m. was fuelled by the inflammables materials stored in the over 95 shops in the complex.
Re: Fire Razes 150 Shops At Trinity Spare Parts Market In Olodi Apapa Area Of Lagos by Garrithe1st: 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
jaeik007:
For instance, one of the affected traders, Mr. Izuchukwu Agwu, lamented: "I am finished. As you are seeing me here, I have lost everything I have to this fire incident.

"Unless something is done, I am heading back to the village and you know what it means – suicide. I sleep in my shop and I have no other business here."

"I was lucky not to have been in there when the fire started; who knows, I might have got burnt. Now, what else do I have, I am heading back to the village tonight." .

Sorry for you loss!!!

I agree, you may have to go back to the village, but try to get help from your kinsmen in Lagos. If they can't help you, go back. That's better than engaging in criminal activities out of frustration.

jaeik007: However, Director of the Lagos State Fire Service, Mr. Rasak Fadipe, saidthe fire which occurred at 3:24 p.m. was fuelled by the inflammables materials stored in the over 95 shops in the complex.

I hope they learn their lessons...
Re: Fire Razes 150 Shops At Trinity Spare Parts Market In Olodi Apapa Area Of Lagos by IGBOSON1: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Sorry for you loss!!!

I agree, you may have to go back to the village, but try to get help from your kinsmen in Lagos. If they can't help you, go back. That's better than engaging in criminal activities out of frustration.

^^^You're a first grade undiluted bastard! A hateful bigot of your kind is always quick to turn every post into a rant against the people you so despise. Where in the article did the guy say he's going to engage in criminal activity?; or you feel he may do so b'cos he's Igbo?

You claim you're not Yoruba, so why are you excited over the fact he says he may leave Lagos, and why are you egging him on to leave?

What lessons are you talking of that need to be learnt?; a guy was engaging in legitimate business......his business got razed by fire and you imply that it serves him right and that he should learn his lesson from this!......is the lesson that as an Igbo man he should leave Lagos and go to the South East?

Pathetic scum!

1 Like

Re: Fire Razes 150 Shops At Trinity Spare Parts Market In Olodi Apapa Area Of Lagos by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Sorry for you loss!!!

you see your life?

(1) (Reply)

FG Delivers Gombe 12.6billion Road Projects / How The Governor And His Men Rule Lagos – RAJI FASHOLA UNSCRIPTED (1) / Rivers Crisis:: ACN Calls For Jonathan's Impeachement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.