Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread - Phones (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (243040 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by vicope: 2:15am On Jul 16, 2013
Kizyte: I got one Tecno N9 Phantom Tab and it's really nice. I swear, you're not gonna regret purchasing one. Battery lasts longer than I expected. Good functionality. Amazing when it comes to gaming. Comes with a pouch.
Thank God it's affordable & available too. I give it 5 Stars!
Heard it comes with 16gb internal space and an extra 16gb SD card. How true is this?
Also, from your experience, do you think the screen is scratch resistant? (This is the answer I'm waiting for before I purchase mine). In all their specification list,, they didn't mention anything like anti-scratch screen. I don't want to buy a device with a screen that will look terrible in few months to come!
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by vicope: 2:23am On Jul 16, 2013
Jraph: yea it is.
Pls were you referring to my question about anti-scratch screen?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Lagusta(m): 5:02am On Jul 16, 2013
vicope:
Heard it comes with 16gb internal space and an extra 16gb SD card. How true is this?
Also, from your experience, do you think the screen is scratch resistant? (This is the answer I'm waiting for before I purchase mine). In all their specification list,, they didn't mention anything like anti-scratch screen. I don't want to buy a device with a screen that will look terrible in few months to come!

boss, if u want to buy a tab with gorilla glass, buy an iPad 3 or 4
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by davdandam(m): 6:05am On Jul 16, 2013
Ma problem wit nigerians is that until we re played we don't believe its quality...samsung and apple come out wit a new product,start sellin for around 200k after 6 months same product is around 70k lol like seriously(eyes rollin) wat changed the materials involved?and I know people that'll still tell u the one they got @ 200k is beta than the new ones being produced who's foolin who...now a company comes up and start sellin @ wat I call pump price u start hatin on em...an average nigerian used to look @ polyphonic and damera phones like gadgets for Gods till china intervened now android is bein chinaLISED lol who cares if it spoils in two weeks everyone now has a feel of it and u can go ahead and buy blackberry porsche(who remembers that phone lol)nigeria chai

4 Likes

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Onosy: 8:34am On Jul 16, 2013
davdandam: Ma problem wit nigerians is that until we re played we don't believe its quality...samsung and apple come out wit a new product,start sellin for around 200k after 6 months same product is around 70k [/b]lol like seriously(eyes rollin) wat changed the materials involved?an[b]d I know people that'll still tell u the one they got @ 200k is beta than the new ones being produced who's foolin who...now a company comes up and start sellin @ wat I call pump price u start hatin on em...an average nigerian used to look @ polyphonic and damera phones like gadgets for Gods till china intervened now android is bein chinaLISED lol who cares if it spoils in two weeks everyone now has a feel of it and u can go ahead and buy blackberry porsche(who remembers that phone lol)nigeria chai

People Fail to see these things...The believe the expensive ones the bought earlier is better than the same device that sells cheaper...Wrong mentality.....

I dey feel u Bros....Apple, Samsung etc are playing on people's intelligent to rip them of their hard earn money...(Not all cash are hard earn though)

TECNO has come to stay....no matter what these haters say or do....

TECNO 4 Life!!!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by panaroma: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2013
vicope:

Bro, I also want to get one this week. However, I will like to know if the screen is scratch resistant, that's the only fear I'm having.

Also, any one with a good video review of the techno phantom N9 pad should please help me with the link. Thanks!

bro, thats why there is a screen guard wink
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by akinlolusewanu9(m): 9:04am On Jul 16, 2013
Who releases devices more? Tecno or Samsung? Tecno is really trying hard to meet Samsung.

The N9 tecno Pad isn't bad. Maybe after using for a while i will have something more to say. However check the Tecno Tab vs Galaxy Tab comparison here http://phonegist..com/2013/07/tecno-phantom-n9-pad-versus-samsung.html
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 16, 2013
akinlolusewanu9: Who releases devices more? Tecno or Samsung? Tecno is really trying hard to meet Samsung.

The N9 tecno Pad isn't bad. Maybe after using for a while i will have something more to say. However check the Tecno Tab vs Galaxy Tab comparison here http://phonegist..com/2013/07/tecno-phantom-n9-pad-versus-samsung.html

in your comparism, you said none of the devices have fm radio? Tecno N9 actually has recordable fm radio

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by vicope: 10:01am On Jul 16, 2013
Lagusta:
boss, if u want to buy a tab with gorilla glass, buy an iPad 3 or 4

Thanks for your response bro, but the thing is I don't have enough resources at the moment to purchase an IPad 3 or 4. Its about four times the price of Tecno N9.sad
I'll rather buy screen guard as advised. Thanks!

panaroma:

Thanks brother, that's what I'll do! Get the tecno N9 and get a screen guard. The price of the tecno N9 is too irresistible than for me to ignore it cos it doesn't have chimpanzee gorilla glass.
A pad with 5MP rear and 2MP front camera, a better resolution than samsung galaxy tab 2, an internal memory of 16gb and sd card of 16gb (32gb in all), recordable fm radio shocked, 3G for faster internet access, a larger screen than samsung galaxy tab 2, 1 GB RAM, 1.2GHz quad core processor, the latest android jelly OS, an excellent gaming speed and graphics, with a pouch coming with it on purchase. Haba, what more could I ask for at a price of N35,000? All I have to buy is just screen guard abi? Shouldn't cost more than a N1,000!
Purchasing a bluetooth earpiece for receiving calls with the N9 pad isn't also a bad idea totally!

Techno should consider the scratch-resistant technology in subsequent releases of other pads. I'm subscribing to Tecno till further notice!

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by hobat4cash(m): 11:37am On Jul 16, 2013
davdandam: As am typin this my tecno n9 is downloadin the 10th movie from movies mobile and i mean complete movie thats like 150 to 200 mb each lol.ba3 is still @ 40 percent and av done every crazy thing possible on a tablet.facebook,whatsapp,instagram,twitter, anythin mention it lol.its not even warm talk less of hot.speed didnt slow down @ all i dont think i wanna care bout gpu and chipset right now tecno tried on this men and yeah it has face unlock
pls hw do i activate the face unlock app.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by davdandam(m): 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2013
[quote author=hobat4cash]
pls hw do i activate the face unlock app.[/quote
Security settings,screen unlock,selct face unlock
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by davdandam(m): 12:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
Wait a min how true is this 16gig memory card I didn't see in mine o...is it true lemme go and fight the guy lolz
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Elsafema: 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
panaroma:

please whice one is screen guard how does it look like and how does it work.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Jraph(m): 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
can this n9 do everything f7 can do? I mean can someone use it just like phone?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Jraph(m): 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
please advice me on which one to buy i like both n9 and f7 but i dont know if the n9 tab can do all the things someone can do with a phoe apart from putting it in pocket
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by LordReed(m): 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
Jraph: can this n9 do everything f7 can do? I mean can someone use it just like phone?

Yes it has phone call capabilities but it is not a 'phone'.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Elsafema: 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
Jraph: can this n9 do everything f7 can do? I mean can someone use it just like phone?
it can do better than f7 but cant be put in ur pket like f7

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Jraph(m): 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
Elsafema: please whice one is screen guard how does it look like and how does it work.
its a thick nylon just like the type people put on blackberry screen
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by konkocious(m): 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
it doesn't come with memory card bcuz I got one for a client yesterday from slot and its only came with porch ...but to say the fact N9 is cool, I intended getting F7 but I changed my mind
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Jraph(m): 1:16pm On Jul 16, 2013
konkocious: it doesn't come with memory card bcuz I got one for a client yesterday from slot and its only came with porch ...but to say the fact N9 is cool, I intended getting F7 but I changed my mind
so tempting
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Jraph(m): 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
Elsafema: it can do better than f7 but cant be put in ur pket like f7
still dont know which one to buy i dont know it tecno is still gonna do 5" with sliding
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Elsafema: 1:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
Jraph: its a thick nylon just like the type people put on blackberry screen
ok thanks
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Jraph(m): 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
okay.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Lagusta(m): 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
Abeg who go loan me money make I buy this tablet nah......
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Desloaaa(f): 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2013
At this juction,i must confess am falling in love with techno N9...
Just 1 question.What data plan is best on this device??.i'd prefer a BIS subscription and not the mb plan,cos that is the only reason have not enjoyed my iphone 4.
By the way.iphone for sale...i wouldnt mind any1 paying same price as N9. This phone is boring walahi!
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by physise(m): 4:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
Desloaaa: At this juction,i must confess am falling in love with techno N9...
Just 1 question.What data plan is best on this device??.i'd prefer a BIS subscription and not the mb plan,cos that is the only reason have not enjoyed my iphone 4.
By the way.iphone for sale...i wouldnt mind any1 paying same price as N9. This phone is boring walahi!
mtn bis
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by mhozzis(m): 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
my own does not browse again after about 2gig

1 Like

Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by wyls0n: 5:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
davdandam: Wait a min how true is this 16gig memory card I didn't see in mine o...is it true lemme go and fight the guy lolz
its not a memory card, but an inbiult memory space.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by wyls0n: 5:57pm On Jul 16, 2013
vicope:

Thanks for your response bro, but the thing is I don't have enough resources at the moment to purchase an IPad 3 or 4. Its about four times the price of Tecno N9.sad
I'll rather buy screen guard as advised. Thanks!

Thanks brother, that's what I'll do! Get the tecno N9 and get a screen guard. The price of the tecno N9 is too irresistible than for me to ignore it cos it doesn't have chimpanzee gorilla glass.
A pad with 5MP rear and 2MP front camera, a better resolution than samsung galaxy tab 2, an internal memory of 16gb and sd card of 16gb (32gb in all), recordable fm radio shocked, 3G for faster internet access, a larger screen than samsung galaxy tab 2, 1 GB RAM, 1.2GHz quad core processor, the latest android jelly OS, an excellent gaming speed and graphics, with a pouch coming with it on purchase. Haba, what more could I ask for at a price of N35,000? All I have to buy is just screen guard abi? Shouldn't cost more than a N1,000!
Purchasing a bluetooth earpiece for receiving calls with the N9 pad isn't also a bad idea totally!

Techno should consider the scratch-resistant technology in subsequent releases of other pads. I'm subscribing to Tecno till further notice!

what i'd lyk 2 knw is if the screen guard affects its functionality. seeing as its a capacitative touch screen, and so needs to interract with animate parts to work
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by LordReed(m): 8:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
wyls0n:

what i'd lyk 2 knw is if the screen guard affects its functionality. seeing as its a capacitative touch screen, and so needs to interract with animate parts to work

It doesn't affect performance.
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Fogman(m): 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
konkocious: it doesn't come with memory card bcuz I got one for a client yesterday from slot and its only came with porch ...but to say the fact N9 is cool, I intended getting F7 but I changed my mind

How much did you buy from Slot?
Re: Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread by Jaydee009: 11:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
mine didn't come with a pouch, what do I do? return it? cos I could not get n9 pouch to buy. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (66) (Reply)

How To Download Nigerian Nollywood Movies To Phone / Pc For Free / The Nokia Thread: 1.4 , 4.2, 5.1 Plus, 5.3, 6.1 Plus, 7.1, 7.2, 7 Plus , 8.3 etc / Infinix Hot 3 (X554) Official Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.