Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,359 members, 7,954,466 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:36 PM

One Piece (anime/manga) - TV/Movies (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / One Piece (anime/manga) (174345 Views)

Kingdom Anime/manga. / Most Powerful Anime Or Manga Character Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (71) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
A LITTLE NEWS FOR ALL....
One Piece began its serialization in shonen jump on the 19th of July 1997. Today being 19th July 2015 marks its 18TH ANNIVERSARY. Look how far it has come.... 702 Episodes, 794 Chapters.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY OP.

2 Likes

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2015
EcoBlitz:

Frist off, doffy aint dead. Secondly, why would lola leave her mother and go meet gecko a low-end pirate and join up with him?

EcoBlitz huh. Familiar name.

Btw, Lola didn't leave her mum to join Moria. She went to explore the seas and got captured on Thriller Bark.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by decepticos(m): 10:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
PRINCEZUKO1:
A LITTLE NEWS FOR ALL....
One Piece began its serialization in shonen jump on the 19th of July 1997. Today being 19th July 2015 marks its 18TH ANNIVERSARY. Look how far it has come.... 702 Episodes, 794 Chapters. so Oda has been at this for over 18 years, makes one wonder if he'll be the one to end it
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY OP.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by EcoBlitz(m): 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
PRINCEZUKO1:

EcoBlitz huh. Familiar name.

Btw, Lola didn't leave her mum to join Moria. She went to explore the seas and got captured on Thriller Bark.

Oh f**k ZUKO is that you? How you been nigga?
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
EcoBlitz:

Oh f**k ZUKO is that you? How you been nigga?

Lol, its me alright. cool I'm flaming.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by EcoBlitz(m): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
This OP thread is dead tho @PRINCEZUKO
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 6:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
EcoBlitz:
This OP thread is dead tho @PRINCEZUKO

Lol. Y do u say so. At least I still see some of the recent events updates. Or is there another active OP thread? I just wanna keep up with other Nigerian OP fans tho.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by kraftykc(m): 10:33am On Jul 25, 2015
This thread suffers because of the traffic lack and the fact that all you can do about OP is speculate, unlike other animes riddled with plotholes ripe for discussion. OP and HxH are blessed with storylines that are sensible and very coherent so there's no room to keep shouting about this or that, also because power levels are mostly well defined we cannot speculate that Zorro will suddenly beat Fujitora because "he put his heart into the fight"....

Leave that to Naruto, it rode the train of inconsistencies amid awesome fights to the top. But it won't stay there for long.

2 Likes

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 12:25pm On Jul 25, 2015
kraftykc:
This thread suffers because of the traffic lack and the fact that all you can do about OP is speculate, unlike other animes riddled with plotholes ripe for discussion. OP and HxH are blessed with storylines that are sensible and very coherent so there's no room to keep shouting about this or that, also because power levels are mostly well defined we cannot speculate that Zorro will suddenly beat Fujitora because "he put his heart into the fight"....

Leave that to Naruto, it rode the train of inconsistencies amid awesome fights to the top. But it won't stay there for long.

lol, yeah. and also OP discussions are more fun after a chapter is released and how it relates to other chapters and predictions of the next move from it. After that, it'll kind of die down till the next. But Naruto days, few weeks after a chapter is released, fans wont still be able to understand how stuff happened leading to stupid talks and nonsense arguements that often end in e-fightings...lol.

2 Likes

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by EcoBlitz(m): 6:34pm On Jul 25, 2015
kraftykc:

Yeah, naruto was good, up to a point.

But what i do wonder is why people would even dare to put marco on doffy's level.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Ultimatesammie(m): 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2015
kraftykc:

Power levels are mostly well defined ure kidding right.
Some of d peeps d Mugiwaras fought were more powerful dan dem nd dey wud usually win by d so called will power all d time.
I mean look at lucci vs luffy, luffy was badly badly injured by lucci nd becos usopp came and said stand up he too stood up, d fight between kaku nd zorro, Kaku had a lot of attacks which shud hv seemed far more painful nd more dangerous buh dey seemed insignificant as compared to d less attacks zorro had.
Dont even get me started on d high survival rate d characters tend to hv, I hv noticed dat so many characters in d anime if dey have some sort of ties with d Mugiwaras dey always almost survive even if d whole world crumbles on dem and annoying part is d nxt minute dey act as if nothing happened.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 11:52pm On Jul 25, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

Power levels are mostly well defined ure kidding right.
Some of d peeps d Mugiwaras fought were more powerful dan dem nd dey wud usually win by d so called will power all d time.
I mean look at lucci vs luffy, luffy was badly badly injured by lucci nd becos usopp came and said stand up he too stood up, d fight between kaku nd zorro, Kaku had a lot of attacks which shud hv seemed far more painful nd more dangerous buh dey seemed insignificant as compared to d less attacks zorro had.
Dont even get me started on d high survival rate d characters tend to hv, I hv noticed dat so many characters in d anime if dey have some sort of ties with d Mugiwaras dey always almost survive even if d whole world crumbles on dem and annoying part is d nxt minute dey act as if nothing happened.

Willpower and luck are present in many typical shonen so its not a problem really. Besides, the only fight Luffy actually won with willpower is against Crocodile. Enel, he had a df advantage that put him up, Luffy and Lucci were evenly matched, Lucci was also badly wounded and was barely standing there. Usopp gave Luffy the push he needed to finish him off and he too was at his limits and couldn't move after that move. Zoro obviously had an upperhand agaist Kaku, he was just majorly defending throughout and seemed to be taking the hits. He was putting up with Kaku and Jyabura even with a handicap. So finishing off Kaku when he got serious is ideal...its only his fight with Daz Bones that he won with willpower. As for the survival rate, its not only about the straw hats and allies, even other strong enemies always survives....and they don't act as if nothing happened just like you said. The effects of it still shows on them sometimes even after treatments.

And I believe too that the power levels are well defined. The power gaps between people meant to be equals arent that much. And you can easily know where someone's power levels may lie after his 1st display.

2 Likes

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 11:57pm On Jul 25, 2015
EcoBlitz:

But what i do wonder is why people would even dare to put marco on doffy's level.

So what's your point? are you saying Marco>Doffy or Doffy>Marco? Because I personally think Marco can beat Doffy.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by UchihaItachi(m): 12:43am On Jul 26, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

Speaking about high survival rate, I hope Bon-chan survived the poison bath he got from Magellan after helping Mugi-chan in his prison break..he's too fun to be locked away in prison, I wouldn't complain if Oda uses plot plot power to bring him back

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Ultimatesammie(m): 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2015
PRINCEZUKO1:

Willpower and luck are present in many typical shonen so its not a problem really. Besides, the only fight Luffy actually won with willpower is against Crocodile. Enel, he had a df advantage that put him up, Luffy and Lucci were evenly matched, Lucci was also badly wounded and was barely standing there. Usopp gave Luffy the push he needed to finish him off and he too was at his limits and couldn't move after that move. Zoro obviously had an upperhand agaist Kaku, he was just majorly defending throughout and seemed to be taking the hits. He was putting up with Kaku and Jyabura even with a handicap. So finishing off Kaku when he got serious is ideal...its only his fight with Daz Bones that he won with willpower. As for the survival rate, its not only about the straw hats and allies, even other strong enemies always survives....and they don't act as if nothing happened just like you said. The effects of it still shows on them sometimes even after treatments.

And I believe too that the power levels are well defined. The power gaps between people meant to be equals arent that much. And you can easily know where someone's power levels may lie after his 1st display.
True Willpower is much in many shonen buh its usage in OP is too much, lucci may have been injured but d injuries he gv luffy were disatrous u cant just will urself out of everything, its just like kimco in d other thread said its mainly abt willpower, as 4 zoro defending didnt mean he didn't acquire much damage to himself infact kaku's attack were occuring simultaneously he cudnt stop dem all buh eventually zorro won. The willpower thing is too much, take a look at hxh d gon vs pitou gon forcibly sacrificing nearly all his aura to defeat a powerful enemy which put him in a devastating mode dat required great work to get him back he didn't just will himself to win or will himself out of d sickbed,also naruto wen he was stabbed by pain nd was pinned down he didn't just will himself to stand up d rage brought by hinata's almost demise brought d beast out if it was luffy in any of these situations im sure all it wud take is 4 some1 to say luffy u can do it nd dat he wud use will power Shekinah.
People said he was able to defeat doffy becos of wat law did to him im pretty sure if dat was also done to luffy he wud still will himself to win d fight,Imagine doffy dat can cut buildings trees, control lots of people with his strings cudnt even do dat to luffy unbelievable. To me he has just be hyped just like ichigo in bleach.

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Ultimatesammie(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
UchihaItachi:

Speaking about high survival rate, I hope Bon-chan survived the poison bath he got from Magellan after helping Mugi-chan in his prison break..he's too fun to be locked away in prison, I wouldn't complain if Oda uses plot plot power to bring him back
Actually we are meant to believe he survived (dis one too I no understand how he survive oo) according to d cover page of one of d chapters (which sometimes give info on d manga) although im pretty biased to dis one cause among d major people dat died or believed to hv died in d impel down/war of marinefold arc its bon chan I really wanted to hv survived.
Talking of characters in those arcs I wish dey bring back ivankov we need his/her comedy. (whether she be man or woman I no know.)
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 11:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

True Willpower is much in many shonen buh its usage in OP is too much, lucci may have been injured but d injuries he gv luffy were disatrous u cant just will urself out of everything, its just like kimco in d other thread said its mainly abt willpower, as 4 zoro defending didnt mean he didn't acquire much damage to himself infact kaku's attack were occuring simultaneously he cudnt stop dem all buh eventually zorro won. The willpower thing is too much, take a look at hxh d gon vs pitou gon forcibly sacrificing nearly all his aura to defeat a powerful enemy which put him in a devastating mode dat required great work to get him back he didn't just will himself to win or will himself out of d sickbed,also naruto wen he was stabbed by pain nd was pinned down he didn't just will himself to stand up d rage brought by hinata's almost demise brought d beast out if it was luffy in any of these situations im sure all it wud take is 4 some1 to say luffy u can do it nd dat he wud use will power Shekinah.
People said he was able to defeat doffy becos of wat law did to him im pretty sure if dat was also done to luffy he wud still will himself to win d fight,Imagine doffy dat can cut buildings trees, control lots of people with his strings cudnt even do dat to luffy unbelievable. To me he has just be hyped just like ichigo in bleach.

Willpower is too much Are you just looking for a complaint, cos as I said, Crocodile was the only 1 we saw willpower pulling him throughout. As for Lucci, with the examples you just gave, of Naruto and Hinata, you forgot that apart from Usopp talking, Lucci threatened to kill off all his men and Robin they went to save which Luffy absolutely didn't want. Besides, Naruto had a lot of speech alone hyping moments especially in this war arc. And that Zoro was letting Kaku attack and injure him doesnt mean Kaku was stronger than him. He was defending almost throughout till Kaku started insulting. Doffy cutting non living things and mere peasants or people whose haki were too weak doesnt mean he should be able to control Luffy who has stayed with Rayleigh just training on haki and his attacks, Doffy lost because of overconfidence, Luffy and Law were flies he should've squashed but he let them come at him and they won especially due to allies. And don't forget Luffy is rubber, which can take damages and still be very well active.

2 Likes

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by UchihaItachi(m): 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

Actually we are meant to believe he survived (dis one too I no understand how he survive oo) according to d cover page of one of d chapters (which sometimes give info on d manga) although im pretty biased to dis one cause among d major people dat died or believed to hv died in d impel down/war of marinefold arc its bon chan I really wanted to hv survived.
Talking of characters in those arcs I wish dey bring back ivankov we need his/her comedy. (whether she be man or woman I no know.)

Ivankov and Inazuma are just two confused people that don't know if they wanna be male or female...and to think Sanji was having a nosebleed over Ivankov grin
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by EcoBlitz(m): 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
Ultimatesammie:

True Willpower is much in many shonen buh its usage in OP is too much

Nope, it's actually in op that it's the least.

Ultimatesammie:
lucci may have been injured but d injuries he gv luffy were disatrous u cant just will urself out of everything, its just like kimco in d other thread said its mainly abt willpower

You do know that if lucci had given him 1 more serious attack, luffy would have died right? There battle was basically and endurance battle, who could last to the end. Luffy won by a hair's breath, and that was it.

Ultimatesammie:
as 4 zoro defending didn't mean he didn't acquire much damage to himself in-fact kaku's attack were occurring simultaneously he couldn't stop them all but eventually zorro won.

Zoro didn't acquire much damage because he was still up and running quite well after his battle with kaku, i think why you are saying zoro lolwilled himself to win is because kaku had more swords and because he was more powerful in their previous encounter. Zoro had that fight in the bag with asura and other techniques.

Ultimatesammie:
The willpower thing is too much, take a look at hxh d gon vs pitou gon forcibly sacrificing nearly all his aura to defeat a powerful enemy which put him in a devastating mode dat required great work to get him back he didn't just will himself to win or will himself out of d sickbed

Lol gon got a bs power up and completely fodderized pitou, it wasn't even funny anymore after the 2nd attack he gave him/her(pitou), and they literally lolwilled gon back to perfect shape.

Ultimatesammie:
also naruto wen he was stabbed by pain nd was pinned down he didn't just will himself to stand up d rage brought by hinata's almost demise brought d beast out

This is a great example of lol bs power-up, the only one surpassing this is orihime bringing ichigo back to life, far more powerful than he originally was by crying. You don't see this in op.

Ultimatesammie:
if it was luffy in any of these situations im sure all it wud take is 4 some1 to say luffy u can do it nd dat he wud use will power Shekinah.
Lol, have you seen marine fold arc? That is the perfect example to counter your argument, literally every pirate there was supporting luffy, and were saying "luffy you can do it", "go on luffy!" But no! Luffy got fodderized by everybody he faced, even after getting a boost from ivanok, so no bs power-up don't happen in op.

Ultimatesammie:
People said he was able to defeat doffy because of what law did to him, i'm pretty sure if dat was also done to luffy he wud still will himself to win d fight,

Lol, no! The only reason doffy was even able to tank everything luffy threw at him in gear 4th after law's gamma burst was because of his df ability. He sewed his organs back together after they were destroyed. That move would Bleep anybody up, it's not an external attack, it's internal. Also note that doffy wasn't at 100% when he fought luffy, his bird cage was draining his stamina as he was fighting, and law's gamma burst really messed him up.

Ultimatesammie:
Imagine doffy dat can cut buildings
Irrelivant. Building leve was surpassed by first 5 chapters luffy.

Ultimatesammie:
trees
Also irrelivant, as any character worth shit now can at least take out/destroy a mountain.

Ultimatesammie:
control lots of people with his strings cudnt even do dat to luffy unbelievable.

Ever heard of haki? You know that think in op that lets you counter a df ability to an extent, and since luffy used Busoshoku Haki: Kanzen Koka (Colour of armaments: Complete Hardening) here is what that does.

Description: An Extension of Busoshoku: Koka, this is a technique in which the user hardens their entire body. Just as with its parent technique, this turns the user’s body a jet-black colour, and grants them the same benefits.
Strengths:
- Greatly increases the user’s strength
- Greatly increases the user’s durability
- Provides a reliable way to damage Devil fruit users.

The right amount of Strength(physical strength) helps you break free of doffy control, added to the fact that doffy didn't bother using that ability on him, your argument is redundant.

Ultimatesammie:
To me he has just be hyped just like ichigo in bleach.

Ichigo has way more hype and bs compared to luffy, ichigo is every single species in the manga and took on a captain without even a bankai. The dude went from getting stomped by ulquiorra to effortlessly stomping ulquiorra how? by coming back to life after being killed because a girl cried. Luffy was helpless against kuma when he was casually sending his team-mates away. He(luffy) got mad and attacked, but just got fodderized instead, and you want to say op and bleach have the same level of bs? Nigga! GTFO. Op is a manga in the hst that has the least amount of bs.

@PrinceZuko, Doffy would beat marco but it would be a bit difficult.

4 Likes

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2015
^^^^^^^ @EcoBlitz ... wow!!!

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by Frankloon(m): 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2015
You WIN!! @EcoBlitz
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by EcoBlitz(m): 12:28pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hehehehe, i just hate it when ppl spout bs.

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by ctuagent007: 1:20pm On Jul 28, 2015
@ecoblitz & princezuko

AWe still dey ground yakata for this thread & like @kraktkyc said, OP is not a BS manga like Naruto or Bleach with some many plotholes & @ultimate, [B]Have you gone on to find out why OP is still the highest selling manga of all time, that is cos the fans that follow it from Japan, China, Asia, Australia, Europe, Africa, America & the Americas respect not only it's storyline & plot like @princezuko told @firestar in Naruto thread, but that the power levels are ranked very well.
Inspite of Doffy's defeat to Luffy, Luffy still knows that he still has a long way to go (even against Doffy).....you cannot expect a Zoro to challenge a Fujitora at this time of the stage cos he has will power NO.
Luffy at Marineford was dead all through the war but watch closely, that he was saved countless of time even with his "HAKI/Will-Power", he was basically "helpless" just like the 3 Admirals told him.....& please OP is not a "talk-ko-jutsu" manga where you talk your way to win

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by PRINCEZUKO1(m): 3:41pm On Jul 28, 2015
ctuagent007:
@ecoblitz & princezuko

AWe still dey ground yakata for this thread & like @kraktkyc said, OP is not a BS manga like Naruto or Bleach with some many plotholes & @ultimate, [B]Have you gone on to find out why OP is still the highest selling manga of all time, that is cos the fans that follow it from Japan, China, Asia, Australia, Europe, Africa, America & the Americas respect not only it's storyline & plot like @princezuko told @firestar in Naruto thread, but that the power levels are ranked very well.
Inspite of Doffy's defeat to Luffy, Luffy still knows that he still has a long way to go (even against Doffy).....you cannot expect a Zoro to challenge a Fujitora at this time of the stage cos he has will power NO.
Luffy at Marineford was dead all through the war but watch closely, that he was saved countless of time even with his "HAKI/Will-Power", he was basically "helpless" just like the 3 Admirals told him.....& please OP is not a "talk-ko-jutsu" manga where you talk your way to win

lol, yeah, the difference is clear. Naruto trained sage mode for 5days and beat up Pain...you know, we're talking of PAIN. Even if I consider it the most awesome fight, that was still 1 hella plot no jutsu which Kishi pulled.
Luffy went to train for 2 years and still couldn't take on Doffy alone.

2 Likes

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by ctuagent007: 2:01am On Jul 30, 2015
Has anybody read the "Spoilers for 795" on Orojackson
It's was a little funny dialouge btw Fuji & Maynard.....

PRINCEZUKO1:

lol, yeah, the difference is clear. Naruto trained sage mode for 5days and beat up Pain...you know, we're talking of PAIN.

So so funny that a pro like Jiraiya & Minato were Sagemode FAILURES......well the manga title says "Naruto" so Kishi had to do something sha

PRINCEZUKO1:

Even if I consider it the most awesome fight, that was still 1 hella plot no jutsu which Kishi pulled.

Nice fight but truth be told, it was a poorly done fight (everybody knows that except for sycophants) although Kishi did well but....
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by gudluckgreat(m): 7:18am On Jul 30, 2015
EcoBlitz:

U here too.?? cool shocked
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by ctuagent007: 9:21am On Jul 30, 2015
K........Y...........D..........O.........King Kong

Oda is more than this US Beast.....looooool

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by kraftykc(m): 12:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
What do u guys expect me to say after this chapter cry cry

Oda has DO IT AGAIN!

There I was lost as to why and how the heck the story was going the way it was till my saviour fell from the skies... Literally.

*whispering* Kaido is heeeeeereeee, Kaido is heeeeeereeee....

I felt the chills of the Kid Alliance, thinking they were badass enough to face Shanks... Now they face the guy he beat. Should be an easier match than their initial target grin angry grin grin grin

Chapter rating: 8.8/10

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by jamilkb(m): 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2015
smiley Kaidou appears shocked shocked
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by EcoBlitz(m): 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
gudluckgreat:

U here too.?? cool shocked

Whhhhaaaaaaaaaatttttttttssssssss up? How you doing? Yeah i am, i joined not to long ago.
Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by SageNaruto(m): 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2015
jamilkb:
smiley Kaidou appears shocked shocked
awesome chapter cheesy... seeing as kaidou has appeared (dude is huge damn!!!!) grin
but d chapter lukd kinda jumbled up during sanji n co's part tho... :/

who read d naruto special chapter?!

1 Like

Re: One Piece (anime/manga) by EcoBlitz(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
PRINCEZUKO1:

lol, yeah, the difference is clear. Naruto trained sage mode for 5days and beat up Pain...you know, we're talking of PAIN. Even if I consider it the most awesome fight, that was still 1 hella plot no jutsu which Kishi pulled.

Doffy will take out pain....just saying...

Anybody else notice how zoro is just fodderizing everybody he faces post-timeskip?

The dude ended city level pika the second he got serious....mihawk must have taught him well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (71) (Reply)

Top 20 Strongest Naruto Characters. Do You Agree With The List? / Gulder Ultimate Search 11 Thread / Titanic-1912 Original Footage,photo Of D Real Jack Dawson+a Shocking Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.