Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) (13110 Views)

Download Video: D Banj – Dont Tell Me Nonsense / D'banj - Don't Tell Me Nonsense / Download Don't Tell Me Nonsense By D'banj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by chreldb(m): 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
dinachi: How come I have never seen You refer to Mavin songs as nonsense. I have said it several times, even if the angels produce his songs, You guys will still find a way to crtisize him just because Don Jazzy is not there! Why hasnt Don jazzy made a hit since Dbanj left. WHY? WHY? WHY?

I referred to Dbanj's song as nonsense because a pun was intended. It is a form of sarcasm, if you don't get it then you can look it up on google or wherever. Secondly I clearly stated that MAVIN have not been impressive in my opinion. like itsmodella said the point is objectivity and if I may add the appreciation of good music when you hear it.

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by chreldb(m): 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
ItsModella: I don't know why some people are so quick to assume that if you dislike D'banj's music, you're a Don Jazzy's fan or something. I mean how much more shallow can your reasoning get? Some of us here do not give half a f*ck about Mohits or Mavin or DKB? The key word here is objectivity.

I agree with you, there is no need to expatiate your point. The bottom line is that some people are just shallow. And if you look into it further you would see that there is a tribalistic undertone in their reasoning.
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by davidmonye(m): 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
V_Official®:
MANY OF US ARE REALLY PATHETIC. THIS IS A MUSIC VIDEO FOR GOOD GOD'S SAKE, APPRECIATE THE ART AND GLAMOUR. IF YOU ARE NEVER ATTENTIVE TO DETAILS YOU WILL NEVER APPRECIATE ANYTHING, I GIVE THIS "VIDEO" 90.
u re tone deaf nd musically ignorant. Wats 90 abt dat expensive crap

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by davidmonye(m): 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
AALASIKI: The problem with us in this country is our sentiment and lack the presence of too many sad people...

In as much as his lyrics are poor,which has always been dbanjs style,I find it very disturbing that people spend so much effort trying to pull him down because he decided to move forward...

Just put yourselfs in his shoe,or like he his your family member...its just bad

If you don't like him or his songs,just let him be,simple.
get this into ya head. U dnt review or grade a song wel bcoz smbdy wants him down. Pity has killed u all. Check out tiwa she is boiling
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by free2ryhme: 8:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
a good example of diminishing marginal retun.. crap raise to power 5000
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by toprealman: 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
Mark my words, Dbanj and Don Jazzy...Mohit... will reunite again in the near future.
That is after they must have done a serious reality check...that they are relevant mainly as a group rather than their present state.
Miss them sha.
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by lawizle(m): 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
SLIDE waxie: why dnt u jes watch online before dwnloadin. aint that hard na

As if watching online is free..
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
Eze Promoe: Oliver Twist still remains D'banj's best song.[color=#006600] He has been coughing on mic since then. sad[/color]

wow. grin harsh. the guy dey try jooor.
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by dinachi(m): 10:07pm On Jun 12, 2013
It is no secret successful people love successful people, while the unsuccessful can go ahead hating and cursing. Haters it is not Dbanjs fault that you are failures in Ur endeavors. Work hard and be successful then maybe just maybe U will begin to appreciate Dbanj!
free2ryhme: a good example of diminishing marginal retun.. crap raise to power 5000
It is no secret successful people love successful people, while the unsuccessful can go ahead hating and cursing. Haters it is not Dbanjs fault that you are failures in Ur endeavors. Work hard and be successful then maybe just maybe U will begin to appreciate Dbanj!
chreld_b:

I referred to Dbanj's song as nonsense because a pun was intended. It is a form of sarcasm, if you don't get it then you can look it up on google or wherever. Secondly I clearly stated that MAVIN have not been impressive in my opinion. like itsmodella said the point is objectivity and if I may add the appreciation of good music when you hear it.
free2ryhme: a good example of diminishing marginal retun.. crap raise to power 5000
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by paddyhenry: 10:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
d mighty has fallen.
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by dinachi(m): 10:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
Yes U have fallen!
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by Tinyemeka(m): 10:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
saintandsinnerz: It's easy to sit on the comfort of your living rooms to criticize somebody's handiwork after all talk is cheap! If the song is crap go and make your own

I have my specialty. Not everyone is cut out for music. This is without prejudice to the DBanj song.
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by saintandsinnerz: 10:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
Tinyemeka:

I have my specialty. Not everyone is cut out for music. This is without prejudice to the DBanj song.

sorry bro i was not referring to you. It was just a general comment
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by Odinaka00(m): 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2013
˚☺k° oo, Dbanj ya song is nice ee, yu hear? Yu re doing so well musically i must say.... Ehen, I juz made my own contribution o, b4 some peole go start dey see ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ as a hater

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by joeluv: 11:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
D-banj= down words spiral...dats all
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by toastadeola: 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
You need to read people's comment when oliver twist was released.People came up with bad comments about the song..and see what the song has turn out to be??..I told a friend, after the friend said negative things about oliver twist..I said hold on and see what the music will turn to be....is it not d'banj??...today oliver tiwst is the only song in Nigeria that has made the UK's top ten list..so haters..fold ur hands and see what Dont tell me nonsense will be??..You guys dont know you help these musicians alot with your negative comments...see tonto dikeh now go for shows worth 5million..Just for 15minutes..make una sit there oh...
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by Odinaka00(m): 11:32pm On Jun 12, 2013
Chai hw many of yu have seen dat khona video? One new south african song, chai! See dance steps, na dat kain video I dey watch 10 times a day, its soooo african
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by werlay(m): 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
D'banj is falling short of Good music..but sha his pocket isn't. Well Na ends matter pass
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by werlay(m): 11:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
toastadeola: You need to read people's comment when oliver twist was released.People came up with bad comments about the song..and see what the song has turn out to be??..I told a friend, after the friend said negative things about oliver twist..I said hold on and see what the music will turn to be....is it not d'banj??...today oliver tiwst is the only song in Nigeria that has made the UK's top ten list..so haters..fold ur hands and see what Dont tell me nonsense will be??..You guys dont know you help these musicians alot with your negative comments...see tonto dikeh now go for shows worth 5million..Just for 15minutes..make una sit there oh...

You cant expect everybody to give same opinion...

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by toastadeola: 11:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
Have you listened to he's new yet to be released single with snoop doog and 2 chainz..Una go praise am after hin release am..Good music to the core..
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by toastadeola: 11:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
Have you listened to he's new yet to be released single with snoop doog and 2 chainz..Una go praise am after hin release am..Good music to the core..
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by toastadeola: 11:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
Thats what i'm saying..People's opinion will change very soon about this song, just like it was for oliver twist..Ltes wait and see
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by airmark(m): 11:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
Even some peeps were saying the video was crap. Some were born saddists
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by toastadeola: 12:02am On Jun 13, 2013
dont blame them, some people dont just seem to like good things..
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by churific(m): 12:30am On Jun 13, 2013
One word to describe it: NONSENSE

The song is lyrically empty and the video is pretty much a copy/rendition of Beyonce's "Who Run the World" video
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by chronique(m): 12:40am On Jun 13, 2013
Nigerians!!! Don jazzy released solar plexus and people were giving props to the album. I listened to the album n couldn't listen to a full track(all garbage). D'banj released a few singles and everyone ceased the opportunity to murder him. Yes,d'banj has never been the kind of artiste who gives you content;so why the hate? How come you guys are just realising he doesn't have content? The so called "oliver twist" produced by don jazzy,that you guys are giving props to;does it make sense? If we had to classify music and rate it;would oliver twist score 2/10? Who has don jazzy made a hit song for after he parted ways with d'banj? If he truly was the backbone of d'banj,why haven't we seen him transform one of the mavins? Tell me one hit track that don jazzy has produced since he parted ways with d'banj? The top 20 biggest hits as of today doesn't have don jazzy as a producer on the list. As a matter of fact,d'banj's best song since he started singing,up till date(top of the world),was produced and recorded after he parted ways with don jazzy. If don jazzy is so influential like most of you are tryna put it,how many major shows has he or his acts headlined in the last 12 months? A lot of peeps here are just being biased. This song is no different from what he was doing while with jazzy. If d'banj is struggling,then mavin is dead. Or how do you explain a very talented wande coal,doing that "rotate" song? And to be honest,I think d'banj has done better than the mavins. I'm not trying to put don jazzy down or hype d'banj;no! I'm just analysing both and bringing out salient truths and facts. Y'all should quit this "he needs to go back to jazzy" phrase. They aint siamese twins connected by brains. Mo-hits is done and dusted. DKM and MAVIN is what's on ground;let them be. As for the video,quality is good but doesn't connect to song. The director should be blamed for that;not the artiste. As for the song,it's on the same level with 90% of the songs on radio(most songs on radio these days aint got content). As a matter of fact,I hardly listen to new releases. The honest truth is that if you're a true music lover,Nigerian music wouldn't appeal to you cos almost everything churned out is pure garbage.

6 Likes

Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by EzePromoe: 12:48am On Jun 13, 2013
ekwah:

wow. grin harsh. the guy dey try jooor.
He says "don't tell me nonsence", but he's singing to us "NONSENSE". No offence please. I still love D'banj and he's my favourite African artiste after Flavour but this track is NONSENSE.
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by EzePromoe: 1:00am On Jun 13, 2013
D'BANJ AND TONTO DIKE, BORN ON THE SAME DAY, SINGING THE SAME GENRE OF MUSIC.
WHAT A LOVELY COINCIDENCE grin

Another interesting thing is that, THEY'RE BOTH SINGLE AND SEARCHING, AND D'BANJ IS 5 YEARS OLDER. I don't know what any other think, but i think that these two would be the best match ever recorded in Nigeria's entertainment history. cheesy

1 Like

Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by Revolva(m): 2:39am On Jun 13, 2013
Dbanj is now more confused....i gues so now na goatee he wan dey keep...haha i dont even see how dont tell me nonsense as a sentence relates to the video...,,typical nonsense video you cant even compare the song audio to wande coal...The kick. Produced by IDJA .not to tak about the video of the kick sef....mo dbanj....well..no be ur fault..go rethink NOT A BEEF but dbanj is slowly looking like an upcoming artist even Olamide get levels pass am as at now ...he is even trying t relate with durella his enemy back den...na wa oo..d guy dey fear industry now..oo
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:10am On Jun 13, 2013
First off I would not waste time downloading this song, I am pretty sure it will be Nonsense.
D banj is probably the best entertainer Naija has had in a while, this rift with Don jazzy is a very very clear indication that it takes a whole host of different talents to make a successful musician/artist. To be fair, Don jazzy lacks that artist who has the charisma to take his very good beats to the next level, that however has not stopped him from churning out some good beats, if this were a contest of who is moving ahead faster than the other right now, I would say Don jazzy. Reason is simple, I don't think anyone would pay for a tour to listen to the whacky tracks d banj has release do far. I don't think any of his tracks would go on to be in the top ten or win any awards in Africa not to even talk of the "Global" dominance he wants, so far this plan is not working.
If however he did the Goody Bag track, or take banana or even the Lady don dada track which I think have very good beats, D prince sha does not just have that charisma to pull a song from being good to being freaking awesome.
How long will he keep trying before he realises that even wizzy is a lot more popular in naija these days, I don't think he is any more popular outside naija.
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by Nobody: 6:03am On Jun 13, 2013
toprealman: Mark my words, Dbanj and Don Jazzy...Mohit... will reunite again in the near future.
That is after they must have done a serious reality check...that they are relevant mainly as a group rather than their present state.
Miss them sha.

Dude, even if they re-unite, you have to understand that their era in the naija music industry is gone or going real fast!

Both of em need to evolve or will fade away...

Aint nobody got time for crew love no more. Our industry is huge and richer but we need to look at the South Africans! The quality of their kwaito and house music has increased significantly. Our boys should employ song-writers and think outside the box.

Like OluwaBurna said "Oro new era l'anso bayi" grin grin grin

Average video there though. Wasn't really impressed by Kaffy and her dance troupe.

And.... Look at that DOG!!!
Re: D'banj - Dont Tell Me Nonsense (Video) by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 13, 2013
chronique: The so called "oliver twist" produced by don jazzy,that you guys are giving props to;does it make sense? If we had to classify music and rate it;would oliver twist score 2/10?

Man I still don't know the jazz they used for that song lol. Thoroughly hate the jam but hey! The whole world loves it grin grin

As for your other points, I agree somewhat, Tiwa has her own hype devoid of MAVIN and would still be where she is in the game without them. I'm worried for Wande tho, even d'prince seems to be doing better.

which leads me back to my last point !!!

Wande coal is probably stale now... 4-5 years ago, all them songs he's released in the past 2 years would be massive hits... His corner of the market ? Gone to wizkid and the other youngns...

All hope isn't lost though as I feel he's more talented.

Evolve or die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views / Yemi Alade - "Bum Bum" (Video) / MOBO Awards: Burna Boy, Rema Nominated For Best International Act In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.