Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,427 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

What Does Your Dad Mean To You? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does Your Dad Mean To You? (2378 Views)

Please What Would You Do If Your Dad Refuses To Allow Yo To Change Church / What Does Marriage Mean To You? / What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by infonubia(m): 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
Father's day is Sunday, June 16. Gift store sale signs are everywhere promoting gifts like ties, electronics, and other gadgets for Dads.

As the day approaches, consider honoring the most influential men in your life by sharing their stories.

This year, InfoNubia invites you to gift your dad, stepfather, husband, brother, uncle, or any man that has been influential in your life with a unique tribute.

Share your tributes...

Happy Father's Day!

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/06/what-does-your-dad-mean-to-you.html
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
Everything
Daddy means every thing to me
He is the standard by which I measured all men
Any man I met was good if he acted like my father
I fell in love with my husband because he is somehow like my father in character and is a hard working man with a clear vision of what he wants just like dad
I love my husband dearly but dad is the only person on earth I would disobey my husband to please lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin
I take that command of honor your father and mother literally
I would do everything within my power to make my mom and dad happy
If I had to borrow money to make them smile,I will do it.

love you dad and I pray God keeps you and grants you many more years

Happy Father's Day

The best dad ever!!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by infonubia(m): 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
@babyosisi...wow, that's some heartfelt tribute. I'm sure your dad is proud of you too. Good job!
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
My world .... Love you daddy kiss
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by infonubia(m): 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
jidegirl12: My world .... Love you daddy kiss

That just sums it up! Very well said.

1 Like

Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 13, 2013
He means just everything to me.
Daddy, words cannot express how much i adore and treasure you. You are the best thing that ever happened to us; A good husband and father you are.
You brought me up in the way of the Lord, taught me how to believe in myself, you taught me the morals i need.
You have been my source of joy and inspiration.
You are such a good judge (to your family) who is never bias in his judgment.
You love me lyk your life (mum even says you worship me lyk a goddess lol), never wanted me to be a minute apart from you (remember you cried last yr when i was going for clearance in Uni), and when i am, you bombard me with calls until it becomes annoying sometimes.
You are just incomparable, indescribable, loving and caring. You are a blessing to mum and we your children (especially me).
Love you dad and wish you happy Fathers Day in advance. And i pray you live long in sound health (not without your beautiful wife) to eat the fruit of your labour.

3 Likes

Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
My Dad My world my rock.
My Dad has been more than a Father to me, my brother, my best friend, my rock, my support system.
He took my first husband as a son, realising he didn't have a good male influence my dad tried to be one when he realised we were serious.
Growing up there was no doubt I was Daddys Baby.
When I was stuck in a bad marriage my Dad a church elder could have chosen to save his social standing but he said no way, my baby its enough.
My Dad didn't want me stuck in anyones house and face side comments when I left, he looked for money and gave me to rent and furnish a house.
My Dad would call me everynight then and we would talk for hours, he shielded me from my mum, bore malice from my mum, bore side comments, was blamed for "interfering" but he kept telling me to make my own choices no matter what, even if it was me and him alone he will support me.
When I met my husband and I gisted daddy he said this one is a serious one oh, he was right, when I had my boy, my Dad paid extra to fly back and come immediately.
When my Ex was sick, my dad took the case on his head, went with them to the hospital, made sure he had the best treatment, paid for half of it.
My Daddy is amazing, kind, wonderful and just the kindest man ever.
He would take time out when we were younger pick us from school and make us lunch.
I love him so so much, I light up whenever he is around.
A fathers love is the best gift ever. Thank you Daddy, God has done me well, no matter what happens I am blessed to be your baby

4 Likes

Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
^^ Debrief I'm having goosebumps , that was very touching.
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 14, 2013
I'm sooooo jealous of all these fine tributes to daddys.
Well I no get,that's why I dey jealous.don't even know him except his pictures.I heard he was d best for the short time he was alive for us.remembered severally seein my mum crying bc she missed him.
She always tell me good thing about him.I missed him too.he be very fine bobo.
I hv another dad now and I so much thank God.my FIL filled in d gap very well and I lv him.he has bn spoiling me bad.
Last xmas,he was with me and we had fun.he will soon retire and when dat happen,I will go and stay with him small and damn work.that man needs to be pampered and I intend doin that to him.
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by infonubia(m): 3:25am On Jun 14, 2013
debrief08: My Dad My world my rock.
My Dad has been more than a Father to me, my brother, my best friend, my rock, my support system.
He took my first husband as a son, realising he didn't have a good male influence my dad tried to be one when he realised we were serious.
Growing up there was no doubt I was Daddys Baby.
When I was stuck in a bad marriage my Dad a church elder could have chosen to save his social standing but he said no way, my baby its enough.
My Dad didn't want me stuck in anyones house and face side comments when I left, he looked for money and gave me to rent and furnish a house.
My Dad would call me everynight then and we would talk for hours, he shielded me from my mum, bore malice from my mum, bore side comments, was blamed for "interfering" but he kept telling me to make my own choices no matter what, even if it was me and him alone he will support me.
When I met my husband and I gisted daddy he said this one is a serious one oh, he was right, when I had my boy, my Dad paid extra to fly back and come immediately.
When my Ex was sick, my dad took the case on his head, went with them to the hospital, made sure he had the best treatment, paid for half of it.
My Daddy is amazing, kind, wonderful and just the kindest man ever.
He would take time out when we were younger pick us from school and make us lunch.
I love him so so much, I light up whenever he is around.
A fathers love is the best gift ever. Thank you Daddy, God has done me well, no matter what happens I am blessed to be your baby

Great tribute! Thanks for taking time out to honor your dad smiley
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by infonubia(m): 3:28am On Jun 14, 2013
yellowpawpaw: I'm sooooo jealous of all these fine tributes to daddys.
Well I no get,that's why I dey jealous.don't even know him except his pictures.I heard he was d best for the short time he was alive for us.remembered severally seein my mum crying bc she missed him.
She always tell me good thing about him.I missed him too.he be very fine bobo.
I hv another dad now and I so much thank God.my FIL filled in d gap very well and I lv him.he has bn spoiling me bad.
Last xmas,he was with me and we had fun.he will soon retire and when dat happen,I will go and stay with him small and damn work.that man needs to be pampered and I intend doin that to him.

Sorry about losing your dad very early. Good to know you've got a great relationship with your father-in-law. Trust me, not a lot of people have that luxury. Hope your mom is doing well...Bless!
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 14, 2013
infonubia:

Sorry about losing your dad very early. Good to know you've got a great relationship with your father-in-law. Trust me, not a lot of people have that luxury. Hope your mom is doing well...Bless!

Thank u dear,no M too.joined him few yrs ago
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by infonubia(m): 7:10am On Jun 14, 2013
yellowpawpaw:

Sorry about that too...Hope you bought your father's day gift already smiley
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by damiso(f): 7:21am On Jun 14, 2013
The saying you dont know the value of something till its gone is sooooo true.
Dad you were not perfect but you had the purest of hearts . You forgave even before the offence and you lived your life not to impress anyone but God and your conscience. YOU taught me that being a woman is no barrier to me achieving my dreams.I remember how you used to shut people up when they said to us Girls just need to marry . You said my girls are first individuals and then they become somebody wife.I know alot of people did not get you cos some of your views were too western or unislamic but I Now get you.I miss you soooooo much Dad and almost every issue gets me thinking what would Daddy have said. Daddy you wont believe everyone now chants that am.growing into the female version of you grin.I just imbibed some of your good traits and really anyone who calls themselves a good Christian or Muslim should.

Love you loads Dad, wish you were still here but you're not so I guess you are in a better place.
Sun re o Baba mi owon

2 Likes

Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by infonubia(m): 7:26am On Jun 14, 2013
Wait a minute, it seem like only the ladies are posting tributes. Whats up with the guys? Too "macho" to give a shout out to dad? Give the old man props already!!
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by rojarose: 7:31am On Jun 14, 2013
I had enjoyed very memorable days with my papa. A father should be like him, he was an affectionate parent, very responsible individual and a good teacher who corrected my mistakes and brought me up as a good human being. http://astraunic.com/2013/06/14/fathers-day/
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 14, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Sorry about that, but thank God you got a FIL that's just like a father
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by bellong: 8:40am On Jun 14, 2013
Wish I could also say all these nice things about a dad too.... Hmm NO.. He meant an avenue for bringing me to the world. For that alone I appreciate him. After that, nothing more to talk about him.

May his soul rest in peace.
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
I wrote this amidst tears at one of my lowest moments when dad battled an illness that nearly killed him
thank God for answering my prayers.

Roll back the years,many years,a little girl,white and blue ribbons on her long stretched hair
A Peugeot car,a modest home ,with beautiful flowers
Dad you were the epitome of manhood still are
In you I learned what to look for
You words were few and your presence undenied
In my eyes you had it figured,nothing was a mystery
Dad was in control
I loved you
I still do
Now more than ever
Many season have passed
Your beloved is now a woman,a big woman,a wife,a mother,an aunt
Always remained your daughter
I love you
I long to see you right now
Strong
Those footsteps unmistakable
Who could forget those steps,the rattling of your car keys as you walked
The whistling
Your fine baritone
The sparkling white shirts,the snazzy ties
Your dance steps,the Ghana high life on the turn table
Victor Uwaifo blaring out " ekpene bi bio,your Rex Lawson collection and others
The cool suits
The prayers and the blessing the quick wits and the laughs
the way you teased mom
Just the other day I was the passenger,you the driver ,the most careful on the streets
Oh I long for you just the way it was
There is a God I know and he hears me when I call
Amidst my tears and my joy and my tears I have a miracle,you,I have seen plenty, another one is right here,even at my door
My door is open
I want you to walk in it
How about tomorrow?
Next week?
The month after?
I can wait,I have waited,you are worth it
May the shekinah glory of the almighty God,your God ,savior and friend empower you this day dad
I love you
We all do
happy fathers day to the greatest man I know
My hero
Ada's dad

O di wo nma
Onye anyi n'efe di nma

From your daughter this 17 th day of June 2012

2 Likes

Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by ladygogo: 2:24pm On Jun 14, 2013
*tearing up* i wuff my daddy! My daddy i someone that believes you can be anything you want to be regardless of your gender. He so much believes in us. I can remember when he said you girsl dont have to wait for any man before you start acquiring properties and all, as your husband is acquiring his you should also be acquring yours. grin Lol. love that man.
i can even say he loves us more than he loves his wife, or maybe alternates the love.

I'm so thankful i have you in my life.i pray God continues to bless you abundantly.

Seriously, the presence of a father in a girls life shouldnt be underestimated. A father's presence boosts your confidence and you just believe you can talk to anybody grin and be anything you want to be. grin
you are the best Dad.
Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
I never lived with my dad,so I would rather buy a gift for my mum,who went out of her way to make me whom I am today,she played the mother,and fatherly role in my life.

Happy Father's day,Mum.

1 Like

Re: What Does Your Dad Mean To You? by AbuMikey(m): 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
babyosisi: I wrote this amidst tears at one of my lowest moments when dad battled an illness that nearly killed him
thank God for answering my prayers.

Roll back the years,many years,a little girl,white and blue ribbons on her long stretched hair
A Peugeot car,a modest home ,with beautiful flowers
Dad you were the epitome of manhood still are
In you I learned what to look for
You words were few and your presence undenied
In my eyes you had it figured,nothing was a mystery
Dad was in control
I loved you
I still do
Now more than ever
Many season have passed
Your beloved is now a woman,a big woman,a wife,a mother,an aunt
Always remained your daughter
I love you
I long to see you right now
Strong
Those footsteps unmistakable
Who could forget those steps,the rattling of your car keys as you walked
The whistling
Your fine baritone
The sparkling white shirts,the snazzy ties
Your dance steps,the Ghana high life on the turn table
Victor Uwaifo blaring out " ekpene bi bio,your Rex Lawson collection and others
The cool suits
The prayers and the blessing the quick wits and the laughs
the way you teased mom
Just the other day I was the passenger,you the driver ,the most careful on the streets
Oh I long for you just the way it was
There is a God I know and he hears me when I call
Amidst my tears and my joy and my tears I have a miracle,you,I have seen plenty, another one is right here,even at my door
My door is open
I want you to walk in it
How about tomorrow?
Next week?
The month after?
I can wait,I have waited,you are worth it
May the shekinah glory of the almighty God,your God ,savior and friend empower you this day dad
I love you
We all do
happy fathers day to the greatest man I know
My hero
Ada's dad

O di wo nma
Onye anyi n'efe di nma

From your daughter this 17 th day of June 2012
I like it!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Would You Do If You Discover That Your 13 Year Old Sister Is Pregnant? / How To Forgive An Ex / Breaking: Tiwa Savage Using The Toilet With Her Son. PICTURES!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.