Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,962 members, 7,838,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money (17824 Views)

D'banj Ft Ice Prince-Salute Video / Durella Or Dbanj Who Really Owns " Blame It On The Money" / Durella - Blame It On The Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by howfarwhatagwan: 3:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
As far as I'm concerned Mo hits break up is not working for either Don Jazzy or Dbanj of course I'm not talking in terms of money (Dbanj probably doing better in this area) but in terms of that hot music we have grown to love. Please can you guys just go back to the way it used to be? you gave us such lovely songs. We miss you guys truly we do. The only D'banj song I have been able to enjoy to the fullest after the break up is OYATO and the only Don Jazzy production I have also been able to enjoy after the break up is THE KICK. Maybe we are expecting too much from both of you. But we will never forget your songs together they were just extra-ordinary.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by EyesWideOpen(m): 3:38pm On Jun 13, 2013
Awesome beats, great deliverance by Big Sean and Snoop Lion ..... Buh seriously, come please, is this in fact a D'banj song or was he the featured act??

For heaven's sake his verse SUCKS like a biatch!!!!!!!!
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Adex097: 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
Did you know that this track is the first international collabo thats not a remix of an old song....dbanj i respect ya for that.

3 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by TheBookWorm: 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
I might even hear this song on the radio here.

D'banj may can make it big in the US if he focuses on hooks first. Something like Roscoe Dash.

His accent adds a new layer to Hip-Hop that is different from Dancehall collabos with Sean Paul or Beenie Man.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by bigcycs: 4:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ejanla forever..this is my kinda jam.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
VIDEO ASAP!!!

BANGER LEE!!!

Nuff said ...

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by oparahchi(m): 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
Red-Light:
now tell me, which one of the current artists sounds like fela or plays real african afro beat? tuface, one of the grand fathers of modern Nigerian music, tell me which of his songs sounds african or like fela song? note: the fact that you sing in your dialect doesn't make your song pure african. besides, he used more Yoruba dialect in the song, and he has never at anytime stop using his dialect. what else do you really want?
who says singing in your dialect makes you African. Have you heard Psquares beautiful onyinye ft Rick Ross and Tufaces Rainbow with Tpain. There is still an excellent feel of Africanism in those songs. But this Dbanj's new song sounds like a wannabe western music. You can't do a Rick Ross song better than him, or a Jezzy et.al.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
edited
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by omiobo: 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
Whether the song hit o or not,he's making money and fame. What else does a musician need?

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by dhrey: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
saintvalx:

and I refuse to join the bandwagon. Tell me where this track will be a hit, in the U.S. or in Naija? Just an average song and dem start to craze. Am sorry house, it's just that am not a great fan of any lyrically-impaired artist. I still prefer him when Don Jazzy was doing most of the creativity.
stop the hate and appreciate his effort.the song is cool and nice.you've not seen anything yet,dbanj is just getting started.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by oparahchi(m): 5:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
Diasporan:
The Dude is not singing just for his music to be accepted in Africa but for it to be globally accepted.Try to move from your comfort one and venture into broader frontier that is what has made him bigger than the rest and also rich bro.Everything is not all about Africa but globalisation.Once you can have a little attention of the American listeners you are made for life considering their population.I better sing nonsense and capture 0.2 percent of North America and Europe than sing songs my fellow Africans will love for its 'Africanness' but won't even buy it instead download it for free and later run at a loss
now globalization is not you selling to me what I already have in excess, rather selling to me what you have that I don't for what you want that I have. Dbanj's song is or sounded like a wannabe western music. If you ask me a strategy for entering the western market is a music fusion between both geography. His endowed remix sounded more of the two sides, same as Tufaces Rainbow and the rest. Why would I listen to a wannabe western music as a westerner when I can get the real deal. I am not ignorant of his hard work please don't get it wrong. But his product is just what I feel should be improved upon. that is a proper fusion and not a wannabe like.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by TheBookWorm: 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
I must say that the only Nigerian that I have heard on the Hip-Hop/Dancehall radio stations in the US is Flavour.

That includes a DC radio station and a Houston radio station.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
Some Nigerians and their money-driven mentalities. I guess some people can't criticize without being called a poor hater. Truth be told, the title says D'Banj but I don't know who that D'Banj is anymore.

It's a terrible shame. Westerners bring their western music to us. We accommodate and enjoy it. D'Banj is going to westerners and has sounded less African/Nigerian with every step forward. Like someone rightly said, if we wanted this genre of music, we know who to search and where to look for it. I'm not impressed one bit.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by donfineboi: 5:43pm On Jun 13, 2013
oparah chi: now globalization is not you selling to me what I already have in excess, rather selling to me what you have that I don't for what you want that I have. Dbanj's song is or sounded like a wannabe western music. If you ask me a strategy for entering the western market is a music fusion between both geography. His endowed remix sounded more of the two sides, same as Tufaces Rainbow and the rest. Why would I listen to a wannabe western music as a westerner when I can get the real deal. I am not ignorant of his hard work please don't get it wrong. But his product is just what I feel should be improved upon. that is a proper fusion and not a wannabe like.

You need to stop hating and know this. Dbanj is signed on to an international record label. So he needs to have a song or more with international appeal. He can't be singing pangolo songs like wizkid, dr sid n co..... He's not in that dimension anymore.

4 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
donfineboi: You need to stop hating and know this. Dbanj is signed on to an international record label. So he needs to have a song or more with international appeal. He can't be singing pangolo songs like wizkid, dr sid n co..... He's not in that dimension anymore.

So why can't he make another Oliver Twist? Why does he have to make American hip hop?
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by donfineboi: 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
ogugua88: Some Nigerians and their money-driven mentalities. I guess some people can't criticize without being called a poor hater. Truth be told, the title says D'Banj but I don't know who that D'Banj is anymore.

It's a terrible shame. Westerners bring their western music to us. We accommodate and enjoy it. D'Banj is going to westerners and has sounded less African/Nigerian with every step forward. Like someone rightly said, if we wanted this genre of music, we know who to search and where to look for it. I'm not impressed one bit.

Sorry u don't hve to b impressed d song isn't meant for u... Its for the international scene not for locals.... U dig. So u can impress urself with d likes of terry g n co....

4 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by donfineboi: 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
ogugua88:

So why can't he make another Oliver Twist? Why does he have to make American hip hop?

Lol Oliver twist is an euro-tecno song. Its not even african. if u need to go global, u'd give unto ceaser what belongs to ceaser

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
donfineboi: Lol Oliver twist is an euro-tecno song. Its not even african. if u need to go global, u'd give unto ceaser what belongs to ceaser

No. That was the genius of the D'Banj/Don Jazzy duo. Oliver Twist was African enough to please their fanbase, but different with elements already in the global market to catch the outer ear. They haven't repeated that feat in their individual endeavors.

If you need to go global, you bring to the globe what it doesn't have and is convinced it needs, not more of the same. You don't sell water to a fisherman, not when overwater dey worry am.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by donfineboi: 6:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
ogugua88:

No. That was the genius of the D'Banj/Don Jazzy duo. Oliver Twist was African enough to please their fanbase, but different with elements already in the global market to catch the outer ear. They haven't repeated that feat in their individual endeavors.

If you need to go global, you bring to the globe what it doesn't have and is convinced it needs, not more of the same. You don't sell water to a fisherman, not when overwater dey worry am.

I remember when oliver twist came out here in naija, it wasn't a hit. It didn't make any big impact here in naija. It was Mr endowed remix that was his banger. Dbanj even tried to force it down the throats of naija, hence the oliver twist dance online competition. Not until it started making impact abroad..... Personally I aint that attracted to oliver twist. I feel his best songs so far are top of d world and blame it on the money

3 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Bodmas06: 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
Wao! Whot a song! Kudos to you Dbanj
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Bodmas06: 6:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
Adex097: Did you know that this track is the first international collabo thats not a remix of an old song....dbanj i respect ya for that.
You beat me to it. Dbanj realy sucks
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by donfineboi: 6:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
Bodmas06: Wao! Whot a song! Kudos to you Dbanj

Yes ooo. He's proven to be bigger than Mavin(all artist combined) donjazzy made a big mistake to quit from dbanj. Imaging if they were still together mohits wud hve been a global phenomenon but now all goodies now on DB records... Heard wande coal, dr sid and dprince are just changing managers up and down lobbying for more shows. Heard frm a reliable source that tiwa has left mavin to her n her sweetheart 323 entertainment.... But they made it look like 323 entertainment is under mavin to cover things up.... Things are pretty shaky for mavins... I feel for dem

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by oparahchi(m): 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
donfineboi:

You need to stop hating and know this. Dbanj is signed on to an international record label. So he needs to have a song or more with international appeal. He can't be singing pangolo songs like wizkid, dr sid n co..... He's not in that dimension anymore.
no one is hating on DBanj. As a matter of fact I support and encourage his level of success. My anchor however is on his product not his energy. As Ogugua said which I second too, you can't sell water to a fisherman. He needs to create his own flavor and not an American wanna be song. The moment you realize that some American artist don't sell well with their records the better you would understand my perspective. Chris Brown that is known in so many places doesn't have an exceptional record sales pls do a research. The moment you realize he knows this, then he would come with a different tune and not an American wannabe song which is not the exact thing. Strategy make westeners like you African rhythm and not making them accept you with a wannabe like them song that you are not doing so well in. Oliver Twist is African, different and accepted globally to a reasonable extent. Now that's what am talking about.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
edited

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by oparahchi(m): 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
donfineboi:

no one is hating on DBanj. As a matter of fact I support and encourage his level of success. My anchor however is on his product not his energy. As Ogugua said which I second too, you can't sell water to a fisherman. He needs to create his own flavor and not an American wanna be song. The moment you realize that some American artist don't sell well with their records the better you would understand my perspective. Chris Brown that is known in so many places doesn't have an exceptional record sales pls do a research. The moment you realize he knows this, then he would come with a different tune and not an American wannabe song which is not the exact thing. Strategy make westeners like you African rhythm and not making them accept you with a wannabe like them song that you are not doing so well in. Oliver Twist is African, different and accepted globally to a reasonable extent. Now that's what am talking about.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by oparahchi(m): 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2013
donfineboi:

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by donfineboi: 6:52pm On Jun 13, 2013
oparah chi: no one is hating on DBanj. As a matter of fact I support and encourage his level of success. My anchor however is on his product not his energy. As Ogugua said which I second too, you can't sell water to a fisherman. He needs to create his own flavor and not an American wanna be song. The moment you realize that some American artist don't sell well with their records the better you would understand my perspective. Chris Brown that is known in so many places doesn't have an exceptional record sales pls do a research. The moment you realize he knows this, then he would come with a different tune and not an American wannabe song which is not the exact thing. Strategy make westeners like you African rhythm and not making them accept you with a wannabe like them song that you are not doing so well in. Oliver Twist is African, different and accepted globally to a reasonable extent. Now that's what am talking about.

I need u to answer me.. What makes oliver twist african? Oliver twist is an euro tecno beat. And the only difference btw oliver n blame it on d money is that he featured other foreign artist. I don't think dbanj even sang the lyrics in oliver twist in yoruba. Pls don't use oliver twist as a comparisim its not african in any way

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by dabrake(m): 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
nice effort from snoop and jay.
what the hell is wrong with 'banj's? even Sky B could have done better.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
ogugua88: Some Nigerians and their money-driven mentalities. I guess some people can't criticize without being called a poor hater. Truth be told, the title says D'Banj but I don't know who that D'Banj is anymore.

dbanj cant satisty everybody so aint compulsory for u to be impressed

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
I have been a big negative critic of Skibanj since he left Mohits... Coz he has been spewing one rubbish after another since then. But truth be told, I must give him 7/10 on this one.... Nice beats, bad lyrics from dbanj, Wonderful lyrics from Snoop Lion! But good chorus from D'banj though.... Lols @Blame it on the money!
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
ayswags: dbanj cant satisty everybody so aint compulsory for u to be impressed

No one said it's compulsory for me to be impressed.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by dinachi(m): 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
THEY ARE HERE AGAIN! Una go die for Dbanjs head one day. A man is rising steadily and you are here talking poo. BLAME IT ON THE MONEY! ABEG DON'T TELL ME NONSENSE! Greatest critics here are very unsuccessful in life, that is why they are very angry at Dbanjs success! They are denied the opportunity of saying I told you so cos the Golden boy keeps going higher and higher. I still say it, successful people love successful people while unsuccessful people...... finish thye sentence
dabrake: nice effort from snoop and jay.
what the hell is wrong with 'banj's? even Sky B could have done better.
Sorry Sky B wasn't invited, choke on your hate! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tonic Solfa Of Joy To The World - Christmas Hymn / When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? / The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.