Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,963 members, 7,838,438 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money (17825 Views)

D'banj Ft Ice Prince-Salute Video / Durella Or Dbanj Who Really Owns " Blame It On The Money" / Durella - Blame It On The Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by airmark(m): 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
ogugua88: Some Nigerians and their money-driven mentalities. I guess some people can't criticize without being called a poor hater. Truth be told, the title says D'Banj but I don't know who that D'Banj is anymore.

It's a terrible shame. Westerners bring their western music to us. We accommodate and enjoy it. D'Banj is going to westerners and has sounded less African/Nigerian with every step forward. Like someone rightly said, if we wanted this genre of music, we know who to search and where to look for it. I'm not impressed one bit.

You don't need to be impressed. Could n't you wonder why oliver twist was n't a hit in US as compared to what it did in europe? This is a kind of song americans dig, not most trashes that come from Nigeria. If western world is only after afro music, flavor is supposed to be a billionaire by now. Dbanj is gradually getting there.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by dinachi(m): 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2013
ogugua88:

No one said it's compulsory for me to be impressed.
Thats right! go to Don Loyas sorry Jazzys thread and cry, we don't want you here grin
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 13, 2013
airmark: You don't need to be impressed. Could n't you wonder why oliver twist was n't a hit in US as compared to what it did in europe? This is a kind of song americans dig, not most trashes that come from Nigeria. If western world is only after afro music, flavor is supposed to be a billionaire by now. Dbanj is gradually getting there.

We'll see after his album. No one knew of him after the Endowed remix and (those that heard) said "wtf" after his Scapegoat remix. Again, we'll see.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Adex097: 8:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ma music teacher told me Music is a universal language...i no understand wetin una come dey talk now..whether na african, european, american, japanesze or chinkoic musik na musik.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by dabrake(m): 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
dinachi: THEY ARE HERE AGAIN! Una go die for Dbanjs head one day. A man is rising steadily and you are here talking poo. BLAME IT ON THE MONEY! ABEG DON'T TELL ME NONSENSE! Greatest critics here are very unsuccessful in life, that is why they are very angry at Dbanjs success! They are denied the opportunity of saying I told you so cos the Golden boy keeps going higher and higher. I still say it, successful people love successful people while unsuccessful people...... finish thye sentence Sorry Sky B wasn't invited, choke on your hate! grin
you guys just have a knack for saying rubbish. if d'banj had started his career with this kind of track, he wouldn't be the household name he is. try and be objective. your kind will criticize GEJ tomorrow. will it be right to call you a hater because he has 'made it' or that he's the president where as, you, in your entire life will never get near there?
btw, I am pro-nigerian. pro-excellence.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by donfineboi: 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
ogugua88:

We'll see after his album. No one knew of him after the Endowed remix and (those that heard) said "wtf" after his Scapegoat remix. Again, we'll see.

U just a hater... Dbanj is way bigger than what he was during mohits. He's been endorsed by the Bank of industry. That's a blank cheque, to go beyond his wildest dreams, they'll foot the bill for him, right now he can afford to go to any length. He's the biggest thing in africa now. Deal with it

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by airmark(m): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
ogugua88:

What do you want to see?. At least dbanj used his mother tongue in his verse, so the song is not totally westernised. You and i know americans cant buy what they cant relate with.Don't expect his failure, wish him well.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by donfineboi: 8:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
dabrake:
you guys just have a knack for saying rubbish. if d'banj had started his career with this kind of track, he wouldn't be the household name he is. try and be objective. your kind will criticize GEJ tomorrow. will it be right to call you a hater because he has 'made it' or that he's the president where as, you, in your entire life will never get near there?

Speak for urself bro.... We all have different aspirations. There's a saying "Learn to appreciate others effort and u will be appreciated".
I wonder why nigerians are quick to condemn...

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
Come down a gear on your pride Dbanj.
They will kill you before your time o o.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by dhrey: 8:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
drillskillz: Come down a gear on your pride Dbanj.
wat do u understand by pride?abi is there any pride in progress.i tink u are high or so i tot.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by RuuDie(m): 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
All I heard was Big Sean and that Snoop Lion fella - whoever that is grin

Sorry Ski'banj, the yanks may like this but I don't. Its a no-no for me!
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by danswagz(m): 8:52pm On Jun 13, 2013
When i heard d leak version of it i said this is b.s,i dont know which genre dapo dey oh When i heard d leak version of it i said this is b.s,i dont know which genre dapo dey oh When i heard d leak version of it i said this is b.s,i dont know which genre dapo dey oh
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by dabrake(m): 8:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
donfineboi:

Speak for urself bro.... We all have different aspirations. There's a saying "Learn to appreciate others effort and u will be appreciated".
I wonder why nigerians are quick to condemn...
who is this? so one should appreciate mediocrity?
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
The song for sweet without dbanj on it,he for just stick to the chorus,he is still repping naija sha so I guess it's aii alil
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by omiobo: 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
Fans of Dbanj should not fight for him,he is winning the battle. It is part of life to have haters. Haters are not bad the way we thought,sometimes we need them more than friends because their judgments help to shape our thinking.

Pls haters keep hating

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by donfineboi: 9:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
dabrake:
who is this? so one should appreciate mediocrity?

Relax bro. U need a chill pill. One mans meet is another mans poison. If dbanj is not loved by d majority he will not be world renowned. Do u think big sean n snoop will align with ur so called mediocrity? Or will a so called mediocrity rise to such affluence? Think about it. Wether u like it or not Dbanj is one of the most successful artist in Africa. No nigerian artist has reached his feat. So deal with it....

4 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by StevenJay01(m): 9:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
donfineboi:

U just a hater... Dbanj is way bigger than what he was during mohits. He's been endorsed by the Bank of industry. That's a blank cheque, to go beyond his wildest dreams, they'll foot the bill for him, right now he can afford to go to any length. He's the biggest thing in africa now. Deal with it

Hahahahaha!!!!U are a big fool.So u tot BOI broke d vault to sign him!Blank cheque ko,Blank withdrawal slip ni!People like u should be kept in a zoo to learn from monkeys.b4 we say jack nau,u go talk say BOI paid the expense 4 the song**SMH**
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by iamdsam: 9:31pm On Jun 13, 2013
Very good one from D'banj the Koko Master. I rep db and GOOD MUSIC
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by iamdsam: 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
Where those wah dey talk say na only remix songs D'banj fit take dey feature international artists D'banj carry go
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by donfineboi: 10:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
Steven Jay01:

Hahahahaha!!!!U are a big fool.So u tot BOI broke d vault to sign him!Blank cheque ko,Blank withdrawal slip ni!People like u should be kept in a zoo to learn from monkeys.b4 we say jack nau,u go talk say BOI paid the expense 4 the song**SMH**

I see no reason u shud insult me, u d one acting like someone driven by animal instinct. If u wanna know more about the endorsement u can enlighten ur ignorance with the link below. N pls learn to show decency n civility in ur approach. I no d economy is really bad, but dnt let it tell on u..... wink

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/feature/midweek-revue/boi-leads-dbanj-into-the-banking-hall/

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by otodeluxe(m): 10:46pm On Jun 13, 2013
lorretta u: Sorry to derail,but D'banj is ugly.even though he tries so hard to look handsome.
@Topic. Nice song.good one by 'koko master' whatever that means undecided

You need to see a doctor for medical checkup. It seems you have glaucoma
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by abagoro(m): 11:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
donfineboi:

Is he bigger than K'naan? Most people just comment for the sake. K'naan has charted 2 albums in USA and even a top 5 single("Waving Flag"wink.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by donfineboi: 11:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
abagoro:

Is he bigger than K'naan? Most people just comment for the sake. K'naan has charted 2 albums in USA and even a top 5 single("Waving Flag"wink.

U no, if u didn't mention waving flag I wouldn't have known who K'naan is. Dbanj had 4 nominations in the World music awards, Including the best African artiste. He reached top 10 uk top chart, he's one of the few African who has featured several A-list artists from the USA for his personal tracks within a period of 2 years. Presently Dbanj is the biggest in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
How is featuring western musicians equivalent to success? Flavour and J Martins have featured top African musicians in Africa such as Fally Ipupa and are successful in their own rights. I suppose D'Banj wants to forget the fans that appreciate him most for a chance at American acceptance. Oh well.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by donfineboi: 11:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
ogugua88: How is featuring western musicians equivalent to success? Flavour and J Martins have featured top African musicians in Africa such as Fally Ipupa and are successful in their own rights. I suppose D'Banj wants to forget the fans that appreciate him most for a chance at American acceptance. Oh well.

How many american accepted songs has Dbanj done in his yet to b released DKM album? Can u tell me?
Oyato, bachelor, bounce, don't tell me nonsense, cash flow etc?
Are they american?
So pls explain how he has forgotten the fans that loves him the most?
Is it wrong to do just one american hiphop track out of about 20 songs?
I tire oooo.

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by donfineboi: 11:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by donfineboi: 11:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
ogugua88: How is featuring western musicians equivalent to success? Flavour and J Martins have featured top African musicians in Africa such as Fally Ipupa and are successful in their own rights. I suppose D'Banj wants to forget the fans that appreciate him most for a chance at American acceptance. Oh well.

When u feature an artist outside the continent on ur track, u widen ur fan base, its a progressive move made by the few and most successful artist. Do ur research wink

Although success is relative

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Rossikk(m): 11:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
Nothing wrong with the song, though it could have done with some better melodies and lyrics.

As for the genre issues, pls stop trying to limit the artiste in D Banj.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by dinachi(m): 11:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
drillskillz: Come down a gear on your pride Dbanj.
It is a lie you are a Don Loya apologist, I saw your chicanery from afar! Yes there is pride in progress! If the success too pain you, hit any Dbanj picture in your house! Nothing succeds like success!
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by dinachi(m): 11:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
dabrake:
Na lie, you are a Don Loya apologist, I saw you from afar. Learn to stop hating. It will do you good ,before you die of hypertainsion over another mans success. Always remember, NOTHING SUCCEEDS LIKE SUCCESS!

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Lumyboi(m): 11:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
Cool song. Bt childish n silly lyrics. Lik say dem feat. dbanj. Mke al des guyz go sit down jor. Since dia brkup, na so so mumu songs.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by dinachi(m): 12:23am On Jun 14, 2013
Lumyboi: Cool song. Bt childish n silly lyrics. Lik say dem feat. dbanj. Mke al des guyz go sit down jor. Since dia brkup, na so so mumu songs.
Shut up, go to your God Don Jazzys thread! PLS DONT TELL ME NONSENSE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tonic Solfa Of Joy To The World - Christmas Hymn / When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love? / The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.