Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,164 members, 7,842,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money (17832 Views)

D'banj Ft Ice Prince-Salute Video / Durella Or Dbanj Who Really Owns " Blame It On The Money" / Durella - Blame It On The Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Abagworo(m): 12:49am On Jun 14, 2013
Nothing impressive! I was forced to download it as a result of the 1st comments but its nothing impressive. I hereby recommend J. Cole's "Born Sinner" .
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by PAPAAFRICA: 2:09am On Jun 14, 2013
look at this nigga D'banj ugly a.s.s nigga
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by dinachi(m): 4:36am On Jun 14, 2013
Abagworo: Nothing impressive! I was forced to download it as a result of the 1st comments but its nothing impressive. I hereby recommend J. Cole's "Born Sinner" .
yea I forgot , Ur God Don Jazzy is not there abi? Dont Tell Me Nonsense! Choke on your hate!

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by dinachi(m): 4:40am On Jun 14, 2013
PAPA AFRICA: look at this nigga D'banj ugly a.s.s nigga
Don Loya Apologist! Go to your milk selling thread! Die of hypertainsion for Dbanj s success! Blame it on the money! Choke on your hate!

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by dhrey: 4:45am On Jun 14, 2013
W
Lumyboi: Cool song. Bt childish n silly lyrics. Lik say dem feat. dbanj. Mke al des guyz go sit down jor. Since dia brkup, na so so mumu songs.
what is he sayin?numskul
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by omodudutola(m): 6:40am On Jun 14, 2013
Nice song
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Rhino5dm: 7:35am On Jun 14, 2013
ogugua88:

We'll see after his album. No one knew of him after the Endowed remix and (those that heard) said "wtf" after his Scapegoat remix. Again, we'll see.

Stop exposing your acute bad bellerism. The fact is D Banj has moved on and rolling with big boys. The fact again is that D banj was never a good musician even under Don Jazzy. The fact again and again is that Don Jazzy was riding on D Banj 's luck, hence he has not pulled any major crowd since D Banj left him. Another fact is that D Banj was never known to have deep lyrics, as most of his lyrics is combination of some meaningless gibberish. The real fact is that D Banj was never a good musician from the start.

But the bigger fact is that D Banj is an entertainer and a business man. The second to the last fact is that D Banj is an expert in creating wealth.

The last fact is that D Banj is very very successful and way richer than most people hating him. The most important fact is that you can Blame it on the Money!

12 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by RedLight1: 9:14am On Jun 14, 2013
oparah chi: who says singing in your dialect makes you African. Have you heard Psquares beautiful onyinye ft Rick Ross and Tufaces Rainbow with Tpain. There is still an excellent feel of Africanism in those songs. But this Dbanj's new song sounds like a wannabe western music. You can't do a Rick Ross song better than him, or a Jezzy et.al.
oh, ok. so, psqaure aka usher vs michael jackson wannabes now plays real African music to you? can you seriously differentiate between good african afro songs and modern naija music style? tuface's rainbow song sounds african? by the way, how come we didnt hear this kind of criticism when tuface sang "african queen" etc, or when psquare are still miming and copying michael/usher? but now, it must a must that you should criticize dbanj. change is constant in life, if you can flow with his current kind of music, you can as well ignore it. the song aint for everyone. If i want to listen to real afro beat, I will pick a nice fela record, king sunny ade, peter uwaifo etc. gerrrit!

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 14, 2013
It's not always about money. All I'm saying is that the American rap/hip-hop scene is saturated with people who make that exact kind of music. I don't see collaborating with Americans as rolling with big boys in all honesty. There are more people in the continent of Africa then there are in the North American continent. Why do Nigerians have to be appreciated by whites and the west to think they've made it?

I don't think I called him an amazing talent either. He's best at branding, packaging, marketing, etc. I wonder what he's trying to do in the rap genre.

Seun Paul entered the US/western scene sounding very Jamaican. I don't see anything criminal in wanting a Nigerian artist to bring Nigeria to the west.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by RedLight1: 9:15am On Jun 14, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Stop exposing your acute bad bellerism. The fact is D Banj has moved on and rolling with big boys. The fact again is that D banj was never a good musician even under Don Jazzy. The fact again and again is that Don Jazzy was riding on D Banj 's luck, hence he has not pulled any major crowd since D Banj left him. Another fact is that D Banj was never known to have deep lyrics, as most of his lyrics is combination of some meaningless gibberish. The real fact is that D Banj was never a good musician from the start.

But the bigger fact is that D Banj is an entertainer and a business man. The second to the last fact is that D Banj is an expert in creating wealth.

The last fact is that D Banj is very very successful and way richer than most people hating him. The most important fact is that you can Blame it on the Money!
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by RedLight1: 9:34am On Jun 14, 2013
ogugua88: It's not always about money. All I'm saying is that the American rap/hip-hop scene is saturated with people who make that exact kind of music. I don't see collaborating with Americans as rolling with big boys in all honesty. There are more people in the continent of Africa then there are in the North American continent. Why do Nigerians have to be appreciated by whites and the west to think they've made it?
he is rolling with blacks and one of the biggest african american in the music industry today. that is the difference.

I don't think I called him an amazing talent either. He's best at branding, packaging, marketing, etc. I wonder what he's trying to do in the rap genre.
hehehe but he didnt rap. did you hear him rap in the song? akon featured many rapers in his songs, does that make him a rapper?

Seun Paul entered the US/western scene sounding very Jamaican. I don't see anything criminal in wanting a Nigerian artist to bring Nigeria to the west.
not everyone will make it playing same genre of music. saun paul made it playing real hardcore dancehall, shaggy also made it but not with hardcore dancehall despite the fact that they were both originally from Jamaica. besides, raggae has already captured america and indeed the world before dancehall sets in, unlike afrobeat that didn't capture really much. if anyone wants to make name for him/herself in any genre, the best we could do is wish him/her luck and not waiting for his/her downfall simple.

3 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by JbravoAdodger(m): 9:58am On Jun 14, 2013
Lo ba tan, thasall
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Rhino5dm: 10:10am On Jun 14, 2013
ogugua88: It's not always about money. All I'm saying is that the American rap/hip-hop scene is saturated with people who make that exact kind of music. I don't see collaborating with Americans as rolling with big boys in all honesty. There are more people in the continent of Africa then there are in the North American continent. Why do Nigerians have to be appreciated by whites and the west to think they've made it?

Ma, most part of D banj 's contribution to this song is in Yoruba, NO?

Didn't you hear him yelling "Owo, Kudi and Ego " . . .What is more African than singing in your native lingua? Must he rhyme in kiswahili before you consent the glaring African touch in this masterpiece?

This is what we call blending, trying to kill two birds with a single stone. Trying to satisfy the American audience without losing the African fans. In this song alone, D Banj proved to possess higher business acumen.

Let me give you a hint on what will happen, D Banj will use the video of this song to formally announce his presence in the American scene of entertainment. The video will go viral, ofcourse having snoop and big on a video would make lots of rookies to start asking about the owner of the song.

So, Let me crave your indulgence and beg of you to take the back seat and allow D Banj some time to either succeed more or succeed less cos he can NEVER fail. OoooSsssssHhhhhhEeeee! cool

3 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 14, 2013
RuuDie: All I heard was Big Sean and that Snoop Lion fella - whoever that is grin

Sorry Ski'banj, the yanks may like this but I don't. Its a no-no for me!
who cares if u lyk it,it's not as if u are not going to download it free or are u going to buy his original album
dbanj should be targetting the american market and not africa who loves freebies

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by sanity12(m): 11:46am On Jun 14, 2013
I just keep on loving dis guy,ooosshee banger lee.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by TheBookWorm: 11:50am On Jun 14, 2013
I enjoyed this song the second time I played it. But maybe I am biased, because I love Hip-Hop beats and it sounded good in my car.

Big props to Big Sean and Snoop Lion (formerly known as Snoop Dogg) as well.

This may get some rotation in the US music scene, and that is what D'Banj wants.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by deleteme: 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

But he's far far better than this guy selling Loya Milk. shocked

[img]http://2.bp..com/-8Mu8vITncdU/ULn-x249p0I/AAAAAAABCD4/k0HoWHQM_dU/s280/....0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-fhcQvMey1D8/ULn-sjEHYoI/AAAAAAABCDw/YXQPG3jX6ss/s1600/_DSC0284.JPG[/img]

^
Ofcourse, man must wack, since D banj is no more here to give you FREE Bentley. LWKMD!!

The difference is that the Don is given back to his own society, no wonder we adore him so much in NIJA , while Dick Banj is busy licking Snoop's arse in country wr no one give a danm about him.

4 Likes

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Rhino5dm: 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
deleteme:

The difference is that the Don is given back to his own society, no wonder we adore him so much in NIJA , while Dick Banj is busy licking Snoop's arse in country wr no one give a danm about him.

Can I get a CAN of medium size LOYA MILK? shocked LWKMD grin grin

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by ersonleads(m): 10:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
Dbanj is d real koko master...he is top of d world in frnt of d crowd mehn.... D music is takin a yes 4 me!!!
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by XavierSmiley: 7:54am On Jun 15, 2013
daywatcher: Hip Hop/rap does not suit most african artists

Ah!!! Atlast! Seen someone thinking in my direction. D'banj sounds out of place in d song... Like the song was "forced" on him...Not his kind... If not for the rap, the music wud'v been whack. D'Banj is better off with Don Jazzy.. #fact

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by alpontif(m): 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2013
I foresee a Remix of This song featuring Ricky, Weezy, Drizzy, Chris Brizzy...and all the Badboys with Dj Khalid...........Haters can always blame it on the money..

You laugh at his music, he laughs at your Bank account, You can always choke on your Hate...!!!

1 Like

Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Lumyboi(m): 10:23am On Jun 16, 2013
Its not about don jazzy or dbanj. I jst feel they vnt both bn at d level they were b4 d split. Dts my opinion. Use ur head
dinachi: Shut up, go to your God Don Jazzys thread! PLS DONT TELL ME NONSENSE!
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Lumyboi(m): 10:25am On Jun 16, 2013
Do u v to quote em if u dnt knw wot e is sayin. So obvious u r d nonentity
dhrey: Wwhat is he sayin?numskul
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by Abagworo(m): 11:24am On Jun 16, 2013
dinachi: yea I forgot , Ur God Don Jazzy is not there abi? Dont Tell Me Nonsense! Choke on your hate!

Lol. As usual it will flop like the rest high budget features and videos. At the moment only Davido or Wizkid and their age mates could come out with nonsense and still sell because they have a young and trending fan base. D'banj is old now at 34 years and so are most of the people that listen to his music. He needs to step up to something mature and more spiritual like 2face or he'll lose it completely. Don Jazzy has an edge as a producer and he signed Tiwa Savage.
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by dotcomnamename: 8:32am On Jun 18, 2013
tiwasblog: "Blame It On The Money" featuring Big Sean and Snoop Lion is taken from D'Banj's forthcoming album "grin'Kings Men".Enjoy the Good music and share your thoughts..

download and listen here

http://gidimp3ng.com/music-dbanj-blame-it-on-the-money-ft-big-sean-snoop-lion-official-release/

[size=20pt]He stole the song from Durella...
D'banj has ben wack since he left Don baba J
Tell me which of his songs dance-able for club since he left mohits? [/size]
Re: D'banj Ft Big Sean & Snoop Lion - Blame It On The Money by sanity12(m): 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

[size=20pt]He stole the song from Durella...
D'banj has ben wack since he left Don baba J
Tell me which of his songs dance-able for club since he left mohits? [/size]
Pls grow up,so top of d world is wack abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tonic Solfa Of Joy To The World - Christmas Hymn / The Oleku Battle :: Battle Of Who Killed It. Vector Or Iceprince / When Will Nigerian Songs Stop Being About Sex, Money & Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.