Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police (25639 Views)

Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] / Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo female hostel . (pictures) / 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Raypawer(m): 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
The University of Uyo resumes second semester only to spring surprises to the faculty of science students that their lecture venue has been moved to the University's permanet site.

By this, The science faculty students that stayed in school hostel were thrown out of the school hostel.

The school bus that would have served as an alternative means of transportation for students staying off campus but the school authority said that each student has to pay hundred naira before using the school bus that was free.

The students were furious, and protested., there by blocked the Ikot Ekpene road.

Due to this, the police came to calm the situation only to join hands with the security officials in the school to inflict more pain and 3 students has been shot down dead, and there have been duel of gunshot arround the University Town Campus for hours now..

At this the student now took laws into their hands by burning down the VC's office, the Registra's Office and one of the hostels...

An interview with a security officer by plannet fm says that it was the Police that miss fired and said that they are not ready to take responsibility of the action...
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by mtprofessor5(m): 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
but i heard 2 studentz comfirmed dead....

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Edipee(m): 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
Three students have been confirmed death and VC'S office set ablaze!

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by gerrardomendes(m): 10:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
hmmm. 2 years ago it was unical. and now uyo. authorities just have a way of pushing students
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by guy1234: 11:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
Nigerian police again,wen wld they stop killing us?

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Saintsquare(m): 11:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
This is so sad,R.I.P to the dead.

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by chukwuinya: 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
so its happening again
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Ryda(m): 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
Raypawer: The University of Uyo resumes second semester only to spring surprises to the faculty of science students that their lecture venue has been moved to the University's permanet site.

By this, The science faculty students that stayed in school hostel were thrown out of the school hostel.

The school bus that would have served as an alternative means of transportation for students staying off campus but the school authority said that each student has to pay hundred naira before using the school bus that was free.

The students were furious, and protested., there by blocked ikot ekpene road.

Due to this, the police came to calm the situation only to join hands with the security officials in the school to inflict more pain and 3 students has been shot down dead, and there have been duel of gunshot arround the University Town Campus for hours now..

The student now took laws into their hands by burning down the VC's office...

An interview with a security officer by plannet fm says that it was the Police that miss fired and said that they are not ready to take responsibility of the action...

where d source abeq
na dat go make us know if they are takin responsibility of the foolish act or not.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
What will be done to the police men?

What will the court do?

The police is your friend they say.........
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
Police and murder. Someone has to call the police to order. The IG needs to resign, these murders are simply too much.

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by imsuboi(m): 11:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
rhema4u: What will be done to the police men?

What will the court do?

The police is your friend they say.........

NOTHING!
This country is cursed
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Willgates(m): 11:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
J
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Valto(m): 11:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
what a pity...nigerian police always trigger happy... shocked R.I.P to the dead
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
Ryda:

where d source abeq
na dat go make us know if they are takin responsibility of the foolish act or not.

Its true...if you are waiting for source, you will get revised standard versions, remixes, mixed versions and so on. I have already started hearing that its a cultist game. I thank God I came out without a scratch or without loosing anything.

*RIP Hommies
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by justsayemma(m): 11:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
Its so sad. Our police r not professionals,they r not physically n mentally fit,n so insecured,dats y they shoot innocent students,weneva there's a protest.m sori 2 say dis,dats y I didn't pity them,durin the Ombatse incidence.

4 Likes

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by kreamidiva(f): 11:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
This is sad! These v.cs ship their children to schools abroad and mess with us here.God is watching u people o
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Celepope: 11:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
We know their cure.Ombatse for sure.I pity those who were having pity on then when they were massacred.They deserve no mercy.I will disown any of my relation that enlists into that God forsaken profession
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by OuchDaddy(m): 11:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sentiments apart! This is really crazy! How &Why should Policemen shoot at students?? Even in d intense turkey protests, de (Policemen) didn't shoot at citizens..talkmore of innocent students!! The Trigger-happy Policemen should be brought to Jusice! Nairaland English & blah-blah-blah apart!! This is outrageous!!
On the students part!! Paying ₦200 daily on fares didn't warrant d protests, ur sch SUG shld hv resolved dat amicably wit the school authorities, now 3 students wit bright future's in this crazy country re Dead!! If Uniuyo students are complaining of ₦200 daily as fares rate, Those in Private institution's nkor?? *sighs!!

3 Likes

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Mavor: 11:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
i hope those cult boys come out and do their thing, not against the students or innocents.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by kreamidiva(f): 11:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
The other day,i saw an old school mate of mine who went mad due to abuse of Indian hemp.my dear ppl of nairaland,d guy was wearing police uniform! If he's called in to calm students down n his koloness starts,what do u think wil happen

2 Likes

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 12, 2013
Nigeria we hail thee.

1 Like

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 12, 2013
Ouch_Daddy: Sentiments apart! This is really crazy! How &Why should Policemen shoot at students?? Even in d intense turkey protests, de (Policemen) didn't shoot at citizens..talkmore of innocent students!! The Trigger-happy Policemen should be brought to Jusice! Nairaland English & blah-blah-blah apart!! This is outrageous!!
On the students part!! Paying ₦200 daily on fares didn't warrant d protests, ur sch SUG shld hv resolved dat amicably wit the school authorities, now 3 students wit bright future's in this crazy country re Dead!! If Uniuyo students are complaining of ₦200 daily as fares rate, Those in Private institution's nkor?? *sighs!!

Is the SUG functioning? The previous SUG president had a fall out with the VC because he opposed the increament of school fees. This one was given gifts when he resumed office...that tells a lot. And besides, they paid for transportation in their school fees.

I heard Uyo High School and Technical College rioted earlier in the day...any confirmation please?
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by billios: 11:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
Five students (5) has been confirmed death as at now,
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
I watch protesters fight policemen and even injuring them on aljazeera,cnn almost on daily basis and yet none of these protesters are killed by their police force.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Paschal007: 12:04am On Jun 13, 2013
Nigerian police is just messed up. I hate staying around those people. How can they go around shooting at protesters? Do we even have trained riot police in this country?

I hope those responsible for the murder of those students are brought to justice. Tufiakwa!
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:13am On Jun 13, 2013
justsayemma: Its so sad. Our police r not professionals,they r not physically n mentally fit,n so insecured,dats y they shoot innocent students,weneva there's a protest.m sori 2 say dis,dats y I didn't pity them,durin the Ombatse incidence.
me too i hate them
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Bashirfuntua(m): 12:15am On Jun 13, 2013
when is this con3 go back to normal peace? I'm very sure that those police men that did this did not attend secondary school talkless tertiary institute. This most be jearlose
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 13, 2013
This matter shouldn't go unresolved. Those policemen Must be brought to justice or the IG should resign. Enough is Enough. Dear uyo students, if your SUG isnt competent, They should also be removed.
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Bashirfuntua(m): 12:17am On Jun 13, 2013
ombatse carry go
Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Curiouscity(m): 12:22am On Jun 13, 2013
Ouch_Daddy: Sentiments apart! This is really crazy! How &Why should Policemen shoot at students?? Even in d intense turkey protests, de (Policemen) didn't shoot at citizens..talkmore of innocent students!! The Trigger-happy Policemen should be brought to Jusice! Nairaland English & blah-blah-blah apart!! This is outrageous!!

This is what happens in a country with NO defined principles. If certain services are to be free then they must be free and accessible to all, if they are to be paid for then we are well informed. But here in naija, we are made to believe that the society owe us as students. This is because many who are not even at our academic level are having it free.
There is no good and reliable channel to address grievances aside protests. IMO, #200 shouldn't be much to warrant a protest if the issue is properly handled and not given to the students as a shock. They should have been informed of the changes before the beginning of the semester.
UniUyo is within the city, any demonstration is easily hijacked by "area boys", so the students should have tried other means of addressing this issue. Lots of questions begging for answers!!
But so sad that students lost their lives cry

2 Likes

Re: 3 University Of Uyo Students Killed By Police by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 13, 2013
Nig

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adult Education: I Am Still Proud Of My Department Despite The Negative Comments / Reasons Why Students Fail In Their First Year / BREAKING: Resumption Date For Pry, Sec Schools Changed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.