Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police (1578 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Discover Boko Haram Bomb Making Factory In Yobe (photos) / Boko Haram 'Bomb Maker' Arrested In Yobe / Only Suicide Bomber Died In Gombe New Year Blast - Police Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by ochejoseph(m): 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has expressed his
dismay that the most senior officials of many of
Nigeria’s military and para-militaary security
agencies are incompetent and do not merit their
positions; thus leading to a dismal performance
by the agencies.
The president, who stated this while inaugurating
the Police Service Commission on Wednesday at
the State House, Abuja, called for a total overhaul
of the security agencies, and charged the
commission to flush out the bad eggs in the
police.
He charged the new police commission chairman,
Mike Okiro, and the other five members, to instil
discipline in the force and ensure that
promotions are done purely on merit.
Mr. Jonathan said indiscipline and irregularities
in staff promotion exercises were a major
problem in military and para-military agencies.
“I believe there are two things, one is the issue of
discipline, and so one of the responsibilities of
the Police Service Commission is to instil
discipline. Another thing I believe is that people
who have no merit to certain ranks are being
promoted to those ranks.
“One of your responsibilities is to handle
promotion. I believe with you only those who
merit or deserve promotion should be
promoted. Those who deserve to be disciplined
or even dismissal must be disciplined,” the
president said.
Unqualified immigration
To justify his claim of incompetent individuals
heading Nigeria’s security agencies, the president
made reference to the recent screening and
review process of six candidates for the post of
the Comptroller General of the Nigeria
Immigration Service. He said most of the six
were not only undeserving of the position they
were nominated for, but should have been
sacked from the service.
“Few days back I did approve the new
comptroller general of immigration, …, of about
six that were to be reviewed, some were sent
from the ministry, some were picked from
amongst the most senior.
“When we reviewed the six, from my intelligent
investigation most of them were supposed to
have been dismissed. But those were the people
that were being forwarded for appointment as
Comptroller General of Immigration. Among
them only one is qualified to even stay and serve,
others ordinarily are supposed to be dismissed
from the records,” the president said.
The President had on Tuesday approved the
immediate retirement of five deputy comptroller
general of immigration service. Those affected
were R.B. Musa, Denen Akaa, F.T. Mologe, Umar
Suleiman, and Kuso Abubakar Khalil. It is not
clear if or why the president did not demand that
the officials be prosecuted for whatever crimes
they committed to warrant their dismissal.
Mr. Jonathan said he believed that the
immigration case was similar to what obtained in
other security agencies.
“I believe that the story of Immigration is the
same with most of our services. I believe that is
why the performance of some of our military and
para-military officers is abysmal, because the
yardstick being used for promotion is not based
on competence, merit and performance.
“And that is one area I believe you (the police
commission) will go into. People who are
promoted to assistant police commissioner and
above must merit the rank. If you don’t merit the
rank you should be retired from the service
because is better for you not have enough
manpower than for you to have viruses and all
kinds of characters in the police force,” he said.
The president said that Nigerians were beginning
to lose confidence in the Nigerian Police.
“You will agree with me that Nigerians don’t have
so much confidence in the Nigerian police but
Nigerian police are good. The Nigerian Police that
work outside under United Nations are highly
honoured, highly commended and Okiro will
agree with me. But once we come back home that
is not reflected in what we do,” he said.
Advised to sack senior officers
The president also revealed that he was advised
to sack all senior police officers working at the
police headquarters.
“Even now that we have challenges, you will see
that, especially when the Police Headquarters
was bombed, some people came to me and say
Mr. President sack all police officers working in
that place from Assistant Commissioner of Police
and above.
“I did not sack any because of that incident. But
that was the advice I got; that if you do that
subsequent people that would be posted there
will sit up. How could the police allow their
headquarters to be bombed by a very local group
called Boko Haram?” he said.
Mr. Jonathan also advised Mr. Okiro and his
team to review the command structure in the
police.
“The Federal Executive Council, maybe in the
next one or two weeks we, are going to look at
the report because we want to come up with a
white paper on the police reform report.
“But since we have just appointed you we give
you privilege to look that document before we
come out with a white paper. So that if there is a
suggestion that you will bring, you bring it so that
it will be part of the white paper since you are the
one to manage the police.
“It is only proper that you and I will think alike
and be on the same page, because we need to
reform the Nigerian police for a better service
for us all. I believe with you working with the
Inspector General of Police and other senior
police officers, Nigeria police will be a better
force,” Mr. Jonathan stated
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by idlaw2k3(m): 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
This is something almost all Nigerians Know. Most top military personnel are there because of who they know
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by boladez(m): 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
If all these came out of the mouth of GEJ, then the man is getting better. Thumbs up but please follow through with action

2 Likes

Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by ochejoseph(m): 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
New improved GEJ! No nonsense
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
I'm speechless. I can only pray that God should grant you Mr President the enabling grace to transform this country. May God restore the glory of Nigeria in your time.

Click 'LIKE' to say AMEN to this prayer!

8 Likes

Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
ochejoseph: New improved GEJ! No nonsense

Say no more bruv. Enemies are being put to shame.

1 Like

Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by doctokwus: 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
His intelligence gathering either falls short,as expected,or conveniently overlooked d profile of mike okiro who is one of d pple dat shudnt av reached where he did in d first place.So how can a competency challenged former IG reform d police.Laughable!
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Peterwins(m): 9:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
“Few days back I did approve the new
comptroller general of immigration, …, of about
six that were to be reviewed, some were sent
from the ministry, some were picked from
amongst the most senior.
“When we reviewed the six, from my intelligent
investigation most of them were supposed to
have been dismissed. But those were the people
that were being forwarded for appointment as
Comptroller General of Immigration.

The result of quota system. However quota system should not be an excuse for mediocrity.
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Peterwins(m): 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
How could the police allow their
headquarters to be bombed by a very local group
called Boko Haram?” he said.

Very sad. However they (Boko Haram) are a very local group with international affiliation.
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Toktee(m): 10:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
Incompetent people,appointed by an incompetent president

1 Like

Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 13, 2013
I have to put my "hatred" for GEJ aside and support him on this one.

The Police should allow only International groups to bomb them.
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by sultaan(m): 12:57am On Jun 13, 2013
What about his NSA?

I bet he forgot the process that got him presidency grin
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 13, 2013
Hehehehehe GEJ has finally woken up from slumber & talking like a president. It's just that Okiro falls into the group he is speaking about.
This is like the earth running away to gather as mound, which makes the previous running useless.
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Mustay(m): 3:05am On Jun 13, 2013
This topic is misleading. He only chastized the NPF for the bomb blast, not "how could you allow BH do this or that?"

Anyway, with all he said here, I wish the same could've been done in appointing the NPA Chairman and other establishments too.

Btw, if 5 people no qualify for Imigration Deputy CGIs were retired, na who else remainn but the last man standing?
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by cashflowpc(m): 3:34am On Jun 13, 2013
Okay
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 13, 2013
Nigerian people and their foolishness

Their banal "how did you let...." Reprimand flies out their mouth faster than their neurons can connect.

The police didnt let anything......their incompetence and low graded equipment failed their security.
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Nobody: 3:55am On Jun 13, 2013
Nigerian Leaders with talktalk and No action !!!

Nigeria is one of the foremost country with conferences,symposiums,workshops,gathering,adhoc commitee under sub-commitee of a commitee all Na Talk Talk Talk ........where the problem lies is implementing what has been talked,said and resolved ..... Na ihm gbege go come hapun !!!

Hmmm,See how GEJ talked now,e no sweet everybody belle ? Hmmm, oya make he ihmself and okiro's team come implement wetin dey don talk now, na ihn kasala go hapun........

Nigerian leaders mouth too sweet choi shocked !!!
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by oilyngbati3(m): 3:58am On Jun 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Nigerian people and their foolishness

Their banal "how did you let...." Reprimand flies out their mouth faster than their neurons can connect.

The police didnt let anything......their incompetence and low graded equipment failed their security.
The hell is this batty gal talking about? undecided Stick to romance section and leave this political section for stable minds angry Idiootic batty gal!
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Nobody: 4:02am On Jun 13, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
The hell is this batty gal talking about? undecided Stick to romance section and leave this political section for stable minds angry Idiootic batty gal!

Stick to the sexually frustrated section for all i care. Im not your father, control yourself puzzieazz flatheaded ngga
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by oilyngbati3(m): 4:06am On Jun 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Stick to the sexually frustrated section for all i care. Im not your father, control yourself puzzieazz flatheaded ngga
grin grin grin You are an empty-headed batty gal! I can tell you are a very slow who.re and must have been born deformed going by your incoherent rants. You seldom make any meaningful sentence....batty gal! Little wonder this site is dying 'cos batty gals like you abound here angry
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Nobody: 4:07am On Jun 13, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
grin grin grin You are an empty-headed batty gal! I can tell you are a very slow who.re and must have been born deformed going by your incoherent rants. You seldom make any meaningful sentence....batty gal grin

And your head is filled with fish oil....keep singing, my ngga
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by oilyngbati3(m): 4:11am On Jun 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

And your head is filled with fish oil....keep singing, my ngga
You are an oily-soup-eating batty gal! You are just tooooooo slow. I can tell you're one of those high school dropouts due to having babies out of wedlock. Batty gal
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Nobody: 4:11am On Jun 13, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
You are an oily-soup-eating batty gal! You are just tooooooo slow. I can tell you're one of those high school dropout due to having babies out of wedlock. Batty gal

You still sucking my dciiik tho....best you like it in your an us too. Bytchhhh oily_mess le puta
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by oilyngbati3(m): 4:13am On Jun 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

You still sucking my dciiik tho....best you like it in your an us too. Bytchhhh
grin grin grin grin Batty gal! It seems you like getting ana.lly abused by your girlfriend via rusty dildoz grin grin. Little wonder you are diseased infested grin
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Nobody: 4:15am On Jun 13, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
grin grin grin grin Batty gal! It seems you like getting ana.lly abused by your girlfriend via rusty dildoz grin grin. Little wonder you are diseased infested grin

Yes, keep telling me how you like it, puta. I'll fcukkk that puzzie of yours real good. You gon call me daddy biggy biggy, you puzzie azz ngga.
I'll make that puzzie of yours look like an oily leather bag when I'm done with you
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by oilyngbati3(m): 4:18am On Jun 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Yes, keep telling me how you like it, puta. I'll fcukkk that puzzie of yours real good. You gon call me daddy biggy biggy, you puzzie azz ngga.
I'll make that puzzie of yours look like an oily leather bag when I'm done with you
More incoherent rants from a sex-starved Yoruba-batty gal grin. You are just toooooooo slowwwwwwww grin grin grin
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Nobody: 4:20am On Jun 13, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
More incoherent rants from a sex-starved Yoruba-batty gal grin. You are just toooooooo slowwwwwwww grin grin grin

Yesss bytchhhh keep coming to papa
I'll push my dciik so far in you that that flat portion of your head will come out looking good as new
Puzzie azz oily smelly israel-flag carrying apku tout like you
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by oilyngbati3(m): 4:25am On Jun 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Yesss bytchhhh keep coming to papa
I'll push my dciik so far in you that that flat portion of your head will come out looking good as new
Puzzie azz oily smelly israel-flag carrying apku tout like you
Cheeeiiiih! grin grin grin grin I'm having fun with this oily-soup-eating batty gal grin grin. Seems like it's been a while since you got any insertion in that your deflated puzzzziiiiieeee grin. All you've been getting is an@l abuse. Eyaaaa, pele o! Brainless batty gal grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Eat some amala and ewedu for consolation grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by Nobody: 4:28am On Jun 13, 2013
oily-Yoruba:
Cheeeiiiih! grin grin grin grin I'm having fun with this oily-soup-eating batty gal grin grin. Seems like it's been a while since you got any insertion in that your deflated puzzzziiiiieeee grin. All you've been getting is an@l abuse. Eyaaaa, pele o! Brainless batty gal grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Eat some amala and ewedu for consolation grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

C'mon ngga, bend that puzzie like a typical ibo maid.....oil that shoit up and let a Yoruba koboko slap that meat up real good
That's your dream, aint it niggarette? To have your puzzie pounded by an amala chopping goliath?
Ewoooooooo no Anambra you dey? Come to Lagos na
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by oilyngbati3(m): 4:33am On Jun 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

C'mon ngga, bend that puzzie like a typical ibo maid.....oil that shoit up and let a Yoruba koboko slap that meat up real good
That's your dream, aint it niggarette? To have your puzzie pounded by an amala chopping goliath?
Ewoooooooo no Anambra you dey? Come to Lagos na
grin grin grin This yari.ba batty gal don finish for yankee. You are a confirmed crack head and a batty gal. You have been so an.ally abused with all sorts of filthy objects...thanks to cheap crack. You must be looking like Majek Fashek grin grin. Brainless batty gal!
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by confidant: 4:38am On Jun 13, 2013
'godfatherism'is the word. If you do not have it in the military, it will be an unfortunate career/service for you unfortunately.
This too must change if truly we are serious but ..... You know the rest.
Re: How Could You Allow Boko Haram Bomb Your HQ . GEJ Blast Police by dayokanu(m): 4:41am On Jun 13, 2013
Maybe they should also ask Retardeen how he allowed the country to deteriorate under his watch

Does the buck not stop at your table President Retardeen? If the Police are not competent then fire them.

Well since the President is a clueless alcoholic who is on perpetual hangover how can we get any different

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Brand Of Democracy VS Military Government, Which Is Better? / Aregbesola's Terrorists Arrested / Quotes of Prominent Nigeria Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.