Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Nissan Altima Low Rev Issue Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Altima Low Rev Issue Help (1024 Views)

2005 Nissan Altima Vs 2005 Toyota Camry / Help: 07/08 Camry Starts And Idles But Won't Rev / Help! Service Engine Soon 4 Nissan Altima 2000 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Altima Low Rev Issue Help by austin4real(m): 4:46am On Jun 13, 2013
I have a 2002 nissan altima, the issue is dat once I start the vehicle the RPM is always very low, it falls between 0-1 on the rpm gauge, Note: Whenever I start It without revving a little, the vehicle goes off, so I have to pump the gas a little to keep the vehicle running. Wat can be done to fix this issue
Re: Nissan Altima Low Rev Issue Help by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
Is the SES light on? If so scan for error codes. It could be anything relating to air (MAF/Oxygen sensors), power (knock/rev sensors) or fuel (fuel pump) issues.
Re: Nissan Altima Low Rev Issue Help by sultaan(m): 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2013
Vacuum leak should be first check, then inspect clean the throttle body,maf,air filter, iac.This is part of normal service

If you don't get any code check online for the crank, camshaft position sensor problem with your model, you just have to compare symptoms. right now the symptom is that of bad air/fuel ratio.

The first question I should have asked is what did you/your mechanic do to the car just before this problem started(it could be your driver or wie that had something fixe)
Re: Nissan Altima Low Rev Issue Help by austin4real(m): 2:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
@ sultan, the mechanic I took it to told me he is gonna use a computer to adjust the rpm sensor or sumfin, cos he changed the air flow meter, which didn't solve the problem
Re: Nissan Altima Low Rev Issue Help by issy1500: 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
If this happen only at start up and you have multiple cylinder misfire, I will advice you check your Distributor Cap but if the case is that it happens at startup or at stop light and you will av to giv gas for the vehicle not to go off then check ur Idle Air control Valve. Shikena

(1) (Reply)

India Hotel Valet Crashes Lamborghini / Sign Of A Worn Clutch / I Got Water In My Tank After Buying Fuel From A Fuel Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.