Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,947 members, 7,814,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: (2591 Views)

Econet Acquires Premier League Free-to-air Rights In Africa / Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by urfriend(m): 7:24pm On May 06, 2008
hi all,hitv has just won the tv broadcast rights for the UEFA champions league,uefa cup and uefa super cup for nigeria[exclusively].rights starts august 2009.
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by const6(m): 10:56am On May 07, 2008
Is it august 2009 or august 2008

Clearify this please
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by Zedman(m): 11:10am On May 07, 2008
Yeah are we saying from august 2008 through 2009 or just 2009 till 2010,please be more exact
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by folem: 3:01pm On May 07, 2008
When will HiTV win rights to show any Nigerian Sport?

Charity begins @ home.
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by urfriend(m): 7:36pm On May 07, 2008
hi,am sure if u check my post u will see i wrote august 2009.meaning [august 2009 to may 2011].espn till has one more season to go with their rights.also hitv has won the carling cup tv rights.

@ folem,
till when all the sports bodys in nigeria organized them selfs.gtv paid over $2.7million for the ghana's football league,because the ghana fa know what it wants.let the nigeria sports bodies put them self in order.
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by folem: 3:16pm On May 08, 2008
urfriend:

@ folem,
till when all the sports bodys in nigeria organized them selfs.gtv paid over $2.7million for the ghana's football league,because the ghana fa know what it wants.let the nigeria sports bodies put them self in order.

Glo did not wait for an "utopian" level of organisation by the sports bodies in Nigeria before it put some good money down. Glo signed a N3.5 Billion (US$29 Million) for the title sponsorship of Nigeria Football league.

Other TV stations are supporting other African Leagues on TV too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/7106171.stm
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by Mustay(m): 12:07pm On May 09, 2008
KEEP ON CONCENTRATING ON FOOTBALL.

POOR THEM
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by urfriend(m): 7:41pm On May 09, 2008
hi mustay,do u ever read comments b4 u reply?,have i not been saying that soon,hitv will soon add more channels[zee cinema,foxnews,BET,setanta africa,kidsco,discovery knowlege,kennis music channel,foxsports,mtvbase,biscomtv,a new foreign movie channel to be announced soon,etc.]plus lots of great new contents.see press for details soon.
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by niyi09(m): 8:16pm On May 09, 2008
@urfriend, how come hitv wants to addd mtvbase again, u were d one that told us here that hitv would not add mtvbase because of a problem with dstv and i ope all other channels would be added soon cos we are tird of waiting
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by urfriend(m): 2:46pm On May 10, 2008
hi niyi,hitv had alway had mtvbase.when u sign for mtvbase it comes with nickledoen.they just had issues arising from clean feed from mtv.
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by niyi09(m): 12:16pm On May 12, 2008
when are we going to see all this new channels.premiership is over
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by ayusman16(m): 12:26pm On May 12, 2008
Hopefully, before Jesus comes. angry HiTrash!
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by niyi09(m): 2:59pm On May 12, 2008
amen amen amen amen amen amen
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by urfriend(m): 8:03pm On May 12, 2008
well niyi and co,u guys can say all u want to,but the fact is hitv is growing and gaining grounds.but hope when they reach ur perfect ratings u will praise them.
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by femo7(m): 11:05am On May 13, 2008
urfriend, i like u because u know how to dodge questions. Now, please give us answer to this question:

WHEN IS hitv ADDING THE NEW CHANNELS U LISTED ?
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by bluehorizo(m): 12:31pm On May 13, 2008
femo7:

urfriend, i like u because u know how to dodge questions. Now, please give us answer to this question:

WHEN IS hitv ADDING THE NEW CHANNELS You LISTED ?

Today,today.

The EPL season is over now. I wonder what is left on HITV. Shiooooooooooooo
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by Mustay(m): 1:18am On May 15, 2008
@ urfriend, i should be asking you the same. What's the objective of hitv? Is't just to gain rights and then calm us with 'new stations'? The stations are not even managed effectively and there are no programme of events. They 'd better focus on what should be done cos the market ain't just for football lovers.
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by femo7(m): 7:48am On May 15, 2008
really, i don't know if comments posted in this thread gets to any of the hiTrash (i mean hitv) company cos if they do, they ought to have turned a new leaf,
the dth business is not all about winning rights but about acquiring good contents and quality programming presented to the subscribers at the right time.

Hitv should understand that the DTH business is more about satisfying subscribers in terms giving them value for their money.

Let's wait n see what comes up.
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by Zedman(m): 9:26am On May 15, 2008
Hi urfriend grin,
Is Hitv going to be showing the EURO 2008 competition?
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by sfinxone(m): 11:21am On May 15, 2008
Is it just me or has anyone noticed how Governments are biased towards certain issues. Everyone keeps talking about Monopoly being bad for Business cos the consumer is short-changed. How come that principle doesn't apply to television and other areas. I mean if companies are allowed to bid for and obtain sole rights to certain channels or events, isn't that creating a monopoly?.

Why wont a fixed price be set and any company with the money can pay for the channels or events, wont that be fair practice! Cos that sure as hell is the only way competition will thrive in The DTH market.

If DSTV, HITV, TRENDTV, MYTV all had the same opportunity to get any channel or event on there bouquet, believe me everyone "for dey watch PREMIERSHIP, DISCOVERY, e.tc. cos the price must have gone down by now, "
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by vikiviko(m): 11:15am On May 19, 2008
Hitv as really done well, though the quality of there service is sometimes suspect.

DSTV will soon leave nigeria
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by niyi09(m): 10:54am On May 22, 2008
Ur friend, where art thou.no new channels or new contents yet.premier league is over
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by urfriend(m): 7:16pm On May 22, 2008
niyi09,how will u see the new contents when u don't watch.u always with to pick on every fault of hitv.it took dstv over 1month to solve issues with thier new decorders and now for over 5weeks now they till don't have dishes.but is anyone picking on it.hitv is not near just 4 now but for many years,so pls give them time.when it's time to add the new channels u will find out.they are working on some technical issues.
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by folem: 10:08am On May 23, 2008
urfriend:

@ folem,

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/static/news/article.php?id=1880

NFA sign N1 billion deal with DAAR/AIT

The NFA and DAAR Communications on Tuesday in Abuja formally signed a four-year contract worth N1 billion (US$ 8 Million) for the broadcast rights to games involving all the national teams.
NFA chairman, Sani Lulu Abdullahi said at the contract signing ceremony that the deal was worth N250 million (US$ 2 Million) a year, and will run until 2011.

Other stations are also supporting Nigerian football unlike HiTV.

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/static/news/article.php?id=1477
Re: Hitv Wins Uefa Champions League Tv Rights: by urfriend(m): 10:10pm On May 23, 2008
hi folam,ait want to spent money that;s their problem.remember ait is 14years so it is good 4 them.hitv will only buy what they feel is good 4 them.remeber it is not the 1st time ait will sign a deal with nfa.

(1) (Reply)

Cartoon Network. / Casting Call For Feature Film In Toronto, Canada. / The Expendables 3 Disscusion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.