Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,886 members, 7,956,346 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:21 AM

United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] (1744 Views)

Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom / Most Likely Questions On US Student Visa Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] by uslomonlo: 8:03pm On May 06, 2008
guyz i saw these in tryin to google some info on my visa interview.
these are likely questions at the interview.any experienced persn in the house should be free to give US VO standard answers to them.
thank yu real good in advance

PS.the first link is a good one for student visa interviewees but the page is copyrighted that's why i coulnot put the questions on this post.avail yourself of it and remember to provide some answers that the VO(visa officers) wants to hear.Hoping to read from you soon buddies

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/studentvisa/interview-tips.html

http://www.path2usa.com/immigration/visitorvisa/inter_preparation.htm#1

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-101604.32.html

http://www.smu.edu/international/visatips.asp
Re: United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] by uslomonlo: 8:06pm On May 06, 2008
hey guyz,

i got many of this link by typing "usa visa interview tips" in google

try it you could even come up with something better.

be kind to remember to share with us buddy

Warm Regards
Re: United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] by Goshen360(m): 4:35pm On May 09, 2008
uslomonlo:

hey guys,

i got many of this link by typing "usa visa interview tips" in google

try it you could even come up with something better.

be kind to remember to share with us buddy

Warm Regards

uslomonlo, i really appreciate all these links. They have being so helpful i must confess even though i also make research and i have being to the US embassy to apply for student visa but was denied then. Am planning another trip soonest and i also make research with answers but yours have been a contribution to my knowledge.

A jo n lo US ni oooooo, so am uslomonlo2, email me my guy and add me to your msg list, i am ready to share travelling view with you since we both have same ambition, we shall both get there and many others that are interested, goshen360@yahoo.co.uk, chat id: goshen360. Pls add me and i will respond same.

Nothing do us oooooo, One Love!
Re: United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] by akannidvd: 5:12pm On May 10, 2008
Good to see guys in d same situation, i've gotten my i-20 and requested for an appointment date yesterday, cos i heard interview dates are usually hard to get around this period, still waiting to get one though. Lets keep ds running so we can rub minds. All D best! u can e-mail me at akannidvd@yahoo.com
Re: United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] by Goshen360(m): 7:55pm On May 10, 2008
akannidvd:

Good to see guys in d same situation, i've gotten my i-20 and requested for an appointment date yesterday, because i heard interview dates are usually hard to get around this period, still waiting to get one though. Lets keep ds running so we can rub minds. All D best! u can e-mail me at akannidvd@yahoo.com

its good to have you in same shoe too. I have attended US student visa b4 and know all what it takes to answer questions. pls email me and let me know your degree u are applying for and ur age and i can really advice you on like questions to be asked and the right answers to give. goshen360@yahoo.co.uk

Good luck
Re: United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] by debouy: 11:45am On May 13, 2008
hey Guys,
Pls i am in the process of applying for the u.s student visa too although i havent received my 1-20 yet.pls what are d likely questions.
Re: United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] by uslomonlo: 6:55am On May 14, 2008
guyz,

i scheduled my interview yesterday online and i chose june 3rd.my advice is this once you get ur I-20 form fill the ds 156 form online,ds 158 and if you are male fill ds 157 (i stand to be corrected).

you will need the bar code number generated on the ds 156 form to schedule your appointment.although on us embassy website it was stated that you can only schedule appointment by 10:00 am mondays but i did mine tuesday.the trick is keep checking

anyway goshen i must say it was you that inspired my post in the first place because i read so much of your posts they were not only educative but .

i was told by my uncle who has traveled several times that if you have a genuine interest getting a visa e.g study you should not have a problem getting it.

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GO TO THE US LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR EVERY MORNING AND SAY "I, AM GOING TO ENTR THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA THIS FALL"just my style
Re: United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] by uslomonlo: 6:57am On May 14, 2008
goshen i mean your post were not only educative but inspiring.
Thanks man
Re: United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] by ernal(m): 12:29am On Jun 02, 2008
Good Luck and Please share some experience when your back.All the best.
Re: United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] by akannidvd: 6:19am On Jun 05, 2008
uslomonlo, i would really like to know d outcome of your interview and the guestions u were asked plus your answers because i'm in a similar situation, i.ve got a RA and i'll be appearing soon. thanks
Re: United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] by Omasanka: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2008
hey guys, does anybody know what is the waiting time for the appointment at th american embassy? and how long do I have to wait for my passport to be returned after I had my Student visa appointment? thanks
Re: United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] by uslomonlo: 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2008
hey,
i just collected my VISA today at the embassy.

one conclusion i have come to is when God is on your side you are getting it.
then another thing AMERICA as a people love the truth and conduct themselves in whatever they want to do that way same for VISA. i discover that if you are genuine you have a 90% chance of getting the VISA.

akannidvd

congrat on ur admission if you already have RA then you do not need to worry too much

just make sure all your document are complete.

first i guess the guy(VO) was even ready to give me the VISA when he saw my documents.

he was just asking me questions for formality.
the ffg are the questions and answers are in bracket

what did you do underG(chemical engr)

what do you paln to study in your grad sch(phd chemical engineering)

i was asked what my research is ?sadbioremediation)

what is bioremediation?(use of organism to return the environment to its initial state)

how do u want to use your degree?(come to solve environmental problem in niger delta)

how many years do you plan to spend?(5 years)

how do you intend to finance your study?
when he asked me the question i was suprised i was like can't you read the i-20 i already have funding
but you know i said"ha ha it's on the i-20 now i am on scholarship".

he then told me that he needed to verify if i am familiar with what's on my i-20

but in retrospect that kind of attitude from me was a minus and i must say i just got favoured.and probably because of his first impression of my straight record he was going to give me anyway

then for those that need to book appointment for august you may not be able to get a date online by yourself.you may

have to go to the embassy and meet with the guyz there at the gate they can be of help.although for a fees.they were

actually of help to me when i had an issue with my appointment at the embassy.

i can go on and on but you know what USLOMONLO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO july 29th 2008.

Omasanka:
after you book an appointment appear on the day and time and they will call you in.it's pretty fast compare to before(anyway this is my first time).after being successful at the VISA interview give them like 2-3 working days.infact the Visa officer will tell you when to come for your VISA
Re: United States Of America(let's Go Together) [b]us Student Visa Interview[b] by uniqueman(m): 2:53am On Jul 23, 2008
uslomonlo, congratulations on your visa. Was your interview at the Lagos or Abuja embassy? Also, I'd like to email you. Mine is uunikman@yahoo.com. Please let me have your email addy or/and 'phone number. Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Getting To Ile-ife From Onitsha / Is Ibadan Safe To Live In With My Australian Wife? Which Area Has Steady Power / Mandillas Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.