Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine (14224 Views)

NSCDC Arrests Two With Fake Naira Note (photos) / NDLEA Arrests Two Suspects For Cocaine Trafficking (Pictured) / India Arrests Two Nigerians On Their Way To Join ISIS (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Etumgbe(m): 8:33am On Jun 13, 2013
BY LAWANI MIKAIRU
LAGOS — Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, MMIA, Lagos have arrested two brothers for being in possession of 430 grammes of powdery substance that tested positive for cocaine.

According to Mr Ofoyeju Mitchell, Head, Public Affairs of NDLEA, the drug was hidden inside shoe sole and detected during the outward screening of Etihad passenger flight to India.

He said: “The first suspect, Okechukwu Samson Agwueze, 23, was arrested when the drug was found inside the sole of the shoe he wore during the screening. His cousin, Ogbonna Onwumere, 38, who sponsored his trip, was also arrested and currently being interrogated by narcotic investigators.”

NDLEA Commander at the Lagos Airport, Mr Hamza Umar, expressed delight over the seizure, saying: “It is gratifying that the cocaine which was concealed inside the sole of a shoe worn by the suspect was promptly detected. The second suspect who procured the travel documents and facilitated the drug deal was equally apprehended.”

Okechukwu Samson, who is a casual worker, looked remorseful and said his regret was that his cousin lured him into drug trafficking.

His words: “I work in construction sites as a labourer to earn a living. I had wanted to travel out of the country in search of greener pastures but I was swindled of my hard earned N360,000 while trying to get my travel documents.

“My cousin, Ogbonna Onwumere promised to sponsor me to India so that I can work and further my education. He invited me to Lagos that everything was set for me to travel and gave me the shoe to wear that mine was old. He never told me there was drug in it.”

The cousin, Ogbonna who is an importer of textiles said that he wanted to use Okechukwu to smuggle the drugs to India.

“I wanted to use him to smuggle the drugs because I used my money in processing his travel documents. I was doing him a favour but I will have to get my money back. Why must I sponsor him if there is no benefit” he stated.

Both suspects are from Enugu State.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/ndlea-arrests-two-brothers-with-cocaine/
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 13, 2013
Ihe nwanne na eme nwanne! Choi, ogaranu akporo ofu onye aboki kpanye ya d ntu n'aka gagharia. 21years behind bars for two brothers nawa o.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Wendyslim(f): 9:07am On Jun 13, 2013
Chai. I feel for dir parents oooooo. So dem dey go eat beans wey get Kokoro and big big stone be dat. I pray others will learn

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by ecosanders: 9:15am On Jun 13, 2013
chidindufrank: Ihe nwanne na eme nwanne! Choi, ogaranu akporo ofu onye aboki kpanye ya d ntu n'aka gagharia. 21years behind bars for two brothers nawa o.
wetin dis 1 dey yarn?

8 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by ecosanders: 9:16am On Jun 13, 2013
chidindufrank: Ihe nwanne na eme nwanne! Choi, ogaranu akporo ofu onye aboki kpanye ya d ntu n'aka gagharia. 21years behind bars for two brothers nawa o.
wetin dis 1 dey yarn? No b una way?
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by achi4u(m): 9:21am On Jun 13, 2013
hahahaha gringrin agu idi egwu!

na d tin wey insoppose. do nah
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by iamswizz(m): 3:03pm On Jun 13, 2013
no tribal comments ... pls oo

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2013
They didn't kill anybody
They didn't do rituals with their neighbors body
They are not mutilating patients or selling body parts at Jankara market

They are not using human intestines for stew to cure impotence

Na commodity dem dey transport
Cigarettes have killed more people than cocaine
So have alcohol

Some countries have legalized cocaine sef

There are worse crime o jare
The leaders are a million times worse than those two boys

28 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by DICKtator: 3:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
Wendyslim: Chai. I feel for dir parents oooooo. So dem dey go eat beans wey get Kokoro and big big stone be dat. I pray others will learn
You either work in Prison or you are an ex-convict with this your air-of-finality food choices for the soon-to-be-prisoners
grin grin grin grin
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Burger01(m): 3:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
Okechukwu Samson Agwueze, 23 and Ogbonna Onwumere, 38.

OK NOTED..

sad

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
babyosisi: They didn't kill anybody

They are not using him an intestines or stew to cure impotence

Cigarettes have killed more people that cocaine
So have alcohol

yes, illegal commodities. Biko, which country don legalize concaine?
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by ifyalways(f): 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
This is so sad.
I hope someone somewhere would read this and decide to do the right thing with his life.
Life na jeje,money is just paper.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
Crime by implication. If only he knew that what he was looking for was right around him; now the greener pastures might be jail.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
babyosisi: They didn't kill anybody

They are not using human intestines or stew to cure impotence

Cigarettes have killed more people that cocaine
So have alcohol

The leaders are a million times worse than those two boys

Arent you a christian woman?

Is sin not sin?

The damage that their drugs do to a community is far worse than any common crime. Go to a black community and see the effect of drug dealing.

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by gbadexy(m): 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
Since the guy was genuinely innocent and his cousin has made confessional statement corroborating his claim, then there shouldn't be problem.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by ichommy(m): 3:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
Big Gobe!
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by baby124: 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
“I wanted to use him to smuggle the drugs because I used my money in processing his travel documents. I was doing him a favour but I will have to get my money back. Why must I sponsor him if there is no benefit” he stated.

Cousin from hell. Who needs enemies when you have family like this. Na wa o.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Army Intercepts 37 Suspected Wives And Children Of Boko Haram Terrorists / N500K Reward For Information On Missing Bukola Olowookere / Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.