Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,167 members, 7,829,174 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine (14233 Views)

NSCDC Arrests Two With Fake Naira Note (photos) / NDLEA Arrests Two Suspects For Cocaine Trafficking (Pictured) / India Arrests Two Nigerians On Their Way To Join ISIS (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 14, 2013
Policewoman: Why must some people always tribalise every thread? Tell me any tribe in Nigeria that doesn't commit crimes?

That's a bit rich coming from you.
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 14, 2013
I'm not surprised that this guy set his cousin up, we've heard of ladies who concealed drugs in their parents' luggage all in the name of money. I hope they free the younger cousin since he wasn't aware of what his cousin hid in the pair of shoes he gave him to wear and the older cousin even confirmed that he hid it there! But I guess the NDLEA guys will like to use the two of them to make money instead of conducting a thorough and timely investigation. The grass ain't really green on the other side afterall undecided
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
pres-elect:
Just as mcDonalds and other fast food centers have contributed indirectly to the death o real millions of people all over the world via heart diseases, diabetes, strokes etc from their high saturated fatty foods and sugar in their foods. Perhaps fast foods should be banned too.

is fast food an illegal substance now? should we also ban cars because many have died while driving a car? should we ban windows in homes because some people fell out of windows?! when did this discussion changed topic? are we not talking about people dealing in ILLEGAL substances?! Cocaine is ILLEGAL in Nigeria (where the guys were traveling from) and also ILLEGAL in India (where the guys were traveling to)

And by the way, cocaine has NEVER led to the death of millions. Perhaps a few thousands here an there but never millions. Unlike the millions that have perished from heart disease, stroke, diabetes, etc of which McDonalds and the other fast foods and coca cola have contributed more than a little. FACT!! cool

again with your off topic stuff. people are dying by the gazillion all around the world and for various causes, and unless it is from ILLEGAL substances, then you have no point here.

also, pls educate yourself on the subject instead of talking about what you dont know, you are now talking of cocaine OVERDOSE, while anyone who has any knowledge on the subject would know that many die from the problems that arise after taking the substance ( so pls Google "cocaine intoxication" to get educated on the subject). many people die due to their Cocaine use, even though they havent taken cocaine for a long time.

We are working on that. cool

at last, you are making some sense.

It's not about the amount of drugs, it's the fact that its illegal. This leads to the development of drug cartels like the al-Capone of the 1920s America when alcohol was illegal. The price rises an crime rises with it. When alcohol was legalized, the price fell and the alcohol cartel crime fell with it.

many countries have decriminalized cocaine if you have a small amount, but will still send your aaasss to jail if you are caught with more than a gram. so YES, it is all about the amount you carry, and nothing else.
what you wrote is again off topic but here is a clue: GHB (date rape drug) is illegal today, do you think it will bring crimes down if it is legalized?! Heroin is illegal today, do you think junkies will stop robbing your house if you legalize it?

Sure a crime is a crime but I think you should join the movement to legalize some of these drugs. Imagine the number of people who have been liked up abroad bc of these misdemeanors. They then mix with real criminals in jails and by the time they are released they come out as pure criminals and start real crime

you are making it sound like going to jail is a walk in the park, lol! the will SUFFER in jail, probably become someone's intimacy gadget, nad have an enlarged bootay hole by the time their sentence is over.......and most of all, this criminal will be off the street for a certain amount of time, thus making the street a lil' safer.

The voice of freedom will be louder and more efficient if you rise above minor issues and join us in the fight to free marijuana from the shackles of quasi political adjudication cool

do you see drug trafficking as a minor issue?! i dont know about you but many of the people who do smoke marijuana dont do it because of the benefit of smoking marijuana that you cited above (glaucoma, epilepsy and asthma).
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by preselect(m): 10:47pm On Jun 14, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

is fast food an illegal substance now? should we also ban cars because many have died while driving a car? should we ban windows in homes because some people fell out of windows?! when did this discussion changed topic? are we not talking about people dealing in ILLEGAL substances?! Cocaine is ILLEGAL in Nigeria (where the guys were traveling from) and also ILLEGAL in India (where the guys were traveling to)

Exactly. Somebody decided to make marijuana illegal. Cocaine is a bad drug, I did not advocate for cocaine, my advocacy is for marijuana. However I'm against unnecessary long term jails for cocaine users as they come out of jail as hardened criminals after mixing up in jail with real crooks.

again with your off topic stuff. people are dying by the gazillion all around the world and for various causes, and unless it is from ILLEGAL substances, then you have no point here.

also, pls educate yourself on the subject instead of talking about what you dont know, you are now talking of cocaine OVERDOSE, while anyone who has any knowledge on the subject would know that many die from the problems that arise after taking the substance ( so pls Google "cocaine intoxication" to get educated on the subject). many people die due to their Cocaine use, even though they havent taken cocaine for a long time.

Had it been your eyesight is good and your Brian sound, you would have seen where I posted that cocaine can kill an has actually killed. But for long term jailing I don't think so, after all, for all the disadvantages of cocaine, no one has been FORCED to use cocaine.

at last, you are making some sense.

You mean at last you have been able to see some sense

many countries have decriminalized cocaine if you have a small amount, but will still send your aaasss to jail if you are caught with more than a gram. so YES, it is all about the amount you carry, and nothing else.
what you wrote is again off topic but here is a clue: GHB (date rape drug) is illegal today, do you think it will bring crimes down if it is legalized?! Heroin is illegal today, do you think junkies will stop robbing your house if you legalize it?

In not sure heroin robs people's homes. undecided someday IG I have time I'll open a thread on the history of illegalization of marijuana. And also the relationship between a reduced crime rate and the legalization of alcohol in the US in 1933. Hope you'll be able to benefit from the free education that thread will offer

you are making it sound like going to jail is a walk in the park, lol! the will SUFFER in jail, probably become someone's intimacy gadget, nad have an enlarged bootay hole by the time their sentence is over.......and most of all, this criminal will be off the street for a certain amount of time, thus making the street a lil' safer.

And come out an angry criminal whose only hope of survival is the crime world since no employer will ever wan them again.

Thank you for making my point. I couldn't have put it better.

Hey, how did you know all that? Been in jail before? grin

do you see drug trafficking as a minor issue?! i dont know about you but many of the people who do smoke marijuana dont do it because of the benefit of smoking marijuana that you cited above (glaucoma, epilepsy and asthma).

My point is, why select some drugs, call them horrible, ban them, then legalize other drugs that do worse. Marijuana is not as deadly as alcohol and cigarettes.
If alcohol and cigarette could be legal, why not marijuana? Marijuana must be freed from judicio-political gulag!

Common sense is no longer common angry
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
^^^^
- JAIL is the only way we can deal with drug smugglers..... and whether they will come out hardened criminals or not is irrelevant. if you do the crime, then thou shall do the time. as for Cocaine users, they dont need to have more than their daily use at any given time, so they would NOT end up in long jail terms, if that was the case. now, if some cocaine user did a horrible crime to get his/her daily dose then that person NEEDS to go to jail to pay for their crimes!

- Marijuana is just the same as any of these other drugs. just because it "can" help a few, doesnt warrant the gazillions that are hooked on smoking it for no other reasons than being pot heads. why do YOU smoke Igbo, if not because you like to get high and dream away from the life that you live?!

- yes "some" legal drugs are worst than some illegal ones, but since i dont make THE LAW and just follow it (and also dont smoke igbo), i accept to follow such law. if you have any problem with such law, i would suggest you go to your local gov. and protest such unfair law. but ONE THING is certain, breaking the law is neither wise nor helping the matter.
but hey, to each their own
Re: NDLEA Arrests Two Brothers With Cocaine by kasim155: 2:39am On Sep 13, 2013
Ogbonna is a very wicked n greedy broda 4 implicating his innocent younger broda into drug trafiking wit out his knowledge and he stil open his mouth saying dat he can not help his broda process his travelling doc. wit out getting any thing in return. Shai wicked broda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Embassy Urges Nigerians To Emulate Imam Who Saved 300 Christians In Plateau / Pastor And His Secretary Kidnapped During Vigil In Plateau State / Share Your Experience Of Extra-judicial Killings By Uniformed Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.