Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,255 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim (15159 Views)

Dana Air Flight ‎537 Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – A Passenger’s Ordeal. / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Agent8706(m): 9:46am On Jun 13, 2013
fittty: All these "first to comment" & "first to post" kids!
You can just imagine what is suppose to be a reputable online community, how it's turning into a Child's e-playground
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 13, 2013
movein: Who come dey lie now? Shey na OP or DANA crew?

there's no lie here, dana report is just twisted to suit the purpose. both (OP and Dana crew)are saying the same thing.
the said plane did take off but landed almost immediately due to a fault also they all boarded another plane and made the trip. what we should probe at this point is if truly the faulty plane is being checked for default and if its been checked, whats the assurance that FAAN have equally checked and certified fit for flying. . . our problem in this country's we love to manage wont be shocked if that same flight is a functional.

8 Likes

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Princek12(m): 9:53am On Jun 13, 2013
If you guys read critically, Dana Air's statement supports the Nairalander's claim. The only difference between Dana and the Nairanlander's claim, however, is the use of semantics and euphemism. What the Nairalander referred to as a "technical fault," Dana referred to as a "snag." Further, the Nairalander said that the flight took off and had to return to its origin due to the technical fault. Similarly, Dana maintains that the flight was "canceled" as a matter of precaution because of the "snag," in line with "global best practices." It is noteworthy that Dana's admission that the plane was grounded and that another plane had to "ferry" the 44 passengers to Abuja safely is an implied admission that the plane had a snag or technical fault and returned to its origin. This supports the technical fault assertion made by the Nairalander.

The so called "snag" or "technical fault" was apparently serious enough to render the plane incapable of flying, as--by virtue of Dana's admissions--the plane is now grounded and has to be recertified by the regulatory authorities.

Overall, the Nairalander's claim is true by virtue of Dana's statement. Dana's statement was obviously meant to do damage control, and it is nothing more than saying the same story in a mild way, which is a prudent use of euphemism. It is analogous to saying someone kicked the bucket, rather than say the person died.

24 Likes

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by obailala(m): 10:01am On Jun 13, 2013
dabraska:
an online report suggesting that a Dana Air aircraft had an air return shortly after take-off from MMA2

Firstly, we wish to state that at no time was a faulty Dana Air aircraft airborne.

The flight crew on flt.9J-357 on the said date, upon noticing a snag on the aircraft, cancelled the flight in line with global best practices and called for a replacement aircraft

If I understand the story here, the original report stated that the plane took off and then turned around because they noticed a fault. Now Dana is saying that the plane did not actually leave the ground before the fault was spotted and flight cancelled.

If this is the case then that's fine, but the most important thing is that there was a fault on a plane and passengers had already boarded and the doors closed before the 'snag' was spotted. God help us! undecided

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Toppiano(m): 10:03am On Jun 13, 2013
kreami diva: Good job Dana Air! U were quick to rebut dis one.how about rebutting the fact dat it's only a handful of the deceased's relatives dat have received compensation from u ppl after one year.biko u ppl should compensate d people u killed their loved ones.datsall

Over hundred people have been compensated...and about 1/4 of this fully compensated while other are yet to bring necessary documents.

(inside source)

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by iresearcher(m): 10:06am On Jun 13, 2013
Princek12: If you guys read critically, Dana Air's statement supports the Nairalander's claim. The only difference between Dana and the Nairanlander's claim, however, is the use of semantics and euphemism. What the Nairalander referred to as a "technical fault," Dana referred to as a "snag." Further, the Nairalander said that the flight took off and had to return to its origin due to the technical fault. Similarly, Dana maintains that the flight was "canceled" as a matter of precaution because of the "snag," in line with "global best practices." It is noteworthy that Dana's admission that the plane was grounded and that another plane had to "ferry" the 44 passengers to Abuja safely is an implied admission that the plane had a snag or technical fault and returned to its origin. This supports the technical fault assertion made by the Nairalander.

The so called "snag" or "technical fault" was apparently serious enough to render the plane incapable of flying, as--by virtue of Dana's admissions--the plane is now grounded and has to be recertified by the regulatory authorities.

Overall, the Nairalander's claim is true by virtue of Dana's statement. Dana's statement was obviously meant to do damage control, and it is nothing more than saying the same story in a mild way, which is a prudent use of euphemism. It is analogous to saying someone kicked the bucket, rather than say the person died.

Omo, you are a smart dude

Its amazing how people dont read and more shocking is the number of people that
dont read compared to those that read and comprehend.

The 2 stories are perfectly the same just the use of words made the difference.
So many illiterates online these days and that is why Nigerians fail woefully.

Smae stories can appear on NL and also on Yahoo news. go read the comments. You will see amazing differences

The same thing you see all over FB. What is happening to my country abeg

7 Likes

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by iresearcher(m): 10:14am On Jun 13, 2013
obailala:

If I understand the story here, the original report stated that the plane took off and then turned around because they noticed a fault. Now Dana is saying that the plane did not actually leave the ground before the fault was spotted and flight cancelled.

If this is the case then that's fine, but the most important thing is that there was a fault on a plane and passengers had already boarded and the doors closed before the 'snag' was spotted. God help us! undecided

No Sir, read the 3rd paragraph carefully.Its all about PR.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by obailala(m): 10:15am On Jun 13, 2013
iresearcher:

Smae stories can appear on NL and also on Yahoo news. go read the comments. You will see amazing differences

I'm sorry to burst your bubble about calling people illiterates but please read the story again and u would understand that both stories are not 'perfectly the same' as u claim. The original story from the Nairalander said the plane had taken off (airborne) while the statement by Dana air says at no time was the aircraft airborne. Read again!

Its either the Nairalander is lying or Dana air is

2 Likes

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Lilimax(f): 10:17am On Jun 13, 2013
In summary: The plane was faulty and did not eventually go to Abuja .
So...??
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 13, 2013
i dey smell something, but make we pray say govt no go close our beloved nairaland, abeg mods make una dey confirm stories before una put am for frontpage..
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Tonitelli: 10:23am On Jun 13, 2013
obailala:

I'm sorry to burst your bubble about calling people illiterates but please read the story again and u would understand that both stories are not 'perfectly the same' as u claim. The original story from the Nairalander said the plane had taken off (airborne) while the statement by Dana air says at no time was the aircraft airborne. Read again!

I disagree with you bro...Dana said "at no time was a faulty plane airborne..this means that at no time did they allow a faulty plane to their knowledge ,to fly...it doesn't mean that the plane they tot was ok could not have developed a fault after taking off...thus necessitating it's return to its point of origin...
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Caracta(f): 10:26am On Jun 13, 2013
CrazyMan:
Stick to the issue on ground.

Their reputation was at stake as a result of the thread that guy started...therefore it would be right for them to defend themselves.

Did you get my PM?

@topic, lol @ DANA fighting hard to regain lost reputation.
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by cashful(m): 10:26am On Jun 13, 2013
obailala:

Its either the Nairalander is lying or Dana air is

Someone is not saying it exactly as it happened.
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Wislet(f): 10:30am On Jun 13, 2013
Eneze1: why are people reserving space with full stop? Nairalanders u never cease to amaze me
u neva know say clowns full here? undecided grin
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by donem: 10:31am On Jun 13, 2013
nativedoctor: Still would rather walk to Nepal than fly Dana
Y wont you? When civilization is still far from you. Besides can you foot a flight ticket? Just asking.
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by pappilo(m): 10:34am On Jun 13, 2013
kreami diva: Good job Dana Air! U were quick to rebut dis one.how about rebutting the fact dat it's only a handful of the deceased's relatives dat have received compensation from u ppl after one year.biko u ppl should compensate d people u killed their loved ones.datsall

Did you go to school? Dana Air does not pay compensation. It is the responsibility if their insurers.
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by JSparrow(m): 10:41am On Jun 13, 2013
We could all sit back here and cast aspersions on the credibility of the nairalander and his story, personally I am of the opinion that the said nairalander has fulfilled his civic duty to warn fellow nairalanders and nigerians at large on the looming danger. If you choose to go with the watered down and sugar coated version of events by Dana Air management do that at your own peril. This issue should be crystal clear to every discerning mind. Be on yoour guard folks, dont be just another nigerian aviation sector statistic.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Dagoma: 10:47am On Jun 13, 2013
[quote author=victorazy]Where is it mentioned that it was NL that spread the news?

You are not following, somebody reported in NL before.
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by chikk(f): 10:48am On Jun 13, 2013
I don't know why people are arguing about this. @OP, your post has error. Dana mngt says 'online report' not Nairaland report. On opening this thread, I expected to see the a nairalander's post(or at least a link to it) along side Dana's claims. This would have helped reduce the grammatical 'woundjury' people are giving me here!
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by nairalad: 10:48am On Jun 13, 2013
Eneze1: why are people reserving space with full stop? Nairalanders u never cease to amaze me

Most of these cases are DOUBLE POST. You can only modify a post not delete it and of course you cannot leave a post empty hence the 'full stop'
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Truckpusher(m): 10:50am On Jun 13, 2013
Chamber10:

Must you sound immoral all the time? Because of your comments I stopped my children from visiting Nairaland angry angry
grin grin
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by pappilo(m): 10:51am On Jun 13, 2013
Princek12: If you guys read critically, Dana Air's statement supports the Nairalander's claim. The only difference between Dana and the Nairanlander's claim, however, is the use of semantics and euphemism. What the Nairalander referred to as a "technical fault," Dana referred to as a "snag." Further, the Nairalander said that the flight took off and had to return to its origin due to the technical fault. Similarly, Dana maintains that the flight was "canceled" as a matter of precaution because of the "snag," in line with "global best practices." It is noteworthy that Dana's admission that the plane was grounded and that another plane had to "ferry" the 44 passengers to Abuja safely is an implied admission that the plane had a snag or technical fault and returned to its origin. This supports the technical fault assertion made by the Nairalander.

I can only imagine you got so many thanks because you bamboozled the posters that thanked you with your well composed post but the truth is you havent got a clue.

In the airline industry world over, it is a normal occurrence that during final checks by the crew and ground staff, technical problems will be spotted which will result in the delay of a flight or a change of aircraft. I have been in this position as a passenger myself several times. This is what happened here and it is a non issue.

The original poster inferred that the plane got up to speed, attempted to take off and aborted. Anyone who has 2 brain cells to rub together knows that sequence of events is totally impossible to achieve. An air return (which did not occur in this case) is also fairly normal in the aviation world. A BA plane had a serious air return over London 3 weeks ago and BA must have operated thousands of flights since then.

No trained pilot in the world will fly a faulty plane like was claimed in the June 3 crash. I marvelled when I watched a report on Channels where a woman without one technical avionic term in her vocabulary who sounded like a janitor was the only source of the report that DANA deliberately flew a faulty aircraft.

5 Likes

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by tojj: 10:59am On Jun 13, 2013
Feed me more: The nairalander should come up and clearify the matter, it is not enough to make baseless allegation and disappear.
buh paragraph 2 and 3 tells us that it did happen now so wots the lie there?
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Jonwesley(m): 11:08am On Jun 13, 2013
The rebuttal does not change my view. SNAG my foot. How many of the other Airlines has had a snag since this year. Give us the statistics and lets compare rather than rubbishing the points or the fears raised by the OP. Then we can reasonably see the difference as one beaten, twice shy, rules in the Aviation world. Period!
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Blackteeth(m): 11:13am On Jun 13, 2013
If a truth o meter is installed on Nairaland to check every post for lies, you will be amazed to see the quantity of lies on this site.
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by lolaluv1(f): 11:16am On Jun 13, 2013
CrazyMan:
Stick to the issue on ground.

Their reputation was at stake as a result of the thread that guy started...therefore it would be right for them to defend themselves.

Gbammest!
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Reptyle(m): 11:18am On Jun 13, 2013
omoikhefue:

there's no lie here, dana report is just twisted to suit the purpose. both (OP and Dana crew)are saying the same thing.
the said plane did take off but landed almost immediately due to a fault also they all boarded another plane and made the trip. what we should probe at this point is if truly the faulty plane is being checked for default and if its been checked, whats the assurance that FAAN have equally checked and certified fit for flying. . . our problem in this country's we love to manage wont be shocked if that same flight is a functional.

The rebuttal stated clearly that the said plane WAS NOT AIRBORNE!!! The snag was noticed while they were still on the ground! Besides, air returns happen and are pretty normal within the aviation industry. We just have a tendency to sensationalize every situation in Nigeria.

I used to fly and still fly Dana. I flew with them as recently as a couple of weeks ago and I can say they are a very good airline. What happened last year was quite unfortunate but such has happened else where in the world. In April, there was a safety concern with a British Airways plane and it was grounded at MMA. A couple of weeks later, another one was stopped from taking off from the Abuja airport also due to safety concerns. On both occasions, the challenges were sorted within a day and the planes were cleared for operations.

Aviation is a highly regulated industry but accidents still happen. May God protect us all.

3 Likes

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by jephiano: 11:24am On Jun 13, 2013
iresearcher:

what are you guys on about sef? The original thread is still on FP. The OP said the flight taxied, GOT AIRBORNE and landed again. Dana is saying what the OP stated is 'erroneous and misleading' and that the flight was NEVER airborne. So pray tell, how are they 'perfectly' saying the same thing?
Yes they both agree that there was a 'snag' or Technical fault' and that the passengers were eventually 'ferried' by another plane but that doesn't mean the two reports are the same. If the two reports are the same, can u categorically tell us if the 'snag' was noticed during pre-flight tests or after take-off?
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 13, 2013
the_ripper3: Who we go believe now?
I WILL BELIEVE THE NAIRALANDER
OR WHOEVER MADE THE CLAIM
ITS SAFER THAT WAY
Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 13, 2013
yuzedo: Y'all should leave Dana Air alone. In my experience of flying local, they have the BEST service.

And their airhostesses are all FINE, with big brezz, and ice-cream laps. ALL of them! Therefore, they are no.1!

Last year's crash was just unfortunate. Please I need to see more of those sweet yellow aunty's that serve me snacks and rub my b...elly during flight. wink

MAYBE THE PILOT CRASHED THE PLANE
WHILE STARING AT THE YELLOW AUNTYS'
BIG BREZZ AND ICE-CREAM LAPS wink wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Responds To Nairalander's Claim by kreamidiva(f): 11:39am On Jun 13, 2013
pappilo:

Did you go to school? Dana Air does not pay compensation. It is the responsibility if their insurers.
ok.noted and thanks for educating me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? / Any Nigeria Living In South Cyprus / FG Announces Resumption Of Abuja-kaduna Train Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.