Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,298 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) (18991 Views)

Onyinyechi Ironkwe Wins Miss Niger Delta 2015 Queen (photos) / Amazing Transformation Of Ghanaian Beauty Queen / Fashion Face Off: Nicole Richie Vs Erin Wasson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by kreamidiva(f): 4:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
Beauty in disability.
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
deshclones:

o boy the speed with which you comment on virtually every thread is amazing...you are usually the first to comment on 80% of threads on this forum... shocked shocked shocked shocked

pls how do you do it?....just asking though

bros the thing sef surprise me o..d guy fast pass usain bolt sef shocked
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Cestmoi1(f): 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
yay! i made front page for d 1st tym.tnx mod 4 modifying my post.dis is beta.
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Tinkybabe(f): 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
slimyem: disabled people get special treatment everywhere.What will naturally not be accomodated or tolerated from normal people will be overlooked for her.
I beg to disagree in this case.This is a beauty pageant where physical disability would most likely be discriminated against..she must have won it fair and square.

1 Like

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Policewoman(f): 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2013
deshclones:

o boy the speed with which you comment on virtually every thread is amazing...you are usually the first to comment on 80% of threads on this forum... shocked shocked shocked shocked

He sleeps and wakes with Nairaland. He is also a MOD.
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by sylve11: 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
Whatever will be, will be. . .this is her time. She's beautiful no doubt. cool
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
deshclones:

there's a link up there on the top of Nl page called 'New'

Try that wink
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
martyns303: She's fine no doubt, plus she seems to smile a lot but there's possibility the judges judgements were clouded by emotions.

I get where you're coming from smiley, but at the same time, I think it's a little unfair to say the judges were clouded by emotions and she won as a result, which's what you're inferring here. It kinda takes away from the credit she deserves. There're many responsibilities that come with winning a pageant. I don't think the judges would've given her the title if they thought she couldn't handle it or she didn't prove herself. That wouldn't do her any good, neither would it be of any good to the organization. Also, she studied theater, so I'm sure she carried herself well and had great stage presence, had great public-speaking skills, was not camera-shy, etc ...some of the things the judges were looking for. Going by her words in the OP, I bet her responses were good too. People with disabilities are capable of doing great things too, even much better than us in - some instances. My own view is that, most likely, she rightfully-deserved it. But I respect your own view though. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by ifihear(m): 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
deshclones:

Afam no get work..dtsy he he is almost always 1st to comment. grin grin grin
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Afam4eva(m): 5:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
slimyem: disabled people get special treatment everywhere.What will naturally not be accomodated or tolerated from normal people will be overlooked for her.
Not in a competition where there's a level playing field. This is not a charity event. Just look at how beautiful she is and tell me she doesn't deserve to wear that crown. I'm sure at one point or another, there may have been other disabled people who entered for the same competition but did not win. So, i don't think it's fair to the girl to accede her win to special treatment.

1 Like

Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Bofemsky(f): 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
I thought there are specifications for these competitions; like not having physical limitations:/. Though she really is beautiful!
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by wckabuoh(m): 5:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
The lady is beautiful quite alright...........but the isn't anything spectacular abt her beauty. Emotions would have affected the judges decision. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by neneslim(m): 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
She is fineer than miss Nigeria sef even without am.
wait a minute............. How she dey take bath sef.
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by dannymatt(m): 6:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
Her achievements is as a result of not limiting herself to her condition. it is also possible that the judges might have judged her through their emotions, but have you ever asked 'what if she was not there? will she have ever attained such gloomy fame? many people's problem is because they limit themselves to their conditions, who told you you can't achieve higher than your conditions? we should rather learn from people like them who have succeeded where they are the odd ones
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Koolking(m): 6:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
She is an inspiration and a motivator. If she her disability could not hold her, I wonder what is your excuse as a physically able person. You CAN realise that dream
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by KingGBsky(m): 6:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
Afam4eva: She's beautiful without an arm.
Is that how to commend someone?? What have u won wit ur complete body?
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Idowuogbo(f): 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2013
yuzedo: Sentimental decision... undecided
I agree...
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by sosodevf(m): 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
[/color]
martyns303: She's fine no doubt, plus she seems to smile a lot but there's possibility the judges judgements were clouded by emotions.
[color=#770077]
YOU 4 CUT UR LEG GO TRY UR OWN
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by sosodevf(m): 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
[/color]
[color=#000099]
YOU 4 CUT UR LEG GO TRY UR OWN
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 13, 2013
I feel sorry for the other contestants, imagine being beating in a competition by a one armed babe, its like a one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind! But jokes apart the babe fine shaa
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Otses(f): 7:27pm On Jun 13, 2013
She is beautiful with a great smile.
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Jibsonified(m): 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
HELLO d pix I'm seeing potrays a very beautiful woman.. n my judgement will b a Yes ... However d pix doesn't show her being one -armed, hence my judgement isn't biased or sentimental, so for dem to ajudge her a Miss beauty queen despite her being one armed shows no partiality, cos if they have done otherwise you guyz will still nail them for mistreatment/belittling due to her supposes disability.
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Chuddychukwu: 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
no doubt she is pretty buh i dnt tink she deserves d crown coz d judges might av judged based on pity.
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by captainnigeria(m): 8:01pm On Jun 13, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're saying there's a probability that the judges were clouded by emotions because she's handicapped. You won't be saying so if she had both hands. I think she's beautiful enough to be Miss Anywhere.
lai lai this one beauty qween for where.i may come across as mean but she's not even anywhere near the girl crowning her.she won because she has just an arm
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by martinifeanyi(m): 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
lucenzo: she's nyanshable without an arm undecided
hahahahahahaha LWKMD. Nairlanders unu ge gbun nmadu!
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by redcliff: 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
i kmow say na shark go bite that her arm comot/// angry angry fine geh like this shark no gree make she complete
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by Orikinla(m): 9:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
She can get an artificial arm whenever she wants.
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by nekaa(f): 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
redcliff: i kmow say na shark go bite that her arm comot/// angry angry fine geh like this shark no gree make she complete
until an hr ago I tot u could read... Aw sad
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by khaz(m): 8:47am On Jun 14, 2013
Eazee-e:
Allahu akbar. *## looking 4 my machete 2 offer allah dis lovely head##*
May d Almighty Allah, Ur God nd my God, Forgive You!!!!"!!"
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by shizzle11(m): 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
Well, dunno if she won squarely or if her victory was swayed by judges emotions, but one thin I do know Is that other contestant will be like.....WTF, she won it gringrin congrats to her thou
Re: Nicole Kelly - The One-armed Beauty Queen (photos) by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2013

I agree with you. Those were my thoughts immediately. there may have been some level of sentiment at play. Either way, she is a beauty and should be an inspiration to all physically challenged people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Top 5 Pageant & Event Organisers In Abuja (Pictures) / Hair DIY: A Shea Butter Mix For Soft And Moisturized Textured Hair / Out of Stock!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.