Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

How To Detect False Prophets - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Detect False Prophets (2062 Views)

Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? / Major False Prophets In Nigeria - Must Watch Video added to last page of article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Detect False Prophets by uchkochi(m): 8:48pm On May 06, 2008
Open your eyes cant you see that false prophets are rocking every where.We are indeed at the latter part of the End time.Some pastors instead of winning souls and building them to make heaven and fulfil their destiny on earth are leading people to hell.

These are signs to know A false prophet.Because by their fruits you shall know them.

Their focus is more on miracles, signs and wonders.(since they know they can draw people via signs).Miracles are real but it must point to Jesus not to a man.

They publicise themselves rather than Jesus

They preach the word so well but they dont fully live it.

They Hardly preach about holiness which is key to seeing God.

They dont believe that the blood of Jesus is still needed.But take the communion

They dont believe in deliverance.But the struggle of many people are due to generational curses they need deliverance.

They are alone,Woe to him that is alone,They are not in any real body as in the pentecostal fellowship of Nigeria.Which is a key pointer to the unity of the faith.Imagine if every denomination comes together to pray as one things will change in the country and world at large faster

They are proud.No evidence of scriptural humility.

Their members talk the word but their lifestyle is zero.

their members speak in tongues but their lives is comfortable with sin,lies, fornication and so many abnormalities.Listen u can speak in tongues and heal and Jesus will still say He knows you not Holiness is a must.Its time to live the scriptures like normal FULL CHRISTIANS

They feel God will always forgive.They feel they are the real christians take heed if you think you stand lest you fall.But Whatsoever a man sows he reaps.

The month of june is a month where God is about to purge His church because judgement begins in the House of the lord.We are all walking towards perfection but we must not bend the scriptures to fit our lifestyle but adjust our lifestyle to fit the word.
Its time to wake up Jesus Loves You.
UCHE OKOCHI(OMEGA WORLD NETWORK)
+2348052773865
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by vicade(m): 8:50pm On May 06, 2008
Nice speech.
Now, can you please name names?
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by AKO1(m): 9:53pm On May 06, 2008
vicade:

Nice speech.

Abi oh!! wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by 4Him1(m): 1:03am On May 07, 2008
vicade:

Nice speech.

1. uchkochi? grin
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by Cadet(f): 1:09am On May 07, 2008
lmao!! grin cheesy
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by cgift(m): 10:13am On May 07, 2008
4 Him:

1. uchkochi? grin

You guys are just killing the guy's morale. Its not fair o grin ?
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by Cayon(f): 10:30am On May 07, 2008
@uchk:

I call them sheep in wolves clothing
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by SENATORJD(m): 10:46am On May 07, 2008
cgift:

You guys are just killing the guy's morale. Its not fair o grin ?
the guy don run as them reveal say in be one cheesy
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by cgift(m): 11:33am On May 07, 2008
SENATOR JD:

the guy don run as them reveal say in be one cheesy

kochi,

con clear your name first before you begin dissect false teachers o! grin
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by SENATORJD(m): 12:04pm On May 07, 2008
cgift:

kochi,
con clear your name first before you begin dissect false teachers o! grin
@cgift u wicked o how u want make in come clear in name when them don nab am, na suicide in go dey attempt by coming back o
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by Frizy(m): 5:29pm On May 07, 2008
As far as am concerned any man that calls himself a prophet in this age is a fake. Save Jesus.
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by samba123(m): 6:23pm On May 07, 2008
In my opinion we are now on the twenty century. we have no more prophets but a PUPPET SHOULD BE grin
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by cgift(m): 12:41pm On May 08, 2008
Frizy:

As far as am concerned any man that calls himself a prophet in this age is a fake. Save Jesus.

Point of correction. Jesus is not only a prophet. The Bible and the Quran calls Him the Messiah! So what is this fuss about Him being a prophet. It is also unfortunate that you cant even understand what and who a prophet is according to your qu'ran. How do we identify a prophet if we do not have his prophecies. Why call Abraham and jo, etc prophets when you do not even have their prophecies in your book. This is delusional!

A prophet tells you the mind of God and by virtue of the Holy Spirit of God is able to tell you very secret things you never knew any other persons would know except you. He can also tell you what plans God has for you and what to expect at a certain point in time in your life and you will be surprised things will just fall into place the way he has said it. Its one of the manifestations of the gift of the Holy Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit of God knows the mind of God and any person/thing that knows the mind of another must be one / same with that person. That is just taking you on an introduction to the mystery of the oneness of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost that has eluded you mooslims till now.

So, bros, that you have refused to wake up to study and know more of the things of God happening in the church does not mean they are not real. You people have decided to remain in the dark in this age of revelation of of's knowledge. So revel in your darkness but never lay claim to what you dont know and have never experienced.

Nice day!
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by olabowale(m): 2:30pm On May 08, 2008
@Cgift:
Point of correction. Jesus is not only a prophet. The Bible and the The Great Book calls Him the Messiah! So what is this fuss about Him being a prophet. It is also unfortunate that you can't even understand what and who a prophet is according to your qu'ran. How do we identify a prophet if we do not have his prophecies. Why call Abraham and jo, etc prophets when you do not even have their prophecies in your book. This is delusional!
What was Jesus if he was not a Prophet? Was it not in your Bible that Jesus said that a prophet has no honor in his own house, while he referred to himself? What was Jesus except that he was a human being since he referred to himself as son of man? We agree that Jesus was a Massiah, but tow whom, except that he was to the Children of Israel, alone. Did you not find this written in your Bible?

And please tell me the prophesies of Ibrahim or/and Jo (what do you mean by jo?), that are in the Bible and I will tell you what is in the Q.u.r'an,. We will compare and see which book is better and comprehensive.

A prophet tells you the mind of God and by virtue of the Holy Spirit of God is able to tell you very secret things you never knew any other persons would know except you. He can also tell you what plans God has for you and what to expect at a certain point in time in your life and you will be surprised things will just fall into place the way he has said it. Its one of the manifestations of the gift of the Holy Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit of God knows the mind of God and any person/thing that knows the mind of another must be one / same with that person. That is just taking you on an introduction to the mystery of the oneness of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost that has eluded you mooslims till now.
So aburo, Omo yaa, why did Jesus failed to know the time of the hour when he was asked? I am just using your Bible to destroy your fallacy. Why was Jesus begging in prayer in the Garden of geshemane and of course from your Bible we see that he was killed on the cross, a proof that his prayer was rejected? Why did Jesus cried out as he complained or lamented that he was abandoned? These showed that you put a label that does not belong to Jesus on him. This will be your big problem in the future. Maybe these are the reasons of "i do not know you" even as they used to performed miracles by his name. Don't be one of those people, Cgift.

So, bros, that you have refused to wake up to study and know more of the things of God happening in the church does not mean they are not real. You people have decided to remain in the dark in this age of revelation of of's knowledge. So revel in your darkness but never lay claim to what you don't know and have never experienced.
The reason traditional religion leadership or for lack of better words "Witch Doctors," are still in existence is that sometimes what they say to their believers are true in the lives of these people. But the truth about these thing is more illusion and there is no reality to it. Its like magic. It is a slight of hand. All are terrible shows. If the razzle dazzle in the churches are signs of success to you, then wait till the time of death.

But don't we see the folks healed in the churches now claiming that they were just propsto deceive the gullibles? And as yo your knowledge, I need to remind you that Al Azar University in Egypt is Oldest University on earth. It is an i.sla.mic Institution. The first revelation in the Q.ur'a.n commands mankind to read. You are just saying things that do not help your cause. But your cause is very weak.
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by kolaoloye(m): 2:45pm On May 08, 2008
Olabowale,
Your knowledge is great,i really appreciate it but you still lack something.
Understanding of the word of the Bible. If you had spent 1/4 of the time you
spent on the Quran on bible study you would have been so great.There are
some things i'd need to explain to you but let it be tomorrow.Thanks.
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by olabowale(m): 3:04pm On May 08, 2008
@Kola Oloye:
Olabowale,
Your knowledge is great,i really appreciate it but you still lack something.
Understanding of the word of the Bible. If you had spent 1/4 of the time you
spent on the The Great Book on bible study you would have been so great.There are
some things i'd need to explain to you but let it be tomorrow.Thanks.
Am laughing, Kola. All my life up to 1975, I never held a Q.u.r'an. I was raised by a christian mother and went to Christian school and study Bible knowledge. What else. And truly, I did not begin to to study the Q.ur'an until 1998. Now tell me, you want me to return back to ignorance?
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 08, 2008
olabowale:

you want me to return back to ignorance?
U either return to something or go back to something. tongue
@ topic
As clearly stated in the Holy writ: by their fruit (i.e. the end product of their ways and manner of life) you shall know them.
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by Backslider(m): 4:03pm On May 08, 2008
l link=topic=132313.:

They are alone,Woe to him that is alone,They are not in any real body as in the pentecostal fellowship of Nigeria.Which is a key pointer to the unity of the faith.Imagine if every denomination comes together to pray as one things will change in the country and world at large faster

Wrong Mr Uch

The truth is that the Ichabod Church is a multi denominational Church with Jezebellic Choirs. The true Church now is like samuel. It will be hunted and its blood will be found in the streets.

If you are a true soldier get Ready to die for Your Faith In Jesus.

The truth is that the greatest condemnation and slaughter will come from the Ichabod Church. Watch very closely the Ichabod Church is in bed with jezebel and it will give birth to the great fornications of Church History. The Sons of Adultery will war with the Old religion born again saints.

The War will be on all fronts
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by olabowale(m): 4:12pm On May 08, 2008
@Lamide:
You either return to something or go back to something.
@ topic
As clearly stated in the Holy writ: by their fruit (i.e. the end product of their ways and manner of life) you shall know them.
I wonder what your point is? Lamide, did you get my drift? Thats what counts. And as you have said, its at the end shall you know where lies the truth. While a person is still alive the future is never known, Angel.

The Angel should always be clothed.
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by SENATORJD(m): 4:48pm On May 08, 2008
lets not make this stuff into a religious war,whatever faith u believe in, hold on to it and dnt try pulling any's down.dnt forget the topic
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by cgift(m): 5:14pm On May 08, 2008
olabowale:

@Cgift: What was Jesus if he was not a Prophet? Was it not in your Bible that Jesus said that a prophet has no honor in his own house, while he referred to himself?
Bros, take it easy. read my post very well again. I never said Jesus was not a prophet. I said "He was not only [/b]a prophet"

olabowale:

What was Jesus except that he was a human being since he referred to himself as son of man? We agree that Jesus was a Massiah, but tow whom, except that he was to the Children of Israel, alone. Did you not find this written in your Bible?

Yes he was a human being, yet He knew the mind of God and gave full expression of the image of God. He said I and My Father are one! Anyways, there is no need wasting time on his divinity and oneness with God. [b]You can never understand
and i would not even try to make you understand.

olabowale:

And please tell me the prophesies of Ibrahim or/and Jo (what do you mean by jo?), that are in the Bible and I will tell you what is in the Q.u.r'an,. We will compare and see which book is better and comprehensive.

That is why we do not refer to Abraham as a prophet as christians. We however refer to him as the friend of God. If you want to know the prophets, i think i will recommend Elijah, Elisha, Isaiah, and the likes. Not Abraham. Do you care to list Abrahamic prophecies in the Qurihan for us?

olabowale:

The reason traditional religion leadership or for lack of better words "Witch Doctors," are still in existence is that sometimes what they say to their believers are true in the lives of these people. But the truth about these thing is more illusion and there is no reality to it. Its like magic. It is a slight of hand. All are terrible shows. If the razzle dazzle in the churches are signs of success to you, then wait till the time of death.

Keep consoling yourself.
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by olabowale(m): 2:36pm On May 09, 2008
@Cgift: Bawo ni? Before I prepare myself for Jumuah, am gonna yab you for a moment! lol. Okare.

Yes he was a human being, yet He knew the mind of God and gave full expression of the image of God. He said I and My Father are one! Anyways, there is no need wasting time on his divinity and oneness with God. You can never understand and i would not even try to make you understand.
I wonder why he failed to know when the hour is for all mankind? I wonder why he did not know that his prayer at the garden of geshemane will not be accepted? Or was it for show of hypocracy since he knew it will never be accepted anyhow, yet he went through with it? Was there a doubt in the process all along by him? In I.s.lam we call this act the act of munafiq. Finally, why would he be surprised to the point that he let everyone know when he yelled about been forsakened? Is this an act of ust for the public consumption or that he did not know or both? In yoruba language we say "ko seku ko seye." Is that what it is?

And I will not touch the Satanic/ Demonic temptations and the ignorance of the knowledge of the season of fig tree fruit, because of hunger from fasting.

That is why we do not refer to Abraham as a prophet as christians. We however refer to him as the friend of God. If you want to know the prophets, i think i will recommend Elijah, Elisha, Isaiah, and the likes. Not Abraham. Do you care to list Abrahamic prophecies in the Qurihan for us?
From the Q.u.r'an, we see that his prophesy is that all prophets shall come from his bloodline, after him. Now tell me if there is a prophet after Ibrahim that is not from bloodline, be it the branche of his first son who was at sometime the only son, Ismail, and Isiaq the second son who is the son of the first and older wife Sarah? This prophesy alone and all his prayers were 100% true and in truth.

Can you challenge me? Please top that!

Keep consoling yourself.
Step out of the septic tank you get yourself into! Orishi rishi! Awon arale nko o? Bami ki won o.
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by cgift(m): 3:10pm On May 09, 2008
olabowale:

From the Q.u.r'an, we see that his prophesy is that all prophets shall come from his bloodline, after him. [b]Now tell me if there is a prophet after Ibrahim that is not from bloodline, be it the branche of his first son who was at sometime the only son, Ismail, and Isiaq the second son who is the son of the first and older wife Sarah? [/b]This prophesy alone and all his prayers were 100% true and in truth.

Can you challenge me? Please top that!

At least we are all aware of the fact that all the prophets we all lay claim to today were Israelites whom we call Jews today. Further probing shows that they were descendants of Isaac whom you call Isiaq. Can you please list the prophets from the descent of Ishmael your origin? Do you have any Arab prophets that you mooslims can lay claim to? Why do you lay claim to the Jewish prophets whom today you now call apes, monkeys and pigs? Dont you sense a deep-seated hypocrisy in the demeanor of your prophet?

Step out of the septic tank you get yourself into! Orishi rishi! Awon arale nko o? Bami ki won o.

Alaafia la wa! Ma a jise grin
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by tngtech(m): 3:22pm On May 09, 2008
@poster

so wat d we do?
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by olabowale(m): 4:34pm On May 09, 2008
@Cgift:
Can you please list the prophets from the descent of Ishmael your origin? Do you have any Arab prophets that you mooslims can lay claim to?
Ismail and M.uha.mmad. You remember the Yoruba proverb about multiple birth? I will apply the same here. The Yorubas spoke well. They said the last took the leadership from the first to be born. "Akeyinde (Kehinde) gbagba lowo ako de (Taiye)! See? Mu.ha.mm.ad is ever the leader of all the prophets and messengers!

And as to the ape and monkeys, that was for those who in the fishing village turned to those animals as a testament for their dishobedience and a way to begin there punishment from the earth to thereafter.

Have you ever spoken to a Jew before, in your entire life? I did yesterday, and i will do today, God willing. And in the future, too. So your sucking up in this case is weak and baseless. I deal with them. You don't and you are the one who started a thread lambasting them. Who is thehypocrite here? lol.
Re: How To Detect False Prophets by cgift(m): 5:50pm On May 09, 2008
olabowale:

@Cgift: Ismail and M.uha.mmad. You remember the Yoruba proverb about multiple birth? I will apply the same here. The Yorubas spoke well. They said the last took the leadership from the first to be born. "Akeyinde (Kehinde) gbagba lowo ako de (Taiye)! See? Mu.ha.mm.ad is ever the leader of all the prophets and messengers!

Little wonder your history is empty and boring. Okay. Tell us Ismail's prophecies and let us see. What is then the correlation between the Moses and all other Prophets that Christians preach about today and your Ishmael?

(1) (Reply)

Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer / Niki Minaj The Latest Entertainer To Mock Christians & Blaspheme Christ Publicly / Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.