Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer (2062 Views)

Pentecostal Churches And Our Lord's Prayer. / "The Lord's Prayer" Is Not For Believers / The Professional Names Of Our Lord Jesus Christ The Saviour Of The Whole World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer by Ascony(m): 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2009
Recently, I examined the popular "our Lord's prayer" that Christians normally pray without season, and have discovered that none of the request in that prayer had been answered and none of the statements in it is true. This was the same prayer that Jesus Christ personally taught us to pray. Now, let us analyze our lord's prayer:

"Our father, which art in heaven"

This specifically signifies that God's locational position is somewhere called heaven.

"Hallow be thy name, thy kingdom come"

But we have been praising his name consistently for centuries and decades and still, this kingdom that he promised hasn't come.

"Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"

Firstly, his will had not been done on earth; rather, the devil had taken full control of earth from day one. If you think his will has been done, then why does evil reign on earth? Is that his will? And secondly, if his will had not been done on earth, then how can we be sure that it is done in heaven?

"Give us this day, our daily bread"

Go to the ghettos and see innocent children born of wretched parents that cannot even afford one meal a day. Some of these helpless people are Christians who pray this prayer everyday. We see these helpless fellows everyday and instead of us to question God and ask him why he prefers to make this life so cruel for some people, instead we get down on our knees and praise him for nothing sake.

"And forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us"

Though we forgive those who sin against us, yet God refused to forgive us. If you think he had forgiven us, then why do we still suffer injustice and die as a result of the original sin?

"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil"

God has been using the devil as a weapon for temptation against us, and any single mistake, he strikes without hesitating. Instead of delivering us from evil, God has delivered us into a dungeon of evil to be tormented by Lucifer. Earth is an evil place and Lucifer is totally in charge. So how can we be delivered from evil when we have been chained by evil here on earth?

"For yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever"

So because he owns the kingdom, that's why he had decided to treat us like a piece of rag? Also, since the devil is ruling in a world created by God, then maybe God is not powerful enough to defeat him and take over the rulership of the earth. And lastly, he does not deserve any glory because he had not done anything worthy for humanity.

(copped out from my upcoming book , Title withheld wink)
Re: Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer by denzel2009: 8:36pm On Nov 29, 2009
Its only a MAD MAN that will say there is no GOD.
Re: Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer by ejimsjonie(m): 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2009
says who?, you?
Re: Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer by bawomolo(m): 10:41pm On Nov 29, 2009
lol good one.

when would you be publishing your book
Re: Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer by Ascony(m): 12:12am On Nov 30, 2009
Its only a MAD MAN that will say there is no GOD.
WORD!!

lol good one.

when would you be publishing your book

Soon bro, very soon. You'll be one of the firsts to know
Re: Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer by Tudor6(f): 1:16am On Nov 30, 2009
Ascony nice one!
Let us know when the book is out. . .

Too bad for the 1 million dead in the rwanda genocide, they must have sang that prayer a million times.
Re: Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer by CrazyMan(m): 5:53am On Nov 30, 2009
You people should cease to use blasphemous words against God. Have referrence for God and I can assure you that you would live long in the land he's going to give you and your desendants.
Re: Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer by bawomolo(m): 6:12am On Nov 30, 2009
So we get land in heaven? what about virgins?

i think I prefer allah's offer cheesy
Re: Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer by lightwalk(m): 6:39am On Nov 30, 2009
Analysis of the Lord's Prayer:
Our Father who art in heaven:
This means that the Lord is in heaven but before making any foolish conclusions use your dictionary. Heaven is simply a place where it is believed that God lives. It is not the same thing as the firmaments or the sky or space or whatever people make out.

Hallow be thy name, thy Kingdom come
This is surely not God's merciful kingdom where there is no suffering. We are living in the kingdom of the accursed devil which unluckily became earth. Hopefully God has allowed us to learn from our mistakes to create a better kingdom where there will be no more weeping and woes. Jesus encourages us to pray that we will win the world(survive the devil and his plies)

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven
This is in a further attempt to encourage God to extend His help to us by praying to Him so that we win this vile earth.

Give us this day our daily bread
Though God handed dominion of the earth over to the devil, the power of Life was not handed to him. This tells us that we still have to rely on God to provide our daily basic needs

And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us
The power of forgiveness. Pointless to explain to pagans who do not believe in the Highest and most important rule which is to Love neighbour as you love yourself and to Love God. :DGod is Love cheesy

And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil
Yes God has been testing us. In fact the purpose of our life on earth is to undergo a test. Those who pass this test will be overjoyed and those who are fair will be given a second chance but many will also suffer who have failed woofly. Nobody wants the temptation such as that of Job
It is God that will deliver us from evil

Amen! The Lord is Good! I could have waited for you to publish your wonderful tool. I'm glad that you are writing such a thing. It assures me that atheists are just confused and frustrated people who don't understand life and do not even seek to understand the true meaning of life. If you are wise, become a philosopher or Lock yourself up in a room full of books for five years like the pythagoreans. Or become a philosopher rosicrucian.(Not recommended if you slightly believe in God undecided)
Let's share Love for God is Love therefore we share God kiss kiss kiss
Re: Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 30, 2009
I keep reading folks saying "good one" and i conclude most of them are equally as vapid as the original poster.

Ascony:

"Our father, which art in heaven"

This specifically signifies that God's locational position is somewhere called heaven.

Do you mean to say the prayer specifically restricts God to heaven only?

Ascony:

"Hallow be thy name, thy kingdom come"

But we have been praising his name consistently for centuries and decades and still, this kingdom that he promised hasn't come.

Which further cements the fact that the OP clearly has no understanding of what he is discussing . . . for example has he ever been aware of this?

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Really, is the OP asking a question the pharisees already put forward 2000 yrs ago and being credited for being "intelligent"?

Ascony:

"Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"

Firstly, his will had not been done on earth; rather, the devil had taken full control of earth from day one. If you think his will has been done, then why does evil reign on earth? Is that his will? And secondly, if his will had not been done on earth, then how can we be sure that it is done in heaven?

Again the OP, as usual with virtually all atheists, forcefully wants to assume that they have an idea what God's "will" should be.

Ascony:

"Give us this day, our daily bread"

Go to the ghettos and see innocent children born of wretched parents that cannot even afford one meal a day. Some of these helpless people are Christians who pray this prayer everyday. We see these helpless fellows everyday and instead of us to question God and ask him why he prefers to make this life so cruel for some people, instead we get down on our knees and praise him for nothing sake.

Quite silly . . . Americans dont beg for bread . . . Norwegians dont go hungry. I think the OP needs to blame his own leaders for the pervasive poverty in Africa. God is not responsible for pilfering your budget to stash away in Swiss banks.

Ascony:

"And forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us"

Though we forgive those who sin against us, yet God refused to forgive us. If you think he had forgiven us, then why do we still suffer injustice and die as a result of the original sin?

This one didnt deserve a comment . . .

Ascony:

"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil"

God has been using the devil as a weapon for temptation against us, and any single mistake, he strikes without hesitating. Instead of delivering us from evil, God has delivered us into a dungeon of evil to be tormented by Lucifer. Earth is an evil place and Lucifer is totally in charge. So how can we be delivered from evil when we have been chained by evil here on earth?

Someone get this dude a bible.

Ascony:

"For yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever"

So because he owns the kingdom, that's why he had decided to treat us like a piece of rag? Also, since the devil is ruling in a world created by God, then maybe God is not powerful enough to defeat him and take over the rulership of the earth. And lastly, he does not deserve any glory because he had not done anything worthy for humanity.

the OP confuses the "kingdom" in the prayer to be the earth he lives on.

Ascony:

(copped out from my upcoming book , Title withheld wink)

If this is a view of the type of poor scholarship your "upcoming book" has to offer then i can guarantee even your own mother wont be buying it anytime soon. It basically offers nothing different from the lazy atheistic "thinking" we've become accustomed to.
Re: Atheist Examines Our Lord's Prayer by CrazyMan(m): 7:33pm On Nov 30, 2009
@David,
May God bless and enrich you with wisdom.

bawomolo:

So we get land in heaven? what about virgins?

i think I prefer allah's offer cheesy
And what is allah's offer if I must ask

(1) (Reply)

Can An Atheist Be A Prophet? / For Those that doubt the existence of a supernatural being / "Holy Quran Converted Me to Christianity" says Imam Sulaiman aka Mario Joseph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.