Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus (15656 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Ifecoded(m): 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2013
Players of the Nigeria national team have refused to fly to South Africa if their bonus problem is not resolved
After the Super Eagles pulled a draw in the 2014 World Cup qualifiers against Namibia in Windhoek on Wednesday, we can reveal with authority that there is a battle in the Nigeria camp between the officials of the Federation and the team which may lead to the boycott of the Confederations Cup.

Players of the national team outrightly are on strike. They have refused the match bonus offered them by the NFF. “We have told them to go and play the Confederations Cup themselves,” said our source in the camp.

“As at this morning, we are not ready to leave Windhoek if these issues are not sorted out. It is either the raging camp issues are resolved in our favour or we all leave for our various clubs and forget the Confederations Cup.”

Part of the grievances of the players is that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) cannot and should not slash their bonuses without consulting with them being the actors who suffer all the throes, hits and pains on the pitch of play.

In addition, they brought the issue of the rationalisation of the backroom staff of the national team into their demands. A prominent case was the forced exit of assistant coach Silvanus “Quick Silver” Okpala whose services are obviously being missed in the team.

Another matter raised by the players is that of the other assistant coach, Valerie Houndenou, who coach Stephen Keshi had to employ and pay from his own pocket. This, the players feel, is wrong and must be addressed in a holistic nature otherwise they will proceed to their various clubs and forget about the Confederations Cup.

As it is, a prolong agitation of the players will definitely affect the concentration required to have a good outing in the Confederations Cup.

If this situation matures, Nigeria would have brought shame to Africa, if they fail to participate in the Confederations Cup or if they do not do so well in the tournament.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/06/13/4045997/super-eagles-threaten-to-boycott-confederations-cup-over

What do u think abt d treatment of d SE by d NFF?
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Rossikk(m): 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
These NFF bastards have started again.

7 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by misterh(m): 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
Wow... Abeg make dem no boycott am o! NFF, make una hurry resolve this matter.

Aside: Are they really willing to boycott the Confederations Cup?

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by nijanigga: 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
Ifecoded:

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/06/13/4045997/super-eagles-threaten-to-boycott-confederations-cup-over

What do u think abt d treatment of d SE by d NFF?

Nothing new. What a hyena is to meat ,so are Nigerians to money.
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Goldie20: 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
gone are the days when players played the game with their heart and soul.. now it all abt the $$$ smh..

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by AbuMikey(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2013
SMDFH if dem boycott am,make dem beg FIFA to release anoda list na....Shebi dem nor knw say me play Center Forward pass Ideye ni.......Even if dem wan talk dis kind tin,why dem nor talk am since wen e con be say na nw dem dey talk am........

Bad A$$ Niggas wanna bring Shame to my Dear Nigeria!!!
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by wckabuoh(m): 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
Abeg oooooooo, our Ogas at the top, make una no dampen these bois their spirit. make una pay them their moni ni!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by executinal(m): 5:58pm On Jun 13, 2013
Nigeria miss flight to Brazil for Confederations Cup

Nigeria have missed their flight to Brazil because of a row over players' bonuses, BBC Sport has learned.
The Super Eagles are due to play their first match in the tournament on Monday but they remain in Namibia after Wednesday's World Cup qualifier.
Nigeria's players are unhappy after they were each offered a $2,500 (£1,590) bonus for the 1-1 draw in Windhoek, insisting they want double.
And it appears they have refused to travel while the dispute continues.
It raises questions over whether the African champions will participate in the tournament which runs from 15-30 June.
Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president Aminu Maigari met the team on Wednesday night in Windhoek to explain to them that the organisation has no choice but to make drastic cuts in its expenditure.
Last week, local media reported there was a players' revolt in Kenya over the bonus when the Super Eagles beat the home team 1-0 in another 2014 World Cup qualifier.
The players wanted to be paid $10,000 (£6,370) each for the win in Nairobi but several officials rejected the claims.
The cash-strapped NFF has been forced to cut back on backroom staff of the various national teams, including the Super Eagles, after an expensive Africa Cup of Nations campaign in South Africa.
They had even considered pulling out of the 2014 Championship of African Nations (CHAN) for players in the local league because of poor finances before a change of heart.
Nigeria were due to fly out of Windhoek to Johannesburg on Thursday bound for Sao Paulo before continuing their journey to Belo Horizonte, venue of their opening match of the Confederations Cup against Tahiti.
Source http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22895513
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by nijanigga: 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
Goldie20: gone are the days when players played the game with their heart and soul.. now it all abt the $$$ smh..
When david mark is going home with over 1B naira/month. You want SE players to play almost for free. I support the players,even thou I know they will be humiliated in Brazil.

16 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by omanifrank(m): 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
a worker is worthy of is benefits....let them pay them...how many politicians will allow their salaries or bonus to be cutted by %50 down

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by snowblack: 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
NFF needs to grow up...this is not the frame of mind players should be in while preparing for a tournament.

[url]gistinz.com[/url]

8 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by theplanmaker: 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
if the nff wants money, they should slash their own salaries, and not that of the hardworking players .

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Zamoni15(m): 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2013
this stupid nff don start their whala again
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Grendel(m): 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2013
taaaaaaaaa ;
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by lat4real: 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2013
Goldie20: gone are the days when players played the game with their heart and soul.. now it all abt the $$$ smh..

11 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Policewoman(f): 6:01pm On Jun 13, 2013
What is wrong with the NFF? If I were the sports minister, I would dissolve that useless body and oversee football administration myself. All these NFF, NFA, e.t.c are just conduit pipes for siphoning money.
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by chaloner(m): 6:01pm On Jun 13, 2013
For me oooo, I will b happy to see NFF playing in that tournament , I bliv they will make us proud, SE will only go dere to giv me HBP grin
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by movein: 6:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
omanifrank: a worker is worthy of is benefits....let them pay them...how many politicians will allow their salaries or bonus to be cutted by %50 down
Take it cool.. Easy bro!

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by kponkedenge(m): 6:03pm On Jun 13, 2013
De shuld boycott it jare its not as if they r going 2 lift d trophy sef.
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by nerodenero: 6:03pm On Jun 13, 2013
Football and victory for the Eagles is the only happiness in this country.NFF should speedily meet the demands as stated by Eagles,otherwise,heads will roll.Stupid and god-forsaken bastards!!!Money go dey If na to siphon money into their pockets,now to pay these boys become wahala.Awon eniyan jatijati.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by otokx(m): 6:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
This is all some grand standing, in the end a middle ground will be found and they will hopefully find their way to Brazil. Who knows AMAECHI may come to their rescue with his private jet.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by mastereyebee: 6:05pm On Jun 13, 2013
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Phikom(m): 6:05pm On Jun 13, 2013
nff are gangs of financial vampires....

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Akwusike: 6:05pm On Jun 13, 2013
Try it, loose ur citizenry
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Afam4eva(m): 6:05pm On Jun 13, 2013
AS an annointed Nwa Chineke, i recommend holy ghost fire to locate and consume any Nigerian that does not like better thing. Just now that our team are now getting it right, these blood sucking NFA people have flown in the night to go and suck their blood. Don't these people like good things. This is what annoys me about the witches and wizards in government. They're never happy when NIgeria is progressing because it affects the progress of their pockets and will stop at nothing to make sure there is rancour in the team. Tufiakwa.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by jhydebaba(m): 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
Boycott, infact girlcott. Mtcheeeeew, overnight giant of Africa shocked. Abeg, make NFF enter street, boys dey wey go play for 2500 naira.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Rossikk(m): 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
snowblack: NFF needs to grow up...this is not the frame of mind players should be in while preparing for a tournament.

[url]gistinz.com[/url]
Do you think they have common sense? Bloody fools.
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by AbuMikey(m): 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
Policewoman: What is wrong with the NFF? If I were the sports minister, I would dissolve that useless body and oversee football administration myself. All these NFF, NFA, e.t.c are just conduit pipes for siphoning money.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Rossikk(m): 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
Policewoman: What is wrong with the NFF? If I were the sports minister, I would dissolve that useless body and oversee football administration myself. All these NFF, NFA, e.t.c are just conduit pipes for siphoning money.
The sports minister is a criminal himself or it wouldn't come to this.
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by AbuMikey(m): 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
omanifrank: a worker is worthy of is benefits....let them pay them...how many politicians will allow their salaries or bonus to be cutted by %50 down
All Hail Prof FRANKcheesycheesygringrin
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Rossikk(m): 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
Akwusike: Try it, loose ur citizenry
Goats like you are the problem we have. Fraudster.

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by supaeagles(m): 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
jhydebaba: Boycott, infact girlcott. Mtcheeeeew, overnight giant of Africa shocked. Abeg, make NFF enter street, boys dey wey go play for 2500 naira.
Ha ha ..... girlcott. ..... anyway it is true anyone can play the game but only a select few can collectively win the game and so for that reason our boys (who are proven winners) should be paid what was agreed upon .Money is a fact of life and NFA should stop their thievery and mismanagement. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ohale Scores, Oshoala, Chikwelu In Action As Barca Edge Madrid / Femi Kuti To Perform At AFCON 2019 Opening Ceremony / Arsenal's Alexandre Lacazette Offered to Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Juventus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.