Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus (15664 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Policewoman(f): 6:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
Rossikk: The sports minister is a criminal himself or it wouldn't come to this.
Exactly. It's about time we appoint former sportsmen and women as sports ministers. The legendary Pele was once one in his country Brazil.
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Kslib(m): 6:13pm On Jun 13, 2013
What is worng with NFF sef? But if the players boycott confed cup,they should'nt bother to ever play for this country again...
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Rossikk(m): 6:14pm On Jun 13, 2013
jhydebaba: Boycott, infact girlcott. Mtcheeeeew, overnight giant of Africa shocked. Abeg, make NFF enter street, boys dey wey go play for 2500 naira.
Get it into your thick skull- when you reach an agreement with someone, you must fulfill your side of the agreement or there is no deal. Get it? It is your type who reason like animals that cause this type of nonsense to happen.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by collynzo2(m): 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
This story originated from mtnfootball.com, they've posted stories concerning the super eagles in the past which I doubted. They all turned out to be lies, this one carries the exact same format. Watch out for a complete denial of this rumour fron super eagles camp.
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by 355: 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
NFF pay them their money
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by thekoko007: 6:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
THE REBEL LEADER .............KESHI DON START..AGAIN....U WAN SACK UR OGA ABI..IDIOT[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Provie(m): 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
Goldie20: gone are the days when players played the game with their heart and soul.. now it all abt the $$$ smh..

Football is no longer just a game; it's a profession from where players make a living. Diamonds ar not 4eva.
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by valencia25(m): 6:24pm On Jun 13, 2013
Goldie20: gone are the days when players played the game with their heart and soul.. now it all abt the $$$ smh..
I don't want to comment but u jst f:u.cked up with what you said.
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by codeworks(m): 6:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
they played on our intelligence, future, mind etc now they want play on one that keep Nigerians happy.
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by thekoko007: 6:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
why did you hide my post keshi is a rebel...idiot
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by shegsrules(m): 6:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
If d like d should boycott it afterall d nff house is in a mess n may I ask na only football b d sport for this country?
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by cold(m): 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
This is grossly unfair.You can't just slash my wages/bonus from $5000 to $2500 in one fell swoop without prior consultation & ask me to play for God & country,like seriously wtf!NFF pay them their dues,end of!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2013
But honestly when will these guys at the Glass House ever learn? imagine Coach Keshi paying a staff from his own pocket!, where is that ever done. Say whaetver you like on this matter, am taking sides with the players

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Rossikk(m): 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
cold: This is grossly unfair.You can't just slash my wages/bonus from $5000 to $2500 in one fell swoop without prior consultation & ask me to play for God & country,like seriously wtf!NFF pay them their dues,end of!
If I had the power I would jail every person in NFF responsible for this chaos.
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Goldie20: 6:51pm On Jun 13, 2013
valencia25:
I don't want to comment but u jst f:u.cked up with what you said.

so why are you quoting me then?.. Bwai Go Suh..
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 13, 2013
These players are very selfish, NFF is in a financial crisis for now. I blame NFF for even paying them exorbitant bonuses in the first place. Do you guys know that even with the slashed pay Super Eagles is still the highest paid in africa?

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Deiok(m): 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2013
Their headache. arrant nonsens.
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by otumfour(m): 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
omanifrank: a worker is worthy of is benefits....let them pay them...how many politicians will allow their salaries or bonus to be cutted by %50 down

Shwagg! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Rossikk(m): 7:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
Cajetan speaks: These players are very selfish, NFF is in a financial crisis for now. I blame NFF for even paying them exorbitant bonuses in the first place. Do you guys know that even with the slashed pay Super Eagles is still the highest paid in africa?

Look. Here is what people like you somehow fail to understand:

IN TODAY'S WORLD, AN AGREEMENT IS AN AGREEMENT.

If you FAIL to uphold YOUR SIDE of a deal or agreement, the OTHER PARTY is WITHIN ITS RIGHTS to CANCEL the deal WITHOUT being made to FEEL AS IF THEY ARE IN THE WRONG.

People are WAYYY TOO SMART for such games today. GET WITH THE PROGRAM, or REMAIN IN THE ABYSS WHERE YOU SIT WITH THE IGNORANT DINOSAURS OF NFF.
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Pee2k3: 7:12pm On Jun 13, 2013
Cajetan speaks: These players are very selfish, NFF is in a financial crisis for now. I blame NFF for even paying them exorbitant bonuses in the first place. Do you guys know that even with the slashed pay Super Eagles is still the highest paid in africa?
jealosy tongue
jealosy
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by fremzy1(m): 7:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
If nff no give dem dia ryt I go kill dem one by one
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
Rossikk: These NFF bastards have started again.

Blimey!!! shocked

Glad to see your brain is now functioning the right way, bro.

Hotep!!! grin wink
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Andykuul: 7:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
#Team supereagles players# Those nff a bloody selfish
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by thelastPope(m): 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
This goes both ways. I support the boys asking for their payments but to boycott a competition is taking it too far. BBC says they already missed their flight. That is not good at all. Playing for one's country is not primarily about money. If they boycott the tournament, then they are as bad as the NFF officials. Rejecting $2500 for a draw is just ridiculous!
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
for once ROSSIKK talketh sense!!...i tought he was 110% pro-GOVT.
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by thelastPope(m): 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2013
ShyM-X:

Blimey!!! shocked

Glad to see your brain is now functioning the right way, bro.

Hotep!!! grin wink

Aggrippa: for once ROSSIKK talketh sense!!...i tought he was 110% pro-GOVT.

NFF is not run by the government. have you been living in a cave?
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Rossikk(m): 7:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
thelastPope: This goes both ways. I support the boys asking for their payments but to boycott a competition is taking it too far. BBC says they already missed their flight. That is not good at all. Playing for one's country is not primarily about money. If they boycott the tournament, then they are as bad as the NFF officials.
I disagree. WHY should they not be paid their dues AS AGREED? You cannot reach an agreement and when one party screws up, you condemn the other party for taking requisite action. The only action they can take is strike.

This is how we kick ourselves in the foot like a bunch of idiotts. These guys just won the African Nations Cup, and yet you still want to treat them like dirt. Other countries will move heaven and earth to make that team as happy as possible, to ensure further successes. Our own is to try and cheat them off 2,000 dollars. IDIOTTS WITH NO SHAME OR COMMON SENSE.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by joseph1013: 7:28pm On Jun 13, 2013
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
News like this are saddening. On a normal day,a team should know how much each member earns for a win,draw and lost. With this settled,there wnt b a need for all this katakata..............shame on them all!!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
thelastPope:

NFF is not run by the government. have you been living in a cave?
c'mon the NFA, the sport Minister and his ministry and the FG are one and the same. you can tell from their behaviours....by thy fruits you shall know them!!
Re: Super Eagles Threaten To Boycott Confederations Cup Over Bonus by thelastPope(m): 7:32pm On Jun 13, 2013
Rossikk:
I disagree. WHY should they not be paid their dues AS AGREED? You cannot reach an agreement and when one party screws up, you condemn the other party for taking requisite action. The only action they can take is strike.

This is how we kick ourselves in the foot like a bunch of idiotts. These guys just won the African championships, and yet you still want to treat them like idiots. Other countries will move heaven and earth to make that team as happy as possible, to ensure further successes. Our own is to try and cheat them off 2,000 dollars. RUBBISHH.

What kind of agreement is that that they collect $10000 for a win? How much does spanish players collect? Of Uk players? Zambia won the last 2 Afcon with such little payment. The congolese players asked that their wages be used to develop projects for their country and they are not even half as wealthy as Nigerian players. I do not support NFF but we must balance this. As much as we must come down hard on NFF for any wrong doing, we must not turn this into a money thing else we will never go far again in football. We must learn from history. This was what messed up our participation in Australia and some other tournaments, years back

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal's Alexandre Lacazette Offered to Barcelona, Atletico Madrid and Juventus / Ohale Scores, Oshoala, Chikwelu In Action As Barca Edge Madrid / Femi Kuti To Perform At AFCON 2019 Opening Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.