Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew (48975 Views)

Usefulness Of A Toothpaste / 10 Things You Never Knew You Could Do With Toothpaste / 15 Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by therapisteve(m): 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2013
If this is actually true, then I think The most suitable Name for it should be OmniPaste

1 Like

Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2013
@Op; wow; amazing; especially the one on jewelry; that's great!!!......thanks a lot.....;
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by chalxdon(m): 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
The one for jewelry is a sure bet. I've been using it to sparkle my jewelry anytime they get dim. It works like magic. Also, the one of using it to clean stained pressing iron is true. Nice post

1 Like

Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by MamaCass: 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2013
Not only that, it can also be used to remove stain from iron(pressing iron). Instead of using razor blade on your iron, just plug the iron to your electric source and make hot abit and apply toothpaste. Then wipe clean with a cloth. It comes out very clean without any scratch.

1 Like

Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Fhemmmy: 2:16pm On Sep 19, 2013
Slimfitgen: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Could Ever Imagine

You’ll be amazed to know how many benefits an ordinary toothpaste can provide. You can start considering your toothpaste a “Magic tube” because the miracles it can do for you are simply unbelievable.

The origin of toothpaste can be traced back to ancient Egyptian civilization when a mixture of myrrh, burned eggshells, pumice, ox-hoof ash and water was used for the first time to keep the teeth clean. The formulae got fame under the name of toothpaste in 1850s. The first collapsible toothpaste tube was introduced by Dr. Washington Sheffield in London in 1892. His son brought the idea from artists in Paris who used oil paints in metallic tubes. Later in 1896 Clogate and Company made the imitation of Sheffield’s collapsible tubes under the name of Colagte Ribbon Dental Cream.

The primary function of toothpaste is to maintain oral health; it keeps the cavities away and protects you from gum diseases. It is recommended to brush your teeth twice a day for at least 3 minutes. Ok! Enough with the use of toothpaste for teeth! It’s about time you take it out of your washroom and use it around your home. Don’t know how?

Here is how you can make use of this “Magic tube”:

1. Tooth paste as a hand sanitizer
Want to make your hands germ free? Take a drop of toothpaste and mix it with a little water, apply this mixture to your hands. The mixture would not only work as a disinfectant but would also help you get rid of the dreadful smell of the onions and garlic if you have diced one.

Piano Cleaner
Constant tickling on the ivory piano keys can turn them dirty. You can clean them up, the same way you clean your teeth. All you need is a brush and toothpaste, brush the keys of the piano well and then rub them with a damp cloth. If toothpaste can work on human teeth, it can also work well on elephant’s teeth (ivory). Toothpaste is equally good as a cleaner for modern pianos with plastic keys.

2. Fix Nail Holes
We know nail holes make your walls look bad and you might need some professional help to fix them. Wait! Try toothpaste. You can easily fill the nail holes with toothpaste, let it dry and touch it up with paint. Problem solved!

3. Excellent Stain Remover for Clothes
Ink, lipstick, ketchup! Dropped them on clothes? Don’t worry! Toothpaste will make these stains vanish in a minute. Just apply some tooth paste on these tough stains, scrub them, rinse well and poof! They are gone.
You can even clean up your carpet stains with the help of toothpaste in the same way.

4. Quick Remedy for Pimples
Need a quick remedy to treat those pimples? Simple! Apply toothpaste on the pimple at night and wash it in the morning. By morning, it will be gone. Toothpaste effectively absorbs the oil from the pimples, making them dry and flattens them. Keep in mind that this remedy shouldn’t be used more than once a week as it can make your skin over dry. Also do a patch test before applying as some people might get skin irritation by using it.

5. Makes your CDs Scratch less
Oops! There’s a scratch on your important CD. No problem! Put some toothpaste on it and wipe it off with a piece of clean cloth.

6. Tooth paste as Jewelry and Cutlery Cleane[/b]r
Now you don’t need to take your gold and diamond jewelry to the jewelry store to get them polished when you have toothpaste at your home. Take some toothpaste and brush your piece of jewelry with an old tooth brush, rinse with water. It will make them sparkling clean. You can clean up your silver cutlery in the similar way.

7. [b]Can serve as your shoe polish

Toothpaste can serve as your shoe polish. It can help remove scuffs from your leather shoes. Apply some of it on the area that has been scuffed and rub it with a soft piece of cloth, then wipe off with a clean damp cloth. Your shoes will turn good as new. It can also clean the rubber area of your fleets or sneakers.

8. Works as crayon remover from walls
Your little one has been showing his art skills by drawing on the walls? Now you don’t need to cover that with paint. Just apply a little toothpaste on the area where crayons have been used and rub it with a damp rag.

9. Deodorize Baby Bottles
Baby bottles develop sour milk smell after being used constantly. To deodorize your baby’s bottle use a little toothpaste and scrub it really well with the bottle brush. Make sure you rinse it thoroughly afterwards.

10. [b]Effective for Burns and Insect Bites
People working in kitchen usually get their fingers or hands burnt. Unfortunately, if it happens next time, put some toothpaste on the affected area. The key component, Eucalyptus found in toothpastes will soothe the burns. (Personal experience)
Insect bites are causing you itchiness? Apply some toothpaste over it. Toothpaste works well for flea, ants and mosquito bites.
[/b]
11. Nail Cleaner
Next time you can do your manicure at home. At least you won’t need a professional help to fix your nails. The teeth and nails are made up of similar material. So just the way you clean your teeth you can clean your nails as well. Just switch your tooth brush with a nail brush and clean up those nails thoroughly.

12. Works as a Defogger
Professional swimmers use toothpaste to defog their swimming goggles. Just apply some toothpaste and rub with a clean damp cloth, they will turn clear.

13. Sticks Posters
Can’t find glue to paste those posters on the wall? No worries. Stick them up with toothpaste; it won’t even damage your walls.

14. Removes water marks
Need to get rid of those water mark rings that have spoiled your furniture? Use toothpaste. Rub the mark with soft cloth and it’ll be gone in a few seconds.

http://richsourceentertainment..com/2013/06/things-you-can-do-with-toothpaste-that.html?spref=tw

I saw this in action just yesterday and i was amazed . . . .Things we learn from Kids
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by aduje(m): 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
spread tooth paste on bread and enjoy fresh breath taste of that bread. butter is dull, bama is gummy, but toothpaste leaves your mouth fresh after using it on slice of bread or agege stuff. A trial will make you believe.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Crixina(f): 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
Smartsyn: In the absense of Vaseline, it can be used as a lubricant
I keep seeing this vaseline lubricant stuff,a thread was once created on cossy whatever,someone said let me go get my vaseline,what is it really used for?
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Crixina(f): 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2013
3ace: OP, thanks o for reminding me of some of the things I can use toothpaste for. Nice article.

Update:
OP, sorry o, Kobenol, the Mr Benevolence has forced you to post the article here. And I'm wondering if the lady above me deleted her comment. 9 likes for a full stop? Just wondering..
guy I thought so too when I saw it,its now 15 likes.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Ifedechidex: 2:42pm On Sep 19, 2013
nikkyshyne: Really? cool

yeah,it works. I've tried it too
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Crixina(f): 2:46pm On Sep 19, 2013
Olawale slimfit: True that. Cos i remembered i saw a boko guy with two tubes of closeup....... ;DTrue that. Cos i remembered i saw a boko guy with t tubes of closeup.......
so you even know a Boko guy?

1 Like

Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by joywendy(f): 2:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
This is really kul, nice one op. Do u knw that baby powder can prevent ant and mouth wash can be used for disinfectant in d toliet
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Skenge98: 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
That is good, OP I never knew toothpaste has such effect.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Biggyd2: 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2013
Thanks OP.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by AMossley(m): 4:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
nikkyshyne: Really? cool
yes,it's true especially the ones with mint like close up
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Unkl(m): 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2013
Awesome thread
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Kingjames(m): 5:33pm On Sep 19, 2013
@op, good job.
Oh! lest I forget, that ur electric pressing iron that is brownish @ the base and shows off its annoyance on that ur sparkling white cloth,kiss:-P;-(
worry no more, heat up the iron, spread a toothpaste on the affected area and wipe off with a damp hand-towel, u'll be amazed!
Thank me later.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Unkl(m): 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2013
Awesome tips
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by erul: 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2013
sergio-zlatan:
Wow! Nice. Quite informative

I've learnt something cool today
truuuuuu
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by kentochi(m): 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
Wow! Thats niceooooo
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by write2obi(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2013
TIDDOLL: BOKO ALERT!!BOKO ALERT!!BOKO ALERT!!
Troll
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by kinnad(m): 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
Is it all toothpastes,even the herbal ones? i suspect close up,its getin more expensive these days. my-my is cheap,i dont think it has dat kinda power grin
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by tomzman: 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2013
Quite an informative thread. You can also use toothpaste to clean your iron. I've been doing that for quite a long time now. I've learnt new uses of toothpaste. Kudos OP!
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by delors(m): 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2013
It can also cure ring worm...aka lakpalakpa. cool I used it as a kid then.
And in the absence of lollipop, take a lick. (as a kid ni o...)
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by samseen02(m): 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
Slimfitgen: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Could Ever Imagine

1. Tooth paste as a hand sanitizer
Want to make your hands germ free? Take a drop of toothpaste and mix it with a little water, apply this mixture to your hands. The mixture would not only work as a disinfectant but would also help you get rid of the dreadful smell of the onions and garlic if you have diced one.

Ehm.. Op thanks! Diz will reduce my spendings on Dettol
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Austyn44(m): 11:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
henceforth, I ll buy 2 toothpaste. 1 for my teeth n d other for home use.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Micron21(m): 9:15am On Sep 20, 2013
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Micron21(m): 9:18am On Sep 20, 2013
Hmmmm. Mouth closedHmmmm. Mouth closedHmmmm. Mouth closed
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by benedictac(f): 9:43am On Sep 20, 2013

u nor serious oh.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by exqusite: 10:25am On Sep 20, 2013
smiley no be smal tin o. Na him be say tooth paste go soon cost o
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Fawklicant: 10:30am On Sep 20, 2013
Use toothpaste to wipe off sludge from hot pressing iron. It works like magic.
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by babe2011(f): 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: .
Please I will like to know why people use dot like this after conversation or something. No offense please thanks
Re: Things You Can Do With A Toothpaste That You Never Knew by Shayooluwah(m): 8:23am On Sep 23, 2013
Ninilowo:
I hope it is not what am thinking.
it betta not be o, mayb he z talkng bout lubricant 4 car engine sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) / Big Python Killed At FGGC Staff Quarters Calabar (pix) / Gas Explosion Rocks Kaduna, Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.