Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. (9884 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / Fashola Commissions Peninsula Integrated Power Project. . PICS... / Fashola Commissions 100 New Air-Conditioned Buses At Oshodi - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by EkoIle1: 4:06am On Jun 14, 2013

Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Thursday commissioned the Paving Stone Production Line of the Lagos State Public Works Corporation at Ojodu, saying Government will continue to be creative and resourceful in its unceasing work to keep Lagos roads motorable.

The Governor who spoke with newsmen after cutting the tape at the very short event preceding his inspection of the Production Line in operation said what has just started running at the plant is the new paving stone making machine for interlocking blocks which would be useful in many water logged areas of Lagos where asphalt and bitumen doesn’t really thrive.

“But for me having bought this machine, the next step is how we are going to make this machine. I have already challenged the engineers, the next of these machines must be made in Lagos and they have the research funds and all those materials and we are not just going to be consuming. Everything we buy now, we want to know what works inside and how it works”.

Commending the management of the Corporation for being innovative and forward looking, the Governor said, “So far, so good and the march continues and they have also built their own moulds to start casting drains and are increasingly becoming a local arm for building our roads, so the capacity is increasing and I think the workers are happy”.

[b]
The Governor said considering the tonnage of cargo on Lagos roads which he described as excruciating, there Is no other city that has and subjects its roads to the kind of tonnage that Lagos experiences without rail for evacuating goods from the port and still keeps traffic moving like this.

“I tell people that keeping Lagos traffic moving with the cargo that comes through our ports everyday is perhaps the eighth miracle of the world. The Public Works Corporation is our parastatal for addressing the maintenance issue of our roads while the ministry uses contractors to build new roads”.

The Governor also noted that the agency is increasing its capacity as the Asphalt plant that was down before is now up and running while also selling asphalt to other government agencies within and outside the state.

He added that a lot is happening in terms of human capacity development, welfare of the workers, health and safety in the yard and also the environmental aesthetics by trying to raise standards at the works yard, stressing that the journey continues.[/b]

The Governor was received by the Executive Chairman of the Public Works Corporation, Mr Gbenga Akintola and the Special Adviser to the Governor on Works and Infrastructure, Engineer Ganiyu Johnson as well as other senior officials of the Corporation.

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstagenew/index.php?active=news&newscid=9053&catid=2

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by EkoIle1: 4:11am On Jun 14, 2013
Though I'm loving this project, the real koko and inspiring aspect of the whole deal is the red highlight...

Another great reason to love and commend this this man for always going above and beyond to deliver for his people and make his state a better place.

This is not a leader siting around just to collect paychecks, he's a sense of duty and purpose leader, a motivator and and precious template for many more leaders destined to follow his footsteps...

Salute....

16 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by Janiobi(m): 9:27am On Jun 14, 2013
Fashola,, I DAY FILL U DIE. While order gov. are busy fighting, fashola is busy pimping lagos to it's full status. When will they ever learn from the boss (fashola) cool kiss

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by AbuMikey(m): 9:27am On Jun 14, 2013
How come this threÀd started on a very bad note!!....So many HIDDEN POSTs alreadycheesycheesy
Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by obi123: 9:27am On Jun 14, 2013
Fashola has a vision
Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by AbuMikey(m): 9:28am On Jun 14, 2013
Nice Idea from the Governor Sha!!
#respect
Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by kyrian1(m): 9:29am On Jun 14, 2013
gud 4 dem
Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by gbanikiti(m): 9:30am On Jun 14, 2013
When i see hidden comments like this, am always discouraged to comment. I'll just pass......

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by daywatcher: 9:34am On Jun 14, 2013
if only Fashola is a left wing governor
Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by pistol: 9:36am On Jun 14, 2013
Bia this eko ile,
Don't you have something productive to do with your time eh?
When next fashola shiites,pls don't forget to come tells us ok.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by 2fine2fast(m): 9:36am On Jun 14, 2013
This guy always makes sense

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by fitzmayowa: 9:37am On Jun 14, 2013
Eko oni baje ooo

1 Like

Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by mbhs139(m): 9:39am On Jun 14, 2013
Abu Mikey: How come this threÀd started on a very bad note!!....So many HIDDEN POSTs alreadycheesycheesy

Wouldn't you have done same if after reading such a laudable idea all some people have to say is to pour aspersion on the person of the Governor?

Take it or leave it: Fashola is Working/Lagos is Working

When was the last time you read on this thread that Fashola is fighting one Local Government Chairman or a Commissioner, or grounding the Aircraft or Vehicle of one somebody. If he's not commissioning one project or another, he's busy inspiring some people somewhere on how to make the state work.

13 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by dridowu: 9:41am On Jun 14, 2013
lasgidi no go spoil
Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by mbhs139(m): 9:42am On Jun 14, 2013
pistol: Bia this eko ile,

I know your problem, it has a name: HATRED!

As a matter of fact, you really wish Fashola is your State Governor, or that your state Governor do half of what he does.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by doctokwus: 9:46am On Jun 14, 2013
Fashola has some areas of deficit in terms on how he governs lagos state& he has not bn able to wipe off d stigma of his clearly elitist approach to governance of lagos state,but one thing all must admit,elitist or not,deficient or not;is that this is a man clearly driven by ideas,a man who uses every minute of his life thinking,bringing up ideas& putting into practice those innovations he has crafted in his mind.He,despite some deficiencies,whc can b remedied I think wen he is confronted wt superior ideas, is probably d best dis democracy has to offer& I wud sorely like to see him in a certain capacity in d presidency.Vp ticket is d minimum a man of his ability& deep foresight deserves.He reminds me of Barrack Obama,deep sighted,futuristic individuals.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by PeterKbaba: 9:51am On Jun 14, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by PeterKbaba: 9:52am On Jun 14, 2013
Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by Pedagogue: 9:54am On Jun 14, 2013
Oh gracious God, when will Nigeria be governed like Lagos!!!

But How is that possible when we have a system that only supports someone like GEJ as President and Fashola, a governor!!!

it's also d same reason why the 'Oga at the top man' was the Commandant of Lagos State NSCDC whereas there are hundreds of proactive officers under him who can never smell the office of 'the commandant' of a town not to talk of Lagos state!

Until we start fielding our BEST 11, Nigeria can never change

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by AbuMikey(m): 9:57am On Jun 14, 2013
mbhs139:

Wouldn't you have done same if after reading such a laudable idea all some people have to say is to pour aspersion on the person of the Governor?

Take it or leave it: Fashola is Working/Lagos is Working

When was the last time you read on this thread that Fashola is fighting one Local Government Chairman or a Commissioner, or grounding the Aircraft or Vehicle of one somebody. If he's not commissioning one project or another, he's busy inspiring some people somewhere on how to make the state work.
Bros na Wetin? Check my second post for this thread!!.....Before You go spit thrash
Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by obailala(m): 10:00am On Jun 14, 2013
pistol: Bia this eko ile,
Haha grin
Please leave eko ile alone. He's merely doing his job which he gets paid for (or maybe hopes to get paid one day) cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by mbhs139(m): 10:01am On Jun 14, 2013
Abu Mikey: Bros na Wetin? Check my second post for this thread!!.....Before You go spit thrash

No o! No get me wrong o! I'm not fighting you o! I'm only buttressing your point bro.
Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by mbhs139(m): 10:04am On Jun 14, 2013
doctokwus: Fashola has some areas of deficit in terms on how he governs lagos state& he has not bn able to wipe off d stigma of his clearly elitist approach to governance of lagos state,but one thing all must admit,elitist or not,deficient or not;is that this is a man clearly driven by ideas,a man who uses every minute of his life thinking,bringing up ideas& putting into practice those innovations he has crafted in his mind.He,despite some deficiencies,whc can b remedied I think wen he is confronted wt superior ideas, is probably d best dis democracy has to offer& I wud sorely like to see him in a certain capacity in d presidency.Vp ticket is d minimum a man of his ability& deep foresight deserves.He reminds me of Barrack Obama,deep sighted,futuristic individuals.

Everybody has the bolded. But then, his laudable achievements, which you rightly attest to, counter balances the bolded and leaves us with a buoyant credit side.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Commissions Paving Stone Production Line. pics added. by pistol: 10:05am On Jun 14, 2013
mbhs139:

I know your problem, it has a name: HATRED!

As a matter of fact, you really wish Fashola is your State Governor, or that your state Governor do half of what he does.

Hate wetin?
The environmental and traffic control governor.
Fashola sneezes....eko onibaje
Fashola shaves.....eko onibaje
Fashole gets intimate...eko onibaje.
Person no go hear word?
You need to travel out of tour comfort zone to see some wonderful projects being executed by other governors.
Try going to imo,enugu,katsina,akwa ibom states.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Blasts Tinubu Over Market Women Leader / Taiwo Adisa: There Are Plots To Cause Unrest In Oyo State Through Fake News / Enugu Governorship Election Petition Tribunal Delivers Judgement Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.