Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. (8975 Views)

2016 Budget: Breakdown Of Sums Allocated To Presidency, Mdas, Others / Is This True About Our Minister Of Finance, Kemi Adeosun? / Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by mitey(m): 10:18am On Jun 15, 2013

... Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who Thursday revealed that a preliminary search had already identified N58 billion of such funds by some MDAs ...

Are we sure this is not a means to divert money from one account to another?

We heard that billions was recovered from subsidy thieves. Where is the money today?

We also heard of the billions that the government recovered from Pension scam. What has the government done with it.

Okonjo-Iweala's name has not been linked to any major stolen money recovery in the past to the best of my knowledge and she has a good international reputation.

I just hope this time the money is used for good.
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by Owodiong(m): 10:22am On Jun 15, 2013
I believ in u....iron lady xpose dem jooor
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by onyeego(m): 10:23am On Jun 15, 2013
Policewoman: Did i collect anyone from you?
I run my things with AIGs, they are very powerful u no.
Just one phone call d DPO will be sweating like a Christmas goat grin
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by Kk4(m): 10:33am On Jun 15, 2013
Change is gradually coming to Nigeria. Hope we continue in this unfamiliar trend. Amen
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by ewet: 10:33am On Jun 15, 2013
It's about time. But you havn' mentioned what will happen to the culprits?

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 15, 2013
Good move.

I hope the heads of these revenue-generating agencies will be made to face the music...

Otherwise its another half-hearted measure just like last year's subsidy removal.
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2013
Anuty Ngor,u are the hope the poor have nw in nigerian. I trust this Womam. Can someone remembered,when I stateed unless a womam is giveing chance to rule this nation cause they feel pain to see ur child go to be without eaten food.
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by Sibrah: 10:46am On Jun 15, 2013
dgitrader:

Don't mind that sebla. He probably doesn't understand the public service system.
Under the current govt. the culprit will end up walking away free. So what's the whole gra gra about.
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by OneNaira6: 11:00am On Jun 15, 2013
NOI, my sister, once more nice work

grin
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by HAH: 11:32am On Jun 15, 2013
The EFCC should also prosecute the officers that opened and maintained such accounts and also their bankers for aiding them.

If this is not done the after a while someone will still do it, we only learn through the hard way
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by olajide8(m): 12:05pm On Jun 15, 2013
how pathetic can this situation be, they are now trying to hid under the umbrella that their are some hidden funds in some banks by agencies, when they havent even implemented the 2013 budget proposal and they are also mopping all funds in circulation under the pretext of reducing inflation, offices businesses are closing down daily, well i dont have so much tosay other then what i have been saying severally in the past this President is clueless, and he doesnt even know what is happening, https://www.nairaland.com/1251492/myopic-nigeria, corruption is at its peak both administrative, and executive lawlessness and corruption angryhow pathetic can this situation be, they are now trying to hid under the umbrella that their are some hidden funds in some banks by agencies, when they havent even implemented the 2013 budget proposal and they are also mopping all funds in circulation under the pretext of reducing inflation, offices businesses are closing down daily, well i dont have so much tosay other then what i have been saying severally in the past this President is clueless, and he doesnt even know what is happening, https://www.nairaland.com/1251492/myopic-nigeria, corruption is at its peak both administrative, and executive lawlessness and corruption
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by ozolity(m): 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2013
Sibrah: And you should be proud of your post.
Where are all the past culprits today? - the subsidy theives? the pension theives? the BH suspects? the ND terrorist of yesterday? And many more? Once you allign with some team Fresh Air big shots you are covered. Anybody seeking to attract praise or fool the masses can do what NOI has done.
Ignorance will kill u. If u dont knw the difference between d executive nd d judiciary. For ur info, d subsidy case, d pension case nd BH suspects are currently with d judiciary, u shuld attack d court not d executive. D executive ve done thier own part.
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by ozolity(m): 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
olajide_07: how pathetic can this situation be, they are now trying to hid under the umbrella that their are some hidden funds in some banks by agencies, when they havent even implemented the 2013 budget proposal and they are also mopping all funds in circulation under the pretext of reducing inflation, offices businesses are closing down daily, well i dont have so much tosay other then what i have been saying severally in the past this President is clueless, and he doesnt even know what is happening, https://www.nairaland.com/1251492/myopic-nigeria, corruption is at its peak both administrative, and executive lawlessness and corruption angryhow pathetic can this situation be, they are now trying to hid under the umbrella that their are some hidden funds in some banks by agencies, when they havent even implemented the 2013 budget proposal and they are also mopping all funds in circulation under the pretext of reducing inflation, offices businesses are closing down daily, well i dont have so much tosay other then what i have been saying severally in the past this President is clueless, and he doesnt even know what is happening, https://www.nairaland.com/1251492/myopic-nigeria, corruption is at its peak both administrative, and executive lawlessness and corruption
i think u re d most clueless being I ve ever cm accross for calling ur elected president clueless. U re only exposing ur ignorance. If u re telling urself d truth, tell me any other past leader in our past 2 decades that ve fought corruption like dis man u tagged clueless, tell me any other that ve exposed corruption like him. D 2013 budget 2nd quota release was done last 2 weeks. So stop displaying ur ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by tellwisdom: 12:48pm On Jun 15, 2013
Policewoman: Did i collect anyone from you?
You na police at all... This one wey ur body still smooth like this. E be like sey na ur hand al the money wey ur boiz dey collect, dey enter abi?? cool
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by bejeria101(m): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Bros, the politicians are the least of our problems when it comes to corruption. The civil service is where the real corruption is. Trust me, the money stolen by the politicians is 'chicken change' compared to what is stolen by civil servants.
that is a lie from the pit of the world bank,btw the politicians and the civil service who gets the money n sits on it first
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
ocelot2006:

Dude, seriously, stop posting comments on this topic. You're embarrassing yourself here. Same with the clueless dude that hit the LIKE button for you.
Is he lieing? undecided
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by deletrue: 4:03pm On Jun 15, 2013
Well, jona should expect more enemies. He should wait for increased number of abusive, insultive news papers publications and others. But never mind. Continue your work.
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by olajide8(m): 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2013
ozolity: i think u re d most clueless being I ve ever cm accross for calling ur elected president clueless. U re only exposing ur ignorance. If u re telling urself d truth, tell me any other past leader in our past 2 decades that ve fought corruption like dis man u tagged clueless, tell me any other that ve exposed corruption like him. D 2013 budget 2nd quota release was done last 2 weeks. So stop displaying ur ignorance.
How naive can a human being be? the likes of reuben abati jump to the aid of a man living in a presidential bubble and your likes are talking, how old are you sef!! ignoramus
Moreover, i am privilegded to deal with a few of these MDA's, i guess you are a salary earner and 30days make a pay for you. And for your information it takes approxiately 3weeks for the released funds on paper to get to the MDA's, they only released the budget on pages of newspaper 2weeks ago and that being the second quarter what happened to the first quarter? if you also read this thread you would find out they have frozen their accounts for investigation, meaning it hasnt been released to buttress more *schooling you* we would use an hypothtical scenario NPHCDA published tenders for capital expenditure 2 weeks ago, and just this week gone by they reshuddled the opening of most of their tenders and spread them, why? you must know for a fact the law that states that no MDA's should spend money except they have the funds in their accounts, so draw out that picture, and i am not sorry to repeat it i didnt vote for this government, because right from the unset they did not give me a vision they wanted to run with apart from agenda's, nonetity *when people talk your likes should shuuu* -thats all.
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by Tinyemeka(m): 7:00pm On Jun 15, 2013
3ace: Aaaarrgghh! Bankers! Why are you people like this? The banking industry is one of our problems when corruption is discussed. In as much as the bulk of the blame is on our greedy politicians, the bankers' connivance with them in perpetrating this act is unacceptable. Maybe the government should start clamping down on bankers who facilitate corruption. Please, you look responsible, act responsibly.
undecided
For your mind now you smart.
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by adeniyikassim: 11:30am On Jun 16, 2013
All these monies where are they??do they use it to create employment for unemployed youth?

World Bank releases list of Nigerian looters @2009

LOOTED MONEY DISCOVERED IN FOREIGN BANKS

NAMES OF DEPOSITORS LONDON SWISS($) USA ($) GERMANY (D)

GEN IBRAHIM BABANGIDA 6.25bn 7.41bn 2.00bn 9.00bn

GEN ABUBAKAR 1.31bn 2.33bn 800M

REAR ADMIRAL MIKE AKHIGBE 1.24bn 2.42bn 671M 1bn

GEN JERRY USENI 3.04bn 2.01bn 1.01bn 900M

ALH ISMAILA GWARZO 1.03bn 2.00bn 1.3bn 700M

ALH UMARU DIKKO 4.5bn 1.4bn 700M 345M

PAUL OGWUMA 300M 1.42bn 200M 500M

GEN SANI ABACHA 9.01bn 4.09bn 800M 3.01M

MOHAMMED ABACHA 300M 1.2bn 150M 535M

ABDULKADIR ABACHA 700M 1.21bn 900M 471M

ALHAJI WADA NAS 600M 1.32bn 300M

TOM IKIMI 400M 1.39bn 152M 371M

DAN ETETE 1.12bn 1.03bn 400M 1.72bn

DON ETIBET 2.5bn 1.06bn 700M 361M

MAJ AL MUSTAPHA 600M 1.001bn 210M

ANTHONY ANI 2.9bn 1.09bn 360M 1.66bn

BASHIR DALHATU 2.3bn 1.001bn 161M 1.43bn

GEN WUSHISHI 700M 1.301bn

ALH HASSAN ADAMU 300M 200M 700M

T Y DANJUMA 300M 200M 700M

GEN ISHAYA BAMAYI 120M 800M

SOURCE: WORLD BANK TO THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by adeniyikassim: 11:34am On Jun 16, 2013
freezing of account announced by Ngozi does not translate to anything we are just deceiving our self....it is common paper work grin
Re: Ministry Of Finance Freezes MDAs Accounts. by COMPAQ(m): 12:04pm On Jun 16, 2013
Unfortunately not much will change. Next year we will hear a similar story in the news again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo And Babangida, Abacha Playing The Game Of Draughts / Saharareporters -- Audio Recording Of Pastor Bakare $50,000 AsoRock Bribe Story / Here We Go Again: CPC Rejects Presidential Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.