Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

thanks - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / thanks (839 Views)

thanks every one.. / Thanks GAZZUZZ / Mum Thanks Honda, Not God For Son's Survival In Auto Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

thanks by eddy42k(m): 8:34am On Jun 14, 2013
pls aside reducing the engine power and increase in fuel consumption ,what negative effect dose disconnecting the turbo have from a vw passat 2002 1.8t engine,
no mech really knows how to fix it properly here, so considering disconecting or bypassing it.
Re: thanks by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 14, 2013
since u r dealing with the 1.8T VW group powerplant, Siena will be in the best position to answer this...
Re: thanks by eddy42k(m): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2013
Still waiting
Re: thanks by clino: 3:29am On Jun 16, 2013
There is thread for VW & Audi issues by Siena, why don't u ask this question there. More people will even learn from thoughtfulness. Cos I think it's a great question u asked
Re: thanks by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 16, 2013
eddy42k: pls aside reducing the engine power and increase in fuel consumption ,what negative effect dose disconnecting the turbo have from a vw passat 2002 1.8t engine,
no mech really knows how to fix it properly here, so considering disconecting or bypassing it.

I would advice you change your "mechanic". Or better still, tell him to slit his wrists. There are decent VW mechanics in proper VW franchised garages in Nigeria, you simply prefer to choose the cheaper and uninformed option.

Disconnecting the turbo, will cause the engine to run in limp mode, be extremely sluggish (it's a low compression motor) and of course, fuel consumption will go through the roof. You'll find it frustrating going up steep hills / inclines.

Running with your turbo "disconnected" will cause excessive over fuelling; limp mode will also over load your crank, and your engine will eventually die.

1 Like

Re: thanks by ziccoit: 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2013
Siena:

I would advice you change your "mechanic". Or better still, tell him to slit his wrists.
Lol.
Re: thanks by eddy42k(m): 3:56pm On Jun 16, 2013
Thanks u all. I did it my self just dis morning after getting a new turbo from the market yesterday...thanks to YouTube ..my car is now very smart and happy...thanks to you all

1 Like

Re: thanks by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
I have problem with my Toyota highlander 2007 auto transmission.Initial it moved forward but sluggish in reverse.I took it to a gear guy and he said the transmission couldnt be repaired because the whole stuff is grounded into tiny metals inside the gear box. He suggested I changed the transmission from 13 pin module to 10 pin., but when It was done there was no improvement, eventually it stopped moving altogether. The transmission and the ECU was scanned but no abnormality discovered according to the technician. It was suggested I changed back to 13 pin module. What could have been the problem? Auxiliary gear ? ABS? and where can I get competent and reliable technician who could fix it.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Extreme 4x4 River Crossing!!! Must Watch! / I NEED Price Of 1990 Fordtransit Petrol Engine / Toyota Camry 1998 Steering Pump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.