Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,396 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Best Baby Food - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Best Baby Food (124379 Views)

5 Rich Home Made Baby Food / Do You Steal Baby Food? / Baby Food Recipes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Baby Food by Pretty4ril: 9:22am On Jun 26, 2013
Good ideas here waooh.
Re: Best Baby Food by olatundeabiola: 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
anybody in d house that knows how to prepare kunu
Re: Best Baby Food by ogechique: 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
Soya beans n pap(dawa/ogibaba) is d best to giv ur 6months n above child.afta fryin d soya beans buy bonga fish, peel off d skin n remove d bone,crayfish n little groundnut.blend evrytin togeda n mix with d pap with milk.Complan bby milk is ok bt u tink its too expensive add peak 123 if d bby is up to 1yr. Thks guys I hope my comment helped.
Re: Best Baby Food by corrall(f): 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hi people, i have an 8 month old baby and this is what i do;

1. I give her pap( corn + dawa + millet), blended together with formula, palm oil and crayfish sometimes.

2. i do gerber products once in a while.

3. There was this mix i bought from a health center i go to for immunization (groundnut + corn + soya bean), i turn it and give her with milk.

4. Cerelac, the one that is 3 cereals mix.

5. grounded quaker oats with milk

6. there was this grounded rice i bought from the same health center. i mix it like the gorundnut thinghy but with cray fish and palm oil.

7. Banana and orange juice.

8. Egg yolk and some very soft noodles

9. some times, i peel and cook beans, with titus fish and crayfish and little pepper and tiny salt with palm oil.

10. i experiment with mashed potatoes (sweet and irish), with chicken or liver.

Please note that all this concoctions have to be pureed. so i have a special blender for her food.

I found out that babies could get tired of one taste of food so i change and change, but the first 6 foods are her base meals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Baby Food by kendraloops(f): 10:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
lovely thread.
Re: Best Baby Food by Debisin: 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
Pls what if u soak ur soya for a day and remove d cover thereafter b4 drying@soyapowder
Re: Best Baby Food by naijainfogalery: 5:30pm On Jan 01, 2015
for all Nigerians foods, ingredients and condiments.

http://www.nigerianfoods.com/
Re: Best Baby Food by naijainfogalery: 5:30pm On Jan 01, 2015
for all Nigerians foods, ingredients and condiments.
Re: Best Baby Food by naijainfogalery: 5:48pm On Jan 01, 2015
Cerelac Instant Cereal with Milk - Cerelac is a highly nutritious, easily digested instant cereal popular throughout the world. Suitable as a complimentary food for infants from 6 months onwards when breast milk or formula alone can no longer meet the baby's growing nutritional requirements

http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/cerelac-1kg
Re: Best Baby Food by TrishaP(f): 10:05am On Jan 02, 2015
Have you tried purity, it comes in yoghurt form with different flavours and in cereal. My little sis she's 11months now, she has been taking this purity since her 5months. She doesn't take any other meal apart it. You can find them in any supermarket.

Re: Best Baby Food by jadareese: 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2015
recently,i overheard an elderly lady was telling someone about introducing wheatmeal to improve her babys weight. mine is 8months old now and has weight issues. can anyone pls help with any wheat recipe and its preparation? or should i jus roast and mill with other condiments (soya,crayfish,peanuts and co.) and prepare like pap?
Re: Best Baby Food by jokinexcel(m): 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
You can use friso baby food, it's a product of WAMMCO makers of peak milk. It s very good and affordable. We have friso gold, friso wheat and friso rice. When the baby is up to one year then switch over to peak 123 milk. Very cheap.

1 Like

Re: Best Baby Food by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2016
AmakaOne:
my mum fed all of us this when we were growing up

Beans porridge (thats what I call it)

Ingredients
1. Beans
2. Cray Fish
3. Butter

Wash the cover of the beans off (as if you want to make akara or moi-moi) and also to prevent the child from diarrhea, soak the beans in water for a while.
Grind the beans until smooth.
Boil some water, add a bit (just a bit) of crayfish into the water. Add about a tablespoon of the beans paste. Stir while it cooks, it becomes thick very quickly. Add a pinch of salt when it is ready. Add butter to taste.
Its like making pap.
Serve immediately it cools a bit. when it cools it 'turns' into moi-moi.
Wash and soak for almost a whole day to soften the beans, reducing cooking time.
With time (as she grows older),  add other things like fish, green pepper etc.
Looks so natural to me but
What about the remaining beans how do you preserve it
Re: Best Baby Food by DonaTee(f): 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2017
Debisin:
Pls what if u soak ur soya for a day and remove d cover thereafter b4 drying@soyapowder

after removing d cover u cook it 45mins to 1hr. Seive out water den dry/roast.

if u don't cook it d cyanide will still be contained in it which is dangerous.

Old thread. But had to drop this info
Re: Best Baby Food by Jaaqbruce: 8:20pm On Nov 29, 2020
Just give BabyBloom cereals a trial...your baby will never eat any other cereals. It is the best baby food now in Nigeria and very affordable

Re: Best Baby Food by Narisa01(f): 9:45am On Jan 14, 2021
Please I need advice on the food to use for my baby... she's just 1 month and 2weeks.

Thanks
Re: Best Baby Food by Pennywise2: 3:38pm On May 21, 2023
those are wonderful baby food and i hope babies can take eggs too.
Re: Best Baby Food by Diligent1(f): 11:01pm On May 21, 2023
Afribiz:
Hi all,
Please could anyone tell me the best food for a baby below one year old? I'm presently giving my seven months old baby ogi(pap), but i think i should be giving him something better, or should i continue with the pap in addition to some other food? Please i need more education on this topic. Thanks.
NUTRBOM is good, it has varieties of fruits and it's cheaper, I used to buy it N600
Re: Best Baby Food by Diligent1(f): 11:02pm On May 21, 2023
Afribiz:
Hi all,
Please could anyone tell me the best food for a baby below one year old? I'm presently giving my seven months old baby ogi(pap), but i think i should be giving him something better, or should i continue with the pap in addition to some other food? Please i need more education on this topic. Thanks.
NUTRIBOM is good, it has varieties of fruits and it's cheaper, I used to buy it N600

(1) (2) (Reply)

Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins / Bakers Square - Show Us Your Cake Designs Here / Golden Morn Unsuitable For Children Under 3 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.