Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,533 members, 7,770,380 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:08 AM

PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son (27084 Views)

Bamanga Tukur Escapes Assassination - The Nation / Why Tinubu Boycotted APC NEC Meeting – Chieftain: The SUN / Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by bappahman: 10:21am On Jun 15, 2013
The beef is real: Only one governor attends wedding of Bamanga Tukur’s son

by Paul Osas

Well, it’s not like we enjoy comparing politicians or anything of that sort but we couldn’t resist.

Only last week, the wedding between the son of former vice president of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, and the daughter of a former governor of Bauchi, Adamu Muazu took place in Bauchi. The guest list was impressive – the speaker of the House of Representatives was there, 8 governors were present, as well as several former governors, a former head of state and the world’s richest black man.

So when the son of the chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Bamanga Tukur, was getting married in Katsina on Friday, it was expected that the roll call would be similarly impressive, after all he is the chairman of the largest party in Africa with the power to suspend and recall erring governors.

It didn’t turn out that way.

Of the nation’s 36 governors, only one – the host governor, Ibrahim Shema of Katsina – was present.

The only reason why it is important to point that out is not because it detracts from the wedding but because it shows the widening gulf between the party boss and the governors in the party.

Only this week, Tukur engaged in a war of words with the Sokoto governor, Aliyu Wamakko, who the PDP’s National Working Committee (NWC) recently suspended. The Tukur led NWC also recently suspended the Rivers governor, Rotimi Amaechi. Presently, 9 Northern governors are believed to be pressing for his removal.

The wedding went on smoothly and there were several other dignitaries present to be sure, including Vice President Namadi Sambo, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Senator Bala Mohammed; former Minister of Defence, Dr. Bello Halliru; business mogul, Dr. Hassan Adamawa, and several leaders of PDP.

Tukur’s son, Muhammad Tukur is an engineer, and his bride, Badiyya Isah Katsina, a medical doctor, is the daughter of Alhaji Isah Katsina, the former secretary to the Katsina state government in the Umaru Yaradua administration as state governor.

The wedding reception took place at the Katsina Government House.

http://www.thescoopng.com/the-beef-is-real-only-one-governor-attends-wedding-of-bamanga-tukurs-son/
Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by nairalad: 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2013
Nawa o. Oboy where is your source?
Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by bappahman: 4:04pm On Jun 15, 2013
No single elected person attended except v.p namadi
Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by ShobayoEmma(m): 4:32pm On Jun 15, 2013
so because it was tukur son's wedding the whole world must be there?

8 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by AbuMikey(m): 5:11pm On Jun 15, 2013
Such is Life!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by autumnflower(f): 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2013
letus not speculate please, it could be the wish of the couple
Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by Goodbishop: 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2013
5Th to comment, what is so special about that, when I did mine, Maryland no carry d gist
Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by Celepope: 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2013
There is nothing like having the number 2 citizen in your wedding.It is indeed a rare opportunity.Provided the Vice President was present any other person is inconsequential.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by Lakayanah: 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2013
The governors were simply trying to make the wedded ceremony ungovernable for the "CHAIRMAN"

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by chrisdoller(m): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2013
So.
Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by chrisdoller(m): 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2013
So?
Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by apacheguy: 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2013
If this is true, it shows that most of the pro-GEJ govt re basically doing eye service....this is getting serious

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by polosky: 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2013
Wow! This is good news. They (pdp] shall continually scatter in several ways. Praise The lord somebody!

12 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by yuzedo: 5:24pm On Jun 15, 2013
dey where in my manshun playin super nitendo. I invite dem cos I was lonely cos I dint have a babe from Nl to make me fill alrite. smiley cry

5 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by gtrust: 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2013
Cele-pope:
There is nothing like having the number 2 citizen in your wedding.It is indeed a rare opportunity.Provided the Vice President was present any other person is inconsequential.

Yes Oh!
Besides, rumour has it that NO Governor was invited so that the NGF stuff will NOT play out at the wedding!
So, it was the wedding ONLY and no NGF wahala.

Good game Tukur for not allowing them distract your son's wedding!

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by buggychi: 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2013
Lakayanah: The governors were simply trying to make the wedded ceremony ungovernable for the "CHAIRMAN"
lol..very funny
Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by usayab(m): 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2013
What of Abati and okupe?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by Pretyangel25(f): 5:34pm On Jun 15, 2013
Very funny sha
Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by free2ryhme: 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2013
i dey laugh for swahili
Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by wellmax(m): 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2013
usayab: What of Abati and okupe?
They are preparing a rebuttal.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by Hardex07(m): 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2013
Shobayo Emma: so because it was tukur son's wedding the whole world must be there?
No because the attendance shows the new power balance in PDP. Watch out for better ACP

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by dulaman: 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
So? How does that reduce the price of garri in d market?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by bappahman: 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
gtrust:

Yes Oh!
Besides, rumour has it that NO Governor was invited so that the NGF stuff will NOT play out at the wedding!
So, it was the wedding ONLY and no NGF wahala.

Good game Tukur for not allowing them distract your son's wedding!
The same pro nd anti ameachi govs whre in bauchi with no problems

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by mikyke(m): 5:49pm On Jun 15, 2013
Why not extend invitations to Obama, Bill gate, Mark (facebook) and a host of other well known world's great men coz Tukur's son is wedding. SMH for Nigerians coz we forget wat haunts us and chase after shadows.
Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by egift(m): 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2013
I can see the energy being hustled here to tell us the absence is intentional. grin Yeye dey smell.

Note:
PDP always prepare two excuses - if it is or is not.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 15, 2013
I heard Majek Fashek was there.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by joeace2020(m): 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2013
yuzedo: dey where in my manshun playin super nitendo. I invite dem cos I was lonely cos I dint have a babe from Nl to make me fill alrite. smiley cry

Oga knw say wetim get beginning get end oooo.... 1 day ull drop this and move on with other things or ppl fit nor dey send u again... Ask seun let him recall how it was back in 2005

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by joeace2020(m): 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2013
mikyke: Why not extend invitations to Obama, Bill gate, Mark
Zuckerberg
(facebook) and a host of other well known world's great men coz Tukur's son is wedding. SMH for Nigerians coz we forget wat haunts us and chase after shadows.
Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by emamos: 6:20pm On Jun 15, 2013
Shobayo Emma: so because it was tukur son's wedding the whole world must be there?
abi o,why d op didnt go
Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by tellwisdom: 6:22pm On Jun 15, 2013
And who da fcck is banga Takwa?? angry
Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by meforyou1(m): 6:23pm On Jun 15, 2013
The wedding was smoothly conducted. Must a governor attend a wedding for it to be successful?

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Boycotted Wedding Of Bamanga Tukur’s Son by fitzmayowa: 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2013
me_for_you: The wedding was smoothly conducted. Must a governor attend a wedding for it to be successful?

I tire ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls Let's Share This Till It Gets To Fashola And The Lagos Police Commisioner / Ogbe-Ijoh Police Station In Warri Attacked / Bayo Omoboriowo Welcomes Twins With Omolola Omitokun, His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.