Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP (27871 Views)

The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / Senate Leadership: Lawan Group Behind Ekweremandu’s Invitation By IGP / Photo: Wike Arrested By Efcc In 2008 For Stealing Over N4bn. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by Aderostock(m): 4:19pm On Jun 15, 2013
The Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Muhammed Abubakar, on Wednesday ‘arrested’ the Minister of State, Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, right inside the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa, Abuja shortly before the commencement of the weekly Federal Executive Council meeting.

The ‘arrest’ of the minister, whom a fellow cabinet member was overheard hailing as ‘Wicked Wike’ recently, had nothing to do with the tug of war between him and his state governor, Rotimi Amaechi. It was just one of the big men’s banters that always precede such meetings.

Abubakar had arrived the venue ahead of Wike to witness the swearing in of the chairman and members of the re-constituted Police Service Commission. He apparently had an unfinished business with the minister. Immediately Wike arrived, he grabbed the police boss from behind. As he turned to see the person that had the effrontery to hold his uniform which is always adorned with many medals in that manner, the IGP declared, “You are under arrest!” Pronto, the minister stretched his two hands towards the police boss and said, “Handcuff me.” He held Wike and dragged him into the chamber’s tea room where he was “interrogated.” The duo returned to the chambers a few minutes after, laughing. The minister must have been granted bail on self recognition!

http://www.punchng.com/columnists/aso-rock-lens-columnists/igp-arrests-wike/

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by ShobayoEmma(m): 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2013
maybe it's mistake
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by texaco1: 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2013
when u have money and power ,u will start behaving funny

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by mysticgal(f): 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2013
Maney talks bulshit works cool

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by pboiskinpy(m): 10:31pm On Jun 15, 2013
OK...Who cares;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;NEXT!!!!!*bt dis MODS de confused oo*

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by olupatito(f): 10:31pm On Jun 15, 2013
fingers crossed
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by vanbonattel: 10:32pm On Jun 15, 2013
The minister transfered millions of our education dollars into the IGP account and the IGP bailed him over the cup of tea, once a police man in Nigeria, always corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by chessguru1(m): 10:34pm On Jun 15, 2013
Which kind MUMU story be dis Na dis kind play dem dey play for inside the ARSEhole rock??

21 Likes

Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 15, 2013
What's the point of this article? Did the mods read up the full text before rushing to post on fp?
This appears to have been nothing more than banter between two crooks

11 Likes

Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 15, 2013
Culled from Repertoire
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by mrman2(m): 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2013
Is this a satirical piece or it's for real.
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by playboy19(m): 10:38pm On Jun 15, 2013
Isn't it obvious that this was some dramatic jokes between 2 over-fed Nigerian elite?

5 Likes

Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 15, 2013
It was a firm named ''POLICE INSTANTER'' funny upon funny...
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by henrychubayo: 10:40pm On Jun 15, 2013
Very dirty games been played by my people. i wonder the ordinary Nigerian will manhandled if he held no positions like these.
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by Rexphobia(m): 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2013
very weird satire
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by Gamji007: 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2013
It seems our journalists have no news to report!

Mtchwww

2 Likes

Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by patostation(m): 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2013
These potbellied bigmen get time self!
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by kingarizona(m): 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2013
Al this 1 na super-story!!! +++++++ ooookkkk Moving on!!!!!!
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by doubleking1: 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2013
Big Guys Jokes
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by horlajide: 10:44pm On Jun 15, 2013
Aderostock:

He held Wike and dragged him into the chamber’s tea room where he was “interrogated.” The duo returned to the chambers a few minutes after,laughing. The minister must have been granted bail on self recognition!

undecided Bail is free
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by Symphony007: 10:45pm On Jun 15, 2013
What sort of nonsense is this? Look at how i just started dancing as i saw the headline to be greeted by this shambolic and utterly prolifically attested idiotic article, anyways, wike must still crumble. One way or another!

5 Likes

Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by solace8(m): 10:45pm On Jun 15, 2013
Ok
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by badmeat(m): 10:46pm On Jun 15, 2013
I was there,na big boys play tinz,so this tin make news,smiley
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by youthmustwork: 10:47pm On Jun 15, 2013
Crooks of our jeneration. Over fed politicians. Playing with national bangle as if nothing will happen.

Well no whala. One day is on day. Monkey go go market e no go return.
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by rozayx5(m): 10:54pm On Jun 15, 2013
haterz can go to hell grin grin
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by OdionOdion: 10:55pm On Jun 15, 2013
A comic satire and dress reharsal of likely events in some core south south states in 2015
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by usayab(m): 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2013
I was there live, IGP Arrestd d man na im d tell am "no b ameachi b dz o, na ameachi de send u"
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by pmc01(m): 10:56pm On Jun 15, 2013
Once upon a time in the land of Naira...................................................................... undecided sad angry

Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by Vansnickers: 10:57pm On Jun 15, 2013
This is the most Ret@rded thing I've read today.

10 Likes

Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by RedLight1: 10:57pm On Jun 15, 2013
rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 15, 2013
What sense has this story made? Guess u are jobless @op
Re: Minister Of Education Wike "Arrested" By IGP by capip120(m): 10:59pm On Jun 15, 2013
Nairaland which kind torry una dey come post for here? Is this supposed to be a joke or what haba! I tire for una oohsad if u guys don't have any gud op or admin staffs u tell us! Wat is all these story about? For geting the mind boggling and pertinent:>stories u are supposed to post here. D oda day i was seeing something like tonto dike without makeup, rita dominic without makeup, pics of wizkid's sister, wizkid drinking why operating his laptop and so many oda useless stories dat don't deserve to make headlines makes it! Why in nairaland of all website i thought u guys ought to b unique. Chai! Lekwaa' ha oge mee' gi fum na anya' u guys need to scrutinize ur workforce and fishout any op performing below par. kiss

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Youths Make Coffin For Corruption In Nigeria (Photos) / Aisha Jummai Alhassan Resigns From Buhari Cabinet To Vie For Taraba Governorship / Theresa May Visit Exposes Buhari's Incompetency, Low Level Of Leadership - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.