Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! - Phones (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! (64932 Views)

V10: LG Launches A Smartphone With Two Screens And Two Selfie Cameras / How Long Do You Use A Phone Before Getting A New One? / Using Airtel Blackberry Subscription On A Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Innoxxacs: 11:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
warrenweste:

Add d 5k and get a new curve 7 for 20' @ konga or jumia or tell d guy to sell it for 13k if its neat and he has d recipt
please guys I need help o. I Have 15k with me. But I don't know whether to go for a neatly used bold4 or a gionee pioneer P2(14500). My fears are for data plans( i love browsing and getting the best out of my phone) only data is what am considering. Which should go? P2 Or BOLD4?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by lovelani(m): 1:11am On Dec 06, 2013
Innoxxacs: please guys I need help o. I Have 15k with me. But I don't know whether to go for a neatly used bold4 or a gionee pioneer P2(14500). My fears are for data plans( i love browsing and getting the best out of my phone) only data is what am considering. Which should go? P2 Or BOLD4?

Simply go for Bold 4 and use glo for your BIS. Thank me later cheesy
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by mikymouse1(m): 2:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
Pls advice me, S4 or IPhone 5?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by iamdutch: 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2013
miky_mouse: Pls advice me, S4 or IPhone 5?
s4
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by ruffcoins(m): 5:00pm On Dec 07, 2013
Please advice samsung galaxy s4 vs lg g2
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by nuelski10: 9:12pm On Dec 08, 2013
I can get a Samsung s duos at the. price of Techno p5 which should I go for. state advantages n disadvantages pls
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by nell07(m): 1:26pm On Dec 09, 2013
ninja4life: Help which smartphone can i get for #50000 with good browsing,fast processor,good battery life,at least a average camera(front and back) and average gaming capacity (i dont think i will like playing games on a touch screen phone and will prefer playing games on my laptop) so which phone will u recommend for me.im thinking of getting bb z10 as i will just be switching from nokia x2-01 and wont be needing much apps.thanks

just go for a uk used s3 if you want proper value for your money...
you'll thank me later
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by nell07(m): 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2013
miky_mouse: Pls advice me, S4 or IPhone 5?

is that even a question ?
s4 off course!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by nell07(m): 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2013
ruffcoins: Please advice samsung galaxy s4 vs lg g2

s4 na.
the lg g2 is a cool device. But doesn't measure up to the s4.
the only devices I'd pick over the s4 are the htc one and note 3
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by nell07(m): 1:49pm On Dec 09, 2013
nuelski10: I can get a Samsung s duos at the. price of Techno p5 which should I go for. state advantages n disadvantages pls

I'd go the Samsung just cos of bigger ram (small ram size is a curse bro...buh that's just from my point of view)

buh if you don't mind the ram ( considering that the diff isn't that pronounced) then get the techno as it has better battery backup and has a dual core processor as against the single core on the Samsung.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by xtianh(m): 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2013
please i am planning of buying a tecno android smart phone the price should not be more than 15k and i am confused in choosing between
L3, m3 and s3. please any good advice based on experience with those model will be highly welcomed.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 09, 2013
Anybody help.can i get a new android phone with OS4.x with 1gig ram. i have about 30k but i dont want tecno.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Innoxxacs: 3:16pm On Dec 09, 2013
R4SH33D: Anybody help.can i get a new android phone with OS4.x with 1gig ram. i have about 30k but i dont want tecno.
if it were me I'll top-up wit 4k and get a tecno phantom pad
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Aderemi275(m): 3:25pm On Dec 09, 2013
Anybody dat wanna sell an android fone? At d range of 18k
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2013
Innoxxacs: if it were me I'll top-up wit 4k and get a tecno phantom pad
thnks. but na 30k ah get for d phone. cant i see one?
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Spanishmario(m): 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2013
R4SH33D: thnks. but na 30k ah get for d phone. cant i see one?
wiv a gewd bargaining power yu can get sammyS2,HTC amaze nd Gionee datz if yu going 4 fairly used o
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by nell07(m): 10:49am On Dec 10, 2013
xtianh: please i am planning of buying a tecno android smart phone the price should not be more than 15k and i am confused in choosing between
L3, m3 and s3. please any good advice based on experience with those model will be highly welcomed.

save/borrow 1k more and get a tecno p5 instead.. a much better choice
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by nell07(m): 10:53am On Dec 10, 2013
R4SH33D: Anybody help.can i get a new android phone with OS4.x with 1gig ram. i have about 30k but i dont want tecno.

I can sell you Samsung galaxy s2 @ 30k
But if you can save/borrow 3k more, I can sell you an htc one xl....which I would recommend.it's an amazing piece of technology. ask your friends who have used one
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by nell07(m): 11:06am On Dec 10, 2013
Aderemi275: Anybody dat wanna sell an android fone? At d range of 18k

do you like the htc one v?
I can sell @ 18k... I stay in Lagos but have a delta based friend who is currently in Lagos for something. she'll be going back to delta on Thursday.. So you'll have to decide right away so I'll send it along with her. ordinary I charge 2k for sending phones outside Lagos. So you're lucky. check the one v specs and ask friends who own one... if you're ok with it respond in affirmation and we'll kick off without delay
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by write2obi(m): 11:50am On Dec 10, 2013
Any one around AJAO ESTATE, Ladipo, or iyana ejigbo, that can help me root my HTC VIVID. 08128778869 whatsapp me lets do business.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by OSHIOMOLE: 12:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
A week old B.B BOLD5(WHITE) FOR SALE @ N29,000! STILL NEAT and with no fault!!! Interested call: 08185825647

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by futureniyi: 2:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 11, 2013
Spanishmario:
wiv a gewd bargaining power yu can get sammyS2,HTC amaze nd Gionee datz if yu going 4 fairly used o
where can i get reliable fairly used. as in dealer
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Spanishmario(m): 9:46am On Dec 11, 2013
R4SH33D: where can i get reliable fairly used. as in dealer
gat no idea bro...haven't bought a fairly used fone b4...
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Tnot(m): 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
Advise needed!

I'm thinking of swapping my Galaxy Note 10.1(N8000) with a Galaxy S4 (I9500).
What do you think about it pls.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by nell07(m): 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2013
R4SH33D: where can i get reliable fairly used. as in dealer

if you check my profile you'll see I've been selling Uk/US used phones for a while now on nl, olx, and even featured on kaymu. no one has ever complained about my phones.

check out www.hawqer.com
Or mail info@hawqerng.com
Or add 07011114626 on whatsapp.

deepens on how serious you are though.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by nell07(m): 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
Tnot: Advise needed!

I'm thinking of swapping my Galaxy Note 10.1(N8000) with a Galaxy S4 (I9500).
What do you think about it pls.

You alone can decide on that.
They are very different devices and for different purposes.
10" vs 5"
if you need a mobile phone, more than you need a tablet then get the s4..
buh if your tablet is serving your needs and you only wanna get an s4 because it's new and popular. stick with your tablet. gadgets should be bought based on need and utility.

but if you do not need a tablet. then by all means go for the s4.

BE VERY CAREFUL OF S4 CLONES THOUGH... S4 HAS SO MANY CLONES GOING AROUND THESE DAYS.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Ogarj(m): 8:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
Am tinkin of gettn a samsung galaxy Y pro dous. Wotz d cost of a new 1 or fairly used also i noticed itz andriod v2.sumtin(gingerbread),is it Upgradeable?

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by nell07(m): 2:18am On Dec 12, 2013
Ogarj: Am tinkin of gettn a samsung galaxy Y pro dous. Wotz d cost of a new 1 or fairly used also i noticed itz andriod v2.sumtin(gingerbread),is it Upgradeable?

The used one u can find @ 12k -17k depending on the seller.
Not sure of brand new, but it may be around 20-25k depending on seller.

But bros mehn... I doubt if my conscience will allow me watch u spend hard earned cash on that device.
I know we look down on tecno and worship samsung. But bro if dual sim android is what u're really after, why not consider a tecno fone?
I got d p5 for a friend last week and I was really impressed.
Pls note that I'm not a tecno fan either, but I'll choose a p5 over that samsung any day. I got d p5 for 16k... So pls weigh ur options very carefully so u don't spend hard earned cash on a device that won't give u value for it.

If on d other hand u don't mind a single sim enabled fone, then state ur budget and we'll make recommendations fer ya.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Smartphone? Come In For Advice! by Basoj(m): 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2013
I saw ur number @nairaland. Pls, i av 30k to buy an android phone but dont know wch to go for. Whether used or new but not tecno. I heard tecno phones are not upgradable. I'm a novice when it comes to android phone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

Do You Still Remember This (picture) / MTN Headquarters Office In Lagos, Nigeria (Photos) / Etisalat Reduces Price Of Blackberry Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.