Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Let's Promote Nigerian Music To The Rest Of The World! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Let's Promote Nigerian Music To The Rest Of The World! (619 Views)

Why Nigerian Music Groups Break-up / Can I Download Nigerian Music From the Internet? / "Oh Baby I Need You For the Rest of My Life Girl, I Want You ..." Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let's Promote Nigerian Music To The Rest Of The World! by daniellle(f): 10:15am On Jun 16, 2013
Alright, so we have the Music & Radio topic to keep us updated of our music but what about people in United States, Europe, Australia, the rest of Africa, Latin America, do they know about Nigerian music culture?

That's why I was interested if you would like to share your love for Nigerian music (or any other music for that matter) with the rest of the World through an online song contest (World Forum Song Contest), meaning each month you would suggest some song you like (and send mp3) and when all the songs are known (at the beginning of the month) you would download and listen to make a top ten and wait for the results at the end of the month.

This contest takes place each month for 10 years

Do we have such cute contests on this forum??

Anywayz, here are the Nigerian songs entered in previous 100+ editions of WFSC:

"Beng Beng Beng, Da Lata" by Femi Kuti
"Work Work" by Dr Alban
"African Unity" by Majek Fashek
"Pearls" by Sade
"Your Kind of Woman" by Tony Tetuila
"Letting Me Down Gently" by Tunde Baiyewu
"Edge of Time" by Sylvia Powell
"Mr. So and So" by Nayo
"No Ordinary World" by Sade
"My Car" by Tony Tetuila
"All in All" by Stella Getz
"Mother" by Tony Tetuila
"Demu Gani" by JJC, 419 squad and T.i.D
"Kangpe" by Nneka
"Bleed Me Dry" by Zemmy
"Friendship Update" by The Go! Team
"Soldier of Love" by Sade
"Please Send Me Someone to Love" by Sade
"Ruggedy Baba" by Rugged Man
"Smooth operator" by Sade
"Devotion" by Kele
"I can't stand the rain" by Stella Getz
"Shayo" by Bigiano

These songs were entered by non-Nigerians who apparently like our music & associate them with Nigeria.

What do you think??

So if you wanna know more about this game or even take part, check this out.

Peace out
Re: Let's Promote Nigerian Music To The Rest Of The World! by daniellle(f): 11:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
So has anyone joined? I haven't seen any new 9jan song since my last update.

November edition is underway with 22 songs.

^
Click on the image to listen to their recap.

To take part or to learn about this interesting music game check the link I posted in my previous post or register on the forum where to contest takes place!! cheesy

C'mon, join!!!! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Iyanya's Kukere And Dbanj's Shaky Bum Bum Used In Britain's Got Talent / Rihanna Is Back! / Everybody Hates King Mclord. Part II

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.