Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Latest Football Transfer News - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Latest Football Transfer News (49308 Views)

Poll: What should a manager be particular about in a transfer deal?

Transfer Fee: 20% (44 votes)
History: 4% (10 votes)
Form: 22% (48 votes)
Future: 19% (42 votes)
Marketability: 5% (12 votes)
Vulnerability to Injury: 9% (21 votes)
Nationality: 0% (1 vote)
Willingness to join: 8% (19 votes)
Wages: 4% (10 votes)
Maturity: 4% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

Latest Football Clubs Transfer Updates Across The Globe / Get Ur Updated Football Transfer News And Rumours Here!!! / Download Latest Football Highlights Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2007
Sunderland have agreed a £5m deal for Cardiff City striker Michael Chopra.
The 23-year-old former Newcastle star scored 22 goals for Cardiff in the Championship last season and now looks set to return to the north-east.

Cardiff boss Dave Jones told the South Wales Echo: "I am sorry to see him go, everybody in the camp is. But there is a price for every player."

Reports said Chopra had left Cardiff's training camp in Portugal, although the club insisted he is still there.

Cardiff boss Jones added: "The money could go on to make us stronger.

"This is good business for us and after all, we are in a business. And for Michael it means Premiership football - we cannot stop him. We wish him all the best with Sunderland."

Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale revealed that they had turned down an unnamed offer from an unnamed club.

But Keane has met the asking price for Chopra, who joined Cardiff for £500,000 in June 2006, after missing out on David Nugent, who is joining Portsmouth.

Keane agreed a £6m deal with Preston for Nugent, and Chopra's goal record compared favourably to the England striker's last season.

BBC Wales understands Chopra has a release clause in his contract allowing him to speak to any club offering £5m - now the Geordie must weigh up whether to move back to the Premiership with the old enemy.

BBC Sport

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 12:35pm On Jul 11, 2007
Liverpool have agreed a fee with West Ham for Yossi Benayoun, according to the Israeli international's agent.
BBC Sport understands a £4m transfer will be finalised for the 25-year-old West Ham midfielder on Wednesday.

Agent Ronen Katzav said: "Everybody would be happy to play for Liverpool. West Ham will always be in his heart but he is looking to move up a level."

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez said: "It's clear he'd like to come and he's a player I like."

Benayoun, Israel's national captain, moved to Upton Park from Racing Santander in a £2.5m deal in 2005.

He has played 72 games for the Hammers and scored eight goals.

The clubs have already done business this summer with striker Craig Bellamy moving to the capital from Merseyside in a £7.5m deal.

BBC Sport

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2007
Birmingham boss Steve Bruce's has confirmed that he wants to sign West Ham's Paul Konchesky.
However, West Ham are understood to want double the £2m the Blues have offered for the 26-year-old England international defender.

Bruce said: "Paul Konchesky is someone we're looking at, we put in a bid three weeks ago and it hasn't changed.

"I've got to be creative. I've got money to spend but not vast sums, which is why I'm wheeling and dealing."

Bruce has made room in his squad and freed up some funds by moving players on.

Stephen Clemence and DJ Campbell are set to join Leicester, while winger Julian Gray has joined Coventry on a free transfer.

Bruce said: "I'd like to bring in a bit of experience. We're after someone at the moment, a big name, so we'll see what happens."

BBC Sport

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2007
Lee McCulloch is travelling to Scotland for signing talks with Rangers after a transfer fee was agreed with Wigan.
The Scotland forward has been given permission to discuss personal terms with the Glasgow club.

Rangers had a £750,000 offer for the player rejected by the English Premier League outfit in January.

But McCulloch, who joined Wigan from Motherwell in 2001, recently told BBC Sport he would relish the opportunity to move to the Glasgow club.

He is under contract to the Latics until 2009.

Wigan boss Chris Hutchings on Tuesday completed the £5.3m signing of Wales midfielder Jason Koumas from West Brom, smoothing the way for the McCulloch deal to go through.

Details of the fee involved remain undisclosed, but Rangers were thought unwilling to match Wigan's initial asking price of around £2.5m.

McCulloch is poised to become Rangers' eighth permanent recruit to their first-team squad this summer.

Manager Walter Smith had been keen on McCulloch during his time as Scotland boss and tried to prise him away from Wigan within weeks of taking charge at Ibrox

BBC Sport

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 12:57pm On Jul 11, 2007
Arsenal are being strongly linked with signing France Under 21 international Yoan Gouffran.

The Caen striker will reportedly join The Gunners on a four-year deal but return to the French club on loan for the coming season.

Gouffran was the Ligue 2 Player of the Year last term as his 15 goals helped fire Caen back into France's top-flight.

The highly-rated attacker was close to joining Auxerre last summer, while Chelsea and Valencia are admirers of the 21-year-old.

Paris Saint Germain could rival Arsenal for Gouffran's signature but reports suggest Arsene Wenger will land the starlet.

Gouffran is believed to be costing Arsenal in the region of €3million (£2million).

Arsenal are also edging closer to completing the capture of another French ace in Auxerre's Bakari Sagna.

Sky Sports

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2007
Bolton Wanderers have signed Mikel Alonso on loan, according to Real Sociedad.

The Spanish midfielder joined Bolton for their pre-season trip to Austria and has impressed manager Sammy Lee.

Alonso - brother of Liverpool's Xabi - had expressed a wish to link up with the Trotters for the chance to play in the Premier League.

He has now secured a move to the Reebok Stadium after Sociedad confirmed they had agreed to a loan arrangement.

The player will spend the season on loan with Bolton, who have the option to buy Alonso before 30th May next year.

Following Sociedad's relegation from La Liga, Alonso was keen to leave and new coach Chris Coleman has consented to his exit.

Sky Sports

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by RuuDie(m): 1:06pm On Jul 11, 2007
Benayoun to L'pool - now thats what we call a very GOOD SIGNING !
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2007
I'm wondering how Rafa is going to use all these players and he hasn't finished signing yet.
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 5:17pm On Jul 11, 2007
Portsmouth will present two new signings on Wednesday afternoon, with David Nugent and John Utaka expected to be confirmed as Pompey players.

Nugent has been discussing terms with Portsmouth this week after a £6million fee was agreed with Preston North End.

Harry Redknapp told Sky Sports News on Tuesday night that the England cap had accepted a switch to Fratton Park.

He was due to undergo a medical on Wednesday morning and is set to be joined in the Pompey squad by Nigeria international Utaka.

Redknapp has been tracking the Rennes attacker for some time, having watched him on several occasions last season.

Rennes have been aware of Utaka's desire to leave for the Premier League and a deal now appears to have been agreed.

With Redknapp having been desperate to add to his front-line, the acquisitions of Nugent and Utaka will give the club a greater threat in the coming season.

The press conference will take place at 5pm on Wednesday afternoon

Sky Sports

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by AlagbeT: 4:20am On Jul 13, 2007
Arsenal win Premiership this season
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by topeorekoy(m): 2:36pm On Jul 13, 2007
Liverpool have completed the signing of Ajax's Ryan Babel in an £11.5m deal.
The 20-year-old Dutch striker has agreed a five-year contract as Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez continues a major overhaul of his squad.

"I listened to them and I got a great feeling about the club," said Babel. "I have made my choice with my heart and the coach has big plans for me."

Yossi Benayoun, a reported £5m signing from West Ham, was also unveiled by Liverpool on Friday.

606: DEBATE
I think he is a fantastic buy

23 Carra Gold

Babel admitted it was a tough decision to leave Ajax, where he made his debut aged 17 in 2004 and scored five goals in 27 Eredivisie matches last season.

He said: "I have met Rafael Benitez and my conversation with him was the moment I knew the deal would get done.

"He is like the ideal father-in-law. He has a lot of football know-how and he told me that I would be challenging with six other players for four positions. I have a good feeling about things.

"I met Dirk Kuyt at training, who I knew from the national team. At that moment he did not feel like a rival but I suppose that is what will happen.

"It was very important how the coach spoke to me, how I would fit in his team. After that conversation I knew it was the right decision."

Babel was a member of the Dutch team that won the European Under-21 Championship in June and he has been capped 14 times by the full Dutch team.

Liverpool manager Benitez has also signed forwards Fernando Torres and Andriy Voronin this summer.

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by justkunmi(m): 10:45am On Jul 16, 2007
can u just imagine??/ grin

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=46&a=48727
http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=47816

[b]According to British tabloid News of the World, a top secret meeting between Barcelona and Newcastle has recently taken place, with the Premiership side enquiring about Ronaldinho and Barcelona asking for 80 million euros for him. The Magpies’ new owner Mike Ashley is said to be keen on signing a world-class player to show just how ambitious he is. [/

wat insult. . .

If report in the News of the World is anything to go by, which i seriously doubt, then we all should start laughing.
grin cheesy shocked

really lmao here. . . grin

Even the superpowers in English football are not considering Ronaldinho. . . .

Can u just imagine Ronnie, in the black and white jersey grin cheesy
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2007
Skysports.com understands Sunderland are closing in on the signing of Dickson Etuhu from Norwich.

Black Cats boss Roy Keane has moved for Etuhu as he looks to bolster his midfield options ahead of life back in the Premier League.

The 25-year-old is believed to have agreed a four-year deal at the Stadium of Light after holding talks with the club.

Etuhu impressed last season for Norwich, scoring seven goals in 48 appearances, and his performances caught the attention of Keane.

Norwich were keen to keep hold of the powerful midfielder, but have reluctantly accepted Sunderland's offer for Etuhu.

If Sunderland tie up a move for Etuhu he will become Keane's fifth new signing of the summer.

Skysports.com

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2007
Internazionale have signed [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Luis_Jim%C3%A9nez]Luis Jimenez[/url] and Nelson Rivas.

According to the club's website the pair took part in Inter's training camp in northern Italy on Tuesday, however no details of the transfers were released.

Chilean playmaker Luis Jimenez has moved to the San Siro after falling out with the management at his former club Lazio.

The 23-year-old likes to play in the hole between midfield and attack and starred for Lazio last season as they qualified for the UEFA Champions League.

Colombian defender Rivas joins the Italians from River Plate.

Skysports.com

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 5:51pm On Jul 17, 2007
Manchester City have signed Geovanni on a one-year deal.

The versatile Brazilian forward has been on trial at Portsmouth this month and scored for Harry Redknapp's side in their pre-season friendly against Yeovil on Saturday.

He had been expected to make a permanent switch to Fratton Park but City have come through to win the race for his signature.

Sven Goran Eriksson has been keeping tabs on Geovanni's progress and has snapped him up on a free transfer.

The 27-year-old passed a medical at City earlier on Monday and a deal has now been finalised after he agreed personal terms.

He becomes Eriksson's third signing as City manager following the arrivals of Rolando Bianchi and Gelson Fernandes.

But the former Barcelona and Benfica player is not set to join his new team-mates on their tour of Sweden.

Skysorts.com

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 5:55pm On Jul 17, 2007
Tottenham Hotspur striker [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mido_%28footballer%29]Mido[/url] claims he has agreed a transfer to Birmingham City.

The Egyptian has struggled to make an impact at White Hart Lane since securing a permanent move from Roma last summer.

He has been linked with Fulham and Portsmouth, although Mido recently denied he had settled on a switch to Craven Cottage.

The 24-year-old now seems set to link up with Premier League new boys Birmingham after revealing talks have taken place.

Mido expects to move to St Andrews on an initial loan deal, which will become permanent, if Blues survive in the top flight.

"Both sides have agreed terms," Mido told FilGoal.com.

"I will move on a one-year loan deal to Birmingham worth £1million and at the end they could buy my contract for £5million, if the club survives in the Premier League.

"Birmingham's offer is the best I had received, especially that I chose to stay in England."

Blues boss Steve Bruce is also interested in Spurs midfielder Hossam Ghaly, and Mido would be happy to see his fellow Egyptian join him in the Midlands.

He added: "I would love to have him (Ghaly) with me in the same team."

Skyports.com

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 6:23pm On Jul 17, 2007
Tevez arrives at Manchester for medical but West Ham refuse him permission to undergo the medical.

Skysports News
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 6:38pm On Jul 17, 2007
Swiss international Johann Vogel is to hold talks with Everton ahead of a possible free transfer to Goodison Park.

Everton manager David Moyes has made just two acquisitions this summer in the shape of Sheffield United's Phil Jagielka and Swindon Town youngster Lukas Jutkiewicz and he is now looking to further strengthen his squad with the experienced midfielder.

Everton chief-executive Keith Wyness has confirmed that the club and Vogel, who spent last season at Real Betis, are looking to complete the transfer.

"We are in negotiations with the player and he will be coming shortly to discuss personal terms with a view to signing a contract," Wyness told Everton's official website.

Vogel, 30, has played in the European Championships in 1996 and 2004 and in the 2006 World Cup, where he was captain of his country.

Sky Sports

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 8:45pm On Jul 17, 2007
Manchester United have failed to secure permission from West Ham for Carlos Tevez to undergo a medical on Wednesday.

Tevez has flown in to Manchester following the end of the Copa America and had been hoping to meet club officials.

Manchester United were preparing to put Tevez through a series of fitness and medical checks on Wednesday but may now have to wait.

A medical is only allowed to go ahead with both clubs' agreement and West Ham will not give their consent until they have been made - and accepted - an offer.

"Meetings have taken place between the two clubs but no agreement has been reached in relation to Carlos Tevez," said a West Ham spokesman.

Tevez has expressed his desire to move to Old Trafford and has also called for a quick resolution, but United have admitted the deal is complicated.

David Gill said earlier this week that United were having to work with the player, West Ham, MSI - the company who own Tevez's economic rights and the Premier League.

West Ham would appear to be planning for life without Tevez by bringing in Craig Bellamy, but they remain adamant that he is contracted to them for another three years.

Tevez submitted a written request to West Ham last week asking to be released from his contract but they refused.

Sky Sports
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2007
Aston Villa have clinched the signing of Marlon Harewood from West Ham.

As revealed by skysports.com earlier this week Villa agreed a fee with West Ham for the striker.

Villa made their move for Harewood after he held talks and underwent a medical at Wigan last weekend.

After weighing up both offers, Harewood has opted to join Villa and he has signed a three-year deal at Villa Park.

Harewood is Villa boss Martin O'Neill's second signing of the summer following the arrival of former West Ham team-mate Nigel Reo-Coker.

O'Neill was delighted to land the former Nottingham Forest hit-man.

"I'm delighted that he's accepted the invitation to come and join us," O'Neill told the club's official website.
"I know there were other teams wanting to take him, but he's prepared to come here and challenge to try and work his way into the first team.

"I'm delighted to have him. He's a strong lad, very athletic and if he can recapture the form he showed in the two seasons before last, he will definitely be a big asset.

"He's coming to join a squad. We've let some players go during the summer and we're now rebuilding the squad again.

"Marlon's prepared to come in here and battle for his place and that's what we want at this football club. He's a confident lad who's willing to fight for his place."

Sky Sports

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2007
Sam Allardyce has cast doubt on his chances of bringing Gabriel Heinze to Newcastle United.

Heinze is looking to quit Manchester United, although Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed no concrete offers have been received.

Newcastle are among the clubs to have been linked with the Argentinian, but Allardyce expects the defender to move to the continent.

"Heinze - if I wanted him, I don't think he would come," said Allardyce on the club's official website.

"Certainly, if he got away from Manchester United, I'm not so sure that it wouldn't be another club somewhere else in Europe rather than in this country.

"It would be nice if he did want to come and we could pursue it, but I don't think we can."

Allardyce also played down talk he is planning a move for Franck Queudrue, who will be allowed to leave Fulham for £3million.

The Magpies boss added: "I wouldn't say we have any interest in Franck Queudrue."

Newcastle had been trying to set up a deal for Edmilson earlier in the summer, but Allardyce admits that bid is on hold while the Barcelona midfielder recovers from a knee injury.

"Edmilson is obviously not for now because the injury is a concern," continued Allardyce.

"We may have to wait until January and it's a great shame for a player of his ability and talent.

"But saying that I think we would've faced competition from the likes of AC Milan and Inter, although there still might be the opportunity to sign him."

Sky Sports

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 9:06pm On Jul 17, 2007
Skysports.com understands Fenerbahce defender Edu Dracena is a target for several English clubs.

The highly-rated defender is thought to be considering his future at Fenerbahce as he ponders moving to one of Europe's elite leagues.

Dracena enjoyed a fine season with Fenerbahce last term, helping them win the Super Lig and impressing in their Uefa Cup run.

The Brazilian international's performances have attracted the attention of a host of clubs throughout Europe.

The 26-year-old has been linked with the likes of Liverpool and Real Madrid in the past and he is regarded as one of the best central defenders around.

Everton and Bolton are both thought to be keeping tabs on Dracena and are ready to offer him the chance to move to England.

The duo are in the market for new defenders and Sammy Lee and David Moyes are believed to be ready to firm up their interest in Dracena.

Sky Sports

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 9:10pm On Jul 17, 2007
Australian midfielder Mark Bresciano is a target for Manchester City, skysports.com understands.

New City boss Sven Goran Eriksson is scouring the transfer market to try and bolster his small squad ahead of the new season and Bresciano is thought to be amongst his list of targets.

Eriksson has made midfield reinforcements his top priority and he is analysing the prospect of bringing Palermo ace Bresciano to Eastlands.

Bresciano, who is currently away on international duty at the Asian Cup, has been linked with a move to England for some time after impressing for club and country over the last few years.

Eriksson knows all about Bresciano from his time managing in Italy with the 27-year-old having plied his trade in Serie A since 1999.

Bresciano has been a consistent performer in Serie A and he helped Palermo finish in fifth spot last season.

Eriksson, who is set to be backed by Thaksin Shinawatra in the transfer market, could now test Palermo's resolve to hang onto Bresciano by making a move for the attacking midfielder.

Sky Sports

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2007
Rodrigo Palacio's agent has insisted there was never an offer from Arsenal for his player.

Reports had claimed The Gunners were interested in signing the Argentine from Boca Juniors.

However, Roberto Di Pietri maintains he has not been contacted by the Premier League club about Palacio, who is still on holiday.

"I have said to Rodrigo that there isn't anything official," Di Pietri told Ole.

"Nobody has got in touch with me. Rodrigo still has a week of holidays and I have said to him to rest calm because what has been said does not exist.

"I don't have anything else to say about this subject."

With Palacio's agent dismissing the rumours there is mounting speculation that the entire story was a prank.

Fresh reports suggest the story began on a blog allegedly run by and on behalf of Boca Juniors supporters.

Sky Sports

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 9:21pm On Jul 17, 2007
Liverpool star Peter Crouch has revealed he had talks with Rafa Benitez to receive assurances about his future.

Crouch's future at Liverpool has been the subject of conjecture for some time with a number of clubs being linked with a move for the giant forward.

The England international met with Benitez at the end of last season to discuss his long-term future and he was assured he was a part of the Spaniard's plans at Anfield, much to the relief of Crouch.

"A lot of the lads went to see the manager at the end of the season," Crouch told the Daily Express. "I was no different.

"There had been speculation and I was tentative about going in to see him.

"I did not want to leave, but if he has said I had to then I would.

"But he was sort of taken aback that I was even asking really and said 'Of course you're in my plans'.

"That was good to hear because it meant it wasn't even an issue for him."

Crouch is looking forward to the forthcoming season and is hoping to continue his steady improvement at Anfield.

"I thought I did well at the end of my first year, and it was then a case of, can he prove it over the course of a whole season?

"Hopefully, I did that last year and now I'd like to kick on to another level."

Sky Sports

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2007
Chelsea winger Arjen Robben has agreed personal terms over a move to Real Madrid, reports BBC Radio Five Live.
The clubs are yet to agree a fee, which is understood to be about £15m, but Robben, 23, is due to fly to the Spanish capital on Friday.

It is also believed Feyenoord's 20-year-old left winger Royston Drenthe has been lined up to replace Dutch international Robben.

Holland Under-21 star Drenthe is expected to move for £7m.

BBC Five Live's football correspondent Jonathan Legard said: "Sources in Holland say Robben has agreed personal terms on a five-year deal and is due to leave Chelsea's pre-season tour to fly to Spain on Friday.

"The two clubs have yet to agree a fee and Chelsea have maintained publicly that they want him to stay.

"But with Robben stalling on a new deal and admitting talks are not going well, I am told they are holding out for £15m. Real have so far indicated they would pay £12m."

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon earlier admitted they were keen to sign Robben but Blues boss Jose Mourinho denied the winger was to leave the club.

Robben has two years left on his Chelsea contract but Calderon told radio station Onda Cero: "It is a negotiation which will take place in coming days or weeks.

"If the situation is favourable financially, I think that he is a player who could be brought in."

But Mourinho is in no hurry to sell, saying: "The club wants to keep these players. I trust the board and our chief executive Peter Kenyon in the negotiations he is doing.

"I know the players want to stay and I would be happy if they signed."

Robben's future has been further clouded by Chelsea's signing of Lyon winger Florent Malouda and Robben admitted on 10 July that contract talks were not going well.

The winger has been one of manager Mourinho's key players but his progress at Chelsea has been hampered by a succession of injuries.

Last season, a thigh strain and knee injury kept him on the sidelines for several weeks of the campaign.

However Mourinho said he was keen to keep Robben, despite Malouda's arrival.

Robben played 45 minutes of Chelsea's 1-0 friendly win over Suwon Bluewings at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California, on Tuesday.

After the match Mourinho said: "The latest with Robben is that he played the game. I cannot tell you more than that.

"At the moment he is a Chelsea player with two more years of contract and he is working well.

"For me, he is a player like Terry or Lampard with two more years of contract.

"I look at him as a Chelsea player and he has to compete against very good wingers like we have. I am happy with the situation."

Drenthe caught the eye during this summer's Uefa European Under-21 Football Championship.

The player, who can play at left-back or on the wing, has been linked with a move to a host of European clubs.

BBC Sport

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2007
Fifa World Player of the Year Fabio Cannavaro has rejected the chance to join Chelsea, according to his agent.
The Real Madrid defender, 33, has been the subject of speculation since Real dismissed coach Fabio Capello.

Cannavaro's agent Gaetano Fedele said Chelsea made an offer "but we postponed everything due to Real Madrid's wish".

"New Madrid coach Bernd Schuster has said that Fabio is untouchable. It's highly unlikely that Fabio will leave Real Madrid at least this year."

Cannavaro joined Real from Juventus shortly after skippering Italy to World Cup glory last summer, and is under contract with the Spanish champions for a further two seasons.

"Fabio is in Madrid where he has adapted very well," said Fedele.

"They have won a championship and hence I don't think there is a possibility he will leave Madrid.

"Fabio's wish is to win the Champions League and the only team that can let him do that is Real Madrid."

BBC Sport.

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 5:08pm On Jul 18, 2007
Manchester City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson has rejected a bid from Turkish side Besiktas for former England striker Darius Vassell.
Vassell, 27, is part of the City squad on a pre-season tour of Sweden.

He joined City in a £2m deal from Aston Villa in July 2005 after coming through the ranks at Villa Park.

Ex-City boss Stuart Pearce chose to play Vassell mainly on the wing rather than up front last season, and he managed just three goals in 28 games.

In total, he has scored 15 goals in 77 appearances for City.

Eriksson picked Vassell in his squad for the 2002 World Cup and 2004 European Championship finals.

But there is speculation he will allow Vassell to leave City after signing Italian striker Roland Bianchi for £8.8m.

BBC Sport

Re: Latest Football Transfer News by RuuDie(m): 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2007
Robben agrees terms with Madrid

off comes one of chelski's wings - boy, is they g'onna be in 4 a ruff season or what!?
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2007
Manchester United are going to Fifa in an attempt to secure the signing of Carlos Tevez from West Ham United.

The Argentina international is currently in Manchester as he waits to undergo a medical with the Premier League champions.

West Ham have prevented the tests taking place after talks between the two clubs failed to bring about a resolution to the impasse.

The Hammers insist no offer has been made for Tevez, although The Red Devils have expressed their optimism that a deal can be arranged.

The problem centres on the striker's contractual situation, with West Ham seemingly holding his playing registration and his agent Kia Joorabchian holding the economic rights.

Only last week, Fifa confirmed it would be prepared to intervene in the matter, if asked to by any of the parties involved.

The Red Devils have now taken the issue in to their own hands and have called on world football's governing body to wade into the complex affair.

Chief executive David Gill has confirmed the club have requested that Fifa's Dispute Resolution Chamber arbitrate on the case.

Gill said: "There has been a lot of discussions over the last few days between Manchester United, West Ham and the Premier League, but the case will probably go before Fifa's Dispute Resolution Chamber.

"We are very confident this will be resolved in favour of the player and he will be free to achieve his wish of joining Manchester United."

West Ham also want the matter dealt with by Fifa, with a spokesman saying: "It now makes sense for this to be dealt with by Fifa. All parties agree this is the best way forward and of course we will be involved in helping this be resolved as quickly as possible."

Sky Sports
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2007
RuuDie:

Robben agrees terms with Madrid

off comes one of chelski's wings - boy, is they g'onna be in 4 a ruff season or what!?
Royston Drenthe looks like a suitable replacement for him init.
Re: Latest Football Transfer News by dinozzo(m): 5:19pm On Jul 18, 2007
Everton are in talks to sign Borussia Dortmund's Steven Pienaar, skysports.com understands.

The Toffees have opened talks with the German club about the transfer of the South African and hope to strike a deal in the coming days.

Everton ideally want to take Pienaar on loan with a view to a permanent switch and it seems Borussia may be willing to do a deal.

Pienaar's business manager Rob Moore would not comment on the reports, but it is believed a deal is close to being agreed.

The former Ajax man was linked with Manchester City earlier this summer and it is thought Sven Goran Eriksson still has an interest - but David Moyes is favourite to land the 25-year-old.

Sky Sports

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Neymar Returns To Barcelona, Meets Ex Team Mates / When Nani Ruined One Of The Greatest Career Goals Ronaldo Scored(throwback) / Mesut Ozil Marries Amine Gulse In Turkey Ceremony, Dances (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.