Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

How I Gave Bribe To Keyamo, Others - Kenny Martins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Gave Bribe To Keyamo, Others - Kenny Martins (896 Views)

Court Revokes Kenny Martins Bail: Sends Him To Kuje Prison / Corruption:yar'adua And Kenny Martins In Pictures / Court Frees Kenny Martins Of Alleged Fraud In Police Equipment Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Gave Bribe To Keyamo, Others - Kenny Martins by Mamajama(m): 2:27pm On May 08, 2008
This revelation is shocking and sad at the same time. I am just curious to find out who is telling the truth on this issue?

What is your take on this issue as the drama unfolds?

NATIONAL Co-ordinator of Police Equipment Foundation (PEF), Chief Kenny Martins, has given details of how he was allegedly compelled by the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro, to give N10 million and a jeep to Lagos lawyer, Festus Keyamo and his client, Godson Ewulum.

Martins, who spoke through his counsel, Dr. Tunji Abayomi, said the IGP allegedly presided over a meeting at Tanscorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja, where it was agreed that he should give N10 million to Keyamo and Ewulum.

He also said that the allegation of N50 billion fraud in PEF arose after he refused to yield to alleged blackmail by Keyamo and Ewulum.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/08052008/news/news4.html
Re: How I Gave Bribe To Keyamo, Others - Kenny Martins by angel101(f): 2:49pm On May 08, 2008
this story makes no sense to me. keyamo is not an auditor. what would the bribe have been meant for?
Re: How I Gave Bribe To Keyamo, Others - Kenny Martins by oldie(m): 3:24pm On May 08, 2008
I am not surprised
Sadly enough, both sides are dubious - feeding fat from the corrupt system
The PEF setup was not a tidy business (or deal?)

Godson Ewulum felt he had been short changed, and Festus Keyamo is a willing tool as usual
None of the two groups is fighting for the common good of Nigerians.
They are all scammers
Re: How I Gave Bribe To Keyamo, Others - Kenny Martins by lucabrasi(m): 3:49pm On May 08, 2008
the kenny martins is stupid,rather than mud slinging like they all do when they r called to give account,he should defend his actions and refunds where necessary,keyamo is not so hungry to compromise himself over ten million and a jeep, he s a lawyer and he s intelligent enough to know if he collected that,it ll be in kenny martin's records to blackmail him later and if keyamo wanted to collect bribes he ll have done so during the babangida/abacha era, moreover the inspector general who kenny martins said witnessed it said its a big fat lie

the kenny martins man should just refund the blood money he has embezled because the blood of these dead policemen are on his neck, most of them died because of the lack of proper weapons,bullet proof vests and necessary funds to do their work e.g intelligence gathering
Re: How I Gave Bribe To Keyamo, Others - Kenny Martins by oldie(m): 4:20pm On May 08, 2008
lucabrasi:

keyamo is not so hungry to compromise himself over ten million and a jeep, he s a lawyer and he s intelligent enough to know if he collected that,it ll be in kenny martin's records to blackmail him later and if keyamo wanted to collect bribes he ll have done so during the babangida/abacha era, moreover the inspector general who kenny martins said witnessed it said its a big fat lie

Young man, please do not be deceived by these fly-by-day constitutional lawyers (whatever that means) and human rights activists.
They are as corrupt as the people they are fighting!
The loosers are always the Nigerians
Re: How I Gave Bribe To Keyamo, Others - Kenny Martins by vikiviko(m): 4:39pm On May 08, 2008
Keyamo is as controversial as the case itself.

But i doubt the allegation
Re: How I Gave Bribe To Keyamo, Others - Kenny Martins by Mamajama(m): 5:35pm On May 08, 2008
I just find it amazing how many Nigerians always go on offense when they have been indicted.

Would we have known anything about this funds if it wasn't exposed by the whistle blower?

Now lets wait and see how the judicial system play its role as things unfolds
Re: How I Gave Bribe To Keyamo, Others - Kenny Martins by BigB11(m): 6:10pm On May 08, 2008
MAMAJAMA:

Should we go there?
Re: How I Gave Bribe To Keyamo, Others - Kenny Martins by Mamajama(m): 6:23pm On May 08, 2008
Please do royal king of distruction and misinformation.

I am waiting for your analogy

(1) (Reply)

Cross River's State Governor Election Has Been Cancelled: / Parents Beware: Cultists Rape Virgin Minors For Protection / Elders Call For Repeal Of Jos North, South Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.