Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Sachi Motorsport's Audi Cabriolet Project - V8 Content. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sachi Motorsport's Audi Cabriolet Project - V8 Content. (4144 Views)

Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! / Nigerian Motorsport Team Presents Drivers In Maiden Tour / Labourdette Rolls-royce Phantom III Vutotal Cabriolet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sachi Motorsport's Audi Cabriolet Project - V8 Content. by thaqib(m): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
Siena: Hello guys!

I've just gotten hold of a '96 Cabrio 2,6 auto, which will form the basis of Sachi Motorsport's Cabrio project.

Now this wouldn't have been my choice, but it was free, so I honestly couldn't turn her down. She's Ming Blue with black leather, black mohair hood. She's been stood for 2 years, though she does run. The rear window's gone yellow and brittle with age, and literally fell out when I poked at it. Usual cabrio electric roof issues, but that's life.

Now I'm going to install a 6-speed manual trans, and replace the ageing 2,6 V6 12V 150 hp motor with either a 2,7T or 40V S6 motor. I would choose the 340 hp S6 motor over a 310 hp A6 version due to the ease of coding the S6/S8 ECU for manual use. A6/A8 ECU is a bit harder to work with.

I have access to a 2002 A6 3,0 Quattro, and to make the integration of a 2,7T or S6 motor neater, I'm going to use the entire wiring harness of the C5 A6 in the Cabrio. It'll also make the car OBDII compliant, as well as enable the use of either the '00 B5 dash, or that of the '02 C6 dash and cluster. Nice, easy, neat and OEM. I will also be able to install my RNS-E, and add future upgrades that would be tedious with the older B4-based, non-CAN system.

My issue is integrating the Cabriolet power hood harness with the C5 A6. It won't be a big deal, without wiring diagrams of the Audi Cabriolet's power hood control, it'll just take longer to complete than it should.

Pictures to follow!

Thanks guys!

sienna, sorry ,i am interupting this post and my subject may not match your discuss
my toyota camry 2000 relative new tokunbo fan belt does not move after ignition o. isnt that an invitation to overheating. if you reply to thaqibolayinka@yahoo.com,it would b okay lest i divert this thread. otherwise you can reply via this avenue.... thanks
Re: Sachi Motorsport's Audi Cabriolet Project - V8 Content. by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 19, 2013
Gurus in tha hauz, pardon the
distraction.
Am still in a quandary concerning a
durable, easy-to-maintain, first
car.
I am now torn between a Audi 80
B4 Quattro and the Benz 190
sportline.
Advice me, please guys.
Re: Sachi Motorsport's Audi Cabriolet Project - V8 Content. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
ninz: Gurus in tha hauz, pardon the
distraction.
Am still in a quandary concerning a
durable, easy-to-maintain, first
car.
I am now torn between a Audi 80
B4 Quattro and the Benz 190
sportline.
Advice me, please guys.

I would go for the Audi 80 B4 2.0 8 or 16V. Easy and cheap to maintain, even for DIY owners, and with the 8V, fuel economy is reasonable. Shares many engine parts with the VW Golf II and III, so no shortage of parts either.

The Mercedes-Benz 190 Sportline (if it's a real Sportline) is a rare beast. Not many come up for sale used, and when they do, they command high prices. MB are not renowned for good gas mileage, though in terms of prestige, are up there with the best, and the Audi 80 won't match it in this regard. Both cars are equally durable.

It all boils down to what you want from a car.

1 Like

Re: Sachi Motorsport's Audi Cabriolet Project - V8 Content. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2013
Siena:

I would go for the Audi 80 B4 2.0 8 or 16V. Easy and cheap to maintain, even for DIY owners, and with the 8V, fuel economy is reasonable. Shares many engine parts with the VW Golf II and III, so no shortage of parts either.

The Mercedes-Benz 190 Sportline (if it's a real Sportline) is a rare beast. Not many come up for sale used, and when they do, they command high prices. MB are not renowned for good gas mileage, though in terms of prestige, are up there with the best, and the Audi 80 won't match it in this regard. Both cars are equally durable.

It all boils down to what you want from a car.

Hmm, thatz the man talking!
Just what I needed to hear. Tanx, bro.
Re: Sachi Motorsport's Audi Cabriolet Project - V8 Content. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
Sienna wah bout this?
Re: Sachi Motorsport's Audi Cabriolet Project - V8 Content. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
Bossforeva: Sienna wah bout this?

What about it bro?
Re: Sachi Motorsport's Audi Cabriolet Project - V8 Content. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
Siena:

What about it bro?
still with U?
Re: Sachi Motorsport's Audi Cabriolet Project - V8 Content. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 29, 2013
Bossforeva: still with U?

It sure is. Until the arrival of the A8, it's been my summer ride. It'll be going into the workshop this winter, when I'm less busy with customer's cars.
Re: Sachi Motorsport's Audi Cabriolet Project - V8 Content. by ba7man(m): 5:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
Mr Siena, I'm sorry to derail your thread but can i need your advice.

Firstly, I'm seriously considering an Audi A3 , 1.6-1.8L,2004/05 MY, manual gear, 3 dr because i believe it shares mechanical components with the VW Golf. To what extents are the similarities?

Then would it be cheaper if i sourced for a RHD version and Convert it with you or you help me source for a LHD version?
Re: Sachi Motorsport's Audi Cabriolet Project - V8 Content. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
ba7man: Mr Siena, I'm sorry to derail your thread but can i need your advice.

Firstly, I'm seriously considering an Audi A3 2004 MY upwards because i believe it shares mechanical components with the VW Golf. To what extents are the similarities?

Then would it be cheaper if i sourced for a RHD version and Convert it with you or you help me source for a LHD version?

The Audi A3 8P chassis shares engine, transmission and suspension with the VW Golf IV. It's pretty much a VW Golf with more exotic clothes. ECU's and some interior electricals are also interchangeable.

I can convert a RHD to LHD easily, as the bodyshells are global (no separate LHD and RHD). The prices of LHD cars is lower, and LHD conversion kit prices are higher, thanks to demand, which the Germans have cottoned onto, and increased their prices.

I can source you a LHD car, cheaper than it would cost you to buy a RHD model, then convert to LHD. My contact details are in my signature, so we don't contravene forum rules.
Re: Sachi Motorsport's Audi Cabriolet Project - V8 Content. by ba7man(m): 5:28pm On Sep 29, 2013
Siena:

The Audi A3 8P chassis shares engine, transmission and suspension with the VW Golf IV. It's pretty much a VW Golf with more exotic clothes. ECU's and some interior electricals are also interchangeable.

I can convert a RHD to LHD easily, as the bodyshels are global (no separate LHD and RHD). The rices of LHD cars is lower, and LHD conversion kit prices are higher, thanks to demand, which the Germans have cottoned onto, and increased their prices.

I can source you a LHD car, cheaper than it would cost you to buy a RHD model, then convert to LHD. My contact details are in my signature, so we don't contravene forum rules.
Thank you very much.
Re: Sachi Motorsport's Audi Cabriolet Project - V8 Content. by bsideboii(m): 1:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
I indeed admire your wealth of knowledge of cars. How do a newbie like me start in d diagnosis and repair part ?. I have genuine interest in stuff like this.Where do I take go for trainings in Nigeria here.I will really appreciate your reply. Thanks sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Test Light Or Multimeter - Which Would You Rather Have Or Use / I Need Help To Prevent Further Cracks On My Dashboard. / A/C & Fuel Consumption In Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.