Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

BBC & Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC & Nigeria (1041 Views)

BBC: Nigeria Police Fire At Celebrating Biafra Supporters / BBC: Nigeria's Top Five Governor Battles / BBC Nigeria Election: First Results Expected on Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC & Nigeria by landis(m): 5:43pm On May 08, 2008
One of the remedies on sale, alongside the monkey skulls and vulture heads, is elephant dung. Abdul recommends pregnant mothers feed it to their breastfeeding children.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/7390468.stm

na wa for BBC & Nigeria.
grin cheesy grin

Re: BBC & Nigeria by Spermdrops(m): 5:47pm On May 08, 2008
Make we boycott BBC too? cheesy

Oh Lord! Only in places like Nigeria will you have homeless shelters as "markets" with life tortoise heads or are those albino bats for babalowo sacrifices?

In this day and age?

This is definitely maltreatment and racism of the highest standards.  Are British citizens not selling the same items in Peckham or under the "Big Ben" or around Buckingham Palace?

Oh, I forgot. Those happen to be Nigerians too.
Re: BBC & Nigeria by HRhotness(f): 5:53pm On May 08, 2008
Spermdrops:

Make we boycott BBC too? cheesy

Just say the word,,, grin
I'm into boycotting bigtime,,, name it and i'll boycott it, BA, british govt, Work, Uni, bills,,,, grin grin
Re: BBC & Nigeria by dangermous: 6:12pm On May 08, 2008
Did you see Slide no. 5?

Abacha's sticker is a bestseller. shocked shocked angry I no fit vex anymore sef.

But it just shows how far we have to go with the preponderance of ignorance in the country.

Yaradua better adjust his vision. Vision 2100 sounds more pleasant to the ears.
Re: BBC & Nigeria by redsun(m): 7:44pm On May 08, 2008
Killing animals in the name remedies is just point blank madness,be it china,africa or india.It is man's inability to understand himself and his admiration and awe for the resilient and beautiful animals they can't be like due to inherent greed and ignorance,whiteman do the same too in the name of game hunting,gourmet dishes,clothings and cullings.

Who is good?
Re: BBC & Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 12:09am On May 09, 2008
This is the same landis that felt it was ok for him to post ugly pictures of Nigeria but as soon as he finds the same sort of pictures on BBC, most of these taken by Nigerian reporters who work for the company, he immediately condemns them for it. All you high and mighty sanctimonous Nigerians, will you be willing to accept others judging you the same way?
Re: BBC & Nigeria by tpia: 2:38am On May 09, 2008
@ landis:

I'm not sure why you find the write up offensive?

true, BBC often publishes negative stuff about Nigeria, but this particular report isnt too bad, in my opinion.

They are talking about Kano street hawkers, and I personally found it very interesting, save for the bit about elephant dung. Whoever feeds that to their child because they believe the street hawker, will have themselves to blame when that child develops diarrhea.

Slide 4 actually shows people know the basics of taxidermy- except that in a poverty situation, such knowledge is wasted.
Re: BBC & Nigeria by landis(m): 7:34am On May 09, 2008
I'm not sure why you find the write up offensive?

no where in my post, i said i find this offensive. it is only interesting.

This is the same landis that felt it was ok for him to post ugly pictures of Nigeria but as soon as he finds the same sort of pictures on BBC, most of these taken by Nigerian reporters who work for the company, he immediately condemns them for it.

most people would not see these from BBC-web, posting it here just for people to see and make their own judgement.
Re: BBC & Nigeria by YangaRat: 8:43am On May 09, 2008
Chei ! See correct meat when my wife for don take cook pepper soup.

Make unu no mind these BBC enemies of progress.  Na because them no get fine meat like that chimpanzee and vulture for them country, na him cause why them dey jealous we Africa system of bush meat and Juju meat.

If to say them get strong "MEANS" like we own, them for no get need to rack them brain and begin dey invent aeroplane, television, bullet-proof vest, and computer.

Anyway, make we just dey pity them until them fit catch up with Africa Juju system when e be say them go dey sell Animalistic Bio-technology.
Re: BBC & Nigeria by Jamco45: 9:46am On May 09, 2008
Boycott joke is outdated.
Re: BBC & Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 1:06pm On May 09, 2008
@Jamco45
So long as you're not the one using the 'boycott' line, eh?

The original 'reason' for the boycott was to 'start taking a stand against maltreatment of Nigerians', wasn't it? Why is there so much ire when good Nigerians start pointing out scenarios where Nigerians are 'maltreated' within Nigeria?

Should we adapt the original rational with the caveat that boycott is only a viable option so long as caucasians are involved? after all, nigerians are in hard, inhumane labour for indians and Chinese sweatshops in Lagos, yet no peep from you sanctimonous people.
Re: BBC & Nigeria by redsun(m): 9:08pm On May 09, 2008
The way others take us depends on how we take ourselves,it is not about what anybody says,what do you say?you feel the pain.

Truth is universal,if you have any thing to offer,show it and live.,it is all about you.
Re: BBC & Nigeria by BloodyMary: 9:04am On May 10, 2008
Jamco45:

Boycott joke is outdated.

How can the boycott joke be outdated when the "boycott" has not taken place?

(1) (Reply)

The Heart Beat Of The Nation, Edo State (1979-2008) With Professors / Failed States Index: Nigeria Ranked 15 Out Of 177 Nations / 30 Reasons Why We Couldn't Deliver The 6000mw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.