Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

How To Detect Scam. A Must Read! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Detect Scam. A Must Read! (927 Views)

Fraudsters Apprehended At First Bank In Aba While Trying To Scam A Woman- Photos / How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” / How to Detect A Scam MLM and HYIP Business Operating in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Detect Scam. A Must Read! by neksummi(m): 8:14pm On May 08, 2008
Making legitimate money has never been this easy in all times. With the advent of internet, the art of making money has been revolutionarised. With your ans access to internet connectivity, you could make a decent living from the comfort of your home office.
but many 'get rich quick' seekers have hijacked this priveledge of are making many innocent opportunity seekers part with their hard earn.
I in view of the above as an experienced net marketer who has seen many of these fraudulent programs wish to draw the attention of every genuine opportunity seeker to the existence of these programs and also to give them tips on how to identify them.
If a program sounds too good to be true, it probably is, subject it to the following Scam test.

-Type company name into google along with the word scam and see what comes up, e.g xyz+scam, xyz+customer review.

-Go to www.allwhois.com and search for domain name. Who comes up as registrant? The company name or an individual?
Altough the webmaster would have registerd the site, legit companies usually register domains by company name. You also do a google search for an individual's name that the domain is registerd under.

-Also look for date the domain was registered.

- Contact Info. Is there street address and telephone number or just email address? Is the email address from a free email provider like Yahoo or Hotmail? Use caution if you see a free email account being used especially if it is the only contact available.

-Is the website sloppy? Scam websites are usually sloppily put together and could even contain spelling mistakes.

-Another give away is free web like Geocities or Bravenet.

So subject any offer you see on the net to scam test. If there are many negative reports, stay off! If this post helps you, post a reply- a 'thank you' is just fine so that the post keeps coming back to the top to help keep nairalanders from being sucked by 'nay do wells.'
I invite you subject my name and site to some scam test. My site is in the signature below and my name is neksummi. If i fail your test, have nothing to do with me. If i pass, subscribe to my newsletter by entering your name and email in the space provided on my site. Thanks.
Re: How To Detect Scam. A Must Read! by okenwa(m): 1:36pm On May 19, 2008
nice information
keep it up cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Detect Scam. A Must Read! by neksummi(m): 9:12pm On May 19, 2008
Thanks
Re: How To Detect Scam. A Must Read! by ztyle(m): 1:01am On May 20, 2008
Gud tips !
Re: How To Detect Scam. A Must Read! by neksummi(m): 8:55pm On May 21, 2008
It's my hope that it helps nairalanders from being ripped off.
Re: How To Detect Scam. A Must Read! by stivin(m): 6:24pm On May 29, 2008
thanks toooooooooooooooooooooo.
Re: How To Detect Scam. A Must Read! by obrian(m): 9:32am On Jun 02, 2008
thank ya!

(1) (Reply)

Domiciliary Account / Top Venture Capital Firms For Raising Funds In Nigeria / 999 Business Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.