Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,864 members, 7,824,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? (11611 Views)

Seven Reasons To Read The Glorious Quran / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by Cayon(f): 2:53am On May 09, 2008
Do you think its wise for a chirtian person to read/study the Quoran? What are your thoughts?
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by 4Him1(m): 2:58am On May 09, 2008
Its not worth it, but i see no harm in doing so as long as you are standing firm in your own faith.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by liftedone(f): 5:30am On May 09, 2008
I don't see anything wrong with it at all. We were always encouraged to do so in church in order to give us an understanding of their religion and to help us witness better( I schooled in the North). So yea, read it if you can lay your hands on one.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by zarazara: 8:47am On May 09, 2008
If you're grounded in your faith, then go right ahead. It helps to gain knowledge of the Quran to help with evangelising and stuff. That's what I think sha.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by babs787(m): 8:52pm On May 09, 2008
@ poster

Please, try to lay your hands on one and read for understanding and I am sure you will gain a lot.

Honestly, you would see similarities in some accounts and difference in some accounts compare to that of the bible.

So feel free to read and learn about other's faith.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by lucabrasi(m): 11:03pm On May 09, 2008
i think its safe and its only ppl that are insecure in their religion will entertain unnecessary fears about reading the quran,i am a christian and im planning to get a copy of the quran and hadith so that i can understand another relligion
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by Lady2(f): 11:52pm On May 09, 2008
Nope nothing wrong. It will give you an insight and possibly help you further in your faith.

I know it helped me a lot. I most certainly know where the truth lies-----in Christianity.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by olabowale(m): 12:12am On May 10, 2008
@~Lady~: lol. Time will tell.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by Lady2(f): 12:35am On May 10, 2008
olabowale

it already did.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by 4Him1(m): 12:41am On May 10, 2008
olabowale:

@~Lady~: lol. Time will tell.

the "truth" has stood firm for 4000yrs.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by cgift(m): 12:36pm On May 10, 2008
babs787:

@ poster

Please, try to lay your hands on one and read for understanding and I am sure you will gain a lot.

Honestly, it will help you strengthen your Christian faith when you start seeing some absurdities in the book and you immediately know the second day of reading it that its not worth the time cos 1) Their Qurihan authenticates the bible and asks the mooslims to consult us to verify their qurihan and if they are not sure of some things that MO, their prophet was telling them 2) it explicitly declares Jesus as the Messiah (though they deny that it is not for the whole world) 3) It also reveals that their book is not god-sent as it belittles intelligence and mocks scholarship.

1 Like

Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by samba123(m): 2:39pm On May 10, 2008
4 Him:

uuh. undecided4000years !4000-1400=2600 years were those extra year gone preaching the bible. before the advent of the Glorious Qur'an.
and what the Genesis said god forget to create the Sun and Star.
and the insect have a four legged and the earth is flat, and the sky has a Permanent what a nice stuff hoax momas. grin
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by 4Him1(m): 3:04pm On May 10, 2008
samba123:

uuh. undecided4000years !4000-1400=2600 years were those extra year gone preaching the bible. before the advent of the Glorious Qur'an.
and what the Genesis said god forget to create the Sun and Star.
and the insect have a four legged and the earth is flat, and the sky has a Permanent what a nice stuff hoax momas. grin

Thou hypocrite
Actually it is the qu'ran that declares that the earth is flat and that the sun sets in a muddy spring.
The book of job/psalms clearly talk of God sitting on a spherical earth.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by ifyalways(f): 3:45pm On May 10, 2008
@Topic,if you are firmly rooted in the truth,there is no harm in reading the k'oran or any of the mus'lims fancy books.
cgift:

Honestly, it will help you strengthen your Christian faith when you start seeing some absurdities in the book and you immediately know the second day of reading it that its not worth the time because 1) Their Qurihan authenticates the bible and asks the mooslims to consult us to verify their qurihan and if they are not sure of some things that MO, their prophet was telling them 2) it explicitly declares Jesus as the Messiah (though they deny that it is not for the whole world) 3) It also reveals that their book is not god-sent as it belittles intelligence and mocks scholarship.
lol
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by olabowale(m): 6:41pm On May 10, 2008
@~Lady~ and 4Him:
it already did.

Yeah and ever so shifting so slightly the goal line and the dimension of the goal post! If that readily and "already did" "stood firm for truth for 4000 years" then we are in great peril and we just don't know it yet. I wonder if Pharaoh is not still ruling Egypt? The world conscience must have been standing still all this while.

Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by babs787(m): 7:12pm On May 10, 2008
@Lady

I know it helped me a lot. I most certainly know where the truth lies-----in Christianity.

I was like you before Allah opened my eyes. By the way, you said that you are still reading Surah Baqurah and when you are through, table what you think as issues and we discuss.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by samba123(m): 7:39pm On May 10, 2008
l4 Him
ol grin dont denied its if you are well verse in your Bible. if you like i can help you to put those verses grin
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by babs787(m): 7:55pm On May 10, 2008
@4him

Thou hypocrite
Actually it is the qu'ran that declares that the earth is flat and that the sun sets in a muddy spring.
T[b]he book of job/psalms clearly talk of God sitting on a spherical earth[/b]

Are you sure that you are conversant with your bible?

1 Like

Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by KAG: 8:51pm On May 10, 2008
No, it isn't safe. Fire will stream from your head to the sky, scorching all that you hold dear. Then your eyes will roll inwards, thereby blinding you. then worse of all, you will be forced to wander the Earth for a thousand years as one of the undead.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by Frizy(m): 9:11pm On May 10, 2008
Yes. (Very2X) safe, if you read it, you can't but marvel on how a book could be that inspiring with rich spiritual values. Perhaps, you may know the truth from there. Many wicked people will tell you not to read because they fear you may not be part of them again, in disbelieve. Therefore, heed not to their call but strive to save your own soul.

Again, you may not understand somethings and if you have a heart, the Ko'ran frightens those who live a life of uncleaniness and still remember God. Therefore, I advise you to have someone(it maybe me) who has a level of understanding of the Book, to explain and show you the meanings and read it bit by bit- not as you read your novels. Then ponder.

Best of wishes- if you read.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by olabowale(m): 9:44pm On May 10, 2008
@CGift:
Honestly, it will help you strengthen your Christian faith when you start seeing some absurdities in the book and you immediately know the second day of reading it that its not worth the time because 1) Their Qurihan authenticates the bible and asks the mooslims to consult us to verify their qurihan and if they are not sure of some things that MO, their prophet was telling them 2) it explicitly declares Jesus as the Messiah (though they deny that it is not for the whole world) 3) It also reveals that their book is not god-sent as it belittles intelligence and mocks scholarship.
When the Qu.r'a.n says that the people of the Book should be asked, meaning that the Jews and the Christians should be asked, because if they were to be honest, they will confirm what is in the Qu.r'an. You see, you have not used your inner eye to ponder on anything, considering that you live in Ikorodu, a very good Mu.sl.im town.

Al.l.ah says to Moses when the Children of Israel (before they became known as Jews; Christians check it out. The Mu.sl.lims are now taking you to school on the Bible), were complaining that they were tired of eating Mahnar and Salwa; Manna from heaven (Al Niama; blessing which you do nothing to get). He told Moses to tell them to go to any land that they choose and eat their food, if they are not happy with what God gave them. God was unhappy with their request and so he gave them a sarcastic response.

This is exactly what the Almighty did as He instructed that you should be asked, because you know the truth, but you hide it because of your pride. And pride leads to great sets of sins. It is pride and arrogance that cause Shaitan to refuse to obey the command of the Creator.

Cgist, you blindly did not see in chapter known as Fatiha where A.l.lah says of the people who are astray? It is the Christians who say that God is broken to multi godhead. This is a thing of those who are astray and will be lost.

Allah says in Chapter 5, the table Spread that in the day of judgement, who ever brings anything other than Is.l.am, it will be reject and will never be acceptable. Fortunately, Jesus did not bring Christianity to human beings. He did not bring Judaism, either. And we see that he disagreed with the Jews in their process of worship and deallings. Moses never brought Judaism either. We realise that the words Jews and or Judaism were never used during his live time.

Now how will you plead your case before your Lord, with something no prophet or messenger brought?
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by 4Him1(m): 9:54pm On May 10, 2008
babs787:

@4him
Are you sure that you are conversant with your bible?

Isaiah 40: 22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by lucabrasi(m): 3:00am On May 11, 2008
you guys are all deviating from the posters questions,one thing i know for sure is that by saying christianity is the best or the islamic religion is the best will not make anyone change their religion because it takes a lot more than that,also no one can win this argument about which religion is the best because nobody will back down and their are verses in both the quran and the bible to back up the others claims, these sort of argument s the cause of wars all round the world and i really think we should focus on the similarities in both the bible and the quran,that is what i think the poster should have in mind,
if allah or GOD or jesus e.t.c felt like most us these days,im sure maybe half the population of the world will have been wiped out through battles of one religion against the other,the funny thing is that most people fighting for religion can not stand up and say they have not committed a sin today or yestd, lets focus on having a better relationship with GOD or allah instead of using that energy to argue about which religion is better, for the record im xtian
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by Cayon(f): 3:24am On May 11, 2008
To all:

Thanks for the feed back.  I picked up a copy of the Qu'ran (Ko'ran) today but haven't open it yet.  As an FYI, I am not trying to change who I am or my religious background.  I stand firm on my Christian believes, however, I want to read the Qu'ran because I want to obtain a better comprehension of the The Is'lam Religion.

Will keep you abreast when I decide to open it and start reading
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by samba123(m): 6:28pm On May 11, 2008
4 Him:

Isaiah 40: 22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

were those passage in the Bible said the Insect has four legged, and the earth is flat and the sky has a permanent and the Sun , star uncreated? kindly put it here lol grin
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by 4Him1(m): 6:30pm On May 11, 2008
samba123:

were those passage in the Bible said the Insect has four legged, and the earth is flat and the sky has a permanent and the Sun , star uncreated? kindly put it here lol grin

why don't you put those verses here if you have them?

How can the bible claim that the sun and stars where not created when their creation is clearly described in Genesis?
Is this guy mentally stable?

I showed you Isaiah 40:22 and yet you still persist in continuing the blatant FALSEHOOD that the bible claims the earth is flat? What type of devils are these?
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by samba123(m): 6:41pm On May 11, 2008
4 Him:

why don't you put those verses here if you have them?

why you ashame to put those verses I though you are well verse than me. grin

Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by 4Him1(m): 6:43pm On May 11, 2008
Samba, you brought the accusation . . . it is up to you to prove it.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by kolaoloye(m): 4:41pm On May 12, 2008
Personally am not against Christian reading or studying Quoran but it doesn't worth the trouble.
They removed GRACE which Jesus taught us from it. They added unneccessary things which profited
man nothing. No room for forgiveness. In the process i blf one could learn one or two things.
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by babs787(m): 9:11pm On May 12, 2008
@4him

Isaiah 11:12 : And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 7:1: And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. 

How can the bible claim that the sun and stars where not created when their creation is clearly described in Genesis?

Can I have the creation of the sun and stars from your bible please?
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by kolaoloye(m): 10:13am On May 13, 2008
babs787:

Can I have the creation of the sun and stars from your bible please?

Genesis 1
1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
     And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3[b] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. [/b]

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

14  And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs,
     and for seasons, and for   days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.   cheesy
Re: Is It "safe" For A Christian To Read The Qur'an? by banni: 1:52pm On May 13, 2008
I see nothing wrong with it .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"My Faith In Islam Is Nearly Gone" - Any Advice For Her? / Ruling On Fearing The Coronavirus By Shaykh Salih Al-fawzan / Are You Preparing For Ramadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.