Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,736 members, 7,837,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? (4931 Views)

Buhari Has Given Nigerians Negative Change – Fasehun. / Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by molluma(f): 8:38am On Jun 14, 2006
ha ha ha. guess you are right
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by Ashiwaju(m): 1:03pm On Jun 14, 2006
danielorde:

I think it is time we start calling ourselves to order as individuals, if I am disciplined and you choose to be disciplined and say 1 percent of Nigerians choose to be , the country will improve. Ask yourself when last did you tell a simple truth? Ahah! u cannot even remeber, ok for those who do tell the truth. when last did you correct the errant bike man (Okada rider) for going on the wrong lane, or the Bus driver for going on the wrong lane, interestingly you were probabaly in the bus but because you are in a hurry, u were actually thanking God that the guy was doing the wrong thing! The bus guy was facing on coming vehicle.

So true! @danielorde

well said @ omoge

bolaoni:

Omoge, will you be willing to send your child(ren) to Oke Odo High School or igbo Elerin Secondary school? You need to come and see some schools that don't have roof over them. No chairs and students sit on mats. My church donated some sets of seats to a school and there and then Teachers were struggling with the students for chairs just because they were not provided with one.

Abeg no be all naija high school be like dt oo but if na African church Primary school, u get point. But sincerely speaking we have quite a lot of schools here with high standards that could well be compared to best high schools abroad.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by bolaoni(m): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2006
how many of our people can afford those?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by Ashiwaju(m): 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2006
Nothing good comes easy my broda, poverty has eaten up just too much but dont lets pretend as if nothing good wont come out of naija.

We have it and if we dont have pls lets claim it and work towards it. Hope raising for naija, it can only get beta
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by bolaoni(m): 11:15am On Jun 15, 2006
It will be so stupid of anybody to think that nothing good will ever come out of our country.
Talking about the future, it is colorful and bright but we have to start working towards it now. wink
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by kellorah: 3:12am On Jul 10, 2006
i've got bare plans for 9ja, when the time comes, u all will knw. but first thing first, obj shd b replaced by a better person, and someone who'll listen to me when i begin to unleash ma plans,preferably, odili
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 3:22am On Jul 10, 2006
kellorah, share some of your plans.

In all honesty, you are naive to think that these degenerates would listen to an 18 year old. Making matters worse, an 18 year old GIRL. shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by kellorah: 3:25am On Jul 10, 2006
the plans r confidential, between my sisters and i, cnt share soz
Afeni:

kellorah, share some of your plans.

In all honesty, you are naive to think that these degenerates would listen to an 18 year old. Making matters worse, an 18 year old GIRL. shocked

bout dat comment, suit yasef!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 3:27am On Jul 10, 2006
I am being honest.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by kellorah: 3:28am On Jul 10, 2006
like i said, confidential, lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 3:31am On Jul 10, 2006
lol. Of course. Keep your ideas, or lack of, confidential.

My idea for Nigeria is simple. Spill the blood of the degenerates. Kill millions if you have to. Till an acceptable solution is reached. Most likely in the formation of independent States out of the abomination they call Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by kellorah: 3:33am On Jul 10, 2006
hmm, sounds gd,
the killin part was in ma list as well lol
cos i planned dt if obj refuses to step down, i'll make him lol
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 3:37am On Jul 10, 2006
I am more worried about Ibb becoming the next President than Obj getting a third term.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 3:37am On Jul 10, 2006
In all honesty, there would likely be a coup in 2007. A very bloody coup. tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by kellorah: 3:39am On Jul 10, 2006
i dnt reckon!
when's d nxt election for presidency?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 3:40am On Jul 10, 2006
I think it is around may 2007. The exact date has not been set.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 3:47am On Jul 10, 2006
kellorah, what ethnic group are you a part of?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by kellorah: 3:55am On Jul 10, 2006
my mom is ibo
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 3:58am On Jul 10, 2006
And your dad?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by kellorah: 4:00am On Jul 10, 2006
he's english. u?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 4:02am On Jul 10, 2006
Both my parents are Yoruba from Ogun.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 4:04am On Jul 10, 2006
kellorah:

he's english. u?

Omg! A teenager, half blood, girl, am I missing anything that counts towards a negative? shocked

If you like, share your ideas. lol.

You would be labeled a silly foreign girl that is disconnected from the reality on the ground. cool
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by kellorah: 4:06am On Jul 10, 2006
trustme,i got nthn evil planned.i want wat's best
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 4:07am On Jul 10, 2006
I do too. grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by DaHitler(m): 4:07am On Jul 10, 2006
I think it would be better to incite a revolution than to try and work within the system.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by sholashola: 1:32am On Dec 19, 2007
Why won't they be negative about Nigeria, Haven't they been disappointed a lot of times by their leaders(though I believe they are disappointing themselves) Nigerians need a mentality revolution.Why should we believe we cannot make it? then if we do, how can we ever make it? Aren't the leaders a reflection of the people and vice versa?? the "make I chop my own" mentality has eaten deep into us, pathetic enough - even the youths. We simply need to get positive.We can make it -- it takes God though.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 3:00am On Dec 19, 2007
LMAO!!!!! grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

This thread was started back on on: May 19, 2006, 09:32 PM ». It is December 18th 2007 and we are only a few days into 2008. Look around you at the current condition in Nigeria and notice how in over a year, it is almost as if nothing changed. Please let the Nigerian man be. Leave him with his bitterness cause the more you think of it, the more you realize he is not without reason . grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by Ndipe(m): 4:00am On Dec 19, 2007
And what's so funny about your statement@kobojunkie?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 4:01am On Dec 19, 2007
Ndipe:

And what's so funny about your statement@kobojunkie?

If you do not see it, I can not help you there!!!LMAO!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:49am On Dec 19, 2007
The Nigerian economy is improving.

Anyone who cannot see that is either blind or mischievious.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 5:24am On Dec 19, 2007
ROSSIKE:

The Nigerian economy is improving.

Anyone who cannot see that is either blind or mischievious.

Here's the problem. The Nigerian economy has been improving since the beginning. Infact, that same line was used during Obasanjo's first term in office and this year, it was reported that over 75 million Nigerians NOW happen to fall under the VERY POOR bracket. Yes, the economy has been improving for decades now but the state of so many of our institutions as in such delapidated states that the government concludes that starting from scratch would be cheaper for the people. Anywho, please let us not be decieved again by the use of such statements as " THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY IS IMPROVING". It has always been in that state, problem is, the average Nigerian has yet to feel the effect of the so called improvements in so many years.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Negative About Nigeria? by EloSela(f): 11:44am On Dec 19, 2007
I have a love/hate relationship with Nigeria. I often find myself expressing negative my negative feelings about the Nigeria on boards like these and to other Nigerians. However to non-Nigerians I tend to always express love and heartfelt sentiments about the country.

To the person who said something about Nollywood being part of Nigerian culture. While I appreciate some of the films that have come out of that industry, I actually lean more towards the idea that Nollywood is a big joke and not reflective of real Nigerian society at all. At times some or even most of the films come across as a parody, anyway I suppose that rant is for another thread. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Almost Wept When I Read ASUU's 2009 Agreement - Apc's Prof. Adeyeye / Seun And The Mods Ban These Cloned Monikers Baccanista And Sincerenigerian OR... / Ministerial List: PDP Submits Preferred Alternative Ministerial List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.