Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

The People God(s) Forgot - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The People God(s) Forgot (1956 Views)

Why You Should Not Pay Attention To The People That Say "Do Not Judge". / God(s) And Our Ignorance / People, God Is Real . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The People God(s) Forgot by huxley(m): 6:39pm On May 13, 2008
imhotep:

According to the account in Genesis, the justice of God demanded punishment for sins of Adam and Eve.

God cursed the earth; instead of cursing Man [who sinned in the first place].

Oh, so god did not curse man? Then whence all the diseases that afflict man?

Did god also curse all the billions and billions of galaxies and planets that make up the known universe?
Re: The People God(s) Forgot by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 13, 2008
huxley:

Oh, so god did not curse man? Then whence all the diseases that afflict man?

Did god also curse all the billions and billions of galaxies and planets that make up the known universe?
@huxley
Stop day-dreaming and wishful thinking . Learn to live with the evils that surround you.
You CANNOT dream evil away.
You can choose to read/write volumes about the non-existence of God for the next 100 years.
But you still have to live with the evils around you.
Be a man.
Re: The People God(s) Forgot by huxley(m): 6:49pm On May 13, 2008
imhotep:

@huxley
Stop day-dreaming and wishful thinking . Learn to live with the evils that surround you.
You CANNOT dream evil away.
You can choose to read/write volumes about the non-existence of God for the next 100 years.
But you still have to live with the evils around you.
Be a man.

Nice dodge of my questions!!!! I suppose in theology anything goes.
Re: The People God(s) Forgot by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 13, 2008
huxley:

Nice dodge of my questions!!!! I suppose in theology anything goes.

You CANNOT take evil away with atheism, rationalism, secular humanism, anti-Christianity, anti-Religion etc etc, no matter how hard you try. Your own experience will reveal this to you.

Many of your atheistic heros fell sick and died like everyone else. What do you learn from this?

So, you gotta live with the evils.
Sorry mate.
Re: The People God(s) Forgot by olabowale(m): 6:55pm On May 13, 2008
@Huxley:

How many people are killed yearly in Mecca as they go to serve their god?

I guess when you die, which is certain, regardless of the number, 1 person, it will be chalked up as a desaster? And by the way the Deity that M.us.lim serve is a God. I don't know where you find a (g) that you are trying to stamp on us. What do you think we are? People who move the goal post, ever shifting their (deity's) definition? We do not worship imagery or anything you can see or conceptualize.

This is Is.la.m and we are not idolators. You with your wayo. You are almost like KAG who is using his orientalist definition to describe M.us.lim. I almost wanted to ask him to tell me who should the one that best define and who who Mu.slims are; the m.us.lims or him a disbeliever in Higher Power?

And Huxley, there is no death except tha God ordained it. And a person or thing dies where and when and how it is ordained to die.
Re: The People God(s) Forgot by huxley(m): 7:00pm On May 13, 2008
olabowale:

@Huxley:
I guess when you die, which is certain, regardless of the number, 1 person, it will be chalked up as a desaster? And by the way the Deity that M.us.lim serve is a God. I don't know where you find a (g) that you are trying to stamp on us. What do you think we are? People who move the goal post, ever shifting their (deity's) definition? We do not worship imagery or anything you can see or conceptualize.

This is Is.la.m and we are not idolators. You with your wayo. You are almost like KAG who is using his orientalist definition to describe M.us.lim. I almost wanted to ask him to tell me who should the one that best define and who who Mu.slims are; the m.us.lims or him a disbeliever in Higher Power?

And Huxley, there is no death except tha God ordained it. And a person or thing dies where and when and how it is ordained to die.

Can you explicate all this again with respect to the thousands who have recently died in Burma and China? Did god ordain them to die in this fashion?

BTW, what does it mean "ordain to die"?
Re: The People God(s) Forgot by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 13, 2008
huxley:

Can you explicate all this again with respect to the thousands who have recently died in Burma and China? Did god ordain them to die in this fashion?

BTW, what does it mean "ordain to die"?
The 6 billion people on the earth today will each die one day. There is nothing you [or anyone] can do about it.
Re: The People God(s) Forgot by huxley(m): 7:12pm On May 13, 2008
imhotep:

The 6 billion people on the earth today will each die one day. There is nothing you [or anyone] can do about it.

Yes, but if there is a omnibenevolent god, where is all the dead and evil from?

BTW, atheist does not make any claims about gets to die or not.
Re: The People God(s) Forgot by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 13, 2008
huxley:

Yes, but if there is a omnibenevolent god, where is all the dead and evil from?
Have you heard of heaven before? Or are you just trapped in the physical universe?

huxley:

BTW, atheist does not make any claims about gets to die or not.
But all athiests will get to die; whether they like it or not. Whether they understand [in their small minds] it or not.
Re: The People God(s) Forgot by olabowale(m): 7:28pm On May 13, 2008
@Huxley:

With all your googleing, ordain should be a word that isvery easy for you to find. No one is supposed to die in a flood will die in the desert, except there is an unusual amount of rainfall therein. That is an example of "ordain" by God. It means it has been decided.

Please go sidon, 9ja man. Your wayo is very clear to all of us. You like to play innocent when it suits your insincere heart.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Money Cometh To Me Now - Prosperity Preaching At The Highest Level / Xtians Can Someone Explain (trinity) For Me? / Compassion For Those With Suicidal Thoughts (from "a Divine Revelation Of Delive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.