Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,581 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

My Withdrawal From NSGF, Not A Mistake –suswam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Withdrawal From NSGF, Not A Mistake –suswam (576 Views)

Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi / EFCC Petitioned Over Jonathan Illegal N67.2billion Withdrawal From CBN-sahara / Gov. Yuguda Rescinds Decision To Quit NSGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Withdrawal From NSGF, Not A Mistake –suswam by lekanolas: 3:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
The Benue State governor, Gabriel Suswam, has reiterated that his withdrawal from the Northern States Governors’ Forum, NSGF, is not a mistake, adding that he stood by his decision to abstain from the NSGF’s meetings henceforth.

Suswam was reacting to the comments made by the Kano State governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, that Governors Isa Yuguda and Suswam of Bauchi and Benue states respectively, made “the biggest political mistakes of their lives” by their decision to, henceforth, stop attending meetings of the NSGF.

Governor Kwankwaso was also quoted in the report to have threatened that neither of the two governors nor their candidates would win elections again in the North.

In a statement made available to National Mirror and signed by the Media Adviser to Suswam, Dr. Cletus Akwaya, the governor described the statements credited to Kwankwaso as “misleading as they are intended to undermine the integrity of Governor Suswam by portraying him as a leader who is against the interest of his people and the political interests of the North.

This is certainly untrue and a total misinterpretation of the decision of Governor Suswam on the subject matter under discourse.” Saying that Suswam is a leader who weighs the implication of a decision on his people before taking it, the statement added that “his decision to withdraw from meetings of the NSGF was also well thought out and taken in the overall interest of the people of Benue State, who he represents as well as the people of the old Northern Region of which Benue people are a proud part.”

The Benue governor added that he took the decision because of the “mistrust created by the betrayal by some members of the forum,” saying that he would maintain that stance for as long as the unacceptable situation prevails.

He said that rather than been a mistake as construed by Kwankwaso, his decision was “informed by the principle which places personal and institutional integrity far and above other political considerations such as the personal desire to win elections.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/my-withdrawal-from-nsgf-not-a-mistake-suswam/
Re: My Withdrawal From NSGF, Not A Mistake –suswam by mankand(m): 3:48pm On Jun 19, 2013
Who can shut this PDP Cancer down?

Focus on developing your state and not trying to gain cheap media focus
Re: My Withdrawal From NSGF, Not A Mistake –suswam by okosodo: 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
Kwankwaso, leave Suswam alone. He does not want to join boko haram
Re: My Withdrawal From NSGF, Not A Mistake –suswam by egift(m): 4:42pm On Jun 19, 2013
Time to "Janganize" the Northern PDP. Jona how does it taste?
Re: My Withdrawal From NSGF, Not A Mistake –suswam by mrman2(m): 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2013
Time we tell.

(1) (Reply)

Only Good Governance Can Stem Terrorism –obama / NUPENG Calls Off Strike / Can You Believe It: Senator Uzodinma Did Not Graduate From High School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.