Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 (604 Views)

JAMB Result Site Is DOWN Cannot Handle Concurrent Users Of 1.5m Candidates ? / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by nollyj: 1:35am On Jun 20, 2013
Before you start Please Note: Do not check if it is responsive because I am still working on it now so it can be best view on a desktop or laptop.

This is a simple website I made for a car dealer.

Please kindly help me and review it.

Thanks for your time

http://toscanyacademy.com/ejoor/
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by nollyj: 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
Still waiting for any review before I hand it over the owner
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by GraphicsPlus(m): 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
Really simple. And that is more reason u should make it responsive immediately before handing it over to the client.
The about and contact links color at the footer is somewhat dark. The social icons, why in black color? The 'Get in touch' button at the index, when clicked why not a nice square contact form popping up and after filling the form and a thank u message, the form will fade out? Let the contact page be called only when the user clicks on the contact at the footer.
The box shadow under the cars is not subtle enough. Try this: box-shadow: 1px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0,.5);
Trace out the backgrounds of the cars in photoshop and give the boxes white bg.

6/10
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 21, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Really simple. And that is more reason u should make it responsive immediately before handing it over to the client.
[i]The about and contact links color at the footer is somewhat dar[/i]k. The social icons, why in black color? The 'Get in touch' button at the index, when clicked why not a nice square contact form popping up and after filling the form and a thank u message, the form will fade out? Let the contact page be called only when the user clicks on the contact at the footer.
The box shadow under the cars is not subtle enough. Try this: box-shadow: 1px 2px 5px rgba(0,0,0,.5);
Trace out the backgrounds of the cars in photoshop and give the boxes white bg.

6/10
As much as you'd like to tag yourself a perfectionist, nothing is 100% percent perfect in this world including your immature self.

@OP You did a wonderful job.
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by GraphicsPlus(m): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2013
Brand_new:
As much as you'd like to tag yourself a perfectionist, nothing is 100% percent perfect in this world including your immature self.

@OP You did a wonderful job.

Why are u highlighting: 'Really simple.' I was only agreeing with the OP because he said it's a simple website.
I dont claim to know anything. And i didnt say the website is not ok. I only offered some suggestions.
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by nollyj: 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
GraphicsPlus and Brand_new, Thanks so much for your suggestions. I think we are all here to learn from each other. Getting to know how other people view things is important to our industry. In as much as you might not implement all the suggestions and recommendations from a review, you will definitely see your work in the eyes of others and get to understand what they think about it. So let us try and respect individual opinion.
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by nollyj: 4:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
Someone modify my post and add something new. I have edited it to the original content. Let me see if it will happen again.
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by yawatide(f): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
Site is real simple and responsive. Very Good.

The only things I would change:
- Large header image at the top - Make the height half of what it is now. This will bring the content up to the top
- Maroon header above header image: I think you could do better than that
- Testimonials: This is why I will buy a car from you. Bring it to the top to make it more visible
- Why aren't the car thumbnails clickable?

Good job!
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by nollyj: 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2013
@GraphicsPlus, I have implemented some of the changes you suggested

Thanks, I replaced my box-shadow css with the one you provided below and it looks better.
I have added a modal form in Get-in-Touch button so it is not directly linked to the contact page now.
I have also change the footer link to white color to create more contrast.

I am not sure if there will be much difference in removing the background of the car images so I decided to leave it as it is.

Thanks and you can still check it out
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by nollyj: 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
Site is real simple and responsive. Very Good.

The only things I would change:
- Large header image at the top - Make the height half of what it is now. This will bring the content up to the top
- Maroon header above header image: I think you could do better than that
- Testimonials: This is why I will buy a car from you. Bring it to the top to make it more visible
- Why aren't the car thumbnails clickable?

Good job!

Maroon header above header image: I think you could do better than that
I am not sure if I understood what you meant.

Why aren't the car thumbnails clickable?
The cars in each section represents a category image not the actual product that is why I did not use a thumbnail images

Thanks so much
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by yawatide(f): 11:41pm On Jun 21, 2013
1) Go to line 9 of your stylesheet. That's the maroon I am talking about:
.red-background, .red-button {
background-color: #610606;
}

2) You can still make them clickable to a category. In other words, they would be the parent, from which floweth children wink
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:10am On Jun 22, 2013
Good work sir.
The modal pop up form is pretty nice, but after filling the form and the thank u message, the thank u box didn't fade out. It should disappear after about 5 or 10 seconds. Again when i clicked outside it, it did disappear, but when i clicked on the get in touch button again, the thank u message reappeared. It shouldn't, it's the form that should come back.

@Yawa, i think the testimonial is perfect where it is. The client will have to scroll down to see it. What i will suggest is to have some catchy sentences before 'Our major brands' text.

The gap between the two social icons is somehow big.
Cheers.
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by yawatide(f): 11:35am On Jun 22, 2013
This may not be the same thing but it is similar:

There is a very popular web dev author (I forget the name now) who recently held a seminar. The video is on youtube. He told the audience how they experimented with where to place social media icons on their site. He started off at the top and got a few hits. He then placed them at the bottom and got fewer still. He then placed them right before the first paragraph of each page and he got more hits than ever. In fact, he said that he noticed based on twitter feeds that people were tweeting his blog posts before actually reading the article. This in turn resulted even more hits on his site.

His conclusion? If you want to capture the customer, you need to bring things to them. Sure, this is purely anecdotal and everyone is entitled to his opinion. Having said that, I think his conclusion makes sense. Again, given the fact that a majority of testimonials are not even regarded anymore (when was the last time you saw a testimonial and believed in it...I don't), you need to lend some credibility. If it is at the bottom, where people like me will seldom scroll to, unless I have a good reason to, it has lost its purpose.
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by GraphicsPlus(m): 11:50am On Jun 22, 2013
Actually, 90% of the testimonials are cosmetic. We know that. You made a point that you will scroll down if you have a reason to. Back to my point, if he can grab your attention with a catchy sentence at the top, the user is likely to scroll to the bottom.
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by nollyj: 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2013
Since most people do not base their decision to buy product most often on clients testimonies so why should the position of testimonies be of important in website layout?
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by yawatide(f): 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2013
^^^ Then I would throw back another question: Why even have it to begin with? cool

I don't do testimonials personally. In fact, when I see them, I suspect the site big time.
Re: Car Dealership Website Review On A Scale Of 1 To 10 by nollyj: 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2013
^^ There are stuffs that are no longer as important as they use to be. Using them might not add much from the overall aim. But does not harm to use them.

I also think that since there are many industries / business sectors, a feature that works well in one area might not produce the same result in a different area.

(1) (Reply)

Kremlin Returns To Typewriters To Avoid Computer Leaks / Never Pay Someone To Update Your #website Again :-) / Urgently In Need Of A Web Site Developer..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.